Scott Selwood
More By Nick Bowen

bulldogtragic
20-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Any interest?
How many truly gettable of quality?

lemmon
20-12-2014, 12:46 PM
A few on this list have recently signed contracts. I know Cotchin, Walker, Gray and Jones have been tied up recently from memory.

Throughandthrough
20-12-2014, 01:41 PM
I can't see Dangerfield remaining at the Crows next year. Personally I rate Sloane as a better player. And Taylor Walker has re-signed.

bulldogtragic
20-12-2014, 02:15 PM
I've always liked what Tarrant could be. If Roughy stays back he could be a good addition allowing Stringer & Crameri to rotate through the midfield. Johnson is the only tall defenders it seems. Could we target a Kruezer type and hope to get him fit and in form?

Our budget rules out of any Dangerfield type trades I might guess.

chef
20-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Rance would be a great get for us.

Maddog37
20-12-2014, 08:41 PM
If Dangerfield gets heaps of cash, I wonder if Douglas would be getable?

F'scary
21-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Rance would be a great get for us.

There are a lot of top players in that list but, yeah, Rance would solve a major problem for us.

bornadog
18-02-2015, 04:50 PM
UPDATE ......................link here (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-free-agency-the-players-at-your-club-up-for-grabs-at-the-end-of-the-season/story-fni5f22o-1227224009484)

ADELAIDE

Patrick Dangerfield
Richard Douglas
Andy Otten
Brent Reilly
Scott Thompson
Brodie Martin

All eyes are on Dangerfield and for good reason. The gun midfielder hasn’t verbally committed to the Crows and his hometown team, Geelong, are preparing a massive offer. It doesn’t get any better for Adelaide with Rory Sloane out of contract but one-year short of free agency. Douglas, Reilly and Thompson are all Crows through and through but rival clubs could be interested in Martin despite him being a native South Australian.

BRISBANE LIONS

Jed Adcock
Matthew Leuenberger

Tap ruckmen entering their prime and standing 203cm tall are rare commodities in the AFL and clubs will undoubtedly be looking at Leuenberger, despite his history of injury. The Lions have put a lot of time and been patient with the former No.4 draft pick and would be desperate to keep him. Former captain Adcock is going nowhere.

CARLTON

Dennis Armfield
Andrew Carrazzo
David Ellard
Matthew Kreuzer
Chris Judd

With yet another stint on the sidelines, Kreuzer must be looking at former teammate and 2014 All Australian Sam Jacobs and thinking “what if”. He’s at the peak of his powers and could well do with a fresh start after 106 games in seven seasons. The Blues would hate to see the former No.1 pick leave despite having Robbie Warnock and Cam Wood as back-up. Judd and Carrazzo are approaching the end while Ellard and Armfield are fringe players.

COLLINGWOOD

Brent Macaffer
Not going anywhere.

ESSENDON

Courtenay Dempsey
Brent Stanton
Tom Bellchambers
Dustin Fletcher
Tayte Pears
Jason Winderlich

Suspect a few teams looking for an experienced and versatile big man would have Bellchambers firmly in their sights. Dempsey is another who would attract attention for his speed and creativity, while Pears, a popular name during the October trade period, will be linked to rival clubs should the Bombers not slide an extension across his table. Stanton could also be swayed by a premiership contender should an offer be forthcoming.

FREMANTLE

Ryan Crowley

Paul Duffield
Michael Johnson
Luke McPharlin
Matthew Pavlich
Aaron Sandilands

Nothing to see here. Crowley could decide to move but only if a club firmly believes they’re a tagger short of the flag. McPharlin expected to retire at the end of the season while Johnson and Pavlich probably aren’t far behind him.

GEELONG

Jimmy Bartel
Corey Enright
Tom Hawkins
James Kelly
Steve Johnson
Andrew Mackie
Dawson Simpson
Mathew Stokes

Dad’s Army? Enright and Kelly would be close to odds-on to retire at the end of the season, while Mackie and Bartel are not getting any younger. GWS made a play at Johnson last year, and we suspect they’ll come back for seconds. The Cats would be keen to stitch up Stokes early and pave the way for their Dangerfield play. Hawkins ... surely not?!

HAWTHORN

Luke Hodge
Sam Mitchell
Matthew Suckling
Brendan Whitecross

Clubs would be mad not to have a crack at Suckling given his skills off half back but given the Hawks’ commitment to the defender over the years would need a big offer to snare him. Whitecross has had two knee reconstructions but could still get some interest if he’s after a fresh start. Hodge and Mitchell obviously aren’t going anywhere.

MELBOURNE

Colin Garland
Mark Jamar

Garland might attract attention from contenders looking to bolster their defensive stocks and has shown in the past he can hold down a key post. However, Jamar, at 31, has missed the transfer boat despite being a former All Australian.

NORTH MELBOURNE

Michael Firrito
Nathan Grima
Brent Harvey
Scott McMahon
Drew Petrie
Robbie Tarrant

Tarrant stands out as a vulnerable Kangaroo with the key forward-turned-defender fit and in position to stamp himself on the competition after being cruelled by four shoulder reconstructions. Albeit unlikely, expect rival clubs to at the very least sound out Grima, set to miss 12-14 weeks after more surgery on his back, should he be looking for a fresh start. Hard to see McMahon finding a new home through free agency, while Harvey, Petrie and Firrito will finish one-club players.

PORT ADELAIDE

Kane Cornes
Tom Logan (rookie)

In the words of South Park’s Officer Barbrady “nothing to see here, move along”. Cornes will retire before he moves clubs and remains a key part in the Power’s midfield rotation. Logan will get plenty of attention from SANFL clubs but not from the AFL.

RICHMOND

Nathan Foley
Chris Newman
Alex Rance

With Trent Cotchin locked away on a five-year deal and Dustin Martin signed until 2017, all attention turns to keeping Alex Rance. The WA native will no doubt attract the attention of Fremantle, desperate for a key defender to replace Luke McPharlin. The Dockers have cash to spend but Rance has strong ties at Punt Rd and it would be a surprise if he packed his bags. This is probably Newman’s final season and Foley is unlikely to attract interest from rival clubs.

ST KILDA

Sean Dempster
Sam Fisher
Sam Gilbert
Jack Steven
Adam Schneider (rookie)

Jack Steven has the alarm bells ringing loud and clear at Seaford. A rising gun midfielder about to enter his prime at age 24 would be a great addition to most teams and could be a back-up plan for everyone who misses out on Dangerfield. The other names on the list are a lot closer to the end of their careers than the start but Fisher could appeal as a Brian Lake-style backman who can offer a premiership contender finals experience and All-Australian credentials.

SYDNEY SWANS

Adam Goodes
Heath Grundy
Ted Richards

The bigger issue is whether the AFL allows them to sign free agents. Either way, Sydney is a destination club at the moment and won’t be too concerned about losing free agents, especially dyed in the wool veterans such as Goodes, Grundy and Richards.

WEST COAST

Sam Butler
Patrick McGinnity
Scott Selwood
Beau Waters

Selwood is the key name here. The tough midfielder and vice-captain has put contract talks on hold as he recovers from injury and the Eagles are happy with that. Geelong could be interested if they want to unite Scott with Joel. Butler and McGinnity are fringe players but are important for the club’s midfield depth while Waters - as good a player as he can be - has more important things to worry about, namely his injury-riddled body.

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Matthew Boyd
Jarrad Grant
Dale Morris
Robert Murphy
Easton Wood

After losing Shaun Higgins last year, there’s not much to worry about here for the Bulldogs. Boyd, Morris and Murphy are all coming towards the end of their careers and will either re-sign or retire. Jarrad Grant could be seen as a reclamation project by some teams but hasn’t shown enough as a former No.5 draft pick. The club would be disappointed to lose Wood - a speedy rebounding defender - but have the depth to cover him.

Greystache
18-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Not a lot on that list that's overly appealing. Dangerfield aside, it's pretty much Rance or an average/fringe player.

The good news for us is there's no one we'll be concerned about losing this year.

boydogs
18-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Not a lot on that list that's overly appealing. Dangerfield aside, it's pretty much Rance or an average/fringe player.

The good news for us is there's no one we'll be concerned about losing this year.

Wood would be the biggest concern. Murphy & Morris don't have long left and we don't have another 3rd tall defender that can rebound. If Grant leaves we have other athletic tallish forwards

KT31
19-02-2015, 12:20 AM
For what its worth I have heard Wood loves it at the club, but I'm sure Ward did until his $%^#ing huge cheque was thrown on the table.

Greystache
19-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Wood would be the biggest concern. Murphy & Morris don't have long left and we don't have another 3rd tall defender that can rebound. If Grant leaves we have other athletic tallish forwards

Wood's played 60 games in 7 years and still doesn't really have a role. He was the most beaten one on one defender in the AFL last season and offers very little rebound. He looked like he was going to be a player but hasn't kicked on.

1eyedog
19-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Jack Steven would make an excellent Griffon replacement. Pity he's a dick and can't kick (but so was and neither could Griffon).

KT31
19-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Jack Steven would make an excellent Griffon replacement. Pity he's a dick and can't kick (but so was and neither could Griffon).

So, same same but different.;)

Happy Days
19-02-2015, 11:47 AM

The Andrew Swallow model of "superstar"; when everyone sucks but you suck the least.

bulldogtragic
05-04-2015, 05:14 PM
The idea the WBFC could get a star FA signing like Dangerfield was not really realistic. But if we can win and play an exciting brand with a future forward line of guns, could we pitch hard to Dangerfield? We have no concerns with long contracts and if the scuttlebutt of Geelong landing him is true, the salary can't be as enormous as the open market value.

An exciting brand, an exciting future and some wins this year might just give us a good chance to be a contender to get some free agents coming into the club.

Maddog37
05-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I would wait another year or two before topping up.

azabob
05-04-2015, 05:20 PM
The idea the WBFC could get a star FA signing like Dangerfield was not really realistic. But if we can win and play an exciting brand with a future forward line of guns, could we pitch hard to Dangerfield? We have no concerns with long contracts and if the scuttlebutt of Geelong landing him is true, the salary can't be as enormous as the open market value.

An exciting brand, an exciting future and some wins this year might just give us a good chance to be a contender to get some free agents coming into the club.

Honestly BT, I think we should put the FA cue in the rack.

We have paid big money for Tom Boyd and we realistically need to start planning for what we are going to offer Bontempelli, Stringer, Liberatore, Dahlhaus, MaCrae and I am sure there are some I have forgotten.

bulldogtragic
05-04-2015, 05:32 PM
Honestly BT, I think we should put the FA cue in the rack.

We have paid big money for Tom Boyd and we realistically need to start planning for what we are going to offer Bontempelli, Stringer, Liberatore, Dahlhaus, MaCrae and I am sure there are some I have forgotten.

There's different levels of FA salary though. I would still look at Rance if the offer was good.

We are minimum cap which is about $450,000 per year under, plus the cap increases annually. So I'm not too concerned just yet, plus our older players who might have two years left are well paid, and Minno and some others might need to have a slight pay reduction. Everyone likes winning (Lake, Frawley etc), if we are winning we may get some player manager interest.

Greystache
05-04-2015, 08:11 PM
At the risk of being shot down I wouldn't bother chasing Dangerfield, he's a good player but his reputation is better than his output. He plays mostly inside (not as well as Libba) and doesn't do enough on the outside. For what he'd cost we could spend the money better.

My preferred next FA target would still be a gun key defender with pace or a lockdown small defender. They'd cost less too.

Appreciate you're not saying we should only be chasing Dangerfield btw BT

bulldogtragic
05-04-2015, 08:17 PM
At the risk of being shot down I wouldn't bother chasing Dangerfield, he's a good player but his reputation is better than his output. He plays mostly inside (not as well as Libba) and doesn't do enough on the outside. For what he'd cost we could spend the money better.

My preferred next FA target would still be a gun key defender with pace or a lockdown small defender. They'd cost less too.

I could never shoot you down, let you down or desert you Rick.

Rance is the interest realistically, I'm sure Adelaide will throw everything and sign him. But it's interesting to hope when we offer B grade players $550,000 a year, they will say yes (ie Lonergan). Or better yet, we offer to better players and lesser coin. Apart from hoping Richmond have a poor year for normal reasons, I hope we can offer Rance a better view of potential success. Then I think it's topping up with players wanting a flag (Rivers, Lake, Frawley etc) who will take unders to have the chance.

GVGjr
05-04-2015, 08:33 PM

We need someone with experience though as our age and experience profile is going to take a hit in the coming seasons. We have just 5 players with 100 games of experience and only Crameri has a chance of getting there this year providing he plays 21 games.
It's very hard to challenge for the 8 with a list like we have so I think we need to position ourselves for an experienced player.

He would be a very hard player for us to land but we are almost obligated to test the waters with him.
While I tend to agree that a key position defender should be a priority finding one will be difficult.

Doc26
05-04-2015, 11:43 PM

Might not be as difficult as we think.
Just tweeted by the man himself.

@Dangerfield32

#TheBont is my new favorite but my all time is #Pav must be the snozz #theycanplay

And with the surety that Danger won't be attracting the primary tag each week :D

The Bulldogs Bite
06-04-2015, 12:53 AM
We absolutely should be all over Dangerfield.

He's an elite player in the midfield and up forward - imagine him next to the likes of Bont, Libba, Macrae, Stringer etc.

We should be able to draft/trade/sign a lock down small defender cheaply, whilst finding a key back is the other piece of the puzzle, but if we had an opportunity to get Dangerfield we'd be crazy not to go after it.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-04-2015, 12:55 AM

I understand what you are saying, but he played injured last season. The year before that he came second or third in the Brownlow didn't he? Played a blinder today v Norf and more outside to utilize his pace/skill.

He would suit our versatile dynamics perfectly (Bont, Stringer, Macrae, Danger, Jong, Stevens are all big mids to compliment Dahl, Honey, Hrovat, Hunter, JJ).

1eyedog
06-04-2015, 09:01 AM

He's a gun no doubt and one of the best 5 players in the comp and far better than just a good player. We should look at him and express our interest to his manager (which I'm sure JMac has already done and likely most clubs have done as well) but we can't sell the farm for him and that's where our problem lies because a few clubs can and will.

bulldogtragic
06-04-2015, 09:58 AM
It's about the money. My guess is Picken, Boyd, Murphy & Morris are on combined $1.6m a year. Assuming about 400,000 each. If two retire at years end that's leaves say $800,000. New recruits might be $200,000. So left over is $600,000. The extra cap is $450,000. If Minno took a small pay cut, delistings, we might have around $1,400,000 with cap increase too.

So it depends on how Boyds salary is to be structured and if Wood leaves as a free agent. But we could have $800,000 if we really wanted to go FA hunting. I think the key to winning FAs now is contract length (Buddy 11, *Boyd 7, Walker 6 etc). A 5 or 6 year offer at $800,000 is a serious offer. If we can keep showing signs of being a genuine contender in the not too distant future, then we can at least choose what we want to do.

Topdog
06-04-2015, 01:04 PM
We need someone with experience though as our age and experience profile is going to take a hit in the coming seasons. We have just 5 players with 100 games of experience and only Crameri has a chance of getting there this year providing he plays 21 games.
It's very hard to challenge for the 8 with a list like we have so I think we need to position ourselves for an experienced player.

He would be a very hard player for us to land but we are almost obligated to test the waters with him.
While I tend to agree that a key position defender should be a priority finding one will be difficult.

Was going to reply that it shouldnt be much of an issue next year as we would have a heap in the 80's and 90's by then but its worse than I first thought.

GVGjr
06-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Was going to reply that it shouldnt be much of an issue next year as we would have a heap in the 80's and 90's by then but its worse than I first thought.

Hawthorn had something like 10 players that had played more than 100 games of football today plus they had 4 or 5 around the 80 game mark that should get to 100 games by the end of the season. A lot of their boys at this level of experience didn't start as Hawks players either which is an indication of how well they build their list.
Our experience profile is of course vastly different which is why I think we need to look at free agents that could help us in that area.

Mofra
07-04-2015, 06:03 PM
I have to admit at the start of pre-season I was really hoping we'd target a tall backman free agent this year, but the more I think about it the more I want us to leave FA alone.

Yes we'll front-load Boyd's contract next year and have signed up our future A graders to 1-2 contract extensions beyond their AFL mandated 2 year contracts, but then what?
Bonti has surpassed all expectations and is practically our marquee player at age 19. He just beat a tag on the weekend through sheer workrate (10 tackles!) and is already being compared with Pendles. He will be on huge money.

Libba when fit is elite. Stringer & Macrae will command big dollars, and this year we are likely to obtain a high draft pick which, considering Dalrymple's last few drafts, is likely to be a gun.

We may end up with 6+ A graders on our list plus a range of better than average players who will soak up the cap in time.

boydogs
07-04-2015, 10:15 PM
I have to admit at the start of pre-season I was really hoping we'd target a tall backman free agent this year, but the more I think about it the more I want us to leave FA alone.

We've been back and forth on KPD's a few times, but does the fact Joel Hamling can't get a game, let alone Fletcher Roberts, change your view?

westdog54
07-04-2015, 11:51 PM
We've been back and forth on KPD's a few times, but does the fact Joel Hamling can't get a game, let alone Fletcher Roberts, change your view?

To me if says that our KPD stocks might be stronger than we've given credit for.

If also says that the season is only one round old.

boydogs
08-04-2015, 02:58 AM
To me if says that our KPD stocks might be stronger than we've given credit for.

If also says that the season is only one round old.

True. Though no-one has Hamling as an in this week in the selection thread so that's 2 weeks. He and Roberts might need to work on their forward craft and challenge Redpath for a spot in the side

Remi Moses
08-04-2015, 03:26 AM

Yes we'll front-load Boyd's contract next year and have signed up our future A graders to 1-2 contract extensions beyond their AFL mandated 2 year contracts, but then what?
Bonti has surpassed all expectations and is practically our marquee player at age 19. He just beat a tag on the weekend through sheer workrate (10 tackles!) and is already being compared with Pendles. He will be on huge money.

Libba when fit is elite. Stringer & Macrae will command big dollars, and this year we are likely to obtain a high draft pick which, considering Dalrymple's last few drafts, is likely to be a gun.

We may end up with 6+ A graders on our list plus a range of better than average players who will soak up the cap in time.

My thinking as well . We've got some high class young talent that should be well remunerated, and we could run into some issues down the track.
One for the bean counters, but if I were Patrick Dangerfield we'd be a better option on field wise than Geelong

Mofra
08-04-2015, 11:01 AM
The fact that a skinny slow developer and a guy with an interrupted pre-season who hasn't managed a full year of senior football at any level yet hasn't played is not surprising at all.

Given the size of forwardline I do believe teams will need three legitimate KPD sized players as part of the back 6. Morris still fights above his height even with Roughy & Talia back there and there is no obvious replacement.

Sedat
08-04-2015, 12:52 PM

I would throw the king's ransom at Daniel Talia in 2017 (assuming he is out of contract at the end of 2016). Otherwise happy to keep the current list growing and developing in 2015 and 2016 as we are realistically not going to be a top 4/premiership threat. Dangerfield is a (very, very) nice cherry on top, but someone like Daniel Talia is the solid frame on the best house imaginable.

Sedat
09-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Just exploring the Dangerfield situation in more detail. When Chris Judd left West Coke at the end of 2007 he was every bit as damaging and brilliant a burst midfielder as Dangerfield is right now - similar age at the time as well if I'm not mistaken. He wasn't a FA as such but his addition to Carlton has not resulted in much on-field success for them at all, and he has maintained a high standard of play during his time at Carlton. Judd did come to Carlton a little banged up and has had to adjust his role (more inside, less outside) to suit - I would suggest with the kamikaze way that Dangerfield goes about his footy, he will follow a very similar path to Judd later in his career. For that reason I would be reluctant to enter the bidding frenzy that will accompany Dangerfield at the end of this season.

Happy Days
09-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Just exploring the Dangerfield situation in more detail. When Chris Judd left West Coke at the end of 2007 he was every bit as damaging and brilliant a burst midfielder as Dangerfield is right now - similar age at the time as well if I'm not mistaken. He wasn't a FA as such but his addition to Carlton has not resulted in much on-field success for them at all, and he has maintained a high standard of play during his time at Carlton. Judd did come to Carlton a little banged up and has had to adjust his role (more inside, less outside) to suit - I would suggest with the kamikaze way that Dangerfield goes about his footy, he will follow a very similar path to Judd later in his career. For that reason I would be reluctant to enter the bidding frenzy that will accompany Dangerfield at the end of this season.

Dangerfield has a lot more tread on his tyres than post-WCE Judd, but I agree that he just isn't worth it from a cost-benefit perspective.

It's almost like picking a Supercoach side in a way; by not tying up $700k in Ablett, you can spread the love to areas that need it more.

chef
09-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Judds groin was screwed though, plus the blues paid way over what he was worth.

bornadog
09-04-2015, 03:05 PM
I would love Dangerfield at the club. I think he is explosive, exciting and can be anything.

Axe Man
10-04-2015, 04:13 PM
I would love to steal a Suns player as payback for Harbrow. Would we have any interest in one of these talls at the end of 2016? Smith as a Minson replacement, Dixon as a Forward/Ruck or Thompson as another big key back alongside Roughy?

Suns knocking on free agency door (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-10/suns-knocking-on-free-agency-door)

GOLD Coast talls Charlie Dixon, Rory Thompson and Zac Smith could become free agents at the end of next season after just six years in the AFL, while teammate Danny Stanley could become eligible after seven years' senior service at his second club.

Given free agency's minimum eligibility period is eight years and Gold Coast did not enter the competition until 2011, no other Suns will qualify until 2018 at the earliest.

However, AFL.com.au understands Dixon, Thompson and Smith will be deemed to have completed eight years at the Suns if they play there to the end of next season because they were eligible for the 2008 national draft but bypassed it to sign with Gold Coast.

Knowing that the Suns would only field a TAC Cup team in 2009 and a VFL team in 2010, the three Queenslanders were effectively putting their AFL careers on hold for two years.

But those two years' service outside the AFL will count towards the trio's free agency eligibility.

Former Magpie Stanley also played in the Suns' VFL team in 2010 after Gold Coast took him in the rookie draft at the end of 2009, with that year's service making him eligible for free agency in 2017 if he remains at the Suns.

Dixon, Thompson and Smith were among the first players to sign with Gold Coast as part of the club's initial local concession picks, at a time when the Suns were still bidding for an AFL licence.

Fellow Queenslander Dayne Beams was also heavily courted by the Suns in 2008, but opted to nominate for the draft and was selected by Collingwood at pick No.29.

In his first two seasons, Beams played 43 games and was a member of the Magpies' 2010 premiership team.

Dixon, Thompson and Smith had to wait until 2011 to make their AFL debuts.

All three foundation Suns are contracted to the end of this season, so could bypass free agency next year by re-signing with the club beyond 2016 or moving to a rival club.

However, they will become eligible if they sign one-year contract extensions this year.

Stanley is contracted at the Suns to the end of 2016 and would join the 2017 free agency pool if he signs a one-year extension.

Six other current Suns played in the club's 2010 VFL team but that year will not count towards their free agency service.

Five of those players – Brandon Matera, Trent McKenzie, Tom Nicholls, Matt Shaw and Luke Russell – were among the 17-year-old concession picks the Suns took ahead of the 2010 draft.

The other, David Swallow, would become the No.1 pick later that year but was given AFL permission to play for the Suns in the VFL ahead of the draft.

Given the 2010 draft was the first that all six players were eligible to enter, their Gold Coast careers are deemed to start from that time for free agency purposes.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 04:29 PM
I'd take any of the above. The salaries might not be too excessive, and at no draft pick or player costs. For sure.

If the Suns think they might go out the door for free agency draft picks (which will stall their development), they may be motivated to trade at year's end. They have a good coach who was always fair in trading and might like to have Minno or his others favourites back with him again...

The Bulldogs Bite
10-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Thompson would be a good get.

Maddog37
10-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Thompson would be a good get.

He is a poor kick......

jazzadogs
10-04-2015, 05:18 PM
I'd like Thompson, Dixon, Smith in that order.

Not strictly a free agent, but any interest in James Aish? Personally I don't think he fits our needs profile, particularly given how much Brisbane would be likely to want for him. Robbo has been reporting that he is very unlikely to stay beyond the end of this year.

Axe Man
10-04-2015, 06:21 PM
I'd like Thompson, Dixon, Smith in that order.

Not strictly a free agent, but any interest in James Aish? Personally I don't think he fits our needs profile, particularly given how much Brisbane would be likely to want for him. Robbo has been reporting that he is very unlikely to stay beyond the end of this year.

If Aish leaves surely he goes back home to Adelaide. If they lose Dangerfield then they will have a bucketload of cash to throw at Aish or whoever else they fancy.