PDA

View Full Version : Aker on C10

LostDoggy
13-11-2007, 06:40 PM
If anyone is interested he's talking about why the Bulldogs failed in 2007. Just when you thought you have heard it all....

Mantis
13-11-2007, 07:16 PM
If anyone is interested he's talking about why the Bulldogs failed in 2007. Just when you thought you have heard it all....

What did he say?

Heard him talk about the Cousins saga on SEN earlier today and he was very good.

Go_Dogs
13-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Yes, what did he say?

Rocket Science
13-11-2007, 09:25 PM
caught some of it.

Apart from feelin "buggered" on his first day back on the track, reckons last season's woes were all due to the fact the squad was "overtrained", that as a result the team was going into games in an already fatigued state, and lamented that the extent of his own individual workload meant he was playing 5 kgs lighter than his normal/preferred playing weight, which impacted his performances.

Speaking generally, seemed to me he was simply chiming in with the recent criticisms of Eade...Sounded like he wants it easier in his twilight years and has no qualms publically second guessing the coach while it's de rigeur. This bloke's still got a great deal to prove to this football club (he's got plenty of company I might add) and shifting blame for his mediocre '07 campaign isn't a great way to kick off his next one in red, white and blue when the club has so many demons to exorcise.

Still fuelled in part by residual frustration from last season I might be reading too much into what was a 30 second grab, but it struck me as more excuses and blame shifting which seems at odds with the new themes of hard work and team-ethic which are supposed to be the keys to regaining some respect.

LostDoggy
13-11-2007, 09:58 PM
caught some of it.

Apart from feelin "buggered" on his first day back on the track, reckons last season's woes were all due to the fact the squad was "overtrained", that as a result the team was going into games in an already fatigued state, and lamented that the extent of his own individual workload meant he was playing 5 kgs lighter than his normal/preferred playing weight, which impacted his performances.

I have to admit I found that very strange even by Aker's standards

Speaking generally, seemed to me he was simply chiming in with the recent criticisms of Eade...Sounded like he wants it easier in his twilight years and has no qualms publically second guessing the coach while it's de rigeur. This bloke's still got a great deal to prove to this football club (he's got plenty of company I might add) and shifting blame for his mediocre '07 campaign isn't a great way to kick off his next one in red, white and blue when the club has so many demons to exorcise.

Does it lend any weight to the comments about Eade losing the players support ?
Aker does have a lot to prove himself next year in my opinion.

Still fuelled in part by residual frustration from last season I might be reading too much into what was a 30 second grab, but it struck me as more excuses and blame shifting which seems at odds with the new themes of hard work and team-ethic which are supposed to be the keys to regaining some respect.

I suppose its a no win situation when anyone tries to explain what went wrong last season. All I know is that I dont want it repeated ever.

Go_Dogs
14-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Interesting.

Perhaps the training workload should be seen as more of a reflection on the performance, fitness and conditioning staff, rather than Eade?

LostDoggy
14-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I suppose its a no win situation when anyone tries to explain what went wrong last season.

I think he took the question personally, and described more pf his own reasons for his 2007 season rather than the teams. But what is he going to say when explaining himself?! When there is a lot of hype surrounding a well known player and his actions, what would he do? He'd have to shift some of the blame, or most would immediately write him off as a failure, which wouldnt be of much use to anyones confidence.

Sure, there could have been a little less of the blame game and a little more of a positive outlook to next year, but when you're 30+ and big things were expected, it's not suprising he got a little defensive.

Im sick of this whole Failed 2007, and would just like to get into 2008 and how we can improve on our future, and what will come next year, a bit of positivity woulnt go astray!
I've heard enough excuses and reasons to last a lifetime, now.