PDA

View Full Version : Active Forum & Positivity

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 10:26 AM
It's quite amazing what winning can do!

Just last year (may have been the year before) I recall a thread being created regarding the inactivity of this forum and the possibility of the site closing if traffic didn't pick up. Not only was the quantity of posts very much down, the quality was also certaintly lacking with a high percentage being extremely negative or even snide little comments back and forth between posters.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but the forum wasn't really a fun place to visit during those times. The turnaround this year has been quite extraordinary though. There's always an abundance of new posts/threads to read each visit, the positivity is there for everyone to see, the discussion is top notch and the snide attacks on posters has basically vanished.

Might also take this opportunity to again thank GVGjr and the other mods for making all this possible. We clearly have some exciting times ahead and having this forum to share that excitment will make it that much more enjoyable!

1eyedog
05-05-2015, 10:38 AM
The forum has always been very special for me, win, lose or draw and I've maintained activity through it all, although sometimes I do work remote for extended periods and I'm not able to access it.

You're right though, it is amazing what a difference a winning side has on the balance of posts but that's natural. The Bulldogs are very dear to all our hearts and we suffer greatly when we are struggling, obviously everything else struggles too, such as the quality and quantity of posts on here, it's been hard to maintain a positive disposition over the past 3 years.

Here's to an extended winning streak and continued constructive and insightful dialogue between all WOOF members.

Remi Moses
05-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Hell of a lot less vitriolic towards each other and the players compared to most fan websites.
Winning will do that, but it's more constructive here than most.
There's a few on BF that you really wish didn't follow us

Eastdog
05-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Great post Jaytee. I enjoying very much this forum and thank the people who make this forum possible to speak about our great club.