PDA

View Full Version : Physical development of the playing group

GVGjr
27-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Having a look at AFL.com.au I noticed the physical development of Carltons Marc Murphy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5bhQz5CYAErq-R.jpg:small

He's been in the system for a number of years now and is obviously benefiting from another pre-season. When you look at some of the Port boys like Boak and Hartlett you can see the way they have added a lot of muscle.

Which players on the Bulldogs list needs the most work or which player is likely to start the 2015 season with a vastly improved physical presence?

We have a young list but other than Bontempelli from the little I have seen of training I'm note sure which players are likely to add a significant amount of size in the off season.

boydogs
27-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Talia & Bonts seem to be coming along well. Grant & Roughead have work to do, Libba & Stringer could be bigger too

always right
27-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Talia & Bonts seem to be coming along well. Grant & Roughead have work to do, Libba & Stringer could be bigger too
Grant simply won't get any bigger....he doesn't have the frame. Stringer has actually lost weight since being drafted to get fitter but still retains his strength. If we want him to spend some time in the midfield we don't want him to put on too much size.

bulldogtragic
27-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Having a look at AFL.com.au I noticed the physical development of Carltons Marc Murphy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5bhQz5CYAErq-R.jpg:small

He's been in the system for a number of years now and is obviously benefiting from another pre-season. When you look at some of the Port boys like Boak and Hartlett you can see the way they have added a lot of muscle.

Which players on the Bulldogs list needs the most work or which player is likely to start the 2015 season with a vastly improved physical presence?

We have a young list but other than Bontempelli from the little I have seen of training I'm note sure which players are likely to add a significant amount of size in the off season.

With mature bodies leaving and Smith injured, I hope the mids can keep on getting stronger. Libba, Wally, Jong, Jack, Bonts etc are likely to get bigger or stronger opponents. Obviously Boyd is one we want physical development, lose some puppy fat and get stronger without losing too much mobility.

Remi Moses
27-12-2014, 11:52 PM
We've got that many under 100 games it's going to be difficult physically ( in particular mid year onwards)
It takes about 5 preseasons to get a body AFL fit( most players) and the conditioning staff have a major role to play.