PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Dissapointed

LostDoggy
17-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Hi Woofers,

I just wanted to vent a little, so please excuse me if this is out of place.

A few months ago I contacted the club to ask for a little favour, my niece was terminally ill with a rare Disease called Tay-Sachs, all I asked for was a video message from a player or players to show a little love. I Followed the process for player appearances on the Western Bulldogs website , which promises a reply within six weeks, but alas nothing.

Yesterday my beautiful niece got her wings, and is finally without suffering.

In my heartache I can't help thinking about how little the club I have supported, despite no geographical loyalty, for longer than I can remember, seem to have cared for my family. I am at a point where I am seriously considering cancelling my membership and never again watching A game of AFL.

G-Mo77
17-03-2015, 09:09 PM
I don't blame you if you did cancel mate. It's times like these you'd think the club would have reached out, it's disappointing that they did not.

Sorry for your loss. :(

F'scary
17-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Saddened to learn of your family's loss, SD. It must be very difficult for you now and for some time before.

GVGjr
17-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Snoop, condolences. Such an awful time for all concerned.
Our thoughts are with you.

bulldogtragic
17-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear SD. I've actually been wondering how she was getting on. I hope at least with the fundraising your family got a lot of other precious memories. I hope your family finds strength together mate, I really do.

lemmon
17-03-2015, 09:37 PM
That's tragic mate, deepest condolences

Maddog37
17-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Very sorry to hear of your families loss Snoop. Words won't do justice at this time.

LostDoggy
17-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear SD. I've actually been wondering how she was getting on. I hope at least with the fundraising your family got a lot of other precious memories. I hope your family finds strength together mate, I really do.

Thanks BT,

So many generous people helped to make so many amazing memories for the family, grateful beyond any words. My favourite memory is this 595

CJ Ramone making the time to visit

Twodogs
17-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Thanks BT,

So many generous people helped to make so amazing memories for the family, grateful beyond any words. My favourite memory is this 595595595.

CJ Ramone making the time to visit

lovely photo. I saw him play in '91.

Sorry to hear of your family's loss SD.

Bulldog Joe
17-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Very sad. Deepest condolences

Go_Dogs
17-03-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm very saddened to hear this, condolences to you, your family and friends.

Happy Days
17-03-2015, 10:35 PM
I don't have the words mate, my deepest condolences.

ratsmac
17-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear, condolences.

LostDoggy
17-03-2015, 10:59 PM
So sad to hear your terrible news SD. It's such a shame that sometimes the world doesn't realize that the smallest things can mean so much to people I wish things had of been different for you and your family.

The Underdog
17-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Condolences to you and her parents Snoop. There's really nothing that can be said or done to help I'm sure but hope all can find their way through.

Dry Rot
17-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news.

I'd really get up the club - I'd write to Peter Gordon.

bornadog
17-03-2015, 11:56 PM
So sorry to hear the sad news, Condolences to you and the family.

LostDoggy
18-03-2015, 12:19 AM
I finally got a reply from the club, via a facebook message, only after threatening to cancel my membership. They have offered a letter of condolence, which I guess I should be grateful for.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys, really appreciate the love from here.

LostDoggy
18-03-2015, 12:45 AM
Condolences Snoop Dog, such a pointless tragedy when young life is stolen.

Footy means little at a time like this but I really hope that you stick with us. This is a terrible administration error, and I'm sure news of this situation will reverberate through the club, and sting the hearts of all at Whitten Oval.

May the little one rest in peace, and may you and your family soon find some respite from your undoubted agony.

Remi Moses
18-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Sorry for your loss snoop.
Poor form from the club

jeemak
18-03-2015, 01:24 AM
Condolences Snoop. May she lie peacefully.

Chin up. Take a few moments. Much love.

Scraggers
18-03-2015, 01:33 AM
I love that expression Snoop "got her wings" really beautiful. A perfect way to describe the loss of a child. My thoughts are with and your family at this tough time.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2015, 03:32 AM
Condolences Snoop.

Thoughts are with you - may she rest peacefully.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-03-2015, 08:05 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family SD. I'm very sorry, and disappointed that our club could not find it in them to do something.

Bulldog Revolution
18-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Best wishes to all the SD family

BornInDroopSt'54
18-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear of her passing Snoop, my thoughts are with you. Stick with us Snoop, its your club and whoever was negligent in responding to your request is not worthy of derailing the passion and loyalty that you have shared with the club for so long. There can be a loss of meaning when a precious life ends and a questioning of loyalty but there is also an affirmation of life and meaning and a strengthening of loyalty.
Since my brother died, I stay in touch with him through the Dogs.

1eyedog
18-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Very sorry to hear this. Having children myself and a daughter I cannot imagine the heart ache your family is suffering - my heart goes out to you. I would feel extremely jaded if I was in your position. The club has been working hard on connecting with the community and the west in general and our home ground is a community-based hub. I understand that there is a lot of people they need to cater for but this really is a special circumstance and one that in my view someone should have acted on. We were flying kids over from S.A and making videos of them and giving them opportunities to vote on a new captain FFS!

The disappointing aspect of your post is that what you were requesting a player could have done in 2 minutes from the comfort of the club. I would suggest that your request was not heard by anyone in a position to make decisions and certainly didn't get to any of the players.

Very disappointed to hear this during members week and even more miffed that it took a threat to cancel your membership to get a response from the club.

Bulldog4life
18-03-2015, 11:47 AM
My thoughts are with you and your family Snoop Dog at this very sad time. I have personally walked down this very hard road myself and know exactly how you all feel. Important you all stick together.

Daughter of the West
18-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Deepest condolences Snoop, best wishes to you and your family mate.

I'm also really sorry and disappointed that the club couldn't make good on your request, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes but sadly that would be cold comfort. Stay with us - the Bulldogs is not just about the administration at the Whitten Oval, it's about our whole tribe.

whythelongface
18-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Condolences to you and your family Snoop Dog. Disappointing from the club that they did not act on your request. All I can say is that the club is about the supporters, and we as supporters are there to support each other through the good and not so good times. Stick with the Bulldog family SD as it will bring you strength.

EasternWest
18-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hear this Snoop. I remember when you first posted about Ellie and I had a lot of trouble reconciling the gorgeous pic of her with what the future held for her. It's a tough world sometimes. I hope you and your family can find some ease.

I just did a quick google and found this article, I hope you don't mind if I link it, because the photo at the end is amazing.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/ellie-has-her-angel-wings-tiny/2577820/

Much Bulldog love to you.

LostDoggy
18-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Sorry to hear this Snoop. I remember when you first posted about Ellie and I had a lot of trouble reconciling the gorgeous pic of her with what the future held for her. It's a tough world sometimes. I hope you and your family can find some ease.

I just did a quick google and found this article, I hope you don't mind if I link it, because the photo at the end is amazing.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/ellie-has-her-angel-wings-tiny/2577820/

Much Bulldog love to you.

Of course I don't mind EW, that is a gorgeous pic.

LostDoggy
18-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Condolences to you and your family Snoop Dog. Disappointing from the club that they did not act on your request. All I can say is that the club is about the supporters, and we as supporters are there to support each other through the good and not so good times. Stick with the Bulldog family SD as it will bring you strength.

This is too true, appreciate all the sentiments from you guys.

The bulldog tragician
18-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Like everyone else, I am so sorry and sad for your terrible loss. None of us can really find the adequate words but let's hope there is some small comfort in the thoughts care and sympathy of your WOOF family.

It is very hard to accept what could have gone wrong from the club's point of view, except to say that unfortunately like so many businesses the club increasingly directs people to the web as a point of contact, and you have to wonder if your request had been heard by a real person, whether the response would have been more immediate and compassionate. Hopefully an immediate review of processes will follow this blunder.

Doc26
18-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your niece Snoop. My sincere condolences to you and your extended family.
I hope you find some comfort at this time from the overwhelming support I'm reading here on Woof. Hopefully those at the Club, accountable for member support and satisfaction, do not lose sight of the little things that go to make a big difference to our culture.

LostDoggy
18-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Just to keep you all in the loop, I recieved an email from the club today, apologising for the lack of reply, apparently my request was miss filed. They have promised a condolence letter. :confused:

bornadog
18-03-2015, 11:59 PM
Just to keep you all in the loop, I recieved an email from the club today, apologising for the lack of reply, apparently my request was miss filed. They have promised a condolence letter. :confused:

Poor excuse from the club as far as I am concerned.

Chin up the club is bigger than the individuals who stuff up.

wimberga
19-03-2015, 08:10 AM
I feel for you snoop. The club could and should have done better.

Thinking of you.

LostDoggy
19-03-2015, 09:18 PM
All my heart felt condolences to you and your family Snoop at this sad time.

Eastdog
19-03-2015, 10:37 PM
I do not like hearing stuff like this. So sorry SD. My condolences are with you and your family.
Not great by our club but at least there gonna send you a letter.

AndrewP6
19-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Haven't been on WOOF much lately. I'm terribly sad to read of this tragic loss. My condolences to you and the family. I must say you have been kind in describing your thoughts as 'disappointed'- I think it's disgusting that no response at all was received, save for a tokenistic offer of a letter. What a pitiful response. One small gesture would not have been hard to arrange. However at times like this, I think it is a timely reminder of how precious life is, and in the scheme of life, how insignificant games are. Yes we're passionate, yes we wear our hearts on our sleeves, but really, it is just a game. The important things are the special moments we are privileged to share with our near and dear. No words can really heal the hurt you are feeling, but I hope you and your family can find some comfort in the many cherished memories that will live forever. My best wishes to you.

KT31
19-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Very sad news and all of my thoughts and wishes to your family Snoop, I tried to think of the best way to respond but I thank whythelongface for posting my thoughts brilliantly.

LostDoggy
19-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Haven't been on WOOF much lately. I'm terribly sad to read of this tragic loss. My condolences to you and the family. I must say you have been kind in describing your thoughts as 'disappointed'- I think it's disgusting that no response at all was received, save for a tokenistic offer of a letter. What a pitiful response. One small gesture would not have been hard to arrange. However at times like this, I think it is a timely reminder of how precious life is, and in the scheme of life, how insignificant games are. Yes we're passionate, yes we wear our hearts on our sleeves, but really, it is just a game. The important things are the special moments we are privileged to share with our near and dear. No words can really heal the hurt you are feeling, but I hope you and your family can find some comfort in the many cherished memories that will live forever. My best wishes to you.

Thanks Andrew, well said, nothing is bigger than thw love we have for Ellie

Chicago1
20-03-2015, 04:36 PM
I haven't been around very much this year and just read the sad news. My heart goes out to you and your family on such a tragic loss. I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes as I read the article and looked at the pics of Ellie, for my seven year old grandniece has the same name. Since she lives in Arizona I have only seen her a few times. I hope that your angel Ellie will look down upon our Ellie and watch over her from above.

LostDoggy
20-03-2015, 09:55 PM
I haven't been around very much this year and just read the sad news. My heart goes out to you and your family on such a tragic loss. I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes as I read the article and looked at the pics of Ellie, for my seven year old grandniece has the same name. Since she lives in Arizona I have only seen her a few times. I hope that your angel Ellie will look down upon our Ellie and watch over her from above.

I am sure she will, thanks Chicago1

Topdog
21-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss and the whole situation.

As someone else mentioned earlier I'm sure if it was seen by a human and not automated something would have been done. They do videos every week would have literally taken them 2 minutes to do.

Not a criticism but if anyone is unfortunate enough to find themselves in a similar situation in the future please ring the club as I just can't imagine that they would ignore something like this.

anfo27
21-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Condolences to you and your family snoop. Have just become a father myself and can't imagine what you and your family are going through mate.
Like everyone i'm just disappointed that a request like that would be ignored by the club for whatever reason.