PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Tale: great, must-see short video with Bob

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 10:04 PM
http://bit.ly/BobsTale

Just saw this on Twitter. Recommended viewing boys and girls.

Hotdog60
09-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Loved every minute of that...

AndrewP6
09-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Play this before every home game. "I've relished it. I've loved it". Perhaps send a copy to Ryan Griffen.

Incredible stuff. So rapt this guy finally gets the accolades.

jazzadogs
09-04-2015, 11:28 PM
What a special person to have at our football club. I'm sure his passion can be matched by others, but the poetic way he speaks about the club is second to none.

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 11:38 PM
Loved it. Even brought a tear to the eye as Bob was nearly doing during the doco.

bornadog
09-04-2015, 11:38 PM
Loved every minute of that...

Me too, he is such a great bloke.

SonofScray
09-04-2015, 11:41 PM
Awesome. He really gets it. Going to hold his group in good stead I think.

Saw myself at 38 seconds making my way into the ground too.

Smads57
09-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Easy to see why he is such a fan favourite....

jeemak
09-04-2015, 11:55 PM
Loved it.

It's funny how our club has transitioned through captains these past few years. Bob was always a sentimental, but lesser resort when Boyd and Griffen were given the chance to lead the club in most circles. Sliding doors, I wonder if things might be a bit different if we put him in after Johnno and waited for the next six to ten year captain to come along.

whythelongface
10-04-2015, 12:02 AM
One of the true legends of our club.

LostDoggy
10-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Was brilliant. "The Tigers can wait until tomorrow" as he walks hand in hand with his daughter. We are so lucky to have him.

always right
10-04-2015, 12:51 AM
Amazing player.....amazing person......amazing ambassador for our club. I actually see a bit of Bob in Jake Stringer.

The club really needs to find a way to keep him involved when he retires......number 1 ticket holder would be a good start.

ratsmac
10-04-2015, 02:22 AM
What a top bloke. He talks about the club like a die hard supporter and not just the club he plays footy for and earning a living. It's touching to hear a player talk with such passion about our club that we the supporter grew up loving. Some players (e.g former #16) couldn't care less about the club they play for and just want to bleed them for as much as they can.

Bob Murphy is bulldog through and through!

Scorlibo
10-04-2015, 02:49 AM
There've been better players, but surely he's the best BULLDOG we've had.

Go_Dogs
10-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Watched this last night, great insight.

Bob is incredibly passionate about the club, we're so lucky to have him. We've decided be well with a lot of positive media lately, great stuff.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 09:47 AM
If winning, key massive signings and joining what Bob is talking about... If that doesn't make you join even as a 3 game member, then find another team with some respect. How can you not be a member (if money isn't an issue).

Maddog37
10-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Loved that video. Nearly teared up!

Bob has such integrity and an openness that draws you in. Sharing a moment with his daughter with us is a significant gesture that I'm not sure he even fully recognises.

Hopefully our younger players aspire to be someone like Bob when they grow up. It's strange to think that he may have never been captain if not for Griffs hissy fit and yet it now seems like the most natural thing in the world. If there is something special growing at the Doggies then more and more I feel it's Bobs fingerprints on the fertiliser can.

Cometh the moment, cometh the man.

BulldogBelle
10-04-2015, 11:12 AM
There've been better players, but surely he's the best BULLDOG we've had.

Yep, certainly agree with this. He is the absolute embodiment of the Bulldogs spirit. Much in the same way Archer is revered at the shinboners.

Ozza
10-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Captivating viewing. Loved it. Can't wait to see more.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-04-2015, 01:23 PM
Great video.

Almost has to be the-e favourite Son of the West now.

Mofra
10-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Such a good video. Just the amount of care he has for the club and how candid he is about being at the end of his career

BulldogBelle
10-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Captain Bob, the complete Bulldog.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Captain Bob, the complete Bulldog.

Got to get him to 300 games next year. The Legend's Club - EJ, Douglas, Bubba, Westy, Turtle and Johno. I so want want Bob to be in that club.

Ozza
10-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Got to get him to 300 games next year. The Legend's Club - EJ, Douglas, Bubba, Westy, Turtle and Johno. I so want want Bob to be in that club.

I know older players can get injured and/or fall off the cliff pretty quickly...however, watching Bob on Saturday night, with the pace and agility he still has - he seems to be the type who could play on at a very high level for at least 2-3 more years. He will still be the player the defensive forward goes to for quite some time.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 05:02 PM
I know older players can get injured and/or fall off the cliff pretty quickly...however, watching Bob on Saturday night, with the pace and agility he still has - he seems to be the type who could play on at a very high level for at least 2-3 more years. He will still be the player the defensive forward goes to for quite some time.

3 years, he'll break the record... use your imagination.... Bob runs onto the ground in the record breaking game. EJ Jnr flicks it to Dougie, Dougie handballs to Grant, Grant onto Johno and then handballed to Bob.... Amazing! (I like using my imagination some times).

bornadog
10-04-2015, 05:04 PM
3 years, he'll break the record... use your imagination.... Bob runs onto the ground in the record breaking game. EJ Jnr flicks it to Dougie, Dougie handballs to Grant, Grant onto Johno and then handballed to Bob.... Amazing! (I like using my imagination some times).

Why not, Fletcher about to turn 40 and play his 400th game in round 7.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Why not, Fletcher about to turn 40 and play his 400th game in round 7.

For sure. Although Fletcher should've had it by now. he's been suspended 30 games or so hasn't he?

Ozza
10-04-2015, 05:18 PM
For sure. Although Fletcher should've had it by now. he's been suspended 30 games or so hasn't he?

And dropped/rested this week.

1eyedog
10-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Amazing that he wasn't made captain after Matty Boyd. I'm surprised Macca didn't acknowledge Bob, knowing what an amazing person and club man he is - he should have been recognised earlier. Macca of all people, having seen Harley and then Ling at Geelong, should have known that it is the best club men and not necessarily the best player that makes the best leaders. I'm sure Griffon didn't put his hand up so am assuming Macca put it to him but really Macca should have thought harder about the decision and allocated the job to a better person and better club man. I thought he was supposed to be a good judge of people but this was one of his misses.

The bulldog tragician
10-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Superb. The last scenes with Frankie...how could you not shed a tear?

Mofra
10-04-2015, 07:19 PM
If he slows down next year he's still a capable forward as well remember. Murph losing a yard of pace is still a Gia-like super-sub.

Doggy
10-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Easy to see why he is such a fan favourite....

Not just Bulldog fans either.
Everyone likes Bob

Daughter of the West
11-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Amazing that he wasn't made captain after Matty Boyd. I'm surprised Macca didn't acknowledge Bob, knowing what an amazing person and club man he is - he should have been recognised earlier. Macca of all people, having seen Harley and then Ling at Geelong, should have known that it is the best club men and not necessarily the best player that makes the best leaders. I'm sure Griffon didn't put his hand up so am assuming Macca put it to him but really Macca should have thought harder about the decision and allocated the job to a better person and better club man. I thought he was supposed to be a good judge of people but this was one of his misses.

As Bob said though, he felt that now was his time to step up and that he'd never had a burning passion to be captain. Timing is everything with these things, but goddamn it I am so glad that Bob is our captain here and now.

And yes I did tear up, much to the bemusement of hubby. Bob is, hands down, my favourite Bulldog of all time. That guys has red, white and blue blood cells running through his veins. And it was even sweeter to watch this after beating Richmond today!

The bulldog tragician
11-04-2015, 09:10 PM
I thought I heard boos directed at Bob today. Is this possible??

azabob
11-04-2015, 09:12 PM

I didnt hear anything and i was down the Richmond cheer squad end.

Max469
12-04-2015, 12:29 AM

I didn't hear anything and I was in Richmond members area. This made the win so so much sweeter. Love beating the tiges.

KT31
19-04-2015, 03:35 AM
Great video, I loved every minute of it.
The passion just oozes from his narrative and I can only imagine what it would be like for him to address you before a game.
I was an advocate for Griff but if Bobbies passion and leadership was known by the previous Staff it baffles me as to why they just didn't go with him.

FrediKanoute
19-04-2015, 04:03 AM
Right man for the job. Guy who bleeds red white and blue!