PDA

View Full Version : Vale Lynne Kosky

bornadog
04-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this but Lynne died last night after a long illness.

A very passionate Bulldog supporter and former number one ticket holder and board member. Also part of the Save the Dogs and of course a politician and active member of the community. Lynne was only 56 years old.

Condolences to Family and friends.

Twodogs
04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Lynne was an old school and personal friend of mine. This is devastating news. A terrible way to start the day.

RIP Lynne-a true bulldog.

josie
04-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Dreadful news. Her children went to same long day care as my son. Lynne was a vibrant, funny and lovely person who always tried to do the right thing by her community.

I always felt that the Government gave her the poisoned chalice of portfolios in Transport.

Tragic loss for her Family, Friends and the FFC Community.

Bulldog4life
04-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Very sad news indeed. I never met Lynne but knew of her as a great Bulldog person. Condolences to all family & friends.

susie bulldog
04-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Thank you Lynne for everything you did for our Club and the broader community. My deepest condolences to the family. RIP

Remi Moses
04-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Front and centre in the fightback campaign .
Sad loss and condolences to Lynne's family

Eastdog
04-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Very sad to hear. Condolences are with her family and friends in this extremely difficult time.

bornadog
04-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon has issued the following statement

The Western Bulldogs Football Club mourns today the passing of our good friend, former director and number one ticket holder Lynne Kosky. As a lifelong supporter, as a Director of the Club , and as Mayor of the City of Footscray, Lynne made outstanding contributions to the life and health of our Club and to our Western Region more broadly.

Lynne played a critical role in the fightback of 1989 which saved our Club from merger with Fitzroy, taking a leading role in the negotiations with the VFL to facilitate our independent survival. Lynne and her husband Jim and their children Jack and Hana have all been staunch supporters of the Club through thick and thin.

Lynne was our first female Director, and one of the first women to open the way for the many women who serve on AFL Boards today. After leaving the Board of the Club in 1993, Lynne continued to serve the people of the west and also the people of Victoria more broadly. As a local member, Lynne held a number of ministerial portfolios in the Bracks and Brumby Governments.

Lynne was a bright, intelligent, committed and passionately concerned daughter of the West.

A sad but grateful football Club today extends its condolences to Jim, Hana and Jack and Lynne’s broader family and many friends. -

See more at: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-12-04/vale-lynne-kosky#sthash.ZvEOS8YA.dpuf

Maddog37
04-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Way too young.

LostDoggy
04-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Packed so much into her 56 years, RIP.

ratsmac
04-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Condolences to her friends and family.

SonofScray
04-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Sad news. That was a nice statement from PG.

Chicago1
06-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Lynne is one of the reasons why we still have a club. She stood up and fought for us in '89. The club has lost a loyal servant and faithful supporter. May she rest in eternal peace.