PDA

View Full Version : Defeated Opposition Coaches

LostDoggy
07-05-2015, 06:00 PM
The teams that we have beaten this year I always like to watch opposition coaches press confrences to her about how imense our pressure has been and how much more of a tougher side we are to play against then the last couple of years with our much improved game style.
Alas unless I'm missing something or am not hearing right all they ever bang on about is all the fundamental mistakes their teams have made or how poor they played and how we hurt them on their poor turnovers.
HELLO BOY'S your teams skill errors were poor because of our constant pressure,harrasing and suffocating tackling.
Watch especially Lemon Face Longmires press confrence and it's all about their poor decisions which cost them the game NOT our game style that actually won it for us.

LostDoggy
07-05-2015, 06:48 PM
The teams that we have beaten this year I always like to watch opposition coaches press confrences to her about how imense our pressure has been and how much more of a tougher side we are to play against then the last couple of years with our much improved game style.
Alas unless I'm missing something or am not hearing right all they ever bang on about is all the fundamental mistakes their teams have made or how poor they played and how we hurt them on their poor turnovers.
HELLO BOY'S your teams skill errors were poor because of our constant pressure,harrasing and suffocating tackling.
Watch especially Lemon Face Longmires press confrence and it's all about their poor decisions which cost them the game NOT our game style that actually won it for us.

I got a bit peeved about Horse's presser myself, he blamed the errors by his backs that led to our string of goals in the first quarter for the loss. As if the three quarters after that meant nothing, despite them taking the lead and even the fact the game was only won because Easton.

But then I remembered we won. So who gives a shit what Horse thinks anyway?

1eyedog
07-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Listen to Phil Walsh the week before banging on about us. Pretty embarrassing for Horse to have us go up there and knock them over, although, that being said it is a bit of an indictment on himself and his team that they didn't do what was asked of them. He should have blamed the lose on us.

Cyberdoggie
08-05-2015, 01:04 AM
I got a bit peeved about Horse's presser myself, he blamed the errors by his backs that led to our string of goals in the first quarter for the loss. As if the three quarters after that meant nothing, despite them taking the lead and even the fact the game was only won because Easton.

But then I remembered we won. So who gives a shit what Horse thinks anyway?

Yeah i thought the same when i watched it. Not a lot of praise for us, more about the mistakes they made which let us win.

Daughter of the West
08-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Yeah i thought the same when i watched it. Not a lot of praise for us, more about the mistakes they made which let us win.

They're just following the Serena and Venus Williams "I Just Lost And It Was Purely My Fault" handbook.

Sedat
08-05-2015, 11:14 AM
I can sort of see where Horse is coming from - some of their skill errors in the 1st qtr (Grundy, Shaw in particular) were under little pressure and got us going. Of course we were good enough to make them pay with interest.

Mofra
08-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Coaches by nature focus on the things their team does, not the opposition.
It's a pretty basic theory - control the controllables and focus more on what you can do, not what your opponent does. Quite Sun Tzu in a way