PDA

View Full Version : Some notes on *our* Jarman

F'scary
18-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Woofers will recall that with pick 39 in the 2014 draft we were able to secure the services of a Jarman.

I watched the full replay of the 2nd NAB Cup outing against the Dees yesterday evening and it was the first time I have had much of a look at some of the draftees and I have to say I was quite impressed with all of them.

Anyway, onto *our* Jarman in particular. Everyone would have noticed that from the visage, he looks like a Jarman.

But I noticed too that even though he is a skinny kid still, he also has the Jarman derriere. A very positive sign.

And then I noticed that even though he was making the mistakes a youngster makes, he moves like a Jarman and, like a Jarman, does not want to give the ball up to anyone else. If I recall correctly, the Jarman style is the opposite of the hot potato style. This was very evident in the way *our* Jarman played last Saturday.

Can't wait till he puts a bit more meat on the bones and starts to glide through the traffic as if he is the only one with the green light...just like his uncles did.

chef
18-03-2015, 07:45 PM
I will hate that name(Jar......can't even type it) for eternity.

F'scary
18-03-2015, 07:49 PM

Understand...but remember, this is *our* Jarman.

Maddog37
18-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I like this kid. Just has something about him.

bulldogtragic
18-03-2015, 09:44 PM

This. To never near the name would be too soon....

LostDoggy
19-03-2015, 01:07 AM

We can just call him 'Jarkid' for the moment, fair more apt at present and saves us all having to recite THAT name!

w3design
19-03-2015, 07:33 AM
We can just call him 'Jarkid' for the moment, fair more apt at present and saves us all having to recite THAT name!

Or, we could just call him Hamilton.....:)

F'scary
19-03-2015, 09:25 AM

Besides playing well, can someone please refresh me as to the crimes the Jarmans committed against the Western Bulldogs?

F'scary
19-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Or, we could just call him Hamilton.....:)

Might be the best idea since there seems to be a fair bit of Hatfields and McCoys going on here.

But there goes the marketing strategy...we don't need one of those, do we?

azabob
19-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Besides playing well, can someone please refresh me as to the crimes the Jarmans committed against the Western Bulldogs?

Same crime he committed against your ex mob in 1997. Just played well at the wrong time for us.

Sedat
19-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Can't wait till he puts a bit more meat on the bones and starts to glide through the traffic as if he is the only one with the green light...just like his uncles did.
Hopefully he doesn't put on quite as much meat as Uncle Darren:

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/10/03/1226157/581839-slowdown-jarman.jpg

F'scary
19-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Same crime he committed against your ex mob in 1997. Just played well at the wrong time for us.

That is what I thought :). Well, fingers crossed, this young Hamilton, with his Jarman face, rump, running style and instinctive moves, will do the same again...BUT THIS TIME IT WILL BE FOR US!!!

stefoid
19-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Understand...but remember, this is *our* Jarman.

To some of us, thats sounds like 'our hitler'

F'scary
19-03-2015, 12:35 PM
To some of us, thats sounds like 'our hitler'

sorry for offending your sensibilities. :)

KT31
19-03-2015, 11:40 PM

If in a couple of years he has a quarter purple patch and puts us into a Granny, I will be very happy.

Twodogs
20-03-2015, 12:37 PM
If in a couple of years he has a quarter purple patch and puts us into a Granny, I will be very happy.

Especially if he slots the winner against Adelaide.

Go_Dogs
21-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Some interesting observations in the OP.

It seems like he and Dale will perhaps take the most time to demand selection due to their need for physical development before being able to withstand the rigors of senior AFL footy, but both have shown glimpses that demonstrate why they were selected.

Hopefully Hamilton can have a consistent year in the VFL side and then begin looking for senior opportunity from 2016 onwards.