PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 8 vs Melbourne

Eastdog
15-05-2015, 12:25 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 8 match against Melbourne at the MCG?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
17-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Shaping as a must win game.

bulldogtragic
17-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Bumpy.

Edit: Delete.

Mantis
17-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Honeychurch needs a spell, as does Goodes.. Not sure what role Hunter fills when he comes on... The Cordy experiment hasn't worked, just one satisfactory performance in 4 games.. Someone else deserves a go in this role.

In: Hrovat, Grant, Minson, Macrae

Out: Honeychurch, Goodes, Cordy, Hunter

bornadog
17-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Honeychurch needs a spell, as does Goodes.. Not sure what role Hunter fills when he comes on... The Cordy experiment hasn't worked, just one satisfactory performance in 4 games.. Someone else deserves a go in this role.

In: Hrovat, Grant, Minson, Macrae

Out: Honeychurch, Goodes, Cordy, Hunter
same for me

bulldogtragic
17-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Outs:

Goodes, Jong, HOneychurch (rested)

Ins:

Grant, Hrovat, Macrae

I'd also drop Hunter, or if he needs to sink or swim one last week, then start him and Dale to the sub.
Cordy looks undroppable so I'm not putting time into it.

Go_Dogs
17-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Out:-

Honeychurch, Goodes

In:-

Biggs, Webb

Honey to have a rest, meaning Hunter starts and plays forward. Goodes out.

Webb deserves to come straight back in if he's OK and I'm pretty keen to see Biggs rewarded for a good few weeks after having a solid pre-season prior to injury.

F'scary
17-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Don't even bother suggesting Cordy gets dropped. He can be thrashed at the centre bounces, have little presence at stoppages but provided he gets a couple of possessions a quarter out on a flank, that would seem enough for him to stay in...

The Bulldogs Bite
17-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Out: Honeychurch, Goodes
In: Biggs, Macrae

- I wouldn't mind getting Hamling into the side, which could help us use Roughead as the second ruck (instead of Boyd). Talia/Roberts/Hamling as key backs, and when Cordy rucks, either Roberts or Roughead could play forward. I think we need to do something about this second ruck situation - it kills our structure when Boyd goes in there. I want to see us try something different.

- Not sure if Webb will come straight back. If he does, it'd be for Dale, but I'd probably leave it a week.

jeemak
17-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Out: Honeychurch, Goodes
In: Biggs, Macrae

- I wouldn't mind getting Hamling into the side, which could help us use Roughead as the second ruck (instead of Boyd). Talia/Roberts/Hamling as key backs, and when Cordy rucks, either Roberts or Roughead could play forward. I think we need to do something about this second ruck situation - it kills our structure when Boyd goes in there. I want to see us try something different.

- Not sure if Webb will come straight back. If he does, it'd be for Dale, but I'd probably leave it a week.

I'd give Dale another game based on that performance, though possibly as the sub if he pulls up a little sore. If he's tip top, then he should start on.

What did the VFL performance tell us?

Happy Days
17-05-2015, 06:07 PM
In: Biggs, Macrae, Grant

Out: Goodes, Cordy, Honeychurch

TBB, I like the idea of Roughead as the second ruck so much that I think we should make him the first ruck. Cordy is a farce and has to go. Melbourne don't have an overly tall forward line so I think we can get away with Talia and Roberts on Dawes and Hogan/Pedersen. If they play both I'm more than happy for Wood to smash Pedersen anyway.

Honeychurch needs a spell and I just can't cop Goodes keeping Macrae out of the side.

jeemak
17-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Calling a player a farce is a bit much isn't it?

LostDoggy
17-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Out:-

Honeychurch, Goodes

In:-

Biggs, Webb

Honey to have a rest, meaning Hunter starts and plays forward. Goodes out.

Webb deserves to come straight back in if he's OK and I'm pretty keen to see Biggs rewarded for a good few weeks after having a solid pre-season prior to injury.

I like this. Would also perhaps use Jong as the sub. Melbourne will be smarting after a 100-plus point shellacking. Roos was talking about giving the players a few days off/lighter load this week and we have struggled against them in the past, so having some blistering speed in fresh legs like Jong's, coupled with his poor game today means I'd put him in the green vest.

westbulldog
17-05-2015, 07:18 PM
out : Cordy, Honeychurch (inj ?)
In : Minson, Macrae

ReLoad
17-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Boy is Ayce the great polariser......

I have no issue in giving him games, my question is, as a 25 year old, is he ever going to fill out and compete with other ruckman, in any shape or form? or is he just another run with tall? IF that is the case, and we genuinely dont give a crap about winning any ruck taps, then lets bring hamling in as our ruckman, or even spindle shanks. They wont engage in wrestling and continually try to jump into a contest.

Its either a total masterstroke, playing without a ruckman (make no mistake thats what we are doing right now) or a total folly.

I dont think you can be half pregnant with it, you either have a full ruckman who can contest and do whats needed, or go with someone who can leap and provide run etc.

Today if Sandilands had have held his marks (he dropped some sitters) we wouldnt even have the above conversation.

So for mine its:
OUT: Cordy, Honeychurch, Crameri (needs a spell he is cooked) and Hunter
INS: Hamling, Webb, Grant (I cant believe im saying that, but he will ruck) and Macrae

bulldogtragic
17-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Boy is Ayce the great polariser......

I have no issue in giving him games, my question is, as a 25 year old, is he ever going to fill out and compete with other ruckman, in any shape or form? or is he just another run with tall? IF that is the case, and we genuinely dont give a crap about winning any ruck taps, then lets bring hamling in as our ruckman, or even spindle shanks. They wont engage in wrestling and continually try to jump into a contest.

Its either a total masterstroke, playing without a ruckman (make no mistake thats what we are doing right now) or a total folly.

I dont think you can be half pregnant with it, you either have a full ruckman who can contest and do whats needed, or go with someone who can leap and provide run etc.

Today if Sandilands had have held his marks (he dropped some sitters) we wouldnt even have the above conversation.

So for mine its:
OUT: Cordy, Honeychurch, Crameri (needs a spell he is cooked) and Hunter
INS: Hamling, Webb, Grant (I cant believe im saying that, but he will ruck) and Macrae

I just said play Grant in the ruck just now in another thread. Jinx.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
17-05-2015, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see Biggs but where to play him?

G-Mo77
17-05-2015, 08:33 PM
I'd like to see Biggs but where to play him?

Run with role maybe?

Outs: Goodes, Honeybadger (Injured)
Ins: Macrae, Biggs

Happy Days
17-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Calling a player a farce is a bit much isn't it?

Yeah apologies, more frustration at the ruck planning than Ayce himself. He seems really nice!

hujsh
17-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Ayce looked better as a forward today. Maybe give him one more go as a forward who rucks a bit. As people have said the combination of him and Campbell has worked well at VFL level, maybe the same combination (with it weighted so TC does most of the ruckwork) will be effective at AFL level.

G-Mo77
17-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Ayce looked better as a forward today. Maybe give him one more go as a forward who rucks a bit. As people have said the combination of him and Campbell has worked well at VFL level, maybe the same combination (with it weighted so TC does most of the ruckwork) will be effective at AFL level.

Happy to try this and mentioned this in the Ayce thread. He's gaining confidence as a player and I think he can contribute as a backup or in a 2 headed ruckman role. Would love to see he and Campbell together at some stage.

always right
17-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Happy to try this and mentioned this in the Ayce thread. He's gaining confidence as a player and I think he can contribute as a backup or in a 2 headed ruckman role. Would love to see he and Campbell together at some stage.
Agree with this although it does worry me that we could have two lumbering forwards (Cordy and Campbell) exposed on the rebuild.

G-Mo77
17-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Agree with this although it does worry me that we could have two lumbering forwards (Cordy and Campbell) exposed on the rebuild.

Yeah and that's the risk of putting them both there, today could have been a good chance to try it out again. Next week Melbourne is in a similar position with their rucks unless they bring Jamar back.

I'd be leaving Cordy as the sole ruck.

Remi Moses
17-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Let's be honest Cordy has the body of a second year player, and was decent after a slow start .
I'd still look at another mid 20's ruck like Luenberger and unload Minson and Tom C
Just my 2 cents

bornadog
17-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Let's be honest Cordy has the body of a second year player, and was decent after a slow start .
I'd still look at another mid 20's ruck like Luenberger and unload Minson and Tom C
Just my 2 cents

How was Tom C yesterday?

Nuggety Back Pocket
17-05-2015, 10:41 PM
How was Tom C yesterday?

Tom's ruck work yesterday against the Cats Simpson was actually better than Will's. Campbell's lack of mobility around the ground is still however a concern.

Greystache
17-05-2015, 11:10 PM
In- Macrae, Webb, Campbell

Out- Honeychurch, Goodes, Hunter

Honeychurch looks inured but either way I'd give him a spell. Webb after a rest comes in fit Goodes. I want to see Campbell given an extended run, and seeing as though Cordy in undroppable no matter what, Hunter goes out as he doesn't really fit the way we play.

If sanity is restored Cordy out and Hunter stays.

jeemak
18-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Yeah apologies, more frustration at the ruck planning than Ayce himself. He seems really nice!

He does, doesn't he. It's nice to know that you like him being nice.

Remi Moses
18-05-2015, 01:33 AM
How was Tom C yesterday?

He just lumbers and is just to slow around the park.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
18-05-2015, 09:21 AM
He kept going up one handed in the goal square until he realised where he was and took a good mark in the last quarter.

bornadog
18-05-2015, 09:48 AM
He kept going up one handed in the goal square until he realised where he was and took a good mark in the last quarter.

What is it with our big men going up for one handers. Tom Boyd did that a couple of times a few weeks ago, but thank god he sticks up both those big arms in the air now.

LostDoggy
18-05-2015, 11:16 AM
What is it with our big men going up for one handers. Tom Boyd did that a couple of times a few weeks ago, but thank god he sticks up both those big arms in the air now.

I think Boyd was either having one of his arms held or he would be palming it down to one of our runners.

lemmon
18-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Out- Honey, Ayce
In- Biggs, Hamling

Roughy moves to first ruck with Hamling taking the third tall at the back. I like the idea of getting Biggs into the side as a tagger, we've missed a genuine defensive midfielder and it has cut us up three weeks in a row now, offers more than a little going the other way.

Pedro Sanchez
18-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Out- Honey, Ayce
In- Biggs, Hamling

Roughy moves to first ruck with Hamling taking the third tall at the back. I like the idea of getting Biggs into the side as a tagger, we've missed a genuine defensive midfielder and it has cut us up three weeks in a row now, offers more than a little going the other way.

Unsure why you want him to tag when he's been playing well racking up possies and setting up play off half back.

Seems a limiting move.

lemmon
18-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Unsure why you want him to tag when he's been playing well racking up possies and setting up play off half back.

Seems a limiting move.

He tagged for Sydney (did a fairly good job on Griff) and if none of neither Picken or Wallis are tagging in the seniors it looks like a spot to be filled. Are you saying we don't need a tagger or there are better option to fill it?

Cyberdoggie
18-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Not sure why Goodes is a whipping boy this week, I thought it was one of his better games compared to previous this year.

Honeychurch is a clear out, his shoulder looks like it's needs a rest, if Macrae has shown some of the aspects in the VFL that he was dropped for not doing then he would be first in.

In the Freo game we lacked another key marking forward. When Boyd was in the ruck towards the end of the game we didn't look like taking a mark. This was partly because Stringer had a bad day but I felt we needed another big body down there for those key moments. So perhaps Minson might actually come into the side this week with Cordy in there as well because he can't be dropped.
Not sure Hunter has really had an impact as a sub, I guess he will be unlucky unless he is given a full game for someone else.

lemmon
18-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Perhaps Hunter starts and Dale plays the sub? He fits the running half forward/midfielder type that fills it

comrade
18-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Not sure why Goodes is a whipping boy this week, I thought it was one of his better games compared to previous this year.

Goodes kick to a contest on our half back line that led to a turnover and goal was unforgivable in my opinion. He just lets himself down with 1 or 2 howlers a game and I'd prefer to give someone like Biggs or Webb more game time.

chef
18-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Goodes kick to a contest on our half back line that led to a turnover and goal was unforgivable in my opinion. He just lets himself down with 1 or 2 howlers a game and I'd prefer to give someone like Biggs or Webb more game time.

I thought Stevens was at fault not Goodes. Should have came harder at the ball.

Greystache
18-05-2015, 08:22 PM

Agree. I thought it was a good attacking option that was pretty well executed. If Stevens attacks it he takes the mark and we're away.

comrade
18-05-2015, 08:31 PM

Stevens certainly could have moved better but it was still a 50/50 kick in a dangerous spot when he had plenty of other options.

F'scary
18-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Stevens certainly could have moved better but it was still a 50/50 kick in a dangerous spot when he had plenty of other options.

I think Stevens was gesturing to go down the line. He appeared to be yelling, "no...no hot potato pass...for the love of god...noooooooooooo...."

chef
18-05-2015, 08:51 PM

Fair enough, Im only going by what I saw on TV. You guys at the game would have a better idea of what else was around.

LostDoggy
18-05-2015, 09:21 PM

I have to disagree with the first part of your last sentence — 1 or 2 howlers is not enough to drop a bloke after a solid game otherwise — but I do agree with giving Biggs or Webb more game time.

Nuggety Back Pocket
18-05-2015, 10:25 PM
I would be happy to see Macrae back in and for Hambling to make his debut, allowing Roughead to share the ruck duties with Cordy who I expect will be retained. The two to miss to be the injured Honeychurch and Hunter. To use Tom Boyd in the ruck means that we miss his influence as a marking strength in front of goal. Hambling's inclusion also provides the option of moving Fletcher Roberts to the forward line.

1eyedog
18-05-2015, 11:19 PM

Yeah he was setting us up through the middle with the kick and it was good enough, Stevens needed to take two steps forward and take it above his head rather than one step back and try to take it on his chest. We were away too.

Templeton31
21-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Yeah he was setting us up through the middle with the kick and it was good enough, Stevens needed to take two steps forward and take it above his head rather than one step back and try to take it on his chest. We were away too.

Thats exactly what Dunstall said on On the Couch.

bornadog
21-05-2015, 04:25 PM

On watching the replay, I agree. Watching live, it seemed Goodes should have gone down the wing, not back towards the corridor.

Ozza
21-05-2015, 05:53 PM
On watching the replay, I agree. Watching live, it seemed Goodes should have gone down the wing, not back towards the corridor.

He did have Murphy over the top, boundary side as another short option from memory.

Pretty easy from the grandstands of course!!!

1eyedog
21-05-2015, 05:58 PM

I don't watch football programs but it was pretty obvious.

Cyberdoggie
21-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Yeah that was Stevens fault but it was just a typical one where your desperate to move the ball forward quickly but then also tired in the legs and decide not to stop going the way your turn around and take a few steps toward the ball. Basically hoping that it just comes to you and you can be off and running in the same motion.

I thought Goodes nailed a couple of great passes that were just not met appropriately by their intended receivers, he actually looked reasonably confident in this game, you can tell with Brett if he's got nerves or not, sometimes it's just not working for him, other times he can look elite like in the VFL. Seems to have a very fragile self confidence, that when he gets a setback it all falls apart for him.

Ozza
21-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Yeah that was Stevens fault but it was just a typical one where your desperate to move the ball forward quickly but then also tired in the legs and decide not to stop going the way your turn around and take a few steps toward the ball. Basically hoping that it just comes to you and you can be off and running in the same motion.

I thought Goodes nailed a couple of great passes that were just not met appropriately by their intended receivers, he actually looked reasonably confident in this game, you can tell with Brett if he's got nerves or not, sometimes it's just not working for him, other times he can look elite like in the VFL. Seems to have a very fragile self confidence, that when he gets a setback it all falls apart for him.

In the same theme as Goodes & confidence. Hopefully Jong's confidence isn't too dented from the weekend. He started the year with great confidence after his (reportedly) huge pre-season...would hate for the one week he had off, and then coming in a week early - throw him of course for a section of the season.

Twodogs
21-05-2015, 06:59 PM

What did you think of Stringers game on the replay? I thought he was really quiet at the ground but just watching the game again he did some really good things.

Mantis
21-05-2015, 07:30 PM
In - Grant, Hrovat, Biggs, Macrae
Out - Honeychurch

GVGjr
21-05-2015, 07:35 PM
In - Grant, Hrovat, Biggs, Macrae
Out - Honeychurch

I like the in's.
Sticking with Cordy is no real surprise

jeemak
21-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I like the in's.
Sticking with Cordy is no real surprise

I want to see Grant get in, put in a good performance and get some confidence. It's now or never for him at round 8, there's not a lot of time left for him to deliver.

1eyedog
21-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Wonder what the odds are that Will Minson is about to sign a contract elsewhere for next season.

azabob
21-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Talia on the extended bench. Will he play?

LostDoggy
21-05-2015, 08:03 PM

Surely he would not be dropped? He has taken best forward every week.

ratsmac
21-05-2015, 08:03 PM

You would think he would have taken Dawes. Dawes is out so maybe they think it's a good time to give him a rest. Just speculating.

bulldogtragic
21-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Granty!!!!

ledge
21-05-2015, 08:26 PM
But Hogan and Watts are in for Melbourne

Pickenitup
21-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Surely Talia plays melb are quite big up Forward Hogan Watts Pedersen and you would think Gawn Or Fitzpatrick will play.

Hot_Doggies
21-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Wonder what the odds are that Will Minson is about to sign a contract elsewhere for next season.

Williamstown or Port Melbourne??

I don't see him getting picked up.

LostDoggy
21-05-2015, 08:47 PM
What did you think of Stringers game on the replay? I thought he was really quiet at the ground but just watching the game again he did some really good things.

I thought he alright, but I thought it was just me.

Twodogs
21-05-2015, 08:57 PM
I thought he alright, but I thought it was just me.

I didn't pick up a few things he did. The long bomb to the Dickson/Freo #33 contest in the last was him and the disciplined kick to the hotspot for Dickson to run in and mark in the last was him as well

G-Mo77
21-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Williamstown or Port Melbourne??

I don't see him getting picked up.

Of course he would. Even if he gets buried for the rest of the year in the VFL he'd get a short contract elsewhere.

LostDoggy
21-05-2015, 09:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFhYEnLVIAA7UM-.png:large

Great to see Shane Biggs get called up , looks like Bevo has set up for more run and spread , possibly Goodes, Macrae and Hunter will drop out

Mantis
21-05-2015, 10:40 PM

His performance was well below par. He had 4 kicks for the game, and whilst most of them were effective he just didn't get enough of it... All this while the man he was on for large parts was absolutely dominant.

Looking for a much better game from him this week.

Twodogs
21-05-2015, 10:44 PM
His performance was well below par. He had 4 kicks for the game, and whilst most of them were effective he just didn't get enough of it... All this while the man he was on for large parts was absolutely dominant.

Looking for a much better game from him this week.

You're right four kicks aren't nearly enough. But they were four pretty bloody good kicks though.

Remi Moses
21-05-2015, 10:49 PM
I'd like to see Macrae play to expose their lack of midfield depth.

Remi Moses
21-05-2015, 10:51 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFhYEnLVIAA7UM-.png:large

Great to see Shane Biggs get called up , looks like Bevo has set up for more run and spread , possibly Goodes, Macrae and Hunter will drop out

Interesting to see that Watts wants to play this week.
Never heard anything more rediculous last week

bornadog
21-05-2015, 11:18 PM
wouldn't be surprised to see Hunter dropped.

Twodogs
21-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Interesting to see that Watts wants to play this week.
Never heard anything more rediculous last week

I hope somebody remembered to ask him if he feels like playing this week. It would be pretty embarrassing if they have named him and he still can't be bothered.

Rocket Science
22-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Noted with curiosity during the week Roos declaring they chose not to bother with a review of their last contest either, didn't want to put the players through it.

I hope we bury them, convincingly.

1eyedog
22-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Of course he would. Even if he gets buried for the rest of the year in the VFL he'd get a short contract elsewhere.

Yeah of course he will. A club that thinks it has an experienced midfield but a crap ruck, Carlton would be the first candidate off the top of my head.

KT31
22-05-2015, 12:14 PM

Funnily enough if he was on another clubs list I'm sure we would be having a chat to him.

F'scary
22-05-2015, 01:48 PM
If we are in serious finals contention at the pointy end of the home-and-away season and if the Ayce-in-the-Pack doesn't continue to improve enough and Campbell's form doesn't pick up sufficiently, a fresh, fit and angry Will Minson could feature heavily in our fortunes. What the future holds beyond 2015, I don't know. I am pretty sure he would be of serious interest to at least one other club (without being able to name which one off the top of my head). We should be pretty hopeful of trading for a decent second round pick (pick 30 or even better if there is interest from more than one source). But this is getting off topic. It is a major point of interest as to how the Ayce will go on Sunday. If we win, an ordinary performance can be overlooked. If he plays unequivocally well, great. But if we lose and he plays poorly...

1eyedog
22-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Funnily enough if he was on another clubs list I'm sure we would be having a chat to him.

Not so sure of that, doesn't seem to be in our plans at all. He at least doesn't appear to be a critical aspect of them anyway. I think Bevo would be happy to get by with Cordy, Campbell, Jong, Bont, Goodes et al. doing the ruck work.

Greystache
22-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I think we'll make minimal changes based on that squad. I wonder if we'll give Macrae another in the VFL, I think we might.

I'd say;

Out- Honeychurch
In- Biggs

The Bulldogs Bite
22-05-2015, 04:43 PM
I think we'll make minimal changes based on that squad. I wonder if we'll give Macrae another in the VFL, I think we might.

I'd say;

Out- Honeychurch
In- Biggs

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Maybe Hrovat instead of Biggs.

Alternatively we might be a little spooked into rightfully wanting to add another pure mid, given Wallis/Jong struggled and Dale is in his second game. Macrae (if in form) would be a welcome addition.

I hope we make a few changes personally (Out - Honey/Goodes and maybe Talia, In - Hrovat, Macrae, Biggs)

Mantis
22-05-2015, 05:06 PM
I would think that Grant gets a game based on the positive comments from Chris Maple... My bench is Macrae, Hrovat, Talia & Grant.

If Hunter does play he can't be the sub again.

Remi Moses
22-05-2015, 05:51 PM
If we are in serious finals contention at the pointy end of the home-and-away season and if the Ayce-in-the-Pack doesn't continue to improve enough and Campbell's form doesn't pick up sufficiently, a fresh, fit and angry Will Minson could feature heavily in our fortunes. What the future holds beyond 2015, I don't know. I am pretty sure he would be of serious interest to at least one other club (without being able to name which one off the top of my head). We should be pretty hopeful of trading for a decent second round pick (pick 30 or even better if there is interest from more than one source). But this is getting off topic. It is a major point of interest as to how the Ayce will go on Sunday. If we win, an ordinary performance can be overlooked. If he plays unequivocally well, great. But if we lose and he plays poorly...

A fit and angry Minson means plenty of opposition free kicks, and doesn't make him cover the ground any quicker

Templeton31
22-05-2015, 05:59 PM
I would think that Grant gets a game based on the positive comments from Chris Maple... My bench is Macrae, Hrovat, Talia & Grant.

If Hunter does play he can't be the sub again.

I don't think Hunters done much. Agree re Grant though - unlucky to be dropped and then done the right thing at Footscray level.

My Bench: Macrae Talia Grant Goodes

Biggs sounds like he's banging down the door though so Biggs instead of Goodes a possibility.

bornadog
22-05-2015, 06:05 PM

I'd say;

Out- Honeychurch
In- Biggs

Final Team - spot on

Melbourne a few changes:

In : Fitzpatrick, Watts, Riley, Hogan, Newton

Out: Dawes, Michie, Tyson, Salem, Stretch.

Dry Rot
22-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing Biggs play.

F'scary
22-05-2015, 08:02 PM

I'd say;

Out- Honeychurch
In- Biggs

It would appear that you have some inside connections.

F'scary
22-05-2015, 08:03 PM
A fit and angry Minson means plenty of opposition free kicks, and doesn't make him cover the ground any quicker

But think of all the stoppages we would win!

Remi Moses
22-05-2015, 09:22 PM
But think of all the stoppages we would win!

We lost last week because we made costly late errors
Had nothing to do with stoppages

Greystache
22-05-2015, 09:31 PM
It would appear that you have some inside connections.

No, I just looked at the squad. Hrovat hasn't been consistent enough at AFL level, and even in a good VFL performance he was only good in bursts, he's a good player but he needs more consistent impact. We've seen enough of Grant. And I don't think a talent like Macrae learns enough from one week out of the seniors. Ergo the changes I suggested.

boydogs
23-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Melbourne a few changes:

In : Fitzpatrick, Watts, Riley, Hogan, Newton

Out: Dawes, Michie, Tyson, Salem, Stretch.

Huge outs for Melbourne. Salem, Dawes & Tyson all injured after a 100+ point loss. We should win easily

ratsmac
23-05-2015, 12:16 AM
I thought Macrae would come back in. They really must want him to work on some things before coming back in.
I'm looking forward to seeing Bigsy play.
So many surprise selections this year. It's hard to predict what Bevo is going to do next. He's cutting edge.

KT31
23-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Huge outs for Melbourne. Salem, Dawes & Tyson all injured after a 100+ point loss. We should win easily

Sometimes its the oppositions outs that go against you, you spend all week trying to get the match ups right and then the opposition changes or they play a new kid who you know nothing about and it takes a quarter or two to get his opponent right.
Not sure about us winning easily, I would just like us to go into the game confident but not over confident.

jeemak
24-05-2015, 02:33 AM
Sometimes its the oppositions outs that go against you, you spend all week trying to get the match ups right and then the opposition changes or they play a new kid who you know nothing about and it takes a quarter or two to get his opponent right.
Not sure about us winning easily, I would just like us to go into the game confident but not over confident.

I kind of get the feeling by how we're setting up each week it's all about us and not about the opposition anyway. The narrative from the top teams in recent seasons has suggested this is the new order, and it's been shown this season in only a few minor changes being made throughout games by the top teams and seeing them come back with massive swings in momentum throughout games after they have been caught out at the start of games. Admittedly it's a strategy that has seen games lost, but I think teams are more and more concentrating on what they do well and throwing it at the opposition and going for broke. We did that against Fremantle last week, with the only tactical change really being how our ruck and stoppage work was altered.

As a philosophy I'm all for it, it makes for better viewing, and as long as we start the game this week like we played from quarter time last week I think we'll account for ourselves really well.

Mantis
25-05-2015, 10:00 AM
I was pretty strong all week that we needed to make multiple changes to:

1/ Reward good performances from players who went back to Footscray (Macrae, Grant)

2/ Remove under performing players from the senior side.

With such a young side at the minute we really need to be making more than 1 change per week to keep the energy levels high.

Ozza
25-05-2015, 10:12 AM
I was pretty strong all week that we needed to make multiple changes to:

1/ Reward good performances from players who went back to Footscray (Macrae, Grant)

2/ Remove under performing players from the senior side.

With such a young side at the minute we really need to be making more than 1 change per week to keep the energy levels high.

I've tended to be more on the critical side of Grant - but apart from missing shots on goal, he was fantastic in the first half of the VFL this week.

My understanding is that he didn't know before the game that he was going to be heading to the G' after a half of footy, and that Bevo spoke to him at half time.

Sedat
25-05-2015, 11:40 AM
I was pretty strong all week that we needed to make multiple changes
This should have really started after the Sydney game. We are GWS and GC levels of inexperienced, and we need to spread the load across the whole squad throughout the season.

I'd be expecting to see 4-6 changes this week as young players are flagging with the workload. Bont is a good example - he is only a few months older than most 1st year draftees and he is getting smashed every week by the opposition's #1 run-with player.