PDA

View Full Version : Libba!!!! Re-signed until 2018

LostDoggy
13-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Logged on for a last minute view of the Doggies website and saw the great man has inked a new deal seeing him through until 2018. Great work by JMac and all at the club. And to Tom, easy to forget what a star he is not seeing him for so long.

bornadog
13-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Great News

Twodogs
14-05-2015, 12:12 AM
A great piece of news to cheer up what has been a tough few days. The Liberatores, the gift that keeps giving.

Remi Moses
14-05-2015, 01:28 AM
What happened to " not being able to re-sign their young stars"?
Disappointing news for some .
Great result

ratsmac
14-05-2015, 01:28 AM
You gotta love Libba! Great news.

KT31
14-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Great stuff, also mentions he wants to be a one club player.:)

Maddog37
14-05-2015, 09:42 AM
A great piece of news to cheer up what has been a tough few days. The Liberatores, the gift that keeps giving.

Can't wait to see the younger, better brother!!

KT31
14-05-2015, 10:07 AM

Hopefully more of a Chris Grant than a Graeme Cordy.:)

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 10:16 AM

Better? I don't know about that, MK2 is pretty good.

Greystache
14-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Better? I don't know about that, MK2 is pretty good.

The youngest brother is always the best, that is until they prove they're not.

Mofra
14-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Fantastic.
He's our best player when uninjured

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Great news for Libba, the club and supporters. Cant wait to have him back on the field in the RWB

Twodogs
14-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Hopefully more of a Chris Grant than a Graeme Cordy.:)

Actually I think Jamie was the older brother. But he did come to the club after Chris.

Twodogs
14-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I've only seen Oliver playing local U12s. He was clearly head and shoulders over that standard. it was a while ago though.

bornadog
14-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Big statement MD

Webby
14-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Actually I think Jamie was the older brother. But he did come to the club after Chris.

That's right. Jamie had played U19's at St Kilda prior to going back to Daylesford. When the Grant household was phoned on draft day 1988(?) the family assumed the club had mixed Chris and Jamie up. I had a cousin who played cricket at Daylesford and all he did was rave about the 15yo Grant.

Chris was obviously so good that the club decided to give the older, shorter, slower sibling a go, but it was a bit of a waste of time. I believe Hawthorn did a similar thing with Matthew Lloyd's older brother, Brad - who was similar to Jamie Grant in his shortness and slowness..

As a footnote, there is a story that went around Daylesford a few years back that a young J Grant had purchased a 5L Commodore from Trevor Barker in the mid 1980's. Apparently, once the car had been bought, Barker was quick to point out that Cher had once occupied the back seat of said vehicle some years earlier..

The story may have been embellished, but it certainly impressed quite a few young men around Daylesford over the years..... In fact, it probably also impressed quite a few women around Daylesford!

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 01:53 PM
That's right. Jamie had played U19's at St Kilda prior to going back to Daylesford. When the Grant household was phoned on draft day 1988(?) the family assumed the club had mixed Chris and Jamie up. I had a cousin who played cricket at Daylesford and all he did was rave about the 15yo Grant.

Chris was obviously so good that the club decided to give the older, shorter, slower sibling a go, but it was a bit of a waste of time. I believe Hawthorn did a similar thing with Matthew Lloyd's older brother, Brad - who was similar to Jamie Grant in his shortness and slowness..

As a footnote, there is a story that went around Daylesford a few years back that a young J Grant had purchased a 5L Commodore from Trevor Barker in the mid 1980's. Apparently, once the car had been bought, Barker was quick to point out that Cher had once occupied the back seat of said vehicle some years earlier..

The story may have been embellished, but it certainly impressed quite a few young men around Daylesford over the years..... In fact, it probably also impressed quite a few women around Daylesford!

I'd be burning the upholstery.

Twodogs
14-05-2015, 03:19 PM

I didn't know that St Kilda had Jamie on their list for a while but didn't know about Chris, I love it. To be fair I understand Chris had a huge growth spurt and grew to KP size virtually overnight and luckily for us the only recruiter who knew about Chris growing so tall was Chooka Merrington from Footscray.

Ghost Dog
14-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Great to hear. When will he be coming back exactly?

bornadog
14-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Great to hear. When will he be coming back exactly?

Ready for the finals :D

Maddog37
14-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Big statement MD

Just having a joke BAD. Although he is supposed to be a ripper player too.

bornadog
14-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Just having a joke BAD. Although he is supposed to be a ripper player too.

I took it as lighthearted.

hujsh
14-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Great stuff, also mentions he wants to be a one club player.:)

That puts him about on par with every other young player signing a contract at their original club;)