PDA

View Full Version : Lin and Teddy - different players from different eras

LostDoggy
01-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Lin Jong's development up to his current level has been a revelation considering he started playing football at 15yo , as it stands now he is pencilled in on the Team Sheet and will stay there unless he is injured . Its a credit to Lin's family and the Club for all the support they have given him during the 3 years on the Rookie List , and its a credit to Lin for pushing through the tough times to establish himself as one of the emerging elite midfielders . Comparing Lin and Teddy is a big ask , or is it . At 21yo Lin is taller and heavier than Teddy was when he started ( 18yo ) , the Footscray legend had natural abilities and skills and was an elite kick on both sides , Lin's skills have been built around his speed and power , different players from different eras . Four games into the 2015 season and Lin is averaging 20 disposals , his workrate either in close , off the ground or in open play is hard for the opposition to shut down . With Liberatore out for the season and now Wallis out we have needed Lin to shoulder some of the hard work at the coal face , and he done his share and more . Barring serious injury he will play for another 10 years , we are all proud of what he achieved so far and the journey has only just begun
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lin+Jong+AFL+Rd+4+Western+Bulldogs+v+Adelaide+d3jVMiwMJQjx.j pg
Source: Michael Dodge/Getty Images AsiaPacific

bulldogtragic
01-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Love the pic! I'm not sure he will be adorned in bronze at WO when he retires, but I'm enjoying his rise.

comrade
01-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Love the pic! I'm not sure he will be adorned in bronze at WO when he retires, but I'm enjoying his rise.

If he's the Norm Smith medallist in our drought breaking premiership, he can have a statue in my front yard if he likes.

On the plaque: LINSANITY

HOSE B ROMERO
01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Very Linteresting.;)

Doc26
01-05-2015, 10:56 PM
If he's the Norm Smith medallist in our drought breaking premiership, he can have a statue in my front yard if he likes.

And following our back to back year it would read BiLingual

Twodogs
02-05-2015, 01:00 AM

I'll stand in my front yard wearing a #46 jumper if he steers us to a AFL premiership the way he powered Footscray to the VFL premiership last year.

stefoid
02-05-2015, 01:13 AM
And following our back to back year it would read BiLingual

Arent you a bunch of cunning Linguists.

boydogs
02-05-2015, 01:39 AM
Comparing Lin and Teddy is a big ask , or is it

Yeah it is mate. Lin's not in our best 6 players in our current team, let alone our best of all time

Happy Days
02-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Lin Jong's development up to his current level has been a revelation considering he started playing football at 15yo , as it stands now he is pencilled in on the Team Sheet and will stay there unless he is injured . Its a credit to Lin's family and the Club for all the support they have given him during the 3 years on the Rookie List , and its a credit to Lin for pushing through the tough times to establish himself as one of the emerging elite midfielders . Comparing Lin and Teddy is a big ask , or is it . At 21yo Lin is taller and heavier than Teddy was when he started ( 18yo ) , the Footscray legend had natural abilities and skills and was an elite kick on both sides , Lin's skills have been built around his speed and power , different players from different eras . Four games into the 2015 season and Lin is averaging 20 disposals , his workrate either in close , off the ground or in open play is hard for the opposition to shut down . With Liberatore out for the season and now Wallis out we have needed Lin to shoulder some of the hard work at the coal face , and he done his share and more . Barring serious injury he will play for another 10 years , we are all proud of what he achieved so far and the journey has only just begun
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lin+Jong+AFL+Rd+4+Western+Bulldogs+v+Adelaide+d3jVMiwMJQjx.j pg

Come on man.

Hotdog60
02-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I can't see Lin getting Mike Brady to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUAF9sokWX4

LostDoggy
02-05-2015, 12:11 PM
I am not making a direct comparison between Lin and Teddy , I more focused on the 3 years leading up to this point for Lin and the 3 years from 18yo to 21yo for Teddy , as the title says - different players from different eras . We all know what happened to Teddy from 21 till the end of his career , and we are looking forward to seeing how Lin grows and develops as a person and a player from this point on