PDA

View Full Version : What would a premiership mean to you?

Eastdog
29-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Personally for me it would be fantastic and would certainly make my year. I can imagine the journey to the spiritual home the Whitten Oval the next day listening to the players and coaches speak and sharing the cup around. The night before the whole city of Bulldog fans will be in absolutely raptures.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Confirmation of the greatness of the club is an important aspect. The entire team would become legendary and each player hailed for their individual part and seen as an integral part of the great team. The team would become like Adam Scott, the overdue champion.
The Bulldogs premiers would also release a champion aspect in myself, a knowledge that I too am a champion, something invincible. Similarly for Footscray community and the western suburbs, new light would be cast on the region and it would be seen at its best. A Bulldogs (I still feel dirty not calling us 'Footscray', as if we all consent to betray our real identity, the club I fell in love with) premiership would also cleanse the AFL of the sullying of it's image by Carlton and Essendon, cheats greedy for success, not fair players. A Bulldogs victory would prove the fairness of the competition and rid it of being an uneven playing ground. The victory would bind families. Parents that lured children into loyalty would be seen as visionaries, true believers, faith would be fortified. Migrant communities and erstwhile non affiliates within the suburb and region would embrace the red, white and blue and a new wave of Bulldog supporters would follow.
Peace would come to the land and to the soul.

dadsgirl16
29-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Not sure I could put it into words but BIDS has nailed it...after following the team for more than 50 years peace would certainly "come to the soul"

comrade
29-12-2014, 09:21 AM
I could die happy.

1eyedog
30-12-2014, 07:08 PM
I could die happy.

x2

I'd consider selling the kids for a Bulldogs Premiership :p

chef
30-12-2014, 07:11 PM
I can't even imagine what it would be like.

I'd settle for a GF spot ATM

The Underdog
30-12-2014, 07:18 PM
It'd be alright I guess

LostDoggy
31-12-2014, 09:58 AM
I have the feeling that non-Bulldogs people would ride it down like they always do. “You caught Essendon on a bad day”, “You got a lucky bounce of the ball”, “The comp was very light this year”, etc.

Winning it would mean we could finally ignore those arseholes and just smile.

1eyedog
31-12-2014, 11:53 AM
I have the feeling that non-Bulldogs people would ride it down like they always do. “You caught Essendon on a bad day”, “You got a lucky bounce of the ball”, “The comp was very light this year”, etc.

Winning it would mean we could finally ignore those arseholes and just smile.

Would not care one bit.

Twodogs
31-12-2014, 02:05 PM
x2

I'd consider selling the kids for a Bulldogs Premiership :p

Speaking of kids. Apart from the birth of my kids I couldn't think of anything that would make me happier than a bulldog premiership.

1eyedog
31-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Speaking of kids. Apart from the birth of my kids I couldn't think of anything that would make me happier than a bulldog premiership.

Tattslotto or Bulldogs Premiership? Kinda like Brownlow vs Premiership for the civvie.

Eastdog
31-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Tattslotto or Bulldogs Premiership? Kinda like Brownlow vs Premiership for the civvie.

Bulldog premiership :)

Twodogs
31-12-2014, 03:12 PM

Premiership easily. I wouldn't think twice.

BulldogBelle
31-12-2014, 05:24 PM

Money does not alaways make you happy but a Bulldogs premiership sure would.

l would be blubbering mess for a looong time and be watching the Premiership DVD every weekend.

LostDoggy
01-01-2015, 01:08 PM

Tattslotto. Then I'd give the 30 mill to the club, go a long way towards a premiership.

BulldogBelle
02-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Tattslotto. Then I'd give the 30 mill to the club, go a long way towards a premiership.

Thats exactlty what my wife said l would do if we won it!

LostDoggy
02-01-2015, 06:25 PM
EVERYTHING!!!
Happy everyday for the rest of my life,nothing could upset me because I could die a happy WOOFER!!!!
Unlike a lot of my passed on realatives and some of my closest freinds. :(

LostDoggy
02-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Then when I would see them all again I could share the over joyous feelings,sensations and emotions that I can only imagine comes with when your(OUR) team climbs EVEREST!!!!

SonofScray
03-01-2015, 01:56 PM
It'd mean the years of hope, heartache and commitment would be vindicated and carry meaning beyond football. I'd hold onto the idea that with time, repeat efforts and resilience things can and will work out with renewed vigour.

LostDoggy
03-01-2015, 11:21 PM
I am hoping it's the opposite of and several times more the combined feelings I had after the 97 and 2010 prelims. There will be a great sense of relief and a bottle of something special! I really can't put into words how much that day will actually mean.

Remi Moses
03-01-2015, 11:26 PM
I'd be ( like everyone) inconsolable with pure joy .
There will be tears and many touchy feely moments .
I tear up even day dreaming about it

comrade
04-01-2015, 12:40 AM
I'd have a week or two off afterwards and watch the replay a few times.

And by a few times, I mean have it on constant repeat.

BornInDroopSt'54
04-01-2015, 11:52 AM
There would have to be a Woofathon of pilgrimage to every Bulldogs hotspot, punctuated by pubs, that would last a month, leaving work, family and all responsibilities as secondary. We would walk the streets with a supporting caravan as a supply line, accompanied by family, the police, a buddhist monk, a catholic priest, the hari krishna and the local member as hangers on. We would have a tent city on the Whitten oval, some with "Up Yours Oakley" signs, where we would sleep and receive visitoring Bulldog supporters from near and far. Our numbers would swell to Save the Dogs proportions. Ted's greatest footage, including his last lap of the MCG would play on the screen.
The pilgrimage would become legendary.

SonofScray
04-01-2015, 12:33 PM
I'd be ( like everyone) inconsolable with pure joy .
There will be tears and many touchy feely moments .
I tear up even day dreaming about it

Likewise. I get vey emotional thinking about The Day. My wife said I'll occasionally be asleep and start hissing, fist pumping and yell "COME ON!" in the middle of the night, which I don't doubt, because I do it in the car overtime I drive over Mt Mistake.

Go_Dogs
06-01-2015, 09:02 AM
I'd have a week or two off afterwards and watch the replay a few times.

And by a few times, I mean have it on constant repeat.

I'd been thinking about that.

Install a big screen tv in my room and just have the game on continuous loop. Don't think I'd ever get sick of it.

Twodogs
06-01-2015, 01:42 PM
I'd been thinking about that.

Install a big screen tv in my room and just have the game on continuous loop. Don't think I'd ever get sick of it.

You'd have a lot of visitors too.

I'm picturing that episode of the Simpsons when Lenny has a party to show off his huge telly and Homer refuses to go home.

BulldogBelle
06-01-2015, 04:54 PM
There would have to be a Woofathon of pilgrimage to every Bulldogs hotspot, punctuated by pubs, that would last a month, leaving work, family and all responsibilities as secondary. We would walk the streets with a supporting caravan as a supply line, accompanied by family, the police, a buddhist monk, a catholic priest, the hari krishna and the local member as hangers on. We would have a tent city on the Whitten oval, some with "Up Yours Oakley" signs, where we would sleep and receive visitoring Bulldog supporters from near and far. Our numbers would swell to Save the Dogs proportions. Ted's greatest footage, including his last lap of the MCG would play on the screen.
The pilgrimage would become legendary.

Wow....Book me a spot, i am there!

BornInDroopSt'54
06-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Wow....Book me a spot, i am there!

OK there's two of us, one more and we have a movement. My vow to you is to make it happen.

KT31
06-01-2015, 05:21 PM
OK there's two of us, one more and we have a movement. My vow to you is to make it happen.
Movement it is them, I'm in.

Daughter of the West
06-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Movement it is them, I'm in.

The movement just got epic, I'm in!

I would cry for a week. Joyous, crazy happy tears. I'm another who honestly gets teary envisioning it now.

bornadog
06-01-2015, 05:45 PM
One of the great joys would be the week before the GF - experiencing the anticipation, joining in the GF parade, the walk to the ground, singing the national anthem and then the siren at 5pm - what a feeling that would be.

Eastdog
06-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Gee would love to be part of that.

Twodogs
06-01-2015, 08:39 PM

If I recall my song lyrics three people is an organisation. Fifty people is a movement.

BornInDroopSt'54
06-01-2015, 08:40 PM
It means we put everything else as secondary, but Melbourne will not only forgive and respect us, Bob Hawke will repeat his famous lines, " Any boss who gives a worker the sack is a BUM..."

azabob
06-01-2015, 10:04 PM
One of the great joys would be the week before the GF - experiencing the anticipation, joining in the GF parade, the walk to the ground, singing the national anthem and then the siren at 5pm - what a feeling that would be.

One other great joy would be the "long" trip home after the preliminary final win. Now that would be joyous.

bornadog
06-01-2015, 11:26 PM
One other great joy would be the "long" trip home after the preliminary final win. Now that would be joyous.

Yes it would all start from there.

BulldogBelle
07-01-2015, 06:22 PM
The week between the prelim and GF would be a very strange feeling for us Dogs supporters.
Most of us have never experienced that before!

Might have to talk to a Hawks or Cats mate for some advice;)

Eastdog
07-01-2015, 06:53 PM
The week between the prelim and GF would be a very strange feeling for us Dogs supporters.
Most of us have never experienced that before!

Might have to talk to a Hawks or Cats mate for some advice;)

Yep it would be new territory for many of us. We would all be really excited to be finally playing of in a GF.

Twodogs
07-01-2015, 08:14 PM
I don't think I would sleep for the whole week. I'd be too nervous for one thing.

BulldogBelle
08-01-2015, 08:20 AM
l remember the prelim against the saints (2010?), l nearly thru up at half time.
l dont think l could sit thru a GF unless we were winning easily.

westdog54
08-01-2015, 01:12 PM
l remember the prelim against the saints (2010?), l nearly thru up at half time.

I remember watching the NRL Grand Final this year, seeing Sam Burgess blubbering like a schoolgirl with about 3 minutes to go, as it started to sink in that Souths were finally going to break the drought.

I was watching and thinking how good it would feel to have a grand final in the bag like that, late in the game, able to start celebrating early.

KT31
08-01-2015, 01:19 PM

I am with you TDB, I would like to win the prelim and GF by plenty otherwise I would be a wreck throughout the games.

Twodogs
10-01-2015, 12:38 AM
I'd like to play Adelaide in a prelim, be gone for all money at 3/4 time but storm home to win by less than a goal. #itdfeelgoodman. Oh and Adelaide would have to have a clear goal called a point in the last quarter. #redemeption