PDA

View Full Version : The Bont copped some heat

Mitcha
27-04-2015, 09:23 AM
It was obvious today that the Bont was targeted for some "special attention" from the Crows and that is not surprising. I was wondering if anyone else saw what I think I saw. At one point it looked as though Bont was pinballed into Rory Sloane and the commentators made that point, but go back and watch what happens after Bont hit the deck. It looked as though Walker I think it was, accidently "landed" on Bont elbow first. Interested if anyone else caught it?

Ozza
27-04-2015, 09:34 AM
I didn't see the Walker elbow drop. But Bonti certainly got belted from pillar to post at stoppages all day by Scott Thompson.

ReLoad
27-04-2015, 09:38 AM
the thing i really liked about him, was the very few seconds he wasn't given special attention he made them pay. the guy is a gun. for a second year player to do what he did in some of those packs today was immense.

When Libba comes back and allows him to be a more outside mid he will get even more terrifying.

I'm pretty certain he is a Jedi. dunno any other way to explain it.

Mantis
27-04-2015, 09:59 AM
I didn't see the Walker elbow drop. But Bonti certainly got belted from pillar to post at stoppages all day by Scott Thompson.

He did, but he handled it well and never stopped trying to burst through the packs.

It would be nice to have some 'older/ more mature' types in the middle to give some protection, but the kids seem to be standing up to well at present.. but I think it will take a toll as the season progresses.

1eyedog
27-04-2015, 10:00 AM
the thing i really liked about him, was the very few seconds he wasn't given special attention he made them pay. the guy is a gun. for a second year player to do what he did in some of those packs today was immense.

When Libba comes back and allows him to be a more outside mid he will get even more terrifying.

With Libba out Wally is Bont's best ally and allows him to play more outside. Wally has been sensational so far and I'm hoping he comes back in sooner rather than later.

always right
27-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Don't think this is an issue for Bonts. Seemed to relish the physical stuff and didn't take a backward step. He's a big boy with great self confidence.

Ozza
27-04-2015, 10:17 AM
He did, but he handled it well and never stopped trying to burst through the packs.

It would be nice to have some 'older/ more mature' types in the middle to give some protection, but the kids seem to be standing up to well at present.. but I think it will take a toll as the season progresses.

Agree that it will take its toll.
It will be interesting to see how the entire side is faring later on in the year.
For that reason I hope we keep rotating the younger players not only through the side, but through different positions.

LostDoggy
27-04-2015, 10:58 AM
What I am loving the most about this new-look Bulldogs side is the lack of pressure on them to perform out of their skins. After last week we could've easily come out all conservative and contested-ball-focused but we didn't. We are just enjoying our football and playing footloose and fancy free. And Bont, to me, is the epitome of this: he is experiencing a level of adoration, media hype and ultimately pressure to perform that is rare for his age, and he is handling it like he doesn't have a care in the world, he keeps bustling and busting through every barrier placed in his way.

Watching him run, just his attitude towards the contest, reminds me of Jonah Lomu. He just backs himself 100% to get through.

Twodogs
27-04-2015, 11:28 AM
What I am loving the most about this new-look Bulldogs side is the lack of pressure on them to perform out of their skins. After last week we could've easily come out all conservative and contested-ball-focused but we didn't. We are just enjoying our football and playing footloose and fancy free. And Bont, to me, is the epitome of this: he is experiencing a level of adoration, media hype and ultimately pressure to perform that is rare for his age, and he is handling it like he doesn't have a care in the world, he keeps bustling and busting through every barrier placed in his way.

Watching him run, just his attitude towards the contest, reminds me of Jonah Lomu. He just backs himself 100% to get through.

That's such a good comparison. The Bont and Jonah Lomu are very similar in their playing styles.

He is better than some of the Jona Lewies we've picked up with low draft choices in the past. :)

dukedog
29-04-2015, 10:53 PM

Sure ive had a couple of spiced rums. But that right there. I pissed myself. Perfect analogy.
Keep bringin the gold ReLoad!

LostDoggy
29-04-2015, 11:58 PM
I hope we can finally work out what his nickname is , so far the media have jumped on Bonti , The Bont and inside the Club its Fooch

Maybe you can combine the two which would be The Bontiff - watching him slice and dice through three opponents more than a few people said Holy Falcon Sheet , it's quickly becoming a religious experience watching him play that's for sure

Sedat
30-04-2015, 12:48 AM
He is better than some of the Jona Lewies we've picked up with low draft choices in the past. :)
Did you always find him in the kitchen at parties? ;)

wb_age
30-04-2015, 04:01 AM
Don't mess with the Bont

http://cdn.makeagif.com/save/mr5Clq

Twodogs
30-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Don't mess with the Bont

Certainly don't turn him into a wrecking ball!

LostDoggy
30-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Don't mess with the Bont

Then he gets up and just continues the awesome. Unstoppable.

westdog54
30-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Then he gets up and just continues the awesome. Unstoppable.

I wonder if there's a record for "most games played without being caught holding the ball"?

Fewch will surely break it before his career is out. He's almost untacklable.

And yes Twodogs, I'm aware that's not a word.

Go_Dogs
30-04-2015, 08:55 AM
That clearly shows Taylor Walker losing his footing over nothing and falling elbow first into Bont's face...

The Bont is becoming an incredibly well rounded player, capable all across the field. He's going to continue to cop a lot of attention, so hopefully he can get a bit of support from others around the ball working over whoever is trying to hurt him.

He's going to love playing with Libba.

Twodogs
30-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I wonder if there's a record for "most games played without being caught holding the ball"?

Fewch will surely break it before his career is out. He's almost untacklable.

And yes Twodogs, I'm aware that's not a word.

Hang on, that's not a...damn!

To answer your original question I reckon I saw almost every one of Michael MacLean's games at Footscray and never saw him got pinged for DTB or even successfully tackled. So that's 95 games for a start.