PDA

View Full Version : Everitt's long term future

Dry Rot
17-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Consensus here is that Williams is best suited to CHB, Harris to FB, McDougall as a defender.

Where does that leave Everritt in the long term?

Mofra
17-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Our next "quarterback" possibly. He is already one of the best kicks in the side, can mark, run, tack on opponents and important will be able to play tall when required.

I'm thinking perhaps a tall Gilbee type or a Hargrave mark 2 - taller, quicker, better kick, however with less mongrel.

LostDoggy
17-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Half backer / back pocket / wing.....running defender, a pivotal creator of the play from the backline to the centre line, occasional ruck, ruck-rover duties, along the lines of Adam Goodes. Possibly in place of Hargrave who doesn't do enough of the contested ball. Or McDougall who seems to get himself out of position at times and I don't know if he would be in the starting 22 if we are a top 4 side. Williams? Gets lost at times. Has a lot to learn, so let's not expect too much too soon. A Chris Grant he is not (well, not yet!). Will develop, but I think we will have to be patient given that he also requires experience in reading the play.

Go_Dogs
17-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Wing/forward/running back/midfielder. At the moment, any could be his best long term position. He's a tall utility whose got fantastic skills, is an excellent mover, and makes good decisions. Give him a couple of years for his body to develop, after that we'll have a better idea of his long term position.

Dogs 24/7
17-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Consensus here is that Williams is best suited to CHB, Harris to FB, McDougall as a defender.

I'm not worried about where the others will play because it won't shape the position that Everitt eventually fills. He will be good enough to command a few positions I would have thought.

FrediKanoute
18-11-2007, 01:04 PM
As a number 11 pick in a superdraft, I would expect the guy to be more than a HBF. For that matter I'd expect the guy to not end up as a backman, but to move into the middle or forward line. Not putting pressure on the guy but to me he is a James Hird clone in terms of build and ability.

Mantis
18-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Wing/forward/running back/midfielder. At the moment, any could be his best long term position. He's a tall utility whose got fantastic skills, is an excellent mover, and makes good decisions. Give him a couple of years for his body to develop, after that we'll have a better idea of his long term position.

Yeah agree, let him play where he wants and where it suits us. Would love for him to spend some time playing on a wing next year, his marking and disposal could be a great asset in this position.

As you have suggested would wait for a couple of years before he fills out to find where he is best suited.

dog town
18-11-2007, 01:43 PM
If you were forced to make a call on him you would have to say he shapes as primarily a tall running defender. The fact that he has already played very well on a wing is very encouraging and shows that he certainly wont be a one trick pony. I think his reading of the play, height, mobility and underrated courage make him a very good candidate to be an attacking key defender. He was brilliant in patches on the wing this year so obviously he might develop more down that sort of line as well.

The game is changing and evelving so quickly that it s just hard to know what new roles or styles of play will be required which is what makes it pretty hard to make these calls on players. I dont think he will be a forward at this stage but I said the same about Rob Murphy. Would be interesting to see him operate in the centre square just to see what his skills are like in that area.

LostDoggy
18-11-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't think that players in the modern game have a great enough effect on the outcome of the match whilst they are playing on the wing, i would like to see him play more in the backline this year and just see how he goes.

LostDoggy
18-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't think that players in the modern game have a great enough effect on the outcome of the match whilst they are playing on the wing, i would like to see him play more in the backline this year and just see how he goes.

Who's spot would he take in defense?

Mantis
18-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Who's spot would he take in defense?

Having played the last 8 or 9 games this year I don't think he will be taking anyone's spot. In saying that I think Andrejs will be competing for a position with the other mid/ tall defenders in the team so I guess that means Morris, Hargrave, Williams, Harris, Wight and McDougall.

LostDoggy
18-11-2007, 10:31 PM
He definetly beats Mc Dougall and Wight who have been in the system for much longer then he has.

LostDoggy
21-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Back when Everitt was drafted know one was certain that Williams would ever play again so i think that drafting Everitt was a back up plan if the Williams project failed. Now that Williams is up and playing at CHB we have the luxury of trying Everitt in different positions.

I think for the time being he is best suited to a back flank but in a couple of years i wouldnt mind seeing him move onto a wing where he could use his height and talent to good use. He could even develop into a relief ruckman.

LostDoggy
21-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Why couldnt Everitt, after a few years on the weights, become a mobile chf. He has a good set of hands, reads the game well, nice kick.

hujsh
21-11-2007, 05:22 PM

I think it will be Williams that goes to CHF. That leaves

Morris,Harris,Hargreave
Gilbee,Everitt,Addison
if he doesnt fill out Then Doogs to CHB but his best position is bench then filling holes as a utility like the last years of grant

Mantis
21-11-2007, 06:24 PM
I think it will be Williams that goes to CHF. That leaves

Morris,Harris,Hargreave
Gilbee,Everitt,Addison
if he doesnt fill out Then Doogs to CHB but his best position is bench then filling holes as a utility like the last years of grant

I know its just hearsay, but with that line-up you still have Hargrave or Morris playing on the 3rd tall forward. If we have learnt anything in the past it is that they can't continue to play 'tall', it just doesn't work.

LostDoggy
21-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Prefer Cameron Wight before 'Doogs'. Wight looks a bit bigger in the pic on dogs website

bornadog
21-11-2007, 06:49 PM
I have heard talk about Everitt as a future CHF once he puts on a bit of muscle. He is still 18 years old and a long way to go.