PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned: 2014 Season

bulldogtragic
22-12-2014, 11:19 PM
This is the season wrap up of the three things I've learned for season 2014. Nothing wrong with criticism if it's constructive. But it's capped to three, you decide if they are positives or negatives or both.

bulldogtragic
22-12-2014, 11:34 PM
1. In the devastating departure of RG ashes rose the Phoenix of Tom Boyd. I've learned if you hope hard enough dreams of catching a quality KPF in a trade can come true.

2. We are a fair way off, but on raw potential, I'd be buying ours stocks now.

3. Despite some very poor onfield and off field stuff. Ive learned and relearned joys and heritage of the FFC/WBFC with the QF at WO, a winning pre-lim and the rocking premiership win. And go into another pre season with optimism as we must and a NAB game home too.

Remi Moses
23-12-2014, 01:16 AM
1. October shall now be called " shocktober"
2. Ryan Griffin is a liar
3. One step back five steps forward

bornadog
23-12-2014, 09:33 AM
1. In hindsight, Macca should never have been made head coach, or at least not without a senior overseeing him.

2. Peter Gordon is still ruthless when it comes to coaches.

3. we have a long way to go with 10 players and over 800 games of experience out the door.

LostDoggy
23-12-2014, 10:10 AM
1 - We have 2, possibly 3 future elite players in the compeition, I'm talking top 5/10 players in the comp elite. Bonti, Stringer and possibly Macrae if he keeps the rapid improvement.

2 - Griffin can go and get...

3 - Have I mentioned Bonti yet? If not, Bonti.

Daughter of the West
23-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I probably already knew these, but they were reinforced this year.

1. I invest a huge amount of emotion (some would argue far too much) into my football. I felt like I was grieving for a dead relative when the captain and coach departed within days of each other.

2. Woof is, for the most part, a bastion of sanity in tough times. I don't know how I would have made it through Shocktober without all the discussion here.

3. You always need hope. Thank God for the likes of Stringer, Bonti, Macrae and the FFC premiership.

Jeanette54
23-12-2014, 11:22 AM
1. Never give up hope. I never, ever thought I would see Footscray win a premiership, but somehow against all logic, it finally happened in 2014.

2. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. Who could have seen Shocktober coming. (And while we are at that, the official Western Bulldog website is the last place one can go to if you want the real stuff. Woof.net.au is the place to go for the real news, once you sort it from the wild rumours).

3. There are plenty of old fashioned real bulldogs left in this world. I don't think you could "Be more Bulldog" than some of the posters on this site.

GVGjr
23-12-2014, 07:15 PM
1) Players aren't as loyal as they once were. Too easy to walk away when the chips are down or it becomes a bit hard.
2) We have some exciting young talent on the list which is complimented by a superb VFL set-up.
3) 2015 is all about player development and positioning ourselves for 2016.

F'scary
23-12-2014, 08:13 PM
1) You can't trust anyone. Thanks for destroying my faith in humanity, Grifter.
2) Just how much we were disadvantaged by not having our own VFL side.
3) Koby Stevens is a better player than I thought.

Twodogs
23-12-2014, 08:27 PM
1. Making a Grand Final and winning a flag is an even better feeling than I thought it would be. Now bring on the main meal.
2. Our list management guys are either the luckiest or best prepared guys in the world.
3. Your own reserves team is much better than an alignment with another club.