PDA

View Full Version : Swans vs Dogs - previous outings

HOSE B ROMERO
02-05-2015, 11:18 AM
I did intend to post these memories earlier in the week but here they are anyway.

1990 SCG. I think it was round two. Granty playing his second game and Leon Cameron, his first. Leon was probably our best kick we've ever had but his first kick was a real scrubber.
Anyway we had never beaten Sydney at the SCG. Many times i had sat down in front of the tv only to be on end of another thrashing. But finally this time we nailed them. It was actually the first game i recorded on VHS and i still have that grainy old tape!

Circa 1991 At the Western Oval. Played in appalling conditions, both teams battled it out all day resulting in a draw. I think they were locked on 35 points. My only memory of the match is that the siren sounded with Justin Charles on his hands and knees exhausted.

Qualifying final 1997 - We won this one by 35 points but it was the way we came out of the blocks kicking 9 goals to zip in the first quarter. We certainly made hay while the sun shone that day. As i watched from the old Olympic stand (favourite haunt), i had one of the moments when you think 'this is what a great day at the footy is all about; winning a final surrounded by all the red, white and blue'.

Look forward to any other memories from fellow woofers!

Twodogs
02-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I did intend to post these memories earlier in the week but here they are anyway.

1990 SCG. I think it was round two. Granty playing his second game and Leon Cameron, his first. Leon was probably our best kick we've ever had but his first kick was a real scrubber.
Anyway we had never beaten Sydney at the SCG. Many times i had sat down in front of the tv only to be on end of another thrashing. But finally this time we nailed them. It was actually the first game i recorded on VHS and i still have that grainy old tape!

Circa 1991 At the Western Oval. Played in appalling conditions, both teams battled it out all day resulting in a draw. I think they were locked on 35 points. My only memory of the match is that the siren sounded with Justin Charles on his hands and knees exhausted.

Qualifying final 1997 - We won this one by 35 points but it was the way we came out of the blocks kicking 9 goals to zip in the first quarter. We certainly made hay while the sun shone that day. As i watched from the old Olympic stand (favourite haunt), i had one of the moments when you think 'this is what a great day at the footy is all about; winning a final surrounded by all the red, white and blue'.

Look forward to any other memories from fellow woofers!

My old mobile phone rang at quarter time time that day. I remember it suprised me because very few people had the number, I'd only had the phone a few weeks. Anyway it was a friend I'd given the number to the day before."mate, when we die and go to heaven this is exactly what it will be like"

bornadog
02-05-2015, 01:40 PM
My old mobile phone rang at quarter time time that day. I remember it suprised me because very few people had the number, I'd only had the phone a few weeks. Anyway it was a friend I'd given the number to the day before."mate, when we die and go to heaven this is exactly what it will be like"

I remember that day well as I was an expat in Singapore and my wife insisted on going shopping and I was really not happy. Anyway, I sat in the car while she shopped and I had my short wave radio. I sat there in disbelief of the scoreline at quarter time and wishing I was there watching live.

Twodogs
02-05-2015, 02:24 PM
I remember that day well as I was an expat in Singapore and my wife insisted on going shopping and I was really not happy. Anyway, I sat in the car while she shopped and I had my short wave radio. I sat there in disbelief of the scoreline at quarter time and wishing I was there watching live.

It was a pretty awesome day at the footy. You got back in time for the best one last year thoughr:cool: