PDA

View Full Version : Sharing the load

whythelongface
28-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Under the new game plan that Beveridge has implemented there certainly seems to be a lot more emphasis in sharing the load amongst the players. Looking at the some of the stats from our games, with the exception of the game against Hawthorn, there are 7 to 8 players with 20 disposals or more per game (and with only two 30 plus possession games in this lot). In the tackling stats there are between 6 to 8 players per game (again with the exception of Hawthorn) making 5 tackles or more per game.

These stats really show the emphasis of a team oriented approach and a significant amount of rotation through the midfield. There is no real standout player at present (except for Dahlhaus based on stats alone). There of course other team oriented indicators which don't have stats attached to them which are being applied, such as defensive pressure ; dropping back and plugging holes; shepherding; running to space and creating options; creating a contest etc. There is no measure for these indicators but from the game plan you can see that these are critical to the performance of the team.

These are all really good signs about a developing list where the emphasis is solely on a team oriented approach rather than one that is based on a few individuals carrying the load.

V WCE

Disposals

Boyd 33
Macrae 31
Wallis 24
Jong 24
JJ 22
Dahl 22
Bonts 22
Crameri 22

Tackles

Morris 10
Bonts 10
Dahl 9
Honeychurch 7
Minson 7
Goodes 7
Jong 7
Wallis 7

v Richmond

Disposals

Bonts 27
Wallis 26
Macrae 26
Boyd 25
Murph 24
Dahl 23
Wood 20

Tackles

Bonts 10
Dahl 8
Honeychurch 6
Picken 6
Wallis 5
Jong 5
Minson 5

v Hawthorn

Disposals

Dahl 29
Talia 27
Jong 23
Murph 24

Tackles

Grant 6
Jong 6
Dahl 5

v Adelaide

Disposals

Picken 29
Macrae 28
Boyd 28
Dahl 27
Stevens 26
JJ 25
Murph 25
Talia 23
Jong 21
Hrovat 20

Tackles

Bonts 7
Macrae 7
Stevens 7
Dahl 6
Crameri 5
Grant 5

Ozza
29-04-2015, 04:29 PM
I know this is a thread about spreading the load - but can't help but acknowledge how impressive it is that Bonti has been our leading (or equal leading) tackler in all three matches he's played.

Love that our most elite talent has some blue collar about him.

ratsmac
29-04-2015, 07:18 PM
I know this is a thread about spreading the load - but can't help but acknowledge how impressive it is that Bonti has been our leading (or equal leading) tackler in all three matches he's played.

Love that our most elite talent has some blue collar about him.

It's a great stat for The Bont isn't it. Sometimes good players are have the stigma of being either an outside or inside player only and not that good at the opposite, but not our Bont. He does both better than most.

Mofra
30-04-2015, 05:17 PM
He does both better than most.
Every single week he gets a handball away whilst being tackled that no mortal human being has any right to achieve.

If I was an opposition coach I'd be demanded he be tested for alien DNA.