PDA

View Full Version : Former Western Bulldog Jason Tutt relieved to officially join Carlton

Throughandthrough
05-12-2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/former-western-bulldog-jason-tutt-relieved-to-officially-join-carlton-20141204-11zx6m.html

chef
05-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Meh.

Maddog37
05-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I second that meh.

Throughandthrough
05-12-2014, 01:34 PM
interesting that we tried to keep him

F'scary
05-12-2014, 01:37 PM
He can relieve himself all over Carton as far as I'm concerned.

westdog54
05-12-2014, 01:38 PM
He at least had the decency to say that we'd given him a fair go. I'll give him that much. I wish him well.

boydogs
05-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Maybe I'm getting sucked in by the headlines but it looks to me as though each player that left had a different reason for doing so

1eyedog
05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Tutt will always be an almost player and playing at a different club will not change that. Good luck to him but good riddance he's a list clogger.

Bulldog4life
05-12-2014, 06:11 PM
I think Tutty's best form is in front of him and he might surprise a few on WOOF. Hope I am wrong.

Greystache
05-12-2014, 06:31 PM
He's an inoffensive and largely forgettable player. It's amazing how much a second rate player's profile can increase as soon as their name comes up in trade week.

Bulldog Joe
05-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I find it intriguing that for whatever reason Carlton have a 2015 list with so many almost players from the bulldogs.

They have Everitt, who they seem to think is going to be much better than he displayed with us or Sydney. He did show something before injury in 2014, but also remember the star that Richmond uncovered when they traded Patrick Bowden from us. He was good for almost a season until everyone understood he was hopeless in a contest.

Now they have Liam Jones, who has shown he prefers to hang back for a speccie rather than put himself in the contest.

Interesting with Tutt, who put himself in good positions in the VFL finals and used the ball well on occasions. However, he still manage to fumble the ball on many occasions. Concrete hands do not make a good small forward.

They have also added young Foster who we didn't rate above rookie status.

Tutt was earlier quotes as saying he was looking for more opportunity. Obviously the players recognise the depth at Carlton is lacking.

Remi Moses
05-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Carlton have a big player age gap between 21 to 25, hence why they are just picking up players at that age.
They still have the least amount in the league.

bornadog
05-12-2014, 07:22 PM
I find it intriguing that for whatever reason Carlton have a 2015 list with so many almost players from the bulldogs.

They have Everitt, who they seem to think is going to be much better than he displayed with us or Sydney. He did show something before injury in 2014, but also remember the star that Richmond uncovered when they traded Patrick Bowden from us. He was good for almost a season until everyone understood he was hopeless in a contest.

Now they have Liam Jones, who has shown he prefers to hang back for a speccie rather than put himself in the contest.

Interesting with Tutt, who put himself in good positions in the VFL finals and used the ball well on occasions. However, he still manage to fumble the ball on many occasions. Concrete hands do not make a good small forward.

They have also added young Foster who we didn't rate above rookie status.

Tutt was earlier quotes as saying he was looking for more opportunity. Obviously the players recognise the depth at Carlton is lacking.

and a former head coach:D

LostDoggy
05-12-2014, 09:26 PM
and a former head coach:D

After a quarter of a century, it doesn't really count does it?

I saw Everitt in Coles last week, couldn't believe how skinny the bloke still is.