PDA

View Full Version : Rookie selection

Hotdog60
12-05-2015, 06:51 PM
With the sad news on Clay's knee and a season ending injury it opens the door for someone to jump on the main list.
Have any of our 3 remaining Rookies shown something to get an upgrade at this early stage?

Libba replaced by Goodes
Smith replaced by Smith, Kelly or Pearce.

Does Pearce get a nod because he's been in the game longer.

Or do we hang off to see if someone commands a spot.

chef
12-05-2015, 06:59 PM
We may as well hang onto it until someone deserves a promotion.

GVGjr
12-05-2015, 07:02 PM
With the sad news on Clay's knee and a season ending injury it opens the door for someone to jump on the main list.
Have any of our 3 remaining Rookies shown something to get an upgrade at this early stage?

Libba replaced by Goodes
Smith replaced by Smith, Kelly or Pearce.

Does Pearce get a nod because he's been in the game longer.

Or do we hang off to see if someone commands a spot.

No need to make an upgrade. Kelly is injured, Pearce and Smith haven't done enough yet.

If it gets to a point where we need to upgrade then we do it at that point.

Twodogs
12-05-2015, 07:07 PM
No need to make an upgrade. Kelly is injured, Pearce and Smith haven't done enough yet.

If it gets to a point where we need to upgrade then we do it at that point.

I've been impressed watching Smith at Footscray. I would think that he's top of the list at the moment if they were going to upgrade somebody, not that I think they will at this stage.

soupman
12-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Smith is the most promising of the lot, although you would think he would still be behind Webb, Biggs and possibly even Darley when he returns in the pecking order.

Kelly actually has timed his injury poorly, as a decent sized mid who I assume can play a little bit inside he could have been in the mix this week.

Pearce is behind Smith in the half back pecking order.

lemmon
12-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Quite like what I've seen of Smith also, a really hard nosed back pocket type. No reason to rush into it though, can only be a motivator for those guys

G-Mo77
12-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Smith would be the pick of the 3 even if Kelly wasn't injured. I wouldn't upgrade him yet though.

Twodogs
12-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Can we upgrade at any time or does it have to be now?

Hotdog60
12-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Tantalising carrot for the Rookies to know there is a spot if they are willing to take it on.

boydogs
12-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Can we upgrade at any time or does it have to be now?

Think it's anytime, we've just got to commit to have someone on the long term injury list for 8 weeks starting from when we do it, which obviously isn't an issue with Clay

I would leave it, no-one is really putting their hand up just yet, that may change as the year goes on

Greystache
13-05-2015, 01:13 AM
Think it's anytime, we've just got to commit to have someone on the long term injury list for 8 weeks starting from when we do it, which obviously isn't an issue with Clay

I would leave it, no-one is really putting their hand up just yet, that may change as the year goes on

You can also elevate a rookie after round 11 without having to put a player on the LTI. So in effect we can elevate 2 out of the 3 rookies in the next 5 weeks without requiring any further injuries.

Remi Moses
13-05-2015, 01:24 AM
What I've seen Smith would be favourite .
Spot there for someone