PDA

View Full Version : Chris Grant To leave?

Pickenitup
26-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Just saw on Twitter Sam McLure from 3AW saying Granty is expected to leave as he is unhappy.
I would be gutted if Granty left such a icon of our club we need good people like him at our club.

chef
26-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Not surprising after the events of the end of the season.

bulldogtragic
26-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Leaving everything aside, what is occurring towards him to make him want to quit, either from our club or the AFEL?

Before I Die
26-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Just saw on Twitter Sam McLure from 3AW saying Granty is expected to leave as he is unhappy.
I would be gutted if Granty left such a icon of our club we need good people like him at our club.

I think Mclure works on the 'if i make a zillion predictions, at least one might come true' approach. However, if it is true, then who is left at the club who Grant could not be happy with? The coach has gone, the captain has gone, the CEO is gone. None of who were sacked, all walked. Is it the boot-studder? Do we need to change the mascot's diet? Perhaps a change of menu in the cafe?

Not really meaning to be flippant, as Grant is a true living legend, but seriously, who is left with enough influence to make Grant want to walk away (if true)?

F'scary
26-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Just as long as he isn't going to GWS

The Bulldogs Bite
26-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Legend status aside, would he really be a loss? Has he made us a better club? What are his achievements since coming on board a few years ago?

GVGjr
26-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Did any one go to the AGM?

Eastdog
26-01-2015, 10:03 PM

Nah didn't go but would be interested for those who went along to hear what was said.

LostDoggy
26-01-2015, 10:50 PM

He was there and all seemed well, he got reappointed to the board.

azabob
26-01-2015, 10:55 PM
I think Mclure works on the 'if i make a zillion predictions, at least one might come true' approach. However, if it is true, then who is left at the club who Grant could not be happy with? The coach has gone, the captain has gone, the CEO is gone. None of who were sacked, all walked. Is it the boot-studder? Do we need to change the mascot's diet? Perhaps a change of menu in the cafe?

Not really meaning to be flippant, as Grant is a true living legend, but seriously, who is left with enough influence to make Grant want to walk away (if true)?

Not being flippant, but Gordon surely influenced Macca and Garlick leaving. So perhaps Grant thinks they should still be at the club.

GVGjr
26-01-2015, 11:13 PM
He was there and all seemed well, he got reappointed to the board.

I heard the same. If there was an announcement to be made you would expect it to be on the night.

bulldogtragic
26-01-2015, 11:19 PM
A) Bulldogs seem to be slowly turning things around

B) Bulldogs have another crisis, based on a source I wont quote

What has us talking? What has others talking? What brings in listeners or readers?

Twodogs
26-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Nothing on the news feeds about it.

Still it's better to be first than be right for journos these days.

bornadog
26-01-2015, 11:38 PM

You must have missed this:

Chris Grant may be also stepping down at this weeks AGM

in this thread: http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14114-Simon-Garlick-Quits

always right
27-01-2015, 08:55 AM

It is possible to be both. Nothing surprises me anymore after the offseason we've had. Disappointed if he departs as it simply reinforces the perception that the club is still unsettled......never a good thing for a club like ours.

bornadog
27-01-2015, 09:42 AM
It is possible to be both. Nothing surprises me anymore after the offseason we've had. Disappointed if he departs as it simply reinforces the perception that the club is still unsettled......never a good thing for a club like ours.
Board members come and go. I don't see much in it as the position is voluntary and perhaps Chris hasn't the time to devout anymore.

AndrewP6
27-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Why would he put himself up for re-election if he was going to leave weeks later?

LostDoggy
28-01-2015, 11:29 PM
Was at the AGM. Chris Grant was there and re-nominated for the board and was duly elected un-opposed. He seemed happy in his position so don't see too many problems there. Maybe someone else on the board is not happy with Chris!!??

Twodogs
29-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Why would he put himself up for re-election if he was going to leave weeks later?

Looking at it from a pragmatic point I guess it is so he can nominate his successer.

Remi Moses
29-01-2015, 05:08 PM
The Australian's chief moron Greg Denham and lace said this morning that Grant and the prez had a tiff.

Greystache
29-01-2015, 05:09 PM
The Australian's chief moron Greg Denham and lace said this morning that Grant and the prez had a tiff.

So you can now rule that out as being what happened :rolleyes:

G-Mo77
30-01-2015, 02:13 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-01-30/positive-signs-exciting-future-grant

Following last week’s Annual General Meeting where Grant was re-appointed for a further three years, the former Bulldogs Captain said he was thrilled to continue on as a Board member in what he sees as a significant growth period for the Club.

bornadog
30-01-2015, 02:56 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-01-30/positive-signs-exciting-future-grant

Following last week’s Annual General Meeting where Grant was re-appointed for a further three years, the former Bulldogs Captain said he was thrilled to continue on as a Board member in what he sees as a significant growth period for the Club.

Peter has no doubt instigated this report:

From his blog here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-01-30/pt-2-presidents-queensland-blog)

Anyway, that's it for today. I'm off to chase down these authoritative and well sourced rumours about Chris Grant being unhappy. I'm just hoping it's not the whole Prince Philip knighthood thing. After all, who's to say His Royal Highness couldn't have played 341 games himself if he'd put his mind to it. Honestly!

Good to know the rumours aren't true.

LostDoggy
30-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Peter has no doubt instigated this report:

From his blog here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-01-30/pt-2-presidents-queensland-blog)

Good to know the rumours aren't true.

His Royal Highness did play 341 games. Other than that, great article and a very good read, especially the start about Robbo.

LostDoggy
30-01-2015, 05:48 PM
If he was to leave it might not have anything to do with the club or other board members, Chris from my knowledge is a successful property developer. Could simply be he needs to put more time into that or an opportunity may have opened up for himself. I wouldn't read to much into it

Greystache
30-01-2015, 07:02 PM
I was concerned until Greg "venom :D" Denham announced he was leaving. After that I knew everything was fine.

jeemak
30-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Is it actually that hard to believe they had a blue, but like actual adults, sat down and resolved it in an open and mature fashion?

I suppose because at the pointy end of business and football egos usually stop people from putting their crap to one side and addressing issues as they arise, so maybe it is hard to believe........

Bulldog4life
02-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Is it actually that hard to believe they had a blue, but like actual adults, sat down and resolved it in an open and mature fashion?

I suppose because at the pointy end of business and football egos usually stop people from putting their crap to one side and addressing issues as they arise, so maybe it is hard to believe........

I would be worried if they "never" had a disagreement. The last thing we need is all "yes men".

BornInDroopSt'54
02-02-2015, 03:47 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bulldogs/photos/a.394114772486.173267.356560647486/10153017856407487/?type=1