PDA

View Full Version : Another resignation at the Kennel

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Highly regarded Club Executive Rachel Murphy has tendered her resignation. Murphy who was recruited by Campbell Rose during his tenure became a life Member and greatly admired in her role as Head of People and Community. Rachel Murphy played a leading role in the establishing of our Museum, Hall of Fame and the production of the two Bulldog Heritage books together with events like the Charles Sutton Best and fairest Dinner. This is a further blow following the losses of Griffen McCartney and CEO Simon Garlick.

bornadog
29-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Any reasons given for her departure?

dadsgirl16
30-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Honestly...what the hell is going on ???

LostDoggy
30-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Perhaps the role has become mundane or she wants a new direction in her career? It appears that with Garlick we needed someone with a higher level of experience in the functional CEO role.

There's been a plethora changes in personnel in the last 3+ months, but there's not necessarily smoke with all of them.

azabob
30-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Front of office staff move on from organisations all the time. Not sure this is such a huge issue.

Nuggety Back Pocket
31-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Any reasons given for her departure?
After 12 years she has decided that it was perhaps time to seek other opportunities with nothing in mind at this stage. Rachel Murphy is very competent and departs with a good spirit.

josie
31-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks Nugget Back Pocket.

Is this the same Rachel that heads up HR? (presumably yes, as "people" sounds like HR).

I did a little volunteering last year and Rachel was just lovely. Has a personable approach and great skills, like remembering your name etc.

Thanks for letting us know and I do wish Rachel all the best with her future endeavours.

1eyedog
31-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Front of office staff move on from organisations all the time. Not sure this is such a huge issue.

Agreed, we have to allow for some natural turnover in staff without jumping at shadows.

KT31
01-02-2015, 11:32 AM
OMG I have just heard one of the Club's cleaners is thinking of leaving the club, not sure we will ever recover if he departs.:rolleyes:

Twodogs
01-02-2015, 01:34 PM
They will be reporting club employees ringing in sick next.

LostDoggy
01-02-2015, 07:33 PM
They will be reporting club employees ringing in sick next.

Funny you say that, as there is an internal review under way at the moment to investigate claims of unreasonably long toilet breaks. Signs of major discord at the Whitten Oval. Or dysentery.

Eastdog
01-02-2015, 08:50 PM
After 12 years she has decided that it was perhaps time to seek other opportunities with nothing in mind at this stage. Rachel Murphy is very competent and departs with a good spirit.

All the best for whatever she does next.

LostDoggy
01-02-2015, 09:47 PM
I think Rachel has stayed a lot longer than many employees of footy clubs. All the best in your new venture Rachel.