PDA

View Full Version : What happened in today?

Eastdog
09-05-2015, 09:27 PM
After a great 1st half from our guys and then a terrible 2nd half what do you think was the reason behind our collapse and how do we make sure it doesn't happen again like that.

Discuss?

Cyberdoggie
09-05-2015, 09:35 PM
They looked exhausted from the stands. After half time and Clay's knee going they came out flat and lacking their defensive pressure. The saints started getting easy runs out of defence and it all fell down from there. You could see we just couldn't chase any more.
Hunter didn't really show much for someone with fresh legs though. He had a half to impact the game and show some defensive qualities but didn't.
I would just put this result down to fatigue from last week and let' hope they all rest up enough for next week.

Eastdog
09-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Bevo would need to take some responsibility.

Remi Moses
09-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Bevo would need to take some responsibility.

I'm sure he will, as giving up a 9 goal lead is unthinkable .
I think we need to have at least one tag

Eastdog
09-05-2015, 09:46 PM
I'm sure he will, as giving up a 9 goal lead is unthinkable .
I think we need to have at least one tag

I hope he gets right next week. I'm sure he gave the players a serve after the match.

comrade
09-05-2015, 10:00 PM
From another thread....

We shouldn't have lost, but I'm prepared to wear this one and put it down to a young team continuing to learn hard lessons. We were on average over a year younger and had played almost 40 less games per player than the Saints.

Saints also had 7 players with over 100 games experience vs just our 2. This wasn't a case of us being upstaged by an ultra young side. We lacked leadership in the second half, and the numbers prove why.

GWS beat the Hawks, Geelong beat Collingwood last night as underdogs. Hell, WE beat the Swans on their own dung heap. Weird stuff happens in footy, this year especially.

These last 2 weeks will have taught our blokes a hell of a lot and my hope is that it will hold us in good stead.

All this talk of 'same old Bulldogs' that some are alluding to here is uncalled for in my opinion.

LostDoggy
09-05-2015, 10:04 PM
No Coach goes into a game with the mindset that there will be injuries and a Plan A-Z to cover every player , the only real forward planning is the Concussion Sub
Yes, it is a test for any Coach to react to injuries and adjust the structure as needs must
Did Bevo make the right choices with Stevens playing on with a bad hip cork and then Smith playing on with jarred knee which then ruptured later on ?
If he had of Subbed Stevens and then pulled Smith out of the game we would have been severely restricted with the rotations and probably would have had a long list of tired sore players who might not have passed a fitness test for the Fremantle game