PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 7

Eastdog
15-05-2015, 12:23 PM
This is the round 7 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Fremantle is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
17-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
17-05-2015, 05:11 PM
B.

Tom Boyd. I like what he is bringing so early.
Tory. Should've had 8 straight. :)
Wood. Like his year so far.

A.

Cordy. He did a few good things, but not anymore than playing Grant as a ruckman today.
Costly errors 3-5 minutes from the end. Hopefully the experience will mean it less likely to happen too much longer.
Stringer. Not too sure how to explain it, just perhaps a very average game.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Bankers
1.Dickson - 7 goals his finishing got us back into the game and gave us a sniff of a win
2. Wood he's really become the all round defensive utility this season.
3. JJ his taking the game on was pivotal to us getting scoring opportunities.

Anchors
1. Our first Qtr
2. Stringer just didn't fire today.
3. Our inability to stop Freo at the source. Not sure if the blame lies with coaching or cattle, but we were never able to quell Freo at the coalface and it probably cost us a win.

LostDoggy
17-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Bankers:
1. Tory Dickson's goalkicking. Just. Doesn't. Miss.
2. Cordy's defensive efforts.
3. Bailey Dale picking the exact right time in the game to kick his first goal and light the place up.

Anchors:
1. Jong's confidence is shot. He backed out of quite a few contests today and looked like he was rushed back early. I refuse to give a player like Jong an anchor because we all know he has guts to spare, but I'll happily give one to Jong's Confidence. Come back JC, you're sorely missed.
2. Long bombing into the F50 when it's obvious we're being well-beaten down there. Johnson had a field day.
3. Ross Lyon. Said it before, will say it again: You are the Antichrist.

Happy Days
17-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Bankers
- Wood is a straight up gun now and is probably in the AA team if they picked it tomorrow
- Dickson almost won us the game by himself, fantastic effort
- The umpires for keeping us in the game, cheers guys

Anchors
- Taking the piss in the ruck gifted Fyfe infinite clearances and cost us the game. GOODES COME ON
- Continually kicking it to Michael Johnson, who as it turns out is *not* our full forward
- Not being able to get the ball for the first 20 minutes of the game

jeemak
17-05-2015, 05:57 PM
B:

Dickson - Seriously clever and dangerous player when he's putting it all together. He seems to be improving as time goes on, and if he can keep his work rate up he'll continue to be a contributor

Dahl - He keeps trying against bigger bodies week in week out. My main knock on him is ball use and decision making, but with time I'm hopeful this will improve and icing opportunities as he did late today won't be a surprise to me

Dale - Solid contribution from a debutante, and lovely finish with his first kick of the day

A:

Reactionary Start - We really let Freo dictate terms in the first quarter and it's what killed us. It will prove an excellent learning experience for the team, the guys must understand that good teams take a mile if you give them an inch

Ruck Situation - How did it get to this? I don't think Will's going to be playing for us next year so it's possibly time to give Campbell a shot. I don't think having either he or Will in the team would have had a material impact on the outcome today, and I have my doubts that against a quality side like Fremantle Campbell would have had any impact around the ground (let alone the moderate impact Cordy had). One way or another we need to determine whether Campbell can cut it though, and it's probably something we need to do sooner rather than later

Stringer - I think he had an off day, but possibly could have done a touch more to insert himself into the contest. Let's see how he bounces back

As a side note, I think it's great that we are concentrating on our own game and the way we want to play however, sometimes it's nice to see a midfield take it upon itself to start a game tight against a highly fancied opponent. A bit of tightness and intensity at the man and contest early could have saved a couple of goals.

always right
17-05-2015, 06:21 PM
B:
Wood.....who would have thought this bloke would become such an outstanding performer. Nobody gets to contests and impacts them like Easton Wood.
JJ.....was our spark in the last quarter. Such an important component of our team.
Dickson....I've never rated him but he is making me eat my words.

A:
Jong.....I'm a big wrap but he was half a metre off all day. His worst game for some time.
Stringer......really had to make Johnston change the way he plays. Just didn't work hard or smart enough.
Bontempelli.....so much to like about him but he has a weakness that he can easily address.....his habit of blazing away when he wins a centre clearance. He kicks to our player's advantage all around the ground but not when he streams out of the centre. I don't get it.

westbulldog
17-05-2015, 07:09 PM
B
Tory Dickson - he has become a genuine class forward with both offensive and defensive efforts.
Easton Wood - playing top quality defence each week.
Luke Dalhaus - 4 quarter effort.

A
66 hit outs to 11 .... enough said. Every week we have a problem here, selectors please step in.
Fletcher Roberts kick out was effectively to Fyfe at a critical point in the last 1/4, just a lapse, he will be a good defender in time.
Michael Johnson had 14 marks - who runs gameday strategy ?

ratsmac
17-05-2015, 07:55 PM
BANKERS

1. Dickson - he was amazing today
2. Wood - solid, quick, smart, good mark, cool under pressure.
3. Dahl - leaves nothing behind. 2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts.

ANCHORS

Stringer - he could of been the difference today at half his best. No work rate today.
Ruck position - the lack of has actually cost us a win now, so can someone in the match committee please do something about it.
Hunter - bit harsh but I thought he had an ordinary game.... Again. But he wasn't alone.

G-Mo77
17-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Hunter - bit harsh but I thought he had an ordinary game.... Again. But he wasn't alone.

Thougth he was slow to start but did some good things in that 4th quarter. He needs a full game, not sub.

Anyway

Bankers.
Dickson. Wow. Couldn't believe he had 6, then he slotted number 7.
Wood. I might be over looking some players but this guy would have to be leading the B+F?
JJ. Man has he become a good player!

Special mention to Etihad for putting in a water fountain. Not sure if it's been there all season but now I'll just bring a plastic bottle.

Anchors
First quarter. Difference in the end. Can't give a side like that a 5 goal lead.
Holding the ball? We got a good run with the umps but they refused to pay holding the ball. What's the point of having the rule?
Stringer was ordinary today.

soupman
17-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Ruck position - the lack of has actually cost us a win now, so can someone in the match committee please do something about it.

I don't know that it did.

We could well have won if we had've taken our chances towards the end (JJ showed composure, Roughead protected instead of spoiled Boyds marking attempt etc.). Despite Freo having Sandilands vs midgets clearances were largely even, and really it was our lack of intensity and work rate in the first quarter that cost us the match.

By all means the ruck situation wasn't ideal, but I'm not sure the alternative would have been much better. Minson may have done a bit better in the ruck, but still would have lost to Sandialands and would have given us nothing around the ground or up forward and struggled to go with Sandi, and Campbell would have been slaughtered by Sandi and probably struggled around the ground also.

Cordy wasn't great, especially in the ruck, but he was solid around the ground.

Eastdog
17-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Bankers

Dickson - what a great game 7 goals

Murphy - a hard worker and helps us a lot

Wood - really liking how his going at the moment

Special mentions: JJ - really like what he gives us, good debut from Bailey Dale

Anchors

Stringer - quiet day but still going to be quality for us

Our ball use at times lets us down

Giving them a 5 goal head start

AndrewP6
17-05-2015, 08:56 PM
B
Wood: He's starring right now.
Dead-Eye: say no more.
JJ: loved his run and attack on the play.
Special mention to Dale, good first game.

A
Cordy. Laughable in the ruck.
Jong: Clearly not right
Stringer: off game today. He'll bounce back.

AndrewP6
17-05-2015, 08:57 PM
B
Wood: He's starring right now.
Dead-Eye: say no more.
JJ: loved his run and attack on the play.
Special mention to Dale, good first game.

A
Cordy. Laughable in the ruck. Serviceable around the ground, but HE'S A RUCK.
Jong: Clearly not right
Stringer: off game today. He'll bounce back.

azabob
17-05-2015, 09:52 PM
B
Wood - becoming a footballer first, athlete second
Dickson - great to see him get reward for effort by hitting the scoreboard in a big way
Defense - our back six held up extremely well today, we have almost a perfect blend of run & attack and lockdown one on one.

A.

Three poor kicks in defense lead directly to goals (wood, goodes & Murphy )
First fifteen minutes

SonofScray
17-05-2015, 10:13 PM
B:
Wood, responded well to some early errors with a great defender's game.
T Boyd. Took some strong marks deep, some good marks high. Kicked true.
Dicko - a superstar effort.

A:
Dalhaus, look away kicks and getting drawn into aerial battles too often.
Jong/Wallis inclusions. Needed a bit more from either one, maybe they weren't quite ready.
Ross Lyon. Prick.

LostDoggy
17-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Bankers - Tory, very dangerous forward
Easton, how good are his one grab marks
Bobby, mopped up everything down back

Anchors - Lin, came back a week early, looked like his hand still hurting
Jake - no goals but did set up 2 for Tory
Umpire who paid deliberate against Talia, get a clue mate

Greystache
17-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Bankers

Dickson- Brilliant

JJ- Really liked his run and creativity, especially late in the game. Very positive signs.

Wood- Looks like a mini-Brian Lake at the moment

Anchors

Jong- Looked a long way from being right to play. Worst game he's ever had. If he's not right next week he shouldn't play.

Cordy- A least we can end the discussion that he's a ruckman who needs to be given a chance. It's back to being a forward who can't find the ball.

First 20 mins. Cost us the game after a fantastic final 3 quarters

Greystache
17-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Extra Banker

Goodes- I thought he did a pretty good job in the ruck given the obsurdity of the situation.

Ozza
17-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Bankers:

Dead eye Dickson - brilliant game. Smart footballer.
Woody - brilliant in the air and great balance. His handful of aerial battles with Fyfe was some thrilling football.
Roughy & Roberts - loved their aerial work. Both took some great marks and other times didn't remarkably well not to infringe.

Special mentions to kicking straight, the umpiring massively in our favour, and hanging in there even though we got smashed in most key statistical indicators.

Anchors:

Jong/Wallis - As Bevo indicated in the presser "will be better for the run"
Stringer - fair enough he had an off day (got help Melbourne next week) but he seemed deadset asleep a few times, and needed to make life a lot harder for Johnson.
General note about the lack of intensity early in the game.

Remi Moses
18-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Bankers - Dickson, thought he was an inbetween VFL AfL player. I may be wrong
Roberts , best game I've seen him play
Wood , he's marking was exceptional. Great season
JJ , just has to eliminate the couple of panic moments he has, but they're less frequent
Character, in spades after the first 15 min.
Anchors - the start. Deer in the headlights stuff.
Poise. Must show more poise at critical times, and eliminate costly annoying little mistakes.
Kicking to Michael Johnson . Lower the vision
I don't know whether to anchor the ruck contest or not? I trust the coach, although I'm not a fan of giving teams a free ride out of the contest .

Remi Moses
18-05-2015, 01:50 AM
Bankers:

Dead eye Dickson - brilliant game. Smart footballer.
Woody - brilliant in the air and great balance. His handful of aerial battles with Fyfe was some thrilling football.
Roughy & Roberts - loved their aerial work. Both took some great marks and other times didn't remarkably well not to infringe.

Special mentions to kicking straight, the umpiring massively in our favour, and hanging in there even though we got smashed in most key statistical indicators.

Anchors:

Jong/Wallis - As Bevo indicated in the presser "will be better for the run"
Stringer - fair enough he had an off day (got help Melbourne next week) but he seemed deadset asleep a few times, and needed to make life a lot harder for Johnson.
General note about the lack of intensity early in the game.

Lazy today from Jake, and Jong probably shouldn't have played

jeemak
18-05-2015, 01:52 AM
A:

Remi's lack of spacing between B's and A's

The Bulldogs Bite
18-05-2015, 03:18 AM
B:

Dickson - What a game, 7 goals 1. Great to see him rewarded, he's worked hard for the entire year, much improved player.
Wood - Extremely reliable and our best defender.
Roberts - Ordinary start but ended up having his best game for the club. Read the play well, took some strong marks, used it well.

A:

Stringer - Awful. Groin giving him trouble? Lazy and insipid performance, really. Harsh but true of him today.
Talia - I know he played on a very good footballer, but he was behind Pavlich every time. Hopefully he learns.
Jong/Wallis - I thought Mitch was ok, but his last 5 minutes were a nightmare. Will be better next week. Jong, however, was tragically poor - it cost us.

Ozza
18-05-2015, 09:52 AM
B:

Dickson - What a game, 7 goals 1. Great to see him rewarded, he's worked hard for the entire year, much improved player.
Roberts - Ordinary start but ended up having his best game for the club. Read the play well, took some strong marks, used it well.

A:

Stringer - Awful. Groin giving him trouble? Lazy and insipid performance, really. Harsh but true of him today.
Talia - I know he played on a very good footballer, but he was behind Pavlich every time. Hopefully he learns.
Jong/Wallis - I thought Mitch was ok, but his last 5 minutes were a nightmare. Will be better next week. Jong, however, was tragically poor - it cost us.

Extremely encouraging performance from Roberts. Only game no. 10 for him - so really, for a young tall to be reliably locking down tall forwards, and taking the kinds of marks he has been - its a great output.

Sedat
18-05-2015, 01:11 PM
B:

A:

Echo TBB's sentiments. Stringer in particular was incredibly poor yesterday - even a semi-decent contribution from him would have given Johnson something to think about and nullified his massive influence on the match.

Both Dickson and Wood would be quite high up in our B&F voting this season to date. Just on Dickson, he has now kicked in excess of 6 goals in a game twice - a mug can kick a bag of 4-5 once but not twice. Dickson is no mug.

Ozza
18-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Echo TBB's sentiments. Stringer in particular was incredibly poor yesterday - even a semi-decent contribution from him would have given Johnson something to think about and nullified his massive influence on the match.

Both Dickson and Wood would be quite high up in our B&F voting this season to date. Just on Dickson, he has now kicked in excess of 6 goals in a game twice - a mug can kick a bag of 4-5 once but not twice. Dickson is no mug.

Getting a great return fro Dicko (noting he has played on a wing for a few weeks prior to yesterday, and I think all would agree that it is preferable to have him back as a genuine forward.)

In 41 games, he has kicked 61 goals now. Including a 7, a 6, 3 x bags of 4 - and 5 x 3 goal matches.

The good thing about our current forward set up - is that next week it might be Stringer, Crameri or Boyd's turn to kick 3 or 4+.
Although Jake was poor yesterday....gut feel is that Melbourne will have MacDonald on Boyd...and really struggle to handle Stringer in a bit of space at the MCG.

1eyedog
18-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Bankers

Fletcher Roberts: Did some nice things yesterday, took some nice marks, made some nice intercepts and got to the right places. Who would have thought he and Talia would improve so rapidly and that he would be working his way into best 22 by Round 7.

Stevens: Still young and well under 50 games but another big improver. Still has decision / disposal issues but is becoming more influential in contests, is hard at the ball, a good mark and gains metres. Turning into a vital player for us.

Tom Boyd: Even better hand than I thought. He needs a bit more support up forward but his contesting is first class and once again he create opportunities purely by competing.

Anchors:

Jong: Had an off week and probably came back too early.

Cordy: As many others have discussed he needs to impact ruck contests more.

Stringer: Needed to find a way to enforce himself on the game yesterday. Not really an anchor becuase he is young and inexperienced and he will learn to work into games.

lemmon
18-05-2015, 01:52 PM

I just wonder whether he was 100% right, it's no excuse but he looked fairly proppy and I'd imagine his GPS numbers would have been fairly poor based on what I saw. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed this week with a niggle (no inside info, just my perception)

soupman
18-05-2015, 01:54 PM
I just wonder whether he was 100% right, it's no excuse but he looked fairly proppy and I'd imagine his GPS numbers would have been fairly poor based on what I saw. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed this week with a niggle (no inside info, just my perception)

He didn't get a run through the midfield either so maybe there is something to that.

Remi Moses
18-05-2015, 02:04 PM
A:

Remi's lack of spacing between B's and A's

Sorry Jee

Jake Stringer type effort

Sedat
18-05-2015, 02:31 PM
We shouldn't have played him if that was the case. Freo is not a team where you can hide unfit players - they are relentless with their two-way running.

Greystache
18-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Stevens: Still young and well under 50 games but another big improver. Still has decision / disposal issues but is becoming more influential in contests, is hard at the ball, a good mark and gains metres. Turning into a vital player for us.

Agree with what you're saying, but he's played 55 games and is about to turn 24.

Remi Moses
18-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Agree with what you're saying, but he's played 55 games and is about to turn 24.

Also against Freo you're in play in every moment .
That moment where Koby waited for that kick to come to him was one such.

craigsahibee
18-05-2015, 04:22 PM

Is there just a little bit of injustice in the fact that by kicking 7 goals yesterday, Tory Dickson has now equalled Chris Grant's most number of goals in a single game?

chef
18-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Also against Freo you're in play in every moment .
That moment where Koby waited for that kick to come to him was one such.

There was 100 of those moments though yesterday spread across the whole team.

Greystache
18-05-2015, 04:59 PM

Be honest, you were thinking specifically of Wade Skipper when you wrote that weren't you??

Mofra
18-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I thought he looked injured in Q4 against St Kilda so was surprised he played.
I would be very surprised if he played next week - he looked to have no speed, mobility was terrible.

Sedat
18-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Be honest, you were thinking specifically of Wade Skipper when you wrote that weren't you??
Nah, but he's a great nom. I had Marty McGrath and Ed Sansbury firmly on my mind!

Ozza
18-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Adrian McAdam kicked about 30 in 4 weeks.

And then never touched the ball again!!!

Mantis
18-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I would be very surprised if he played next week - he looked to have no speed, mobility was terrible.

His speed & mobility were ok when he had the ball.. Just didn't work hard enough to get it or defend.

LostDoggy
18-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Is there just a little bit of injustice in the fact that by kicking 7 goals yesterday, Tory Dickson has now equalled Chris Grant's most number of goals in a single game?

Next stop, Templeton's. ;)

jeemak
18-05-2015, 09:37 PM

No. None at all.

Drunken Bum
19-05-2015, 12:22 AM
And then never touched the ball again!!!

That's a little bit of a myth, he kicked 23 goals in his first 3 games and while he did slow down a bit as the season went on he still kicked 68 goals from 17 games as a forward pocket or hf, kicked some freak goals too, drifted away after that but it's still a pretty damn good season
Remember stories of him regularly kicking balls in to garbage cans from 50m at training
It's amazing to think he drifted into oblivion and only played 36 games in the end. John Georgiades was a lesser version of McAdam

bornadog
19-05-2015, 09:35 AM
That's a little bit of a myth, he kicked 23 goals in his first 3 games and while he did slow down a bit as the season went on he still kicked 68 goals from 17 games as a forward pocket or hf, kicked some freak goals too, drifted away after that but it's still a pretty damn good season
Remember stories of him regularly kicking balls in to garbage cans from 50m at training
It's amazing to think he drifted into oblivion and only played 36 games in the end. John Georgiades was a lesser version of McAdam

Kicked ten in his second game, and yes 68 for the season. (1993)

ratsmac
19-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Koby did make a blue with waiting for the ball and hopefully he learns from that. But as far as his skills are concerned I thought he has made some massive improvements this season so far. That pass across the ground to JJ running at full pace and didn't have to break stride was Griffen like. He deserves a banker just for that kick alone! He also kicked a beautiful pass into the 50 to Dickson to set up one of his 7 goals.

bornadog
19-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Koby did make a blue with waiting for the ball and hopefully he learns from that. But as far as his skills are concerned I thought he has made some massive improvements this season so far. That pass across the ground to JJ running at full pace and didn't have to break stride was Griffen like. He deserves a banker just for that kick alone! He also kicked a beautiful pass into the 50 to Dickson to set up one of his 7 goals.

Also great kick to TBoyd along the boundary into the 50 and Boyd goaled from that one from an acute angle. I was sitting along that wing on the 50 metre arc and he placed the kick perfectly so that it sat in front of Boyd and not on his head.

jeemak
19-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Also great kick to TBoyd along the boundary into the 50 and Boyd goaled from that one from an acute angle. I was sitting along that wing on the 50 metre arc and he placed the kick perfectly so that it sat in front of Boyd and not on his head.

It's amazing what can be achieved when you don't leave your forwards to have a 6ft 7in 100kg Gorilla jump all over them through putting the ball on their heads.

Ozza
19-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Just in regards to Boyd, although the stats only read as 8 possessions, 6 marks, two goals - I thought it was another encouraging performance.

Both of his goals came at times where we were desperate for a goal and he delivered. And I thought he had some good moments throughout the game. Although it appears we have to mark him down for one dropped chest mark near the boundary at half forward per week!

Of Boyd's 10 goals this season, 9 of these have come against our toughest opponents (3 v Hawks, 2 v Swans, 2 v Dockers, 2 v Crows). Encouraging that he has been able to hit the scoreboard against quality opponents. Hopefully he can cash in against a weaker side soon.

Happy Days
19-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Just in regards to Boyd, although the stats only read as 8 possessions, 6 marks, two goals - I thought it was another encouraging performance.

Both of his goals came at times where we were desperate for a goal and he delivered. And I thought he had some good moments throughout the game. Although it appears we have to mark him down for one dropped chest mark near the boundary at half forward per week!

Of Boyd's 10 goals this season, 9 of these have come against our toughest opponents (3 v Hawks, 2 v Swans, 2 v Dockers, 2 v Crows). Encouraging that he has been able to hit the scoreboard against quality opponents. Hopefully he can cash in against a weaker side soon.

19 years old!

Greystache
19-05-2015, 11:59 AM

Better than encouraging, I think he's been outstanding. For a 19 year key forward who had an interrupted preseason his impact on games has been incredible. He's marking the ball more and more every week, he's drawing 2 and 3 defenders, he's hitting the scoreboard, and like you said he's kicking goals against the best teams.

He's dropped a couple of chest marks on the wings when on a long lead. I put this down to fatigue affecting his concentration, he almost gets the wobbles as the ball gets to him. He's a long way off fitness wise where he needs to get to, but in 3-4 years when he gets there he's a scary proposition.

kruder
20-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Better than encouraging, I think he's been outstanding. For a 19 year key forward who had an interrupted preseason his impact on games has been incredible. He's marking the ball more and more every week, he's drawing 2 and 3 defenders, he's hitting the scoreboard, and like you said he's kicking goals against the best teams.

He's dropped a couple of chest marks on the wings when on a long lead. I put this down to fatigue affecting his concentration, he almost gets the wobbles as the ball gets to him. He's a long way off fitness wise where he needs to get to, but in 3-4 years when he gets there he's a scary proposition.

The good thing about his fitness is that he looks to significantly improved it during the first seven rounds which is an excellent sign.

I just love going to the footy and having Boyd in our forward line. Its bloody exciting to be a Bulldogs supporter no doubt.

Twodogs
23-05-2015, 12:30 PM

Do you think he might have hurt himself going for that big specie against St Kilda. He just hasn't looked right since I reckon.

SonofScray
24-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Do you think he might have hurt himself going for that big specie against St Kilda. He just hasn't looked right since I reckon.

I suspect a groin injury. Noticed him grab it a few times wincing, a little bit of a shake of the leg to try walk off the discomfort.

jeemak
24-05-2015, 01:12 AM
I suspect a groin injury. Noticed him grab it a few times wincing, a little bit of a shake of the leg to try walk off the discomfort.

They don't really talk about OP these days, it's like the problem has disappeared. If I was to think anyone might be a candidate for it though, it would be Stringer. His core would have taken a fair pounding post leg injury and with the running gait issues he had afterwards, and the remedial actions to rectify it. Perhaps that's it.

Twodogs
24-05-2015, 03:02 AM

They don't really talk about OP these days, it's like the problem has disappeared. If I was to think anyone might be a candidate for it though, it would be Stringer. His core would have taken a fair pounding post leg injury and with the running gait issues he had afterwards, and the remedial actions to rectify it. Perhaps that's it.

It could be the reason he was subbed off against Adelaide just when he was just picking up the ball and kicking goals from everywhere

jeemak
24-05-2015, 03:21 AM
It could be the reason he was subbed off against Adelaide just when he was just picking up the ball and kicking goals from everywhere

He may also just be struggling from the extra work he's been able to put in over the preseason without interruption, and after a handful of games it's starting to show.

From memory this most recent preseason is the first he's completed without stopping, so it may not be anything other than general fatigue.

ratsmac
24-05-2015, 10:38 AM
He's just getting used to greatness. He'll be right!