PDA

View Full Version : It needs its own thread

bulldogtragic
02-05-2015, 09:12 PM
No, not the rediculous match winning goal from Wood.

Wood's one handed pick up of a wet and heavy footy at full speed between two Sydney players in the def 50 with 8 seconds to go to win the game. Most spectacular skill demonstrated when we needed it. So spectacular it deserves its own thread.

Pickenitup
02-05-2015, 09:17 PM
I Love Easton Wood

F'scary
02-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Is Wood, is Good.

Eastdog
02-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Honeychurch impressed me today.

Smads57
02-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Was thinking the same thing when watching the game.....great work by Wood

1eyedog
02-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Come a long way. Always keeps his feet because he is so strong through the hips and has great balance. I thought he was close to BOG because he had such a big say in the end result at both ends of the ground. Super player and I've always been a big fan.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Truly Western, Easton.

westdog54
02-05-2015, 10:29 PM
No, not the rediculous match winning goal from Wood.

Wood's one handed pick up of a wet and heavy footy at full speed between two Sydney players in the def 50 with 8 seconds to go to win the game. Most spectacular skill demonstrated when we needed it. So spectacular it deserves its own thread.

There are players that can't do that under the roof at Docklands. Easton did it in the wet, legs burning with fatigue, 2 opponents on his hammer, at a critical moment of the game.

Doesn't get much more clutch than that.

Greystache
02-05-2015, 10:34 PM
I have Easton Wood!

Eastdog
02-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Honeychurch impressed me today.

Sorry back to the thread yes Wood was really good today.

boydogs
02-05-2015, 11:02 PM
It was a great pick up, but even better was the composure with his disposal. He could have tried to snap it back over his head or handball it front of himself, but he kept his head and handballed back infront of JJ who had just enough time to get it on to Boyd before being tackled by 3 Sydney players

This was shortly after busting through a pack and knocking it out our way, and kicking a goal from further above the ground than any other goal I've ever seen

LostDoggy
02-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Wood's Leo Barry moment.

EasternWest
02-05-2015, 11:44 PM
I have Easton Wood!

Hey that's inappropr.... Ah stuff it, I'll allow it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-05-2015, 11:45 PM
How far has he come? I remember when his biggest highlight was when he was on the receiving end of a Lenny Hayes monster tackle. The fact that today he had the poise to make the right decision, and not try to take the swan tackler on, and then got the execution perfect shows how far he has grown as a .footballer.
Only a short few moments earlier he kicks the winning goal with a mid air kick on the goal line. Then in the final moments he's now gut run back into defense and saved the game with that great pick up and deft handball to JJ.
Kudos to him for elevating his game to a new standard, which quite a few of his team mates have also done.

bornadog
03-05-2015, 01:12 AM
I honestly thought Swans were going to goal in the dying seconds, but Wood killed it off.

GVGjr
03-05-2015, 07:17 AM
I honestly thought Swans were going to goal in the dying seconds, but Wood killed it off.

As BAS said, it was Wood's Leo Barry moment.

SonofScray
03-05-2015, 11:33 AM
He was immense in those dying moments, now his hamstring injuries seem to have settled he is finally getting the opportunity to play at the level we need from him. Personified the character of our Club with that refusal to yield, gut running to deny Sydney their moment.

SlimPickens
03-05-2015, 11:44 AM
Second time Easton has made a great defensive play in the wet. Think Tippett was on the field that day as well!

boydogs
03-05-2015, 02:12 PM

It really was a credible threat. Wood was all that stood between us and 2 Sydney players running the ball down to the goalsquare and stealing the game

LostDoggy
03-05-2015, 02:33 PM
How far has he come? I remember when his biggest highlight was when he was on the receiving end of a Lenny Hayes monster tackle. The fact that today he had the poise to make the right decision, and not try to take the swan tackler on, and then got the execution perfect shows how far he has grown as a .footballer.
Only a short few moments earlier he kicks the winning goal with a mid air kick on the goal line. Then in the final moments he's now gut run back into defense and saved the game with that great pick up and deft handball to JJ.
Kudos to him for elevating his game to a new standard, which quite a few of his team mates have also done.

So Wood has run from the backline to our goal line and then run all the way back to defend? in the final minutes of a physically demanding game and conditions, this is the type of effort that got us over the line.

Bulldog Joe
03-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Second time Easton has made a great defensive play in the wet. Think Tippett was on the field that day as well!
Yes indeed. Against Adelaide in 2010 at Football Park. Beat Tippett in a one on one to save the game.

Pretty sure he won't get the award but his goal should be goal of the year or even the century.

Nobody without an athletic background could comprehend just how difficult it was to jump so high while retaining balance and poise to effect the second action of the actual kick.

But yes, I do agree that his defensive efforts (and not just the last play) were simply outstanding.

Ozza
04-05-2015, 12:47 AM

Indeed slim.

Also, not in the wet, but under the Etihad roof last year v Collingwood, he kept his feet in a crucial play and kicked to Bonti before he found Tutty for the sealer. But it started with Wood's poise and balance.

He's got a great temperament for the big moments.

Back to the OP. The pick up was extraordinary. A fumble looked a likely Gary Rohan goal.

Sedat
04-05-2015, 11:26 AM
He was also on hand to rush a point with Adam Goodes bearing down on him in the last couple of minutes of the 1st semi final in 2010, which we ended up winning by less than a kick. That remains one of the most underrated wins that I've seen from a Dogs team, after being 5 goals down just before half time, injury depleted and being completely bereft of confidence in the weeks leading up to that match.