bornadog
03-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Peter Gordon - Sunday Footy Show - Channel 9

Bob Murphy - 3AW around 12.20

Mathew Boyd - SEN 12.25

Bevo MMM footy 1.20

Go_Dogs
03-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm interstate, so would appreciate any snippets others can provide.

bornadog
03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm interstate, so would appreciate any snippets others can provide.

If you have a chance you can listen to the radio through the media.

ledge
03-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Well hutchy couldn't help talking about the off season which Peter got sick of and politely asked him to talk about our season so far.

LostDoggy
03-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Well hutchy couldn't help talking about the off season which Peter got sick of and politely asked him to talk about our season so far.

The majority of the media are still focussed on where we were in 2014 / start of 2015 and not on what has been achieved by the Club in building for the future , in the next two games if we knock off the Saints and Fremantle and go 6 -1, well I have to assume the media will try to pretend they were with us from the beginning and that the "cold shoulder" they gave us Pre-Season / NAB Cup and Round 1 and 2 was just based on their "professional opinion" , it will be interesting to hear which section of the media now starts to compare us to the 93 Bombers

bornadog
03-05-2015, 07:34 PM

Interesting when PG mentioned it was Darcy who suggested we interview Bevo.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2015, 07:45 PM
What a shite interview on channel 9 with Gordon. Couldn't talk about one positive thing, or ask anything about this year.

Ozza
04-05-2015, 12:41 AM
To capture the full story, it's fair enough to look out the full scope of where we have come from.
Hutchy has been very positive about our club for a long while now.
I didn't view the interview in a negative way.

bornadog
04-05-2015, 09:41 AM
To capture the full story, it's fair enough to look out the full scope of where we have come from.
Hutchy has been very positive about our club for a long while now.
I didn't view the interview in a negative way.

I like the way Hutchy got stuck into Lloyd about his constant criticism of the club.

Twodogs
04-05-2015, 11:18 AM
I thought it was a good interview. It was interesting to hear the Boyd story. We had asked and the reply from Boyd's management was "Are you willing to give up Ronnie Gryphin for him?" Then when Ronnie walked we were in a place to do the deal.

Bulldog4life
04-05-2015, 11:48 AM
It might have been reported somewhere else but Matty Boyd os On the Couch Tonight on Foxtel.

bornadog
04-05-2015, 12:51 PM
It might have been reported somewhere else but Matty Boyd os On the Couch Tonight on Foxtel.

Great, thank you for letting us know.

bornadog
04-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Bob Murphy - 3AW around 12.20

Mathew Boyd - SEN 12.25

Bevo MMM footy 1.20

Interviews up on: https://audioboom.com/channels/2392468

always right
04-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Watching the interview with Peter Gordon on Sunday, the biggest thing that resonated with me was his tribute to the young membership team at the club who according to Gordon were forced to endure an avalanche of calls from disgruntled bulldogs supporters when everything was going pear shaped in October last year. Imagine turning up for work each day knowing you were going to endure that sort of negativity.

I really liked how Gordon called this out as well the efforts of others around the club. We focus so much on the players...and ourselves and we need to remember what it takes to run a club when things aren't going your way.

GVGjr
04-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Robbo on Harf time gives us a great endorsement. Well worth a listen to

bornadog
04-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Interviews up on: https://audioboom.com/channels/2392468

Bevo is asked about Minson and he said he played well on Saturday and is a chance to come back in. He said Minno has been asked to do a few things differently and said players are never to old to learn.

Twodogs
04-05-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm listening to Patrick Smith on SEN.com now. Every topic seems to end up in a discussion about how great the Bulldogs are.

Sedat
04-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Fantastic interview with Matty Boyd on On The Couch tonight. Highlight was Gerard Healy not calling him Brad.

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 09:38 AM
It's too much. I need some negativity and I need it now, or I'm going to collapse into a giggling mess of tears and flag hopes.

whythelongface
05-05-2015, 11:24 AM
It's too much. I need some negativity and I need it now, or I'm going to collapse into a giggling mess of tears and flag hopes.

Can you believe all the Bulldogs love?? Wowee it's like we have been transposed to some kind of parallel universe where the Bulldog is some form of demi-god that everyone needs to worship.

Twodogs
05-05-2015, 11:29 AM

Calm blue ocean.

always right
05-05-2015, 12:37 PM
But aren't we irrelevant?

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 01:01 PM
John Elliot and Ian Collins think we are irrelevant. I wonder how they are travelling at the moment!

KT31
05-05-2015, 01:15 PM
John Elliot and Ian Collins think we are irrelevant. I wonder how they are travelling at the moment!

Who?;)

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 01:48 PM

John Elliot is firmly entrenched in the Australian business landscape of the 1980s. He's like Lindsay Fox without all the money. He's still a fairly large figure in the brewery industry but largely irrelevant everywhere else.

Axe Man
05-05-2015, 01:56 PM
If you have ever seen John Elliot on Agony on the ABC he plainly demonstrates what an absolute dinosaur he is and how far he is out of touch with modern society.

bornadog
05-05-2015, 01:58 PM
If you have ever seen John Elliot on Agony on the ABC he plainly demonstrates what an absolute dinosaur he is and how far he is out of touch with modern society.

I hate that bloke.

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Even Akermanis had something nice to say about our club when digging the boots into Brisbane!

Twodogs
05-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Even Akermanis had something nice to say about our club when digging the boots into Brisbane!

What did he say Jaytee?

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 04:52 PM
What did he say Jaytee?

STAR Lions recruit Allen Christensen and fellow small forward Josh Green are overweight and unfit, former Lion and Bulldog Jason Akermanis believes.

Green and Christensen are two of a host of Brisbane Lions struggling badly in the winless opening five rounds, and were in the crosshairs of coach Justin Leppitsch at the weekend.

Without singling anyone out, Leppitsch accused his team of not caring and said his small forward brigade was not doing its job in the wake of Saturday's 64-point loss against Gold Coast.

Akermanis, who won three premierships alongside Leppitsch and made his name as a lightning quick half-forward/midfielder, said players weren't working hard enough.

The 2001 Brownlow medallist has watched all five Lions losses and went to great lengths to not criticise his former club, but says there are some glaring deficiencies – starting with the small forwards.

"I think (Dayne) Zorko and (Lewy) Taylor look in shape, whereas Christensen and Green look a little overweight," Akermanis told AFL.com.au.

"They don't look top-notch, lean and fast - they could be a couple of kilos lighter.

"As AFL athletes you'd expect them to be on top of that. They don't physically look fit enough."

Christensen was recruited from Geelong in the off-season and following back surgery was unable to run until after Christmas.

Last season the ‘mozzie squad' of Zorko, Taylor and Green was a large reason why the Lions won six of their final 12 games.

However, Leppitsch was stinging in his criticism of the small forwards after the loss to the Suns, saying they weren't working hard enough to create turnovers - and Akermanis agreed.

Christensen, Green and Taylor have combined for an average of just seven tackles a game this season.

"As a quickish bloke, that's your asset, if you can make tackles," Akermanis said.

"When your game's not happening, to be able to run and make tackles is the most important thing.

"If you keep your fitness up … your tackling can keep you in the game. They're little things, but they add up."

Akermanis said there was another young team in the competition showing the Lions up.

"Look at the (Western) Bulldogs - they would have been in everyone's bottom four (prior to the season) - their ability to get those fanatical tackles inside forward 50 (has been great),” he said.

"At the moment they (Lions) can't make those tackles.
"If you make those tackles and your work-rate is good in there, that's how you turn it over up the field and it comes back pretty quick. But they're not even doing that.

"We're not here to sink the boot in, it's a tough job … but for something so positive last year and with some good recruiting in the off-season of some experienced players, I don't think anything's been delivered at all."

bornadog
05-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Bob Murphy will be on AFL 360 tonight

josie
05-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks woofers for keeping us updated on interviews etc.

For woofers like me with no foxtel & who miss a lot of free to air footy shows here is link to a youtube website I read about either in another woof post or on BF.

It might be a day or so's delay however Al edits so you only see the best bits i.e. the bulldog bits !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/alvideos5/videos

BornInDroopSt'54
06-05-2015, 03:17 PM

It's weird isn't it. Like people winning Tattslotto needing therapy.

bornadog
07-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Stringer on Sunday Footy Show - May 10th