PDA

View Full Version : Players that have left the club over the years – for whatever reasons

BulldogBelle
19-11-2007, 10:10 PM
There have been many Bulldog players over the years that left the club either by way of being traded, seeking greener pastures, chasing the almighty dollar, a falling out with the club or have just have been delisted. I know there is quite a few to pick from but pick the two that most impacted on you.

Which two players would you take back in a heartbeat if they could have returned to the club at that time?

1. Jim Edmond - I was absolutely gutted when he left to go to to Syd and Bris, he was our captain and my favourite player of that era.

2. Doug Hawkins - when he left to play for Fitzroy in his final year, another favourite and I always wanted him to finish his career with the Dogs. I remember I refused to go to any Bulldog vs Fitzroy games whilst he was wearing the Fitzroy colours.

The Coon Dog
19-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Tony McGuinness - he was terrific & it was almost impossible to retain him once the Crows entered the competition.

Michael McKenna - from memory he never wanted to leave but was sold to Richmond. Rumour has it he was on the receiving end of one of the worst free kicks ever in the history of the game. That true twodogs?

Brett Montgomery - What was Wallace thinking? :eek:

Oops, that's three. Sorry. :o

FrediKanoute
20-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Nathan Brown - left the club to seek finals footy and premiership glory.....what was he thinking :D

Rod "Rocket" MacPherson - the older brother of Steve "Super" MacPherson was given the Brisbane as one of the contributing players the Victorian sides were required to provide....sad, sad, sad day

Mantis
20-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Luke Penny - It looked like we had finally found a key defender when this bloke moved over to St.Kilda citing personal reasons, something to do with being picked on??

Kym Koster - Was starting to blossom as a tough in and under/ tagging midfielder when he went back to Adelaide.

Templeton31
20-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Kelvin Templeton - the end of childhood footy-inocence for me.

Topdog
20-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Michael Mclean - Really loved this guy as a little kid and his number was on my back. Was very disappointed when he left.

Only putting 1 but Coon Dogs 3 make up for it.

Sockeye Salmon
20-11-2007, 12:11 PM
B: Hardie, Sandilands, Penny
HB: McLean, McGhie, Cameron
C: Collins, Featherby, Thorpe
HF: McGuinness, Templeton, Stoneham
F: Brown, Quinlan, Edmond
R: Dempsey, Dunstan, Bissett
I: Round, Huppatz, Montgomery, Koster, N. Cordy

Murray Rance and Bruce Reid get left out for costing us father/son picks.

The Coon Dog
20-11-2007, 12:19 PM

The sad par is that's a f---ing ripper side! Look at each line individually & tell me if there's a weak link.

BulldogBelle
21-11-2007, 01:03 AM

Hey SS, could you not find a spot for Doug Hawkins in that talented line-up?

Sockeye Salmon
21-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Hey SS, could you not find a spot for Doug Hawkins in that talented line-up?

Doug Hawkins never played for anyone else.

BulldogBelle
21-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Doug Hawkins never played for anyone else.

Yeah, he did his last season of football - he played for Fitzroy. Did you forget that?

Sockeye Salmon
21-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah, he did his last season of football - he played for Fitzroy. Did you forget that?

DID NOT!!!!

*puts fingers in ears and starts to hum*

Not listening to BB
Not listening to BB
Not listening to BB

BulldogBelle
21-11-2007, 01:29 AM
DID NOT!!!!

*puts fingers in ears and starts to hum*

Not listening to BB
Not listening to BB
Not listening to BB

Ahhh, I get it - you are exhibiting the signs of selective memory or perhaps a dose of amnesia? ;)

Don't blame you, I hate thinking of him as having spent his final year at Fitzroy and making their Team of the century claiming a spot on the bench after only playing some 20 games with them.

Sockeye Salmon
21-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Ahhh, I get it - you are exhibiting the signs of selective memory or perhaps a dose of amnesia? ;)

Don't blame you, I hate thinking of him as having spent his final year at Fitzroy and making their Team of the century claiming a spot on the bench after only playing some 20 games with them.

Did he really?

BulldogBelle
21-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Did he really?

No, just teasing. :D

Although, it wouldn't have surprised me if he had.

The Coon Dog
21-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Just a little teaser for you SS. What # did the Hawk wear at Fitzroy?

Sockeye Salmon
21-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Just a little teaser for you SS. What # did the Hawk wear at Fitzroy?

Why can't I just answer 3?

The Coon Dog
21-11-2007, 11:03 AM

Why can't I just answer 3?

You could have typed in three!

ledge
29-04-2009, 03:13 PM
The great EJ would have been in that side if Nth Melb didnt ask him to start in the reserves!

Desipura
29-04-2009, 04:02 PM
The sad par is that's a f---ing ripper side! Look at each line individually & tell me if there's a weak link.
yes, first line of defence, Hardie never manned up! :D