PDA

View Full Version : 2015 East Meets West Family Day

Eastdog
06-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Was wondering if any woofers might know what date this will be on.

Smads57
06-12-2014, 11:43 PM
I'm a former EWC Committee member and when we have organised this event in the past, we have been subject to the training regime of the club for the month of January. Given the new coach and other changes late this year, I suspect the current Committee is negotiating a date at present. The most recent edition of Kennel Kapers (Nov edition) was silent. It was usual for us to send a special edition out in late Dec/early Jan with details. I suspect it is a case of watch this space.....

always right
07-12-2014, 11:13 AM
I really hope they can get this day back to its old format with the full squad attending and completing a light training run. Last year's was really disappointing with far less players and a non-descript junior clinic conducted. It went from being a great day to one which I might not even attend in future, which would be a shame as it's a great marketing opportunity for supporters in the East.

After the recent off field turmoil I reckon days like this are critical to reinforce the club/fan connection. Imperative that the club shows off the blokes supporters are pinning their hopes on.....Tommy Boyd, Stringer, Bonts, McCrae, Libba and of course the new coach and captain.

Smads57
07-12-2014, 12:45 PM
In 2013 the football club changed the format to deal with the number of appearances players are allowed to make per year. Agree it is a great marketing opportunity and is the primary motive of the EWC Commiittee.

Eastdog
07-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info Smads57. Ill just keep a look out for the date. If its between the 19th and 26th of Jan then wont be able to make it as ill be overseas. Yes agree that this is a great way to spread our club in the southern and eastern suburbs where its quite a big area which is bound to have Doggie fans there. For Nothern suburbs Dogs fans your relatively close to the Whitten Oval still.

Smads57
07-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the info Smads57. Ill just keep a look out for the date. If its between the 19th and 26th of Jan then wont be able to make it as ill be overseas. Yes agree that this is a great way to spread our club in the southern and eastern suburbs where its quite a big area which is bound to have Doggie fans there. For Nothern suburbs Dogs fans your relatively close to the Whitten Oval still.

Got a whisper today the likely date will be 14 Feb so you should be back in time Eastdog. If I hear anything further this week, I'll post.

Eastdog
07-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Got a whisper today the likely date will be 14 Feb so you should be back in time Eastdog. If I hear anything further this week, I'll post.

Cheers :)

Smads57
12-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Spoke to the EWC president at Inside the Kennel function this evening who advised the likely dates at this stage are 7 or 14 Feb with the event to be held at the WO as part of their normal Saturday morning training schedule (8.30-10am)

This represents a major change of venue from Wesley College, but a possible return to having all players in attendance.

The Committee is still negotiating with the football club what the day will look like.

bornadog
12-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Spoke to the EWC president at Inside the Kennel function this evening who advised the likely dates at this stage are 7 or 14 Feb with the event to be held at the WO as part of their normal Saturday morning training schedule (8.30-10am)

This represents a major change of venue from Wesley College, but a possible return to having all players in attendance.

The Committee is still negotiating with the football club what the day will look like.

I thought having it in the East was all part of giving something to supporters out that way. Having it at the WO is just not what the East/west cub is all about, its just another training day.

w3design
12-12-2014, 11:24 AM
They should have it at one of the grounds at Casey Fields, then its only a 10min trip for me. ;)

LostDoggy
12-12-2014, 07:21 PM

That is very disappointing and if true I won't bother going.
I thought it was about giving something to the people out East.

AndrewP6
13-12-2014, 11:32 AM
That is very disappointing and if true I won't bother going.
I thought it was about giving something to the people out East.

Ditto. I enjoyed going to these, but won't be going across town if this goes ahead. Very disappointed.

Bulldog4life
13-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Ditto. I enjoyed going to these, but won't be going across town if this goes ahead. Very disappointed.

Same with me. I travel from Rosebud to the East West day but may as well wait for the Big Family Day at Whitten Oval. Seems like just another version of the main family day.

Smads57
13-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Without taking sides.....

Its important for the EWC to retain its relevance as a Supporter group representing the East/Sth East, and that events it organises (with the football club's permission) attract Bulldog supporters. A fall away in numbers may mean losing the option of running this event and the annual Legends and Young Guns Dinner at Mulgrave where players and football staff are also present.

It is the intention of the Committee to make the best of the changed venue decision, and determinedly make it worthwhile for EWC members to come along.

Can I suggest that supporters in the East/Sth East might like to see what the full offering is before making their final attendance decision.

Anything further I can learn about the day, I will post in this thread.

always right
13-12-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm willing to hear what the full proposal is before deciding whether to attend or not....but I can't imagine what would convince me to travel across town to the Whitten Oval for an East West family day. The big draw card was being able to get close to players without having to travel to the other side of the city and compete with a big crowd. Holding it at the Whitten a Oval would be a big step backwards and very short sighted. What's next.....young guns dinner at Maribyrnong?

boydogs
13-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Speaking as someone who has only seen a WB player once in the last 5 years, some of the whining on here sounds a bit precious

GVGjr
14-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Speaking as someone who has only seen a WB player once in the last 5 years, some of the whining on here sounds a bit precious

I get why people would be a bit disappointed and why they would want to keep the tradition going but we should wait until we hear something definitive.

Remi Moses
14-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Hmm 1st world problems here.
I don't get the angst

always right
14-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Hmm 1st world problems here.
I don't get the angst

Oh the irony. Someone using the "1st world problems" reference on a football forum.

soupman
14-12-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't think people are getting to angry or upset with it. I think there are valid concerns raised.

The key appeal of the East West day has been that it has brought the club out to the East for a day to recognise and interact with the Eastern based supporters. It's easier to get to for us, it's usually more casual and interactive than the proper family day and it surely isn't a particularly huge effort on the clubs behalf to drive over for the day.

I know the commute across the city for the eastern supporters isn't particularly huge, especially compared to country or interstate supporters. But these are the same supporters that do commute across the city to go to the regular family day, or training sessions, or VFL games at Whitten Oval, or Bulldogs shop sales, or club functions.

This is the only event where the club brings itself to us for us, so the idea that the club can't be bothered chucking the footies in the car and driving a bit further for one day is a little disappointing.

I'm happy to wait and see what they actually put in place, maybe they'll run buses across the city or something?

But surely the whole point of an East West day is to bring the West to the East, not just send out an email encouraging us to make the trek across the city again, because the club hasn't got a day to spare.

GVGjr
14-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Soupaman, we need to hear if this is a one off issue or if the club is backing away from the day. If its the latter, that would be disappointing.

Greystache
14-12-2014, 12:42 PM
I get why people would be a bit disappointed and why they would want to keep the tradition going but we should wait until we hear something definitive.

I was at training yesterday and heard one of the club's event staff talking to one of the EW group about how the event will work and showing her around the ground and highlighting what other groups do.

boydogs
14-12-2014, 02:42 PM
But surely the whole point of an East West day is to bring the West to the East, not just send out an email encouraging us to make the trek across the city again, because the club hasn't got a day to spare.

We're the Western Bulldogs, realistically if we're going to hit the road for a day it should be to Ballarat not Glen Waverley

soupman
14-12-2014, 03:35 PM
We're the Western Bulldogs, realistically if we're going to hit the road for a day it should be to Ballarat not Glen Waverley

Obviously. But would you hold your Ballarat family day at Whitten Oval?

I'm hopeful and optimistic that what they come up with is good, it just doesn't name a whole lot of sense to me if it's not in the East.

Eastdog
14-12-2014, 03:37 PM

I understand that point but I argue that for a smaller club like us we need broaden our appeal more and things like the East West Training day try and help with that. I'm sure we can do a Ballarat visit as well as one out to Glen Waverley.

KT31
15-12-2014, 10:21 AM

Don't have an issue with it, it is only one day out of a whole year and it gives an opportunity for kids who may not be able to make it over to the west to meet and spend a couple of minutes with the players.
If we get a few more members or life long fans then the day is a success.

Remi Moses
15-12-2014, 04:05 PM
We're located 10 minutes out of the city, so it's not exactly on Mars.
Saturday morning in January would mean no traffic, so it's pretty minor in the scheme of things.

always right
15-12-2014, 04:54 PM
We're located 10 minutes out of the city, so it's not exactly on Mars.
Saturday morning in January would mean no traffic, so it's pretty minor in the scheme of things.

Have you ever been to the East West day? Just curious.

Remi Moses
15-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Have you ever been to the East West day? Just curious.

No I havent . The point I'm making is that our ground is 10 minutes away from the city, and is it really that big a deal.

GVGjr
15-12-2014, 09:45 PM
No I havent . The point I'm making is that our ground is 10 minutes away from the city, and is it really that big a deal.

For a number of years it's been a hugely popular and supported event. You typically meet people that have traveled some distance to get there. The East West club have also done a superb job at organising and hosting the event. They also hold a Legends and Young Guns event at the Mugrave Country Club so have been very committed to the club and I think the East Meets West Day play a good role in the membership drive.

I think many people would believe it's worth fighting for

Remi Moses
15-12-2014, 09:54 PM
For a number of years it's been a hugely popular and supported event. You typically meet people that have traveled some distance to get there. The East West club have also done a superb job at organising and hosting the event. They also hold a Legends and Young Guns event at the Mugrave Country Club so have been very committed to the club and I think the East Meets West Day play a good role in the membership drive.

I think many people would believe it's worth fighting for

I get that, but if the club has an East West day at the Whitten oval what's the issue ?
Melbourne's pretty well connected these days so it's not such a long journey as it once was.
If people feel so strongly about it they should ask the club contact

GVGjr
15-12-2014, 10:18 PM
I get that, but if the club has an East West day at the Whitten oval what's the issue ?
Melbourne's pretty well connected these days so it's not such a long journey as it once was.

An extra 30 or 40 minutes each way might make the decision to travel that much harder for many. The tradition has been that the event is held in the Eastern Suburbs and it's played a good part in aligning the Eastern based supporters with the club.

As a side note, did you get to watch many games at the Whitten Oval this year?

Remi Moses
15-12-2014, 10:20 PM
I actually didn't see any mainly because I was in Europe for a part of the year.

AndrewP6
15-12-2014, 10:42 PM

The issue is that it's called "East-West" for a reason. It gives those of us who don't live ten minutes from the city a chance to see the players, coaches etc up close, without having to travel across town. There are a lot who support it. If it changes to WO, change the name of the event too.

bornadog
16-12-2014, 12:41 AM
If it is held at the Whitten Oval then to me its just another day, not East West day.

always right
16-12-2014, 01:10 AM

The reason I ask is because for me the distance is the lesser part of the attraction. It has been an event that allows you to get up close and personal with the players which is simply not possible at the main family day at the WO. It gives supporters in the east a unique experience which will be lost if it is held at the WO. If you attended one you might understand.

soupman
16-12-2014, 09:49 AM
If it is held at the Whitten Oval then to me its just another day, not East West day.

That's my biggest issue with it. If it's at Whitten Oval unless there is someone at the door checking peoples addresses to make sure they are from the East how is it an East-West day as opposed to just another family day?

LostDoggy
17-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I will be very disappointed if the East-West day isn't held at Wesley. I am always happy to go to the Whitten Oval but that's usually for games etc that start in the afternoon, I would love to be able to go to training but with the early starts its just too hard to get to from the Eastern Suburbs. I don't think the club is doing the right thing on this one.

GVGjr
23-12-2014, 03:09 AM
The East West Club tweeted the following

Pencil in Saturday 14th February for East Meets West Day. The Mighty Whitten Oval, from 9am-12-Midday. More details to follow

I'm sure there is good reasons for the change but I can imagine some will be disappointed.

Eastdog
23-12-2014, 04:22 AM
The East West Club tweeted the following

Pencil in Saturday 14th February for East Meets West Day. The Mighty Whitten Oval, from 9am-12-Midday. More details to follow

I'm sure there is good reasons for the change but I can imagine some will be disappointed.

Would be interesting to hear what the East West Club reason was to moving the location. The WO will be hosting the actual WB family day so to me it's funny that the East West Day will be held there as well. We really need to be holding the East West Day for our South Eastern/Eastern suburbs WB supporter base at Wesley College to give them an opportunity to see us in that area and to give us a bit of presence out that way.

Twodogs
23-12-2014, 07:29 AM
So they have effectively cancelled the East-West family day.

bornadog
23-12-2014, 09:26 AM
From East West Newsletter:

EAST MEETS WEST 2015 Saturday 14th February 2015

Due to the October events, the late start to training under Luke Beveridge and the early NAB Cup home match,
every formal training session is critical for the Bulldogs for our success in 2015 and the Club regrets that they are
unable to come to Wesley College in January.

To compensate, they have extended an invitation to EWC members,
families and friends to celebrate the return of the Bulldogs Senior Team to play at the Kennel and enjoy an “Inner
Sanctum Experience” – a conducted tour through the training facilities and the new Away Team rooms, new lights
etc.

EWC will have exclusive access to players on the day – probably the best chance our EWC families will have
all year for photos and autographs. Players will conduct the popular clinics for our junior supporters. It only took
me 40 minutes to drive to the Kennel last Saturday morning from Blackburn via the Eastern Fwy for the 8.30 am
training session.

Other friends had similar runs on the Monash Fwy/Westgate Bridge. While not as convenient as
Wesley College, let’s all make the pilgrimage to our spiritual home at the Whitten Oval to meet our exciting Young
Guns. New coach, new game plan, great New Year for the Bulldogs! Be part of it at EMW 2015!!

Event Schedule (TBC) :

9.00 am to 10.30 am Watch the full training session for all players
Inner Sanctum tours will be conducted during the training session.

10.30 am Skills clinics with players for EWC Junior members
and the usual EMW fun time for families to mingle with the team.

Hear the latest Bulldogs news from Club Officials.

Enjoy the EWC BBQ with our popular egg’n’bacon sandwiches and sausage sizzle.
Renew your EWC membership and enter the raffle for a “Match Day Experience” at Etihad Stadium

The Bulldogs Museum, Membership Office and Shop will be open
Barkers Café will be open

westdog54
23-12-2014, 10:09 AM
From East West Newsletter:

So it is EWC exclusive.

Probably not ideal but to the club's credit they are making an effort. At the end of the day preparing the senior team for the season must be the priority.

always right
23-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Not sure the delayed start is the real reason. We'll know the answer when they announce the location of the 2016 EW day.

AndrewP6
23-12-2014, 12:34 PM
An appalling decision. Just cancel the East-West Club now, it exists in name only. You get to see a full training session (apart from when your tour of the inner sanctum is taking place) And part of the sweetener is you get to see the new lights? Wow. If it wasn't so disappointing it would be laughable. Their excuse of needing every single session is nonsense. "We didn't do that well this year because we drove to Glen Waverley that day". They've really dropped the ball on this one.

bornadog
23-12-2014, 12:46 PM
An appalling decision. Just cancel the East-West Club now, it exists in name only. You get to see a full training session (apart from when your tour of the inner sanctum is taking place) And part of the sweetener is you get to see the new lights? Wow. If it wasn't so disappointing it would be laughable. Their excuse of needing every single session is nonsense. "We didn't do that well this year because we drove to Glen Waverley that day". They've really dropped the ball on this one.

I agree, one day training in the east isnot going to kill them.

Twodogs
23-12-2014, 01:41 PM
This is a real howler.

LostDoggy
23-12-2014, 01:52 PM

Agreed.

Also quite laughable they mention it's only a 40 minute drive to Whitten Oval, so everyone should make the trip! Goodness me...

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt until hearing the exact reason why they have decided to do this. Bizarre.

Eastdog
23-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Not sure the delayed start is the real reason. We'll know the answer when they announce the location of the 2016 EW day.

Hopefully it is just for 2015 and that the 2016 EW day will be back at Wesley College, Glen Waverley.

Eastdog
23-12-2014, 04:58 PM
From Blackburn to Whitten Oval it's about 28.6Km
From Werribee where where we have quite a lot of supporters to Whitten Oval 25km
From Melton to Whitten Oval it's well over 30Km away

But that's not the point. The East West Day was created to cater to the growing Bulldog support in the big Eastern Corridor.

GVGjr
23-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm treating it as a one off. I'm sure the East West Club will make it work.

Eastdog
23-12-2014, 07:47 PM

Im thinking that too as well GVGjr that this is a one off.

Doc26
23-12-2014, 09:27 PM
As someone who has attended this event each year with my children I am very disappointed with the Club's call on this.
Based on the reasons provided it seems very precious of them. Come on guys it's hardly a plane trip to Perth.

Nuggety Back Pocket
02-01-2015, 02:27 PM

A very poor decision and an insult to the East West committee who work so hard for our members in the Eastern suburbs. They deserve better.

GVGjr
02-01-2015, 02:39 PM
A very poor decision and an insult to the East West committee who work so hard for our members in the Eastern suburbs. They deserve better.

They do a great job and as you say have worked tirelessly to keep the East West group relevant to Eastern suburbs and close by supporters

I'm hopeful this is just a one off change of venue

Twodogs
02-01-2015, 03:19 PM
I hope it's a one off too. It would be farcical holding the East West event at Whitten Oval each year.

LostDoggy
08-01-2015, 09:35 AM
I just moved to the South East, which is what led me to this thread.

Im not sure how to join the East West Club but for the time being after hearing the family day is at Whitten Oval, I don't see the point.

bornadog
08-01-2015, 09:43 AM

Im not sure how to join the East West Club but for the time being after hearing the family day is at Whitten Oval, I don't see the point.

Big move Alex, you will find it different out there.

The East West Club is only $10 per household, so won't break the bank. They do have other functions, newsletters etc and you can download a form from here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/membership/supporter-groups)

LostDoggy
08-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Big move Alex, you will find it different out there.

The East West Club is only $10 per household, so won't break the bank. They do have other functions, newsletters etc and you can download a form from here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/membership/supporter-groups)

Thanks BAD.

Eastdog
08-01-2015, 03:08 PM

Congrats on the move alexxx - hope you enjoy your new home. We do have quite a good few woofers on here who live in the south east.

Smads57
08-01-2015, 09:09 PM
The annual membership cost per household for 2015 is $20 and $10 for concession cardholders. For an updated version of the joining form, email east-west@westernbulldogs.com.au

LostDoggy
10-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Congrats on the move alexxx - hope you enjoy your new home. We do have quite a good few woofers on here who live in the south east.

Another south east woofer!
Welcome aboard Alexxx ;)

Eastdog
10-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Another south east woofer!
Welcome aboard Alexxx ;)

I'm an east woofer myself but nonetheless great to see we have quite a few red white and blue on the other side of the town. I've said many times hopefully when success comes our way then the support all round will get better.

AndrewP6
14-01-2015, 10:59 PM
Saw on FB today a message from a guy from the East West club, he indicated that the day at WO is hopefully a once off, and they'll hopefully be back at Wesley in 2015.

LostDoggy
16-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Disappointing decision!

Eastdog
28-01-2015, 12:12 PM
So just to confirm:

The East West Day at WO will be on Feb 14. What time is that again?

And the bigger family day at WO on Mar 7 combined with an intra club match between our seniors and reserves.

WBFC4FFC
28-01-2015, 05:26 PM
But makes more sense now given the club will be on a Training Camp on the Sunshine Coast for a week and a half.

bornadog
28-01-2015, 05:29 PM
But makes more sense now given the club will be on a Training Camp on the Sunshine Coast for a week and a half.

One day in the East will not kill any one.

WBFC4FFC
28-01-2015, 06:09 PM
I know what you are saying but if you go on the club's website and see the Interview with the Coach, you can hear he has certain ways he wants to prepare the players. Given his relatively late appointment to the role, he believes he needs all the time he can get to prepare the players to apply the game plan properly.

AndrewP6
28-01-2015, 10:25 PM
I know what you are saying but if you go on the club's website and see the Interview with the Coach, you can hear he has certain ways he wants to prepare the players. Given his relatively late appointment to the role, he believes he needs all the time he can get to prepare the players to apply the game plan properly.

As previously stated, one day in the East will not kill anyone. If one day is that much of a disruption to what he's trying to do, he's doing it wrong.

bornadog
28-01-2015, 11:22 PM

Why not prepare the team in the East.

Eastdog
29-01-2015, 02:04 PM
2015 East Meets West Day

We’re inviting you over to the West for the morning. The annual East Meets West event is fast approaching and will be held on Saturday, 14 February at the Club’s spiritual home, Victoria University Whitten Oval, West Footscray. This event gives fans a great opportunity to get right up close to your Bulldogs heroes, get some autographs and photos. Bring along the kids as there will be a FREE mini kids clinic where they can learn some skills from their favourite players. This year with the day being held at VU Whitten Oval, you will also have the rare opportunity of an exclusive, inner sanctum tour of our state of the art facilities here at the Kennel. With Season 2015 fast approaching, our membership team will be there to assist you with any membership needs. The Bulldogs Shop will also be open with the latest range of ‘BLK’ merchandise so you can get kitted up with the new logo and show your support at every Bulldogs match. The East West Club will launch their new season with a BBQ and will also be based in the membership tent to process all East West Club memberships. Entry will be a gold coin donation and there will be plenty of parking available. Details of the event are as follows:

Date: Saturday, 14 February 2015 Time: 8.30 – 12 midday (Junior clinics commence at 11:00am) Venue: Whitten Oval, West Footscray - See more at: http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/east-meets-west-day#sthash.SHy5IJAD.dpuf

Eastdog
09-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Saturday forecast 35 degrees max and partly cloudy. Even though its in the morning I reckon I may as well give this one a miss and probably go to the main family day at Whitten Oval in early March where its more likely to be cooler.

Bulldog4life
09-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Saturday forecast 35 degrees max and partly cloudy. Even though its in the morning I reckon I may as well give this one a miss and probably go to the main family day at Whitten Oval in early March where its more likely to be cooler.

I wouldn't count on that East man.

GVGjr
09-02-2015, 08:02 PM

I wouldn't count on that East man.

It looks to me like Summer is running a few weeks late. I wouldn't count on a mild March just yet.

Eastdog
10-02-2015, 08:13 PM
It looks to me like Summer is running a few weeks late. I wouldn't count on a mild March just yet.

Yeah fair point GVG. It can still be quite hot around early March when my birthday is and not until after mid March that it starts to cool down. This summer compared to many years we have been fortunate not having too many days over 40 degrees.

GVGjr
13-02-2015, 07:14 PM
You have no excuse now Easty. It will be under 30 tomorrow.

#EastyToTheEastyWestDay

Eastdog
13-02-2015, 07:44 PM
You have no excuse now Easty. It will be under 30 tomorrow.

#EastyToTheEastyWestDay

Nah I think I'll wait for the main family day now GVG.

Eastdog
13-02-2015, 07:59 PM
For those that do go would love to hear how it went. Cheers :)

Smads57
13-02-2015, 08:47 PM
I'll be there so will lodge a quick update Easty.
The football club has issued the EW Committee with some contingencies for the potential inclement weather e.g. player autographs in the EJ Whitten Stand for the kids versus along the boundary line.
(Not surprisingly, over the years the EW Committee has held its collective breath when it comes the the weather forecast for EMW Day!)

#EastyToTheEastyWestDay

Eastdog
13-02-2015, 08:56 PM
I'll be there so will lodge a quick update Easty.
The football club has issued the EW Committee with some contingencies for the potential inclement weather e.g. player autographs in the EJ Whitten Stand for the kids versus along the boundary line.
(Not surprisingly, over the years the EW Committee has held its collective breath when it comes the the weather forecast for EMW Day!)

#EastyToTheEastyWestDay

Cheers Smads57 that would be good.

GVGjr
14-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Not great conditions but a good day. The players were on the ground early doing their drills and I think our skill level is looking good.
The East West club does a good job on the day and should be congratulated.

GVGjr
14-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Had a good look at some of our youngsters today and I was impressed by their kicking skills. Hamilton uses the ball so well and has an easy kicking style. Goodes and Kelly from our rookie list also looked sharp.

I wonder if the attacking way we are training will mean we will get caught out a bit more if we turn it over but the theme has been the same in most sessions I have seen and revolves around keeping the ball moving quickly and making good decisions.

Smads57
14-02-2015, 08:25 PM
The link below to the East-West Club Facebook page with photos from today's event, best illustrate today's event.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1040920002601121&id=294905683869227

There are also pictures on their Twitter feed today (see @eastwestclubinc)

GVGjr
14-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Saw Steve and Josh Wallis there nice and early.

bulldogtragic
14-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Saw Steve and Josh Wallis there nice and early.

Josh wearing any polo top to indicate where he's playing next year?

GVGjr
14-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Josh wearing any polo top to indicate where he's playing next year?

No but he looked very fit and tanned.

bulldogtragic
14-02-2015, 09:38 PM
No but he looked very fit and tanned.

Great to see he & Super supporting the club despite not being nominated for a father son last year. Classy.

azabob
14-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Great to see he & Super supporting the club despite not being nominated for a father son last year. Classy.

Super?

bulldogtragic
14-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Super?

Brain fart... My bad. Steve.

Super and Darcy are up for nomination (or not) this year.

boydogs
14-02-2015, 11:52 PM
So they're back in the East next season

I'm jealous of the tour though!

http://puu.sh/fU0pF/a82f39292b.png

Eastdog
18-02-2015, 05:00 PM
So they're back in the East next season

I'm jealous of the tour though!

http://puu.sh/fU0pF/a82f39292b.png

Good to hear. Very important we keep coming out to the east each year for our supporters out this way and to promote the club.