PDA

View Full Version : What 3 improvements would you like to see on field in season 2008?

BulldogBelle
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Here are a few of mine -

1. More physicality and strength to push off opponents.
2. Someone else to step up and help Johnno out in the forward line.
3. Our young guns to all fire at the same time.

wimberga
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see

1. Hudson and Minson take control in the Ruck
2. Callan become an effective tagger
3. Griffen stay injury free and slowly make the move into midfield effectively.

LostDoggy
13-11-2007, 12:21 AM
I'd like to see

1. Higgins to the midfield effectively
2. Murphy kick 45+goals
3. Cooney average 26+ touches and a goal a game.

FrediKanoute
13-11-2007, 05:39 AM
1. hardness at the footy - this to me is a willingnes to attack the ball and put bodies on the line, but also a willingness to back up your mates, lay shepherds, get in the way of a rampaging Brown etc

2. Cooney become consistent - he doesn't have to get 30+ possessions eack game, really 20 is enough, provided he gets tha every week. His 20 possessions each week can really hurt the opposition. he needs to be consistently involved not just burst a game open in a quarter

3. I'd like to see mcDougall stand up a prove the doubters from the West (and the majority of the football world) wrong. I'd like him to develop into a solid CHB who is capable of controlling the backline.

LostDoggy
14-11-2007, 12:37 AM
1. The team generally to get back that slick game plan of theirs.
2. Murphy to regain his '06 form and kick some of those great goals of his (take the pressure off Johno)
3. Domination in the ruck by Hudson/Minson - allowing us to get first hands on the ball, and get it quickley into our forward line.

macca
14-11-2007, 01:00 AM
1. players we've had for 3-4 years players being tougher and disciplined for 4 quaters of footy, for 22 weeks. Farren ray, wight, tiller , minson, higgens, addison and skipper are ones to watch for real growth and development. Most of these players had a pretty ordinary season.

2. Hargrave to play more on the ball and wing. He showed some good sides dashing off half back and banging in some goals.

3. play according to the coaches instructions, and with some toughness and hunger. We were pathetic in the last 6 games of the season. capitualting when under pressure and too lazy to chase players down to get the ball

The Underdog
14-11-2007, 01:44 PM
1. More physicality and aggression.
Other teams definitely view us as a team that can be intimidated. They're not afraid to push us around and know that we'll go into our shell. We need to step up and show we won't be pushed around both with our attack on the ball and when teams try to intimidate off the ball. We need our leaders to set the tone early on that this won't be tolerated any more.

2. An adjusted game plan. I think we saw the shortcomings of our game plan last season after playing some brilliant football in 2006. We were too easily shutdown and our lack of options up forward led to us being too one dimensional. We need to be able to vary it rather than just come out and attempt the same thing week to week. Last year against St.Kilda we went for a more possession oriented game and it nearly got us a win when we were out of sorts. I'm not a coach or tactician so I'm probably being overly simplistic, but we broke down too easily last season and looked lost like their was no Plan B. The players also need to be comitted to follow the game plan from week to week.

3. Ryan Griffen. I'd love to see Griff fit and firing. I'd start him back on the Half Back Flank before trying him in the middle again. He struggled in the centre last year before his injury, so I'd love to see him running off half back again to get his touch and be damaging like he was in 06.

bornadog
14-11-2007, 02:51 PM
1. relatively injury free season.
2. A healthy %, ie we kick more goals than others kick against us.
3. A great Ruck combination

LostDoggy
14-11-2007, 03:38 PM
1. When the ball spills into our FF - keep it in there!
2. Cooney (as mentioned earlier) - 4 quarters of consistent effort every game.
3. A never give up attitude - no matter what the state of the game is.

LostDoggy
14-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Follow the Geelong mantra -

1. Win the one on one's
2. Everyone getting their hands dirty....a team effort from strong on and off field leadership
3. Intelligent, tough ruck work and pace through the midfield and half back

Dry Rot
15-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Better in clearances, better defensive efforts up field and two tall forwards to emerge.

Welsh, Hahn, Murphy and Johnno are all good to excellent players, but without a couple of 192+cm forwards emerging, IMHO we'll have trouble being better than a bottom top 8 side.

Tiller, Minson, Wight or Skipper up forward do not fill me with confidence for season 2008.

Dancin' Douggy
15-11-2007, 10:22 AM
1. we win the flag
2.Westy wins brownlow
3.Johnno wins norm smith.

That should just about do it.

Go_Dogs
15-11-2007, 11:31 AM
1. Harder at the contest and getting to more contests
2. Someone to help Johnno and become a reliable week in week out goal kicker.
3. Young players stepping up to midfield roles.

The Underdog
15-11-2007, 11:32 AM
1. we win the flag
2.Westy wins brownlow
3.Johnno wins norm smith.

That should just about do it.

I'd settle for #1 :D
But then I always had low expectations

Dancin' Douggy
15-11-2007, 11:51 AM
OK 2 and 3 are negotiable!
How about
2. Macdougall plays 22 ( sorry 25) games at CHF and kicks 70 goals.
3. Our number 5 pick in the upcoming draft is a gun and wins rising star 2008

oooh baby

southerncross
15-11-2007, 06:03 PM
1. To be in with a chance of winning very game in the fourth quarter.
2. To have a number of younger guys showing a lot of improvement
3. To not lose two games in a row.

The Underdog
16-11-2007, 10:45 AM
OK 2 and 3 are negotiable!
How about
2. Macdougall plays 22 ( sorry 25) games at CHF and kicks 70 goals.
3. Our number 5 pick in the upcoming draft is a gun and wins rising star 2008

oooh baby

If #2 happens I will personally buy everyone on this forum a beer.

LostDoggy
16-11-2007, 06:29 PM
1) Physically stronger in contests
2) A few 9 goal third quarters would be nice
3) Dale Morris to be All Australian Captain, OK, I'll settle for just a selection.

Mantis
16-11-2007, 10:55 PM
If #2 happens I will personally buy everyone on this forum a beer.

I think you could buy each of us our own hotel with a life times supply of beer.

The Underdog
17-11-2007, 12:43 AM
I think you could buy each of us our own hotel with a life times supply of beer.

I was going to say something silly but then I figured it would then surely come back and bite me on the arse.

BulldogBelle
17-11-2007, 08:18 PM
2) A few 9 goal third quarters would be nice.

That would be good, perhaps they could factor that into every game? It's always exciting when a team piles on that many goals in a quarter.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 01:48 PM
1. When the ball spills into our FF - keep it in there!
2. Cooney (as mentioned earlier) - 4 quarters of consistent effort every game.
3. A never give up attitude - no matter what the state of the game is.

Just over half way through the season and I can tick all 3 boxes so far. Good work Doggies.