PDA

View Full Version : What would make you happy on this Sunday when we take on Freo

Eastdog
14-05-2015, 09:08 PM
To fellow woofers out there what would make you satisfied after the match this Sunday. A win would be nice but for me realistically a 4qtr performance.

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 09:27 PM
To fellow woofers out there what would make you satisfied after the match this Sunday. A win would be nice but for me realistically a 4qtr performance.

Would love a win Easty,but also for me a four qtr effort and no bloody injuries.

Maddog37
14-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I give us a chance. Both clubs are super fast starters.

Dogs by18

AndrewP6
14-05-2015, 09:44 PM
FOur quarter effort, intensity, tackle pressure.

A win, sure, but I'm a realist. GO DOGS!

1eyedog
14-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Some work put into Stephen Hill and Koby Stevens to run with Fyfe.

bulldogtragic
14-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Some work put into Stephen Hill and Koby Stevens to run with Fyfe.

We don't tag though.

But to the question, personal enlightenment, world peace and the 50 or so minutes back I recently tried on Momuments Men.

1eyedog
14-05-2015, 10:17 PM
This week would be a good time to reverse that philosophy in my opinion.

Dancin' Douggy
14-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Stringer nailing his set shots. Kicking a bag. And our midfield matching theirs.

bulldogtragic
14-05-2015, 10:32 PM
This week would be a good time to reverse that philosophy in my opinion.

I refuse to watch Momuments men again. :)

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 10:53 PM
80+ Tackles , non stop pressure from start to finish , cutting down their Uncontested Possessions , forcing their midfield to slow down their decision making , maximizing our opportunities Inside 50 , absolutely no injuries and a hard fought victory for Clay

merantau
14-05-2015, 11:50 PM
A win would do me the world of good. I'd almost give my left testicle to see that smug smile wiped off Ross Lyon's face. What a pompous, self-satisfied, individual.

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 11:55 PM
We don't tag though.

But to the question, personal enlightenment, world peace and the 50 or so minutes back I recently tried on Momuments Men.

It gets better BT.

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Getting back to running the game out. We do that and we will be just fine.

bornadog
15-05-2015, 12:01 AM
A win is what would make me happy

KT31
15-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Not saying we are not a chance but the odds are really stacked against us Freo are going to be a very tuff ask, so for to see the pressure we have applied continue, be super competitive, not have a blow out and more importantly to see us run the game out to the end will be a big win.

LostDoggy
15-05-2015, 01:10 AM
Fremantle have the best midfield in the competition. No doubt about it.

Fyfe, Mundy and Barlow are elite. The emergence of Lachie Neale this season puts him in the same bracket. Then you have Stephen Hill who can put you completely to the sword if you give him no attention. Same with Daniel Pearce.

The balance that midfield possesses is just about perfect. With our no tag mantra this season, it's going to be a massive test for our midfield group.

I really hope we aren't taking in underdone players (Stevens, Jong, Wallis) because we will get massively exposed.

Maddog37
15-05-2015, 09:55 AM
I would be happy to see us win yet have Mundy and Neale absolutely dominate. Fyfe to be shut down completely by a rampaging Bonty and my SuperCoach team will be a wonderous sight.

Ozza
15-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Would be happy to see us go toe to toe with Freo for 4 quarters.
Will be happy if I leave the game feeling like we can match it with the current best in the comp.

whythelongface
15-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Huge test for our young team. We are playing the best team (at the moment) in the comp who have played really well but they also have room for improvement in them. I am hoping that we make them have an off day through our ferociousness and tenacity and that we can sneak a win.

In answer to your question - a win would make me extremely happy, however (and I hate the term) an honorouable loss where there is a four quarter effort will also please me.

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-05-2015, 10:21 AM
My thoughts would be to assign our midfielders to go man on man with the elite Dockers midfield.
This would involve Bonti to Fyfe, Picken to take Mundy, Jong onto Barlow and Wallis for Neale. This would help offset any thought of Sandilands dominating the hit outs. Freo isn't as good in Melbourne and given our good wins against WCE and Adelaide we are capable of bouncing back after last week's disappointing second half when we simply failed to man up against St Kilda across the ground.

ReLoad
15-05-2015, 10:25 AM
I want bontempelli to wear fyfe like a glove and to learn how hard you have to work to be elite. This is a great learning opportunity for the bont to be exactly like the player he will become.

Flamethrower
15-05-2015, 10:53 AM
A win.

A huge crowd.

It's a shame we couldn't hang on last week...we could have sold this as 1 versus 2, a possible Grand Final preview, and sold this to the neutrals begging to see elite AFL football (and not another Carlton/Collingwood/Richmond snoozefest).

I would love to see our game outdraw the game at AAMI Park.

bornadog
15-05-2015, 11:17 AM
A win.

A huge crowd.

It's a shame we couldn't hang on last week...we could have sold this as 1 versus 2, a possible Grand Final preview, and sold this to the neutrals begging to see elite AFL football (and not another Carlton/Collingwood/Richmond snoozefest).

I would love to see our game outdraw the game at AAMI Park.

Unfortunately won't happen. Lucky to get 20k at our game.

Ozza
15-05-2015, 01:34 PM

Yep, somewhere between 17-18K I'd have thought. Last year it was sub 15K (year before just over 19K).

SonofScray
15-05-2015, 11:06 PM
4 points and a three quarter time cherry ripe.

Remi Moses
16-05-2015, 12:01 AM

This whole soccer v footy thing bores me senseless .
Both sides guilty of having a peeing comp TBH, and who gives a flying where the bigger crowd is .
We're the sporting capital of the world, but we let ourselves down with small mindless nonsense .
I'll be watching the first half of the Freo game then heading over to AAMI to watch our Victory smash Sydney .

The Underdog
16-05-2015, 01:20 AM
This whole soccer v footy thing bores me senseless .
Both sides guilty of having a peeing comp TBH, and who gives a flying where the bigger crowd is .
We're the sporting capital of the world, but we let ourselves down with small mindless nonsense .
I'll be watching the first half of the Freo game then heading over to AAMI to watch our Victory smash Sydney .

Your Victory :)

I hope for my daughter's dance concert to go well...enjoy sprot's everyone

Remi Moses
16-05-2015, 01:53 AM
Both sides are guilty here .
I'm a tad disappointed with Peter Gordon's comments on The A-League and Melbourne Victory .
It smacks of a bit of arrogance, and a lot of people follow both codes.
On the flip side the argument of being " The world game" and Aussie rules being a domestic sport only,smacks of arrogance .
Apologies of de-railing the thread, but it's a major annoyance

Twodogs
16-05-2015, 02:21 AM
I will be happy to see Ross Lyon making excuses at his post match press conference about why Freo lost the game.

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Yep, somewhere between 17-18K I'd have thought. Last year it was sub 15K (year before just over 19K).

That will be hugely disappointing number especially given we get the chance to measure ourselves against the currently best performed side in the competition. I'm hoping it's north of 20k

LostDoggy
16-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Going into this game, I will only be happy with a win. Nothing less.

After the game? We'll worry about that after the game ;)...

Go_Dogs
16-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Given the standard of football Fremantle have been playing, and that they are a very seasoned side, I'd be happy to end the game within 5 goals. That being said, I give us a real chance this week.

What do I want?

No injuries. Cordy to continue clunking a few marks, Dale to snag a goal and Hunter to put in a much stronger performance.

chef
16-05-2015, 11:40 AM
I'll be happy as long as we have a crack.

Ghost Dog
16-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Bailey Dale - would love him to kick one in his first game, get plenty of tackles.

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 01:15 PM
A crowd better than 22k, a win and for the likes of Cordy, Jong and Wallis to have good games.

Dancin' Douggy
16-05-2015, 03:36 PM
I'd love to see the roof open.

F'scary
16-05-2015, 06:19 PM
All lined up to take one of my kids tomorrow, looking forward to the game and not with as much trepidation as a few days ago. That said, only a win will make me happy tomorrow but if we lose I sure hope we give it a good shake and run them hard to the final siren. My biggest concern besides losing tomorrow is that this game could set us up one way or another for the rest of the season. If we get smashed again like the Hawthorn game or even worse it could have a knock on effect in the following weeks (but on the other hand we bounced right back from the Hawthorn debacle, so maybe I'm getting overly concerned about one match).

And g'day John - was great catching up for refreshments last week.

ledge
16-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Don't know about Sunday but I'm enjoying Saturday the VFL and Carlton being pathetic, Tutt is getting quite a bit and trying though.

LostDoggy
16-05-2015, 07:57 PM
No injuries! and seeing Bailey Dale debut.

Eastdog
18-05-2015, 12:24 AM

Apart from that bad first quarter which was bad the fact we fought back in the game and stayed with Freo till the end was pleasing for me today despite not winning. Hopefully we win the next 2 which are very winnable.

Eastdog
18-05-2015, 12:25 AM
No injuries! and seeing Bailey Dale debut.

Was a very positive debut from Bailey Dale.

Ozza
18-05-2015, 12:47 AM
Would be happy to see us go toe to toe with Freo for 4 quarters.
Will be happy if I leave the game feeling like we can match it with the current best in the comp.

Can't be too disappointed based on this expectation.

Remi Moses
18-05-2015, 01:39 AM
Gotta be disappointed with those last few minutes.
Costly panicky errors, that hopefully we improve on .
We're going to hear that B/S great effort, moral victory stuff, but we must win next week.

Ozza
18-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Gotta be disappointed with those last few minutes.
Costly panicky errors, that hopefully we improve on .
We're going to hear that B/S great effort, moral victory stuff, but we must win next week.

I thought it was remarkable that we got so close, given we got absolutely smashed in general play for most of the game.
Agree that the last 3 minutes was disappointing. Reminded me of the GWS game last year, where every time the ball was turned over to us, we rushed our possession and gave the ball back. Disappointing that it was one of our only experienced players, in Murphy, whose example of this ended up being so costly.