PDA

View Full Version : Bevo is Full of Surprises

The Doctor
08-05-2015, 11:37 PM
A football academic

A superb article by one of the best feature writers of AFL.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-coach-luke-beveridge-is-full-of-surprises-20150508-ggx4jz.html

bornadog
09-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Great article, thank you for posting.

Happy Days
09-05-2015, 01:19 AM
A football academic

A superb article by one of the best feature writers of AFL.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-coach-luke-beveridge-is-full-of-surprises-20150508-ggx4jz.html

When Peter Roebuck passed someone on here made the comment that football lacks a quintessential writer. I believe Flanagan is that writer.

jeemak
09-05-2015, 03:12 AM
When Peter Roebuck passed someone on here made the comment that football lacks a quintessential writer. I believe Flanagan is that writer.

Yeah, I agree. Flanagan went up his own arse a bit though a few years back (only slightly), but he seems to have come back to earth a little these past two or three years.

As and aside, I do miss Roebuck's geekiness, and I think it's been missed these past two summers as a counter to the blokey crap you get in cricket these days.

Happy Days
09-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I agree. Flanagan went up his own arse a bit though a few years back (only slightly), but he seems to have come back to earth a little these past two or three years.

As and aside, I do miss Roebuck's geekiness, and I think it's been missed these past two summers as a counter to the blokey crap you get in cricket these days.

I miss Roebuck's writing and articulate radio, but given what we know now I do not miss him.

Ghost Dog
09-05-2015, 11:45 AM
So, was Luke Beveridge.....an eker? ;)
I like his observations of other coaches. Wonder how he will feel playing St Kilda this week?

jeemak
09-05-2015, 11:48 AM
I miss Roebuck's writing and articulate radio, but given what we know now I do not miss him.

Yeah.

Bulldog4life
09-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Luke is a very emotional guy. I like that. An ex doggies player too just tops him of.