PDA

View Full Version : GWS made contact over Griffen's back.

Grantysghost
05-02-2015, 01:18 AM
Love it when a plan comes together.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/gws-has-reportedly-made-contact-with-the-western-bulldogs-over-ryan-griffens-back-problems-20150204-136asx.html

chef
05-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Suck it. Hope he breaks down and you get stuff all footy out of him.

BulldogBelle
05-02-2015, 08:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Go_Dogs
05-02-2015, 08:38 AM
These rumours have been doing the rounds for a while, not sure how much substance there is to them.

1eyedog
05-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Agreed. Regardless of whether Ryan's back is playing up GWS are doing a long overdue due diligence on his back in case they need to manage it in the future. All I've heard is speculation he can't touch his toes. All reports are he's on track for round 1.

G-Mo77
05-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Webby
05-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Agreed. Regardless of whether Ryan's back is playing up GWS are doing a long overdue due diligence on his back in case they need to manage it in the future. All I've heard is speculation he can't touch his toes. All reports are he's on track for round 1.

Yep, Brad Johnson never touched his toes once in his entire AFL career. True fact! Some blokes just can't do it!... And, funnily enough I don't think BJ ever did a hamstring.

Mofra
05-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Yep, Brad Johnson never touched his toes once in his entire AFL career. True fact! Some blokes just can't do it!... And, funnily enough I don't think BJ ever did a hamstring.
BJ was a freakish as Crossy & West about preparation and training. I heard stories of him calling the club doctor at 2am to ensure that if he takes a second aspirin it wouldn't hurt his recovery.

Griffen seems like he will need to be managed. I'd still expect him to play well in 2015 - he is a gun, pure and simple.

hujsh
05-02-2015, 02:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

The correct answer was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BaOvM9jXKg

Remi Moses
05-02-2015, 02:18 PM
The guy came off continuely last season with back issues, and if GWS didn't realise this, then more fools them.

Sedat
05-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Even a half-fit Griffen is a gun, as evidenced by his 3rd place in our B&F last season off the back of no pre-season whatsoever. He is a jet, pure and simple. But he has punished his body over the course of a decade with us (that's why I won't ever bag him), and the high probability is that he will continue to decline physically. Maybe the Giants want to protect their young midfield brigade over the next couple of years by using Griffen as a battering ram in the middle?

I remain extremely pleased that this trade eventuated.

bulldogtragic
05-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Call 2-2-2-2-2-2, we've got an answering machine that can talk to you.

Remi Moses
05-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Even a half-fit Griffen is a gun, as evidenced by his 3rd place in our B&F last season off the back of no pre-season whatsoever. He is a jet, pure and simple. But he has punished his body over the course of a decade with us (that's why I won't ever bag him), and the high probability is that he will continue to decline physically. Maybe the Giants want to protect their young midfield brigade over the next couple of years by using Griffen as a battering ram in the middle?

I couldn't question His output for our club, but the messy exit leaves a bitter taste.
I mean the whole " gone missin" after the lie to Grant really was childish and puerile .
He'll be physically targeted like last season, and you'd be surprised if you got 4 quality years out of him.

bulldogtragic
05-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I couldn't question His output for our club, but the messy exit leaves a bitter taste.
I mean the whole " gone missin" after the lie to Grant really was childish and puerile .
He'll be physically targeted like last season, and you'd be surprised if you got 4 quality years out of him.

GWS don't want this stuff out there. Every fair or not so fair polaxing into his back during the games just gets confirmed. If he goes onto the ground he's fit and fair game, so he gets caught up smashed in packs, unrealistic hangers or push as kicking he might get a few kicks. But he might get subbed off too. Ours or not, I can't see opposition mid coaches not saying test him out early and guys like Picken and Crowley seem not to get penalised for elbows into backs.

Remi Moses
05-02-2015, 05:19 PM
GWS don't want this stuff out there. Every fair or not so fair polaxing into his back during the games just gets confirmed. If he goes onto the ground he's fit and fair game, so he gets caught up smashed in packs, unrealistic hangers or push as kicking he might get a few kicks. But he might get subbed off too. Ours or not, I can't see opposition mid coaches not saying test him out early and guys like Picken and Crowley seem not to get penalised for elbows into backs.

AfL jungle drums beat pretty loud , and he was targeted, crunched often last season, so you'd think the other clubs knew of his back issues. Clearly GWS were so giddy that they'd landed a "big fish" that they didn't cross the I's and dot the T's

Remi Moses
05-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Umm correction maybe they did Cross the I's and Dot the T's;)

lemmon
05-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Hopefully Minson runs straight and hard

Twodogs
05-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Me too.l

chef
05-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Showed his true colours with the way he left, great footballer but not a great football person.

LostDoggy
05-02-2015, 07:07 PM
I sincerely hope the Dogs help out all they can with medical advice and so on. Not only to be the classier club, but I want him fit for May.

F'scary
05-02-2015, 08:02 PM
This all sounds like a case of...Watch your back, Grifter...