PDA

View Full Version : Should Acyce Cordy be moved to CHB?

bornadog
15-03-2015, 01:34 PM
We have some competition for the ruck roles and can't play all of Minson, Campbell, Cordy and Boyd in the one game, however, with Talia not yet proving himself, Roberts to still learn more, should we move Ayce to CHB?

The role is not unfamiliar to him, having played there a couple of times for Williamstown and was moved to the backline yesterday.

GVGjr
15-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Lacks the mobility to do it on a full time basis in my opinion but if he can earn himself a spot in the senior side then he could fill that role from time to time. He doesn't appear to have won a lot of our supporters over but I'm more than okay with him being on the list.

lemmon
15-03-2015, 02:04 PM
It was trialled a while back either by Eade in his final season or Macca in his first at AFL level, I'm fairly sure it was Eade. He was taken apart fairly conclusively for the short period it was trialled if I recall correctly. I already have concerns about Roughy as a key back due to his limited mobility and Ayce makes Roughead look like Cyril Rioli in comparison.

I think we saw his best spot yesterday, he's a good follow up ruckman in the clinches with his agility and could run a few bigger rucks off their legs. If he can figure out how to take a grab above his head than he can definitely become a weapon as a second, more mobile ruck.

Go_Dogs
15-03-2015, 02:14 PM
One thing that really stood out to me yesterday was his work by hand in tight. He really put some players into space with sharp handballs, which to me, says playing in the ruck and around the clearances is where he's likely to do his best work.

Having the ability to drop a kick behind the play though, would be good - hopefully it's something he can continue to do and improve on.

bulldogtragic
15-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't have thought so. Ayce is a pure ruckman if he is to make it AFL.

boydogs
15-03-2015, 03:18 PM
however, with Talia not yet proving himself, Roberts to still learn more, should we move Ayce to CHB?

Time for Talia, Roberts & Hamling to be played at AFL level and either sink or swim

LostDoggy
15-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Talia has been pretty good this pre season. Has trained well and looked strong in match simulation.

He was one of our best in NAB one and was poor yesterday. Lets give him a chance to prove himself and not write him off after 1 NAB pre season match.

Twodogs
15-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Talia has been pretty good this pre season. Has trained well and looked strong in match simulation.

He was one of our best in NAB one and was poor yesterday. Lets give him a chance to prove himself and not write him off after 1 NAB pre season match.

Completely agree Jatyee. Talia has been pretty constant over the whole pre season in training and he presented himself to preseason training both times in top condition.

lemmon
15-03-2015, 06:10 PM
Fletcher Roberts deserves a bit of love too. When fit he is definitely in the conversation for CHB, thought he was consistently decent when he had his run in the firsts

GVGjr
15-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Fletcher Roberts deserves a bit of love too. When fit he is definitely in the conversation for CHB, thought he was consistently decent when he had his run in the firsts

I tend to agree. Just lacks a bit of strength and mobility at the moment. Injury free, he could be an improver.

G-Mo77
15-03-2015, 09:19 PM

Agree. He had a tough day, the unforced errors were horrendous so there is no excuse there. The back six didn't work well together which forced him to leave his direct opponent at times and got caught out due to lack of help. I've in no way put a line through him. There is a spot there for him, right now I'd lean towards giving it to Hamling to start with but it's not by much.

What's happening with Fletch?

We have some competition for the ruck roles and can't play all of Minson, Campbell, Cordy and Boyd in the one game, however, with Talia not yet proving himself, Roberts to still learn more, should we move Ayce to CHB?

In regards to the question. No.

F'scary
15-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Not unless we want to give a boost to every other side's CHF.

Axe Man
16-03-2015, 10:57 AM
What's happening with Fletch?

I posted this in the injury thread last week:

Key defender Fletcher Roberts is another on the verge of returning to full training after a modified program in recent weeks due to groin soreness.

“There’s a chance to bring him back towards full training, and manage his training and game loads, and bring him back towards the season.”

Ozza
16-03-2015, 11:40 AM
It was trialled a while back either by Eade in his final season or Macca in his first at AFL level, I'm fairly sure it was Eade. He was taken apart fairly conclusively for the short period it was trialled if I recall correctly. I already have concerns about Roughy as a key back due to his limited mobility and Ayce makes Roughead look like Cyril Rioli in comparison.

I think we saw his best spot yesterday, he's a good follow up ruckman in the clinches with his agility and could run a few bigger rucks off their legs. If he can figure out how to take a grab above his head than he can definitely become a weapon as a second, more mobile ruck.

I'm pretty sure it was actually Paul Williams who trialled it - in those few games when Eade finished up and Willo coached out the season. I remember Williams playing Cordy at CHB in the game at AAMI vs Port when we thumped them, and I think Cordy then played CHB against Hawthorn after that.

GVGjr
16-03-2015, 09:55 PM
I think the fact that the coach moved Cordy to the back line against Melbourne is a sign we think he could cover a couple of spots in a pinch. I'd like to see him improve a bit this year.

1eyedog
16-03-2015, 11:06 PM
I think the fact that the coach moved Cordy to the back line against Melbourne is a sign we think he could cover a couple of spots in a pinch. I'd like to see him improve a bit this year.

Or we still don't really know where to play him.