PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 9 vs GWS Giants

Eastdog
23-05-2015, 08:01 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 9 match against GWS Giants at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
24-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Surely a few changes are in order.

bulldogtragic
24-05-2015, 06:47 PM
In:

Grant, Campbell, Webb, Hrovat, Macrae

Out:

Cordy, Bonts (rested), Goodes (injured), Hunter, Crameri

jeemak
24-05-2015, 07:05 PM
How did Campbell play today?

GVGjr
24-05-2015, 07:12 PM
How did Campbell play today?

Good but not great.

jeemak
24-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Thanks GvGjr.

Let's get him in so we can get closer in the hit-outs!

bulldogtragic
24-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Thanks GvGjr.

In my humble opinion Campbell has shown more as a ruckman and far more as a forward. Fairly and sincerely; What has Ayce been doing so well the last few weeks to contribute to our team performances (which have been losses by coincidence)?

jeemak
24-05-2015, 07:26 PM
I thought Ayce was quite good against the Saints and deserved to keep his spot the following week. Last week he didn't have much of an impact and I thought it was the same this week.

With respect to Campbell I'm not confident he'll perform any better overall, especially around the ground from what I've seen, but I'm happy to give him a go.

However, if we are just wanting to garner a few more hit-outs through a Campbell selection then I think that's a stupid decision to make.

GVGjr
24-05-2015, 07:34 PM
I'll have a better look at things soon, but I have earmarked Hamling for McCartney. Macrae has to come in as does Grant. Webb would have to be likely and Honeychurch and Hrovat as well.
Hunter is a logical out for me.

Mantis
24-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Do you take the rest us as fools?

jeemak
24-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Do you take the rest us as fools?

No, of course not.

Mantis
24-05-2015, 07:45 PM
No, of course not.

So why make a comment like that?

We are 1-3 since Cordy took over as our no 1 ruck and whilst he is not solely to blame for these results our current set-up isn't working and needs to be changed.

jeemak
24-05-2015, 07:51 PM
So why make a comment like that?

We are 1-3 since Cordy took over as our no 1 ruck and whilst he is not solely to blame for these results our current set-up isn't working and needs to be changed.

Because to this point most of the reasoning behind the change is to even up the ruck contests. As above, I think that's not sufficient reason to bring Campbell in.

If we think Campbell can provide a rounded ruck performance (hit-outs, around the ground etc.) then I think we can give him a go.

I've said myself numerous times Cordy needs to get stronger, and I've also advocated for him to concentrate on that as his number one priority in lieu of not actually playing games.

Today we had many players who did not perform adequately, and performed worse than Cordy did for their respective positions on the ground, and I think this needs to be reflected in the selections for the coming week.

bornadog
24-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Agree with BT

westbulldog
24-05-2015, 08:00 PM
out goodes (inj) biggs cordy hunter
in hamling grant hrovat macrae

jeemak
24-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Hitouts were even today

What were they to half time prior to Roughead going into the ruck? He and Cordy had 20 each for the day.

bornadog
24-05-2015, 08:02 PM
What were they to half time prior to Roughead going into the ruck? He and Cordy had 20 each for the day.

Not sure, and don't really care any more about hitouts.

lemmon
24-05-2015, 08:10 PM
In- Hamling, Macrae, Webb, Grant, Honeychurch

Out- Cordy, Goodes, Hunter, Biggs, Jong

Roughead moves to first ruck with Hamling slotting in to the back half. Webb a straight swap for Biggs and Jong needs a spell. I'd like to get Redpath and Hrovat back in there somewhere and would consider giving Bonti a spell if we weren't so light on for clearance winners

FrediKanoute
24-05-2015, 08:11 PM
In: Grant, Macrae, Webb, Redpath, Hunter

Out: Jong (not right and is still carrying his hand); Goodes (suspected broekn arm); Boyd T (Needs a break, be good to go back and get some ball at Footscray); Honeychurch (just offers more than Hunter at the moment both ways); Dale (harsh, but hard to keep Webb out).

Greystache
24-05-2015, 08:13 PM
In- Webb, Macrae, Hrovat
Out- Biggs, Hunter, Goodes

Biggs was very poor and Webb should come back in to play his role. Goodes was poor and Macrae is an improvement through the midfield. Hunter has champagne tastes but only beer money, that's not good, Hrovat is a better user of the ball and harder at the contest.

I'd obviously like Campbell to come in but there's no point suggesting something that won't possibly happen.

1eyedog
24-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Agree with BT
Me too although I think Crameri is likely to come good before the others.

Remi Moses
24-05-2015, 08:18 PM
In Webb Macrae honeychurch Hrovat Campbell

Out - Cordy or Boyd Goodes Biggs Jong ( he was really poor)

Happy Days
24-05-2015, 08:22 PM
In - Webb Macrae Grant Hamling

Out - CORDY Goodes Biggs Jong

Like Lemmon said Roughead to first ruck and Hamling to Stewart/McCarthy. Jong is clearly not right and needs a proper rest, and Biggs looked totally overawed.

Cordy and Goodes don't play again ever.

bulldogtragic
24-05-2015, 08:22 PM
If Grant dominates as he's asked to do and kicks 3 goals in a half, then gets dragged to warm seats in the MCG change rooms and that costs him selection I will spew. He didn't do a lot wrong to get dropped in the first place, and has played really well with Footscray. If he's denied promotion because of a want to have him at the MCG, I will post a viral video that will make that angry Britney Spears fan from a few years ago look tame.

ReLoad
24-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Out:
Goodes (inj)
Hunter (needs a lengthy spell in the VFL doing the basics)
Jong (his hand isn't right)
Cordy - jokes over right?
Crameri - he looks cooked for the second week in a row.

In:
Campbell - (i would have said Minson but he will have a spell for breathing on the ump.)
Webb - was great the first few weeks and was great again today in the VFL
Macrae - We need an outside runner - served his penance, very good in the VFL
Grant - last roll of the dice ol son.
Hamling - stuffed if I know why Biggs got the nod over him.

lemmon
24-05-2015, 08:25 PM
If he's denied promotion because of a want to have him at the MCG, I will post a viral video that will make that angry Britney Spears fan from a few years ago look tame.

Can we hold you to that?! ;)

azabob
24-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Where is Stringer at?

bulldogtragic
24-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Can we hold you to that?! ;)

Maybe :)

GVGjr
24-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Where is Stringer at?

In terms of senior selection? Cant see him being dropped

chef
24-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Where is Stringer at?

If he could nail the set shots he would have had a good game

Go_Dogs
24-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Outs:-
Cordy, Goodes, Dale, Biggs

Ins:-
Hamling, Webb, Macrae, Grant

Maybe Honeychurch in Hunter out as another change, but 5 seems unrealistic.

Greystache
24-05-2015, 08:45 PM
If he could nail the set shots he would have had a good game

But he can't, and the way he drops the ball, he won't. You can't drop the ball diagonally and expect to kick straight. He may as well just chip the ball to the top of the goal square, even if he's 20m out, or handball to someone near by. It's our best chance for a goal.

GVGjr
24-05-2015, 08:45 PM
In's - Grant, Macrae, Webb, Hrovat and Hamling or Campbell
Out's - Goodes, Hunter, Biggs, Dale and Cordy

Grant was excellent to half time, assuming he is well he will give as a spark.
Macrae has had two weeks to find the pill and he use of it this week is back to where it should be.
Webb was one of the best today and deserves his spot back.
Hrovat is ready for a promotion

It would be a huge gamble to have Hamling in as a replacement in defense allowing Roughead to play as the sole ruckman so I need to make up my mind between Campbell or Hamling.

chef
24-05-2015, 08:52 PM
But he can't, and the way he drops the ball, he won't. You can't drop the ball diagonally and expect to kick straight. He may as well just chip the ball to the top of the goal square, even if he's 20m out, or handball to someone near by. It's our best chance for a goal.
Or just play on at all costs, hes great on the run under pressure.

surely the clubs trying to fix his issues

lemmon
24-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Or just play on at all costs, hes great on the run under pressure.

surely the clubs trying to fix his issues

Should get back in whoever did the work with Jones, his kicking was the best part of his game last year

boydogs
24-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Bonts was tagged out of it, not sure he needs to be rested

Crameri was played in the midfield which is not his go

Plenty of others not contributing that can make way for the performers in the VFL

LostDoggy
24-05-2015, 09:37 PM
In- Macrae, Hamling, Hrovat,Honeychurch( if unfit bring either Grant or Webb in)
Out- Cordy, Goodes, Hunter, Dale
Cordy has been given a chance but not up to it at this point. Shame but glad he was given a chance. Roughy into 1st ruck.
Goodes looked like he broke his arm.
Hunter, not sure where he fits into this team. His endeavour was at least better than last week
Dale no real reason but need a change.
I don't think Biggs would be dropped after 1 game as they seam to like giving guys a couple of games.

Rocco Jones
24-05-2015, 09:47 PM
In- Grant, Webb, Hamling, Macrae

G-Mo77
24-05-2015, 09:48 PM
I'll do my outs later or tomorrow but Jong would be one. Hasn't looked himself in either game since he's been back.

Nuggety Back Pocket
24-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Macrae has had two weeks to find the pill and he use of it this week is back to where it should be.

It would be a huge gamble to have Hamling in as a replacement in defense allowing Roughead to play as the sole ruckman so I need to make up my mind between Campbell or Hamling.
I would play Campbell at the expense of Cordy. Campbell is a lot better tap ruckman and stronger against Mumford. Jong has played injured the past two weeks and should be rested. The forward line was very poor today and hopefully Grant can provide a spark. Hrovat is a better player than Hunter and needs to return. I would like to see Dale retained. Macrae is too good a ball getter not to be in the side. His recall is a must.

BulldogBelle
24-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I don't think Biggs would be dropped after 1 game as they seam to like giving guys a couple of games.

Redpath was.

G-Mo77
24-05-2015, 09:51 PM
In- Grant, Webb, Hamling, Macrae

Like it Rocco. Thinking the same although I'd have Honeychurch in there over Grant. Roughead looked good out there today as a ruck. Hamling frees him up to play there. Can we do it against Mumford?

The Underdog
24-05-2015, 10:11 PM

Pretty much in agreement with this, although I'd give the Hamling to the backline and Roughy to the ruck thing a shot. Almost wouldn't be surprised to see Minson in against Mumford, but think that maybe for whatever reason, his cards are marked.

The Pie Man
24-05-2015, 10:19 PM
In: McCrae, Grant, Redpath
Out: Goodes, Jong, T Boyd

bornadog
24-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Bulldogs could rest tired Boyd from Giants clash (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-24/bulldogs-could-rest-tired-boyd-from-giants-clash)

Ozza
25-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Outs: Goodes (Inj.) Dale, Cordy, Jong, T.Boyd
Ins: Macrae, Hrovat, Campbell/Minson (if available), Grant, Redpath.

Boyd a rest by the sounds of Bevo's presser.
The other 'In's' because they are better players than the outs.

bornadog
25-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Outs: Goodes (Inj.) Dale, Cordy, Jong, T.Boyd
Ins: Macrae, Hrovat, Campbell/Minson (if available), Grant, Redpath.

Boyd a rest by the sounds of Bevo's presser.
The other 'In's' because they are better players than the outs.

I like your selections. I think TBoyd will be rested and Redpath will take his spot.

always right
25-05-2015, 10:14 AM
THis is what I'd like to see;

Out: Goodes (inj), Cordy, Dale, Jong, Boyd
In: Macrae, Webb, Grant, Redpath, Hamling

Don't think they'll drop Biggs after one match, Hamling in to allow Roughy to ruck with Redpath to give him a break.

Ozza
25-05-2015, 10:19 AM
I like your selections. I think TBoyd will be rested and Redpath will take his spot.

Redpath was quite dominant yesterday, albeit an easy win, but he led well, marked everything, worked up and back really well - and made a number of chases when NB were running the ball out. I'd have thought the coaches would have been rapt with his game. I'm surprised he only kicked 5 - he seemed to be shooting for goal from a set shot every few minutes!

G-Mo77
25-05-2015, 10:24 AM
THis is what I'd like to see;

Out: Goodes (inj), Cordy, Dale, Jong, Boyd
In: Macrae, Webb, Grant, Redpath, Hamling

Don't think they'll drop Biggs after one match, Hamling in to allow Roughy to ruck with Redpath to give him a break.

Similar to me although I'd probably have Honeychurch as an in instead of Grant. He didn't do a lot wrong while playing AFL and think he'll be back in pretty quickly. I think he's been missed in our side. Did he play VFL yesterday?

Like you I'm leaving Hunter in who wasn't to bad yesterday. Did some good things. I see a Biggs promotion pointless if we only gave him one week so he stays. Dale unlucky but he's got a taste now. Jong's been dreadful and needs to find some form, maybe even another week off.

Like you I would like to give Roughead a go as our ruck but I'm concerned Mummy will knock him around and Roughy isn't the most durable guy. If we want to counter that I'd leave Hamling out and have Minson (If not suspended) or Campbell in.

Mantis
25-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Similar to me although I'd probably have Honeychurch as an in instead of Grant. He didn't do a lot wrong while playing AFL and think he'll be back in pretty quickly. I think he's been missed in our side. Did he play VFL yesterday?

Honeychurch was given the week off... We missed his F50 pressure yesterday, but in all seriousness Grant has to play next week or should never play again.

Like you I'm leaving Hunter in who wasn't to bad yesterday. Did some good things. I see a Biggs promotion pointless if we only gave him one week so he stays. Dale unlucky but he's got a taste now. Jong's been dreadful and needs to find some form, maybe even another week off.

But his promotion was pointless... Why bring in another half back flanker when we already have Wood, Murphy, Boyd & JJ filling this role successfully?

G-Mo77
25-05-2015, 10:36 AM
But his promotion was pointless... Why bring in another half back flanker when we already have Wood, Murphy, Boyd & JJ filling this role successfully?

Fair point I just don't like one week in one week out. Is he just a HBF though. Can he play other roles?

Mantis
25-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Fair point I just don't like one week in one week out. Is he just a HBF though. Can he play other roles?

He played on the wing too, but not successfully.. Seriously under-whelming performance.

G-Mo77
25-05-2015, 10:53 AM
He played on the wing too, but not successfully.. Seriously under-whelming performance.

No arguments from me there. I was really disappointed.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-05-2015, 11:15 AM

I'm not a fan of one week in one week out either, but I think in the case, his first game for the club, he needs to be under no illusions as to what the standards are. Biggs didn't even reach the bare necessities of what is required yesterday. I think he needs to go back down and show he deserves to get another chance.

KT31
25-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Is Emma King allowed to come in for Cordy ?

Happy Days
25-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Just a thought on Biggs.

He impressed all of us with his job on Voldemort last year, and we've been destroyed in the past two weeks by the opposition's best midfielder. Maybe instead of whatever it was he was doing yesterday, he could go back to what impressed us in the first place and kill Griffen again?

Greystache
25-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Just a thought on Biggs.

He impressed all of us with his job on Voldemort last year, and we've been destroyed in the past two weeks by the opposition's best midfielder. Maybe instead of whatever it was he was doing yesterday, he could go back to what impressed us in the first place and kill Griffen again?

Isn't tagging one of the traditional football things we don't do anymore? I can't recall us tagging an opposition mid all season, even when some of them were getting mid 40's possessions. I think we have to write it off along with first hands on the ball and clearances as not something we want.

Avoid the rush
25-05-2015, 12:21 PM
In - Webb Macrae Grant Hamling

Out - CORDY Goodes Biggs Jong

Like Lemmon said Roughead to first ruck and Hamling to Stewart/McCarthy. Jong is clearly not right and needs a proper rest, and Biggs looked totally overawed.

Cordy and Goodes don't play again ever.

Unfortunately Roughy can't ruck all game, even half of it. His shoulders wont let him.

G-Mo77
25-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Just a thought on Biggs.

Would love to see that but we haven't started putting work into single players at all this season. I can't see us starting it this week.

F'scary
25-05-2015, 02:19 PM
I think we need to ring the changes.

Out:
Goodes (inj), Biggs, Dale, Cordy, Hunter, Jong (inj), Tom Boyd

In: Campbell, Hamling, Redpath, Grant, Macrae, Webb, Honeychurch.

Suggestions: Bonti is having trouble with the tags, play him as a deep forward for a change. Dickson should be in his rightful place too. Perhaps F: Dickson, Stringer, Bontempelli

We are being smashed too often in the stoppages lately. Perhaps get Wallis and Matt Boyd in there from the centre bounce and have Picken given a tagging assignment against their most prolific mid.

Remi Moses
25-05-2015, 02:49 PM
They won't make 7 changes .

The Bulldogs Bite
25-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Out:
Goodes - Injured but shouldn't play again anyway.
Dale - Not quite ready.
Jong - Two extremely poor games.
Cordy - Surely the experiment is over.

Other possible outs: Boyd (rested), Hunter, Biggs

In:
Macrae - Should have played last week.
Hrovat - Should have played last week.
Grant - Probably should have played last week.
Campbell - Better than Ayce.

Other possible ins: Redpath (for Boyd), Webb (BOG in VFL)

- Honeychurch will probably be considered but his form had tapered anyway for mine. We could conceivably make 6-7 changes but I think we'll keep it at 4.

Pickenitup
25-05-2015, 05:37 PM
IN Minson (surely case gets thrown out) Grant Macrae Redpath Hrovat
Out Goodes(inj) Cordy Hunter Jong(Inj) Dale

Minno and Redpath to do Rucking leave Roughy down back Keep Boyd down Forward and Let Biggs do a job on Griff like he did last year.

always right
25-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Minson won't be playing...no matter how soft the contact was with the umpire. The AFL (VFL) love making statements about this sort of thing so I expect him to miss at least two weeks. It's actually be the perfect opportunity for Beveridge to elevate Campbell......Cordy dropped, Minson unavailable, Campbell in the best for Footscray and we're playing againt a big bodied old fashioned ruckman.

Eastdog
25-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Tom Boyd you could drop but I would keep him in the side still. Bonts might need a spell. Would really like to see Campbell get a call up. I think Goodes and Cordy needs to go back to ressies.

The bulldog tragician
25-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Tom Boyd you could drop but I would keep him in the side still. Bonts might need a spell. Would really like to see Campbell get a call up. I think Goodes and Cordy needs to go back to ressies.

Goodes has a broken wrist, Easty, so will be a definite omission.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 01:55 AM

My mistake yep obviously will not play next week.

Toby Mclean. How far away would he be from senior selection.

Go_Dogs
26-05-2015, 08:57 AM
My mistake yep obviously will not play next week.

Toby Mclean. How far away would he be from senior selection.

Seems he's getting close, although he may be behind Hrovat and Honeychurch who will be in the frame to return.

KT31
26-05-2015, 09:20 AM

I'm not sure how Goodes didn't get a free kick as he had his hands on the ball and the Melbourne opponent kicked him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-25/dogs-lose-veteran-defender-for-up-to-two-months

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Declean Hamilton, Caleb Daniel I'm sure will feature at some point this year.

1eyedog
26-05-2015, 09:36 AM
I think we look more edgy with Honeychurch in the team. I think he or Hrovat simply have to come in. A team of Hamling, Biggs, Webb and Grant looks a bit soft to me and comes with risk. Happy to include Grant but one of our smalls needs to come in as well.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 10:28 AM
I think we look more edgy with Honeychurch in the team. I think he or Hrovat simply have to come in. A team of Hamling, Biggs, Webb and Grant looks a bit soft to me and comes with risk. Happy to include Grant but one of our smalls needs to come in as well.

Yes I like Honeychurch in the team. Macrae is another that should come in. Grant I'm just not sure of. Has potential as we keep saying but if he doesn't fire then he'll be in danger. Libba is a big loss and would make a big difference through the middle. I look forward to seeing him back again next year.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-05-2015, 02:07 PM

Tend to agree. Honeychurch isn't as talented as a lot of the guys on our list, but his effort and attitude has almost made him a lock when he's fit. I think he was tiring in the last week or two prior to the general soreness though.

I can't see Hunter and Biggs lasting long with Hrovat and Macrae in the wings. Even Grant, for all his faults, is much harder in the contest than the former two.

Cyberdoggie
26-05-2015, 02:20 PM
We have been at our best when Honey was harassing opposition defenders, we have really missed that the last few weeks, it certainly wasn't there against Melbourne.
Having said that he carrying a sore shoulder related injury that has been shown up a couple of times this year so he may need more than just a week off, even though I'd love to have him back in there at his best.

Webb was simply too good for VFL level this week, he's had his rest and should come back in.

Hrovat was good also but has had mixed success when going up the grade, probably should come in.

Campbell for Cordy is a no brainer, if that doesn't happen then I will be utterly confused as to what's going on, Cordy clearly isn't good enough as a ruckman or a forward, we gave it a go and it failed, time to move on I'm afraid.

Grant only played a half against a non competitive North Ballarat side and was dominant the week before.
Seems to be playing with some real focus though and wouldn't surprise me to see him included.

I thought Hunter was average to poor again and probably doesn't deserve a game but going on selection form he will probably get another game.

Jong definitely isn't right, whether it be in his head or an injury that is stopping him. Give him some time off and a confidence booster in the VFL.

Was also not too impressed by Bigg's game but he might be given another chance.

So all in all there could be heaps of changes but the certainties for me are Campbell for Cordy, Hrovat for Goodes, Macrae for Jong.

Sedat
26-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Campbell for Cordy (omitted)
Grant for Hunter (omitted)
Macrae for Jong (omitted)
Hrovat for Goodes (injured)
Webb for Dale (omitted)
Redpath for T Boyd (rested)

No reason why we can't make 6 changes this week - we are a team of babies and need to protect our youth from burning out over the course of the season. Would like to squeeze Honey in there as well but I suspect he is sore and might need another week or two off. Bont could do with a week off in the next couple as well.

Happy Days
26-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Webb for Dale (omitted)

No reason why we can't make 6 changes this week - we are a team of babies and need to protect our youth from burning out over the course of the season. Would like to squeeze Honey in there as well but I suspect he is sore and might need another week or two off. Bont could do with a week off in the next couple as well.

Round 11?

Sedat
26-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Round 11?
Yeah the bye is coming up but he needs another week off at some point in the season. He's not much older than most of the 1st year draftees.

bornadog
26-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Yeah the bye is coming up but he needs another week off at some point in the season. He's not much older than most of the 1st year draftees.

and Tom Boyd is only 3 months older than him

Sedat
26-05-2015, 03:36 PM
and Tom Boyd is only 3 months older than him
Yep, he needs a rest soon as well. Might even be this week.

Nuggety Back Pocket
26-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Webb for Dale (omitted)

I like your changes but would prefer to see Dale retained instead of Biggs. Bontempelli suffers from being the go to player in the middle without the support of players like Griffen and Liberatore. It almost calls for Matthew Boyd to return to the midfield given our lack of class and experience in there. Macrae and Hrovat will be good additions. I would also like to see Hamling tried in defence, which allows Roughead to provide support in the ruck and up forward.

1eyedog
26-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Webb for Dale (omitted)

Good changes, if Honey is fit I would like to squeeze him in.

There is going to come a time pretty soon when the pressure to win is more important than experimenting with players and positions. At this stage, because of the good start, we have been able to try / persist with Dale, Webb, Biggs, Roberts, Hunter, Goodes and Cordy but I think we'll see a number of changes and see a number of harder players (Campbell, Redpath, Hrovat,, Honeychurch) come in.

I realise we need to create depth by playing as many players as possible and I realise many are first / second year players but I just think Bevo will start to firm up who gets an extended run at it and who doesn't.

Generally though I think it's great he is assessing where the players are at in terms of their limitations / strengths and flexibility across a number of positions.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Outs:

Bonts (Give him a rest)
Cordy (Need to get some form in the VFL)
Goodes (Out with an injury)

Ins:

Macrae to come back in
Campbell to come in really keen to see him in action and see what he provides in the ruck.
Redpath from what people have said of his VFL form would be a good inclusion.

I would still retain Biggs, Roughy and Talia in the side.

What do you guys reckon?

comrade
26-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Webb for Dale (omitted)

I could live with each of these, with the exception of Boyd going out.

Yeah, he had a stinker but he's important to our structure and I'd like to see him have a crack at his old mob.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 08:33 PM
I don't think we should but could Bevo drop Crameri.

azabob
26-05-2015, 08:35 PM
I don't think we should but could Bevo drop Crameri.

He certainly is struggling to impact the scoreboard at least. i would imagine the whole ASADA affair may be playing on his mind.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 08:41 PM
He certainly is struggling to impact the scoreboard at least. i would imagine the whole ASADA affair may be playing on his mind.

Yes true that even though the ASADA investigation is done and dusted its WADA now.

LostDoggy
26-05-2015, 08:43 PM

Na that's a cop out, if it is he has to harden up and get over it. What will be will be, shouldn't stop him havin a crack.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Na that's a cop out, if it is he has to harden up and get over it. What will be will be, shouldn't stop him havin a crack.

Certainly is not the worst player in our side.

LostDoggy
26-05-2015, 08:46 PM
I like your changes but would prefer to see Dale retained instead of Biggs. Bontempelli suffers from being the go to player in the middle without the support of players like Griffen and Liberatore. It almost calls for Matthew Boyd to return to the midfield given our lack of class and experience in there. Macrae and Hrovat will be good additions. I would also like to see Hamling tried in defence, which allows Roughead to provide support in the ruck and up forward.

I agree with every word, really hope all our good kids play and I damn hope we are switched on. This is a huge game.

LostDoggy
26-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Certainly is not the worst player in our side.

Very true.

LostDoggy
26-05-2015, 09:00 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-05-26/bonti-does-the-wheelie-bin-challenge

Don't think he needs a rest.

LostDoggy
26-05-2015, 10:27 PM
FB ..... M.Boyd.........Roughhead.........Wood
HB .... Talia.............Murphy...........Roberts
C ...... Picken...........Wallis.............Stevens
HF .... Dickson.........Stringer..........Crameri
F ...... Dahlhaus.......Redpath.......Johannisen
Foll .. Campbell........Jong...........Bontempelli
Bench .. Webb..MacRae..Biggs
Sub..Hrovat
Out .. Cordy..T.Boyd (rested)..Hunter..Dale..Goodes ( Broken Arm )
In .. Campbell..Redpath..Webb..Macrae

VFL Stats
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124365264&c=4-118-0-339767-0&pool=1

bornadog
26-05-2015, 11:28 PM
FB ..... M.Boyd.........Roughhead.........Wood
HB .... Talia.............Murphy...........Roberts
C ...... Picken...........Wallis.............Stevens
HF .... Dickson.........Stringer..........Crameri
F ...... Dahlhaus.......Redpath.......Johannisen
Foll .. Campbell........Jong...........Bontempelli
Bench .. Webb..MacRae..Biggs
Sub..Hrovat
Out .. Cordy..T.Boyd (rested)..Hunter..Dale
In .. Campbell..Redpath..Webb..Macrae

VFL Stats
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124365264&c=4-118-0-339767-0&pool=1

What happened to Goodes?

LostDoggy
26-05-2015, 11:43 PM
What happened to Goodes?

I think edited that ( I think its right , I,ll have to look at it again , it doesn't look right 5 out 4 in )

1eyedog
27-05-2015, 12:11 AM
What is the likelihood of Campbell coming in for Cordy? Does anyone actually think this is going to happen?

jeemak
27-05-2015, 01:47 AM
In:

Campbell - He's put in solid performances at the lower level and deserves a chance. I'm not as confident as others that he can match it around the ground at AFL level to the extent Cordy has shown he can, but I won't know for sure if he doesn't get a chance to prove me wrong

Webb - I'd like to see him get a chance between the half forward lines. His kicking and decision making will be an asset in this area long term, and as he wasn't drafted as a pure defender it's definitely OK to play him as an outside player in the middle of the ground

Macrae - We simply need his ball getting ability. As long as he decides to be a contributor defencively he's going to be an elite performer, and after two weeks at the lower level I'm sure he'll have some hunger to prove himself again

Grant - His performance over the past weeks from all reports should be sufficient to earn a recall. He was by and large a bit player in the first few weeks of the season and was dropped accordingly. He desperately needs to lift his disposal rate if he returns, as even Ayce when playing as a ruck this year has at least matched him in that area. When he gets the ball in transition things happen, he needs to work is arse off to ensure he's in the transition more than he has been

Out:

Cordy - Not strong enough through the legs and core and won't be for a good two years. He's had a fair opportunity this season so far and nobody could reasonably suggest otherwise. For me it's not a question of talent, but week in week out with a depleted midfield we can't afford to continue to at best hope to neutralise ruck contests and expect to improve in that area. It's time to get him back to Footscray. If I had my way he'd embark on an eight week strength program away from match day and play the season out a bit stronger (six weeks of footy afterwards for touch before a strength building preseason on top of it might set him up to take another step) - but I'm just a lay man, so what would I know?

Goodes - Injured. I'd prefer not to see him play at the level again for us unless we're very hard up for options once he come back from injury, or if our younger players are tired. For me his biggest issue is he wants to play an AFL game as if it's a VFL game, and he gets caught out in split second decision making too often

Dale - He's been given a taste and he'll be better for it. But we're playing a good and tough side this week that will test us physically and I don't think he's up to it yet. I've been really happy with his first two games and he should be proud of for applying himself the way he has

Jong - Omitted. If declared fit you need to show some semblance of activity. Unfortunately after two weeks he probably isn't fit and hasn't shown in any respect that he deserves to keep his spot. I look forward to seeing him smash it at the lower level over a couple of weeks and returning well after the bye

boydogs
27-05-2015, 03:03 AM
I know for a fact (found out tonight) that the players were hammered by Bevo for their performance, so I am happy to hear it.

We may well see 6+ changes then

Out: Goodes (inj), T Boyd (rested), Hunter, Cordy, Dale, Jong
In: Hrovat, Redpath, Macrae, Hamling, Grant, Webb

KT31
27-05-2015, 10:32 AM
I think Boyd has to play, not only for our structure but for himself.
He will have a lot of nerves and thoughts rolling around in his head playing against his old side and teammates, as soon as he runs onto the park they are dealt with forever.

Eastdog
27-05-2015, 06:03 PM
I think Boyd has to play, not only for our structure but for himself.
He will have a lot of nerves and thoughts rolling around in his head playing against his old side and teammates, as soon as he runs onto the park they are dealt with forever.

I think Boyd should play too. Ive suggested we drop Bonts this week. What do your reckon KT31? Im thinking we could bring Redpath in. Redpath and Boyd in the forward line could be good.

KT31
27-05-2015, 07:57 PM
I think Boyd should play too. Ive suggested we drop Bonts this week. What do your reckon KT31? Im thinking we could bring Redpath in. Redpath and Boyd in the forward line could be good.

If fit I would still like to see Bonts play, he needs to learn to shake a tag and the seniors is the best spot for that.
Redpath could come in for Hunter.

Ozza
28-05-2015, 10:28 AM
T.Boyd should play.

He had his rest last week. Opportunity is there to stretch the Giants defence (which is lacking some Giants with Davis and Mohr out).

dukedog
28-05-2015, 11:23 AM
If Grant dominates as he's asked to do and kicks 3 goals in a half, then gets dragged to warm seats in the MCG change rooms and that costs him selection I will spew. He didn't do a lot wrong to get dropped in the first place, and has played really well with Footscray. If he's denied promotion because of a want to have him at the MCG, I will post a viral video that will make that angry Britney Spears fan from a few years ago look tame.

hahahahahaha. Grant deserves a run. but i don't know if id prefer he did or watch BT's Video!

bornadog
28-05-2015, 01:17 PM

I would like to see that!

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 01:28 PM
If fit I would still like to see Bonts play, he needs to learn to shake a tag and the seniors is the best spot for that.
Redpath could come in for Hunter.

Will see what Bevo does with the team tonight for this weekend.

G-Mo77
28-05-2015, 02:41 PM

It's no different to a non playing Emg. They can't play VFL at all because they might be needed.

Cyberdoggie
28-05-2015, 06:00 PM
It's no different to a non playing Emg. They can't play VFL at all because they might be needed.

Also hard to judge that game because every Bulldogs listed player dominated. It was a slaughter.
There was so little pressure from the opposition the stats and performances in my view were totally irrelevant.
I'm not knocking young McLean but just look at how many easy uncontested marks he got and easy goals, just simply from running into space in the forward line because there was no opposition presence at all. Against a half decent opposition having a crack it would be a different story.

The only thing I would take out of that game is that Jack Macrae led with 10 tackles, which shows a focus on doing the defensive work asked of him.

bornadog
28-05-2015, 07:27 PM
In; Minson, Grant, Hrovat, Hamling, Macrae, Webb

Out Goodes, Cordy, Talia, Crameri, Hunter, Jong.

bornadog
28-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Surprised Talia dropped

azabob
28-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Surprised Talia dropped

But not surprised Minson has been named?!?!?!

chef
28-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Yep. WTF?

Happy Days
28-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Not bad Bevo.

bornadog
28-05-2015, 07:30 PM
But not surprised Minson has been named?!?!?!

Of course subject to appeal, but he was due to come in.

bornadog
28-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Not bad Bevo.

Doesn't muck around with reputations.

azabob
28-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Of course subject to appeal, but he was due to come in.

True. But wishful thinking! Hopefully it pays off.

Good to see Hamling get a game, and personally I am glad Dale stayed in.

He has shown positive signs and has something slightly different skill set to our other youngsters - he is very light on his feet and appears highly skilled.

soupman
28-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm assuming if Minson remains rubbed out then Roughead goes to the ruck and Talia replaces him in defence.

bornadog
ROUND 9 – Western Bulldogs v Greater Western Sydney
Saturday 30 May, 4:35pm
Venue: Etihad Stadium

Full back
E Wood
J Hamling
M Boyd

Half back
R Murphy
F Roberts
J Johannisen

Centreline
L Picken
M Wallis
T Dickson

Half forward
K Stevens
J Stringer
L Dahlhaus

Full forward
B Dale
T Boyd
J Roughead

Followers
W Minson
J Macrae
M Bontempelli

Interchange
J Grant
N Hrovat
L Webb

S Biggs

Emergencies
L Hunter
M Talia
L Jong

In: W Minson, J Grant, N Hrovat, J Hamling, J Macrae, L Webb
Out: B Goodes (broken arm), S Crameri (adductor), A Cordy, M Talia, L Hunter, L Jong (omitted)
New: J Hamling (Geelong)

LostDoggy
Absolutely ridiculous that Talia has been dropped and I am really crapped off about this. He has shown so much this year and it would be good if we show some faith in him as I thought the longer our defence plays together the better they will become.

Happy Days
28-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Not so much that (I wouldn't have dropped Talia), more naming Minson, which is total F-U AFL, Ross Lyon borderline personality sort of stuff. Love it.

kruder
28-05-2015, 07:45 PM

Which is great. You play a poor 2-3 weeks of footy, then back to Footscray.

comrade
28-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Which is great. You play a poor 2-3 weeks of footy, then back to Footscray.

Another reason why having our own VFL team is so important. Ash Hansen will be on the same page as Bevo and will ensure he plays the role required of him.

On another note, pretty impressive to have 2 first year players already in the team with at least one other (McLean) knocking at the door.

ReLoad
28-05-2015, 07:51 PM
If Minsons appeal is overturned the bulldogs can resubmit a team by 11am on Friday.

comrade
28-05-2015, 07:53 PM
If Minsons appeal is overturned the bulldogs can resubmit a team by 11am on Friday.

Fingers crossed, we go with Tommy C if that's the case.

I've been fascinated by the Cordy experiment, but Sunday was a bridge too far.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Any chance Talia gets a reprieve if Minson's appeal fails, with Roughy moving into the ruck? That would mean Hamling to MCarthy & Talia to Cameron.

comrade
28-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Any chance Talia gets a reprieve if Minson's appeal fails, with Roughy moving into the ruck? That would mean Hamling to MCarthy & Talia to Cameron.

I am all for giving Roughy more ruck time.

LostDoggy
28-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Great to see the Club back Minson and include him in the side , Hamling gets his chance with Talia getting a rest , Jong is still recovering from the broken hand , Grant gives us some much needed leg speed , I though Dale might be an out and its a solid show of faith to leave him in , naming Roughead in the forward line is an interesting move possibly a Ruck/ Forward role but would prefer him at FB , Wallis back in the middle is just common sense

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGFK6riUoAAAlsq.png:large

GVGjr
28-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Good selections by the coach and MC. Talia is unlucky to miss out in my opinion.

Lets hope Peter Gordon can work his magic for Minson.

Should Hamling play on McCartney or Stewart?

Nuggety Back Pocket
28-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Surprised Talia dropped

Somewhat of a surprise but happy to see Hamling get his opportunity. Overall these are good changes given the poor effort against Melbourne. This is a new look side with now 5 changes from last year in Tom Boyd Biggs Webb Dale and Hamling.

Dry Rot
28-05-2015, 08:14 PM
What's happening with Minson? Is his appeal tomorrow?

Happy Days
28-05-2015, 08:15 PM

100% lock I would have thought.

GVGjr
28-05-2015, 08:15 PM
What's happening with Minson? Is his appeal tomorrow?

It's happening now

Dry Rot
28-05-2015, 08:20 PM
OK thanks
It's happening now

ratsmac
28-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Wow. The axe has swung. Some good changes I think. Hopefully we can crush them this week.

LostDoggy
28-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Minson is in as just got cleared

soupman
28-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Minson a free man.

LostDoggy
28-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Mark Stevens just Tweeted that Will Minsons 4 week suspension has been overturned , not other details at the moment

soupman
$7500 fine. That's all.

F'scary
I don't get the dropping of Talia. I need someone to explain it to me.

I don't get the naming of Minson. He has Buckley's of getting anything more than an incremental reduction in his penalty and even that is remote.

And I don't get the abduction of Crameri.

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 08:25 PM
That's good news.

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 08:26 PM

I don't get the naming of Minson. He has Buckley's of getting anything more than an incremental reduction in his penalty and even that is remote.

And I don't get the abduction of Crameri.

Minson has been cleared via appeal. Just in.

Greystache
28-05-2015, 08:26 PM
$7500 fine. That's all.

Brent Harvey would've taken the 4 weeks!

ratsmac
28-05-2015, 08:28 PM
No honeychurch?? Must be a bit more than just rested for soreness

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 08:30 PM
No honeychurch?? Must be a bit more than just rested for soreness

An injury he may of picked up we don't know about yet.

ratsmac
28-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Minson cleared, wow wee. WTF? There must have been some pressure from outside sources. 4 weeks down to 2 makes sense, but cleared, I'm shocked, very pleased but shocked.

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Minson cleared, wow wee. WTF? There must have been some pressure from outside sources. 4 weeks down to 2 makes sense, but cleared, I'm shocked, very pleased but shocked.

Big relief for him and us. 4 weeks is nearly a month which is quite a long time and its important he is playing as much as he can and not out on the sidelines.

Twodogs
28-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Honeychurch certainly hurt his right shoulder in the game he was subbed out of. His arm was just hanging down. It was pretty obvious he was injured, saying he was rested is a bit of a misnomer. He was rested because he injured his shoulder.

GVGjr
28-05-2015, 08:35 PM

Minson has been cleared.

F'scary
28-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Minson has been cleared via appeal. Just in.

Miracles will never cease to amaze. Excuse me, I am just going out to buy a lottery ticket.

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Miracles will never cease to amaze. Excuse me, I am just going out to buy a lottery ticket.

Good luck. Going to be a big Powerball tonight

Flamethrower
28-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Minson was not cleared.

The original 4 weeks suspension has been reduced to a financial sanction of $7500. He is still guilty but now the punishment fits the crime.

GVGjr
28-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Minson was not cleared.

The original 4 weeks suspension has been reduced to a financial sanction of $7500. He is still guilty but now the punishment fits the crime.

It's a well made point

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Minson was not cleared.

Thanks for clarifying that Flamethrower. So to sum it up he hasn't gotten off its just his punishment has been reduced from a suspension to a fine.

Webby
28-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Anyone else notice that Lin Jong was named as both an emergency AND on the ball??!!

LostDoggy
28-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Anyone else notice that Lin Jong was named as both an emergency AND on the ball??!!

Ah no - incorrect

soupman
28-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Ah no - incorrect

On the members email the side is incorrect. Both Jong and Cordy are still named on the ball, and Jong as an emergency as well.

jeemak
28-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Minson was not cleared.

I can't believe those jerks still had to discount him from Brownlow eligibility. I hate the AFL/VFL and their hatred for our club!

:)

jeemak
28-05-2015, 09:34 PM
On the members email the side is incorrect. Both Jong and Cordy are still named on the ball, and Jong as an emergency as well.

Maybe they didn't think Will would get off, and had to name Cordy as ruck and Jong as his dedicated third man up?

Bulldog Joe
28-05-2015, 09:34 PM
This now becomes a very important game for Minson.

Despite the trauma of the week, he does need to do the things that Bevo has demanded of him and really make a positive influence, for his own career at the dogs as well as provide the team contribution needed.

Webby
28-05-2015, 09:35 PM

That's right. Thought it unusual. Perhaps something to do with Will's appeal?
I'd say that points to him being straight in if cleared.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2015, 09:36 PM
I'm confused, the members email says Will is in and Ayce out, but Ayce is on the team photos?

Anyone tell me what the ins and outs are?

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 09:39 PM
I can't believe those jerks still had to discount him from Brownlow eligibility. I hate the AFL/VFL and their hatred for our club!

:)

They wouldn't suspend Fyfe for his trip on Dickson.

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Just with team changes hope this isn't a silly question but is it a day before the match the final official teams are confirmed obviously with late withdrawals on the day of the match.

F'scary
28-05-2015, 09:41 PM
They wouldn't suspend Fyfe for his trip on Dickson.

I didn't see the trip on Dickson but I saw him kick Kobe and he got off for that too.

jeemak
28-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Just with team changes hope this isn't a silly question but is it a day before the match the final official teams are confirmed obviously with late withdrawals on the day of the match.

Yes mate, except for Friday night which has to be confirmed Thursday.

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 09:43 PM
I didn't see the trip on Dickson but I saw him kick Kobe and he got off for that too.

Yeah the tribunal is very inconsistent. They'll always protect the big names.

azabob
28-05-2015, 09:48 PM

For Friday and Saturday games, teams are final on Thursday night.

For Sunday games squads are announced on the Thursday and final teams are advised on Friday night.

LostDoggy
28-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Prepare for a Minson rampage.

bulldogtragic
28-05-2015, 10:12 PM

Umpires don't want to hear that. :)

Happy Days
28-05-2015, 10:18 PM

I suppose with Crameri out someone has to give away 2 stupid free kicks a week.

Maddog37
28-05-2015, 10:19 PM
So what are people's thoughts on Talia?

Eastdog
28-05-2015, 10:23 PM

Wasn't expecting him to be dropped.

Hotdog60
28-05-2015, 10:41 PM
His still raw in AFL terms and maybe they want him to freshen up for after the bye.

G-Mo77
28-05-2015, 10:43 PM

Surprised he's out to be honest. Can't really remember how he went last week but struggled against Pav. A VFL stint won't hurt.

boydogs
28-05-2015, 11:14 PM
Anyone tell me what the ins and outs are?

In: W Minson, J Grant, N Hrovat, J Hamling, J Macrae, L Webb

Out: B Goodes (broken arm), S Crameri (adductor), A Cordy, M Talia, L Hunter, L Jong (omitted)

FrediKanoute
28-05-2015, 11:17 PM
I am surprised about Talia. Just seemed to be getting things together. Did Minion get cleared? Missed this.

LostDoggy
28-05-2015, 11:27 PM
$7500 fine. Great news and will make a good story when he tears GWS up.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Not surprised re: Talia, he has been poor for 2-3 weeks and we need somebody with a better turn of pace (ie. Hamling).

The Adelaide Connection
29-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Not that it is ever accurate, but we have Roughead named at Full Forward. His direct opponent is giving away 11cms and 14kg. This would obviously be shuffled, but if Roughead and Boyd both line up in the forward line they are going to come up short against one of them and desperately short against the other (especially with Davis out).

Do you think we are likely to actually roll the dice on this (given they could tear us apart the other way if they win the ball across half back)?

bornadog
29-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Not that it is ever accurate, but we have Roughead named at Full Forward. His direct opponent is giving away 11cms and 14kg. This would obviously be shuffled, but if Roughead and Boyd both line up in the forward line they are going to come up short against one of them and desperately short against the other (especially with Davis out).

Do you think we are likely to actually roll the dice on this (given they could tear us apart the other way if they win the ball across half back)?

They are super quick moving the ball from the backline all the way to goals, so we need to be on our game especially the forward pressure we have been applying this season

The Adelaide Connection
29-05-2015, 12:32 AM
They are super quick moving the ball from the backline all the way to goals, so we need to be on our game especially the forward pressure we have been applying this season

That's what I was thinking. If we go in too tall and don't win the ball they will tear us to shreds the other way. If we can move the ball in with some sort of system (rather than the panicked "high up and under" that we saw last week and too often last year) we could cause them a huge headache. It's a huge gamble though.

Remi Moses
29-05-2015, 01:21 AM
Bit surprised by the Talia dropping, and thought Tom Boyd would have been rested.
Caught a bit of that unfunny dross on 9 tonight and heard Gary Lyon's little cheapie at Lin Jong
Said " Wasn't Jong meant to be the best player ever"?Seriously pretty average from a so called "expert":rolleyes:
Pretty easy hiding in the media when your club's in peril Gary!!

Eastdog
29-05-2015, 01:22 AM
I would of thought Roughead would be playing in defence as they have quite a potent forward line. How do you see Roberts going on Saturday? I thought he took some great marks in defence for us last week. Why do you think Bevo has dropped Talia for this particular match considering they have a strong forward line.

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-05-2015, 07:41 AM
I would of thought Roughead would be playing in defence as they have quite a potent forward line. How do you see Roberts going on Saturday? I thought he took some great marks in defence for us last week. Why do you think Bevo has dropped Talia for this particular match considering they have a strong forward line.

Talia did struggle against Pavlich 2 weeks ago by giving him too much latitude. He struggled also on Pederson at the 'G'. I am pleased to see Roberts retained and Hamling to make his debut. We need to back the Coach in his attempts to find the right combinations.

LostDoggy
29-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Bit surprised by the Talia dropping, and thought Tom Boyd would have been rested.
Caught a bit of that unfunny dross on 9 tonight and heard Gary Lyon's little cheapie at Lin Jong
Said " Wasn't Jong meant to be the best player ever"?Seriously pretty average from a so called "expert":rolleyes:

Absolutely sick of his sniping comments every time our club is mentioned. He is a maggot of the highest order he especially shouldn't comment on a players ability considering his club has wasted, slowed or ruined quite a number of players careers.

ratsmac
29-05-2015, 08:55 AM

Yeah I heard that too. He makes me sick. Also what about Barrett. He brings up a story about Tom Boyd and that the GWS players are out to get him because he chose to leave after 1 season with them! What a dickhead! seriously he doesn't once mention that we lost our captain and best player to this mob and there will be some spite in this match as a result, no he plays an interview from Jonathan Patton saying he's upset with Boyd's decision to leave.
Damien Barrett, please, are you still upset that Boyd wanted to come to the bulldogs? If you are trying to add unnecessary pressure on big Tom Boyd, you're going to have to do better than that you flog.

KT31
29-05-2015, 09:17 AM

Didn't hear it but it doesn't surprise me, Lyon is a prize knob and for some reason hates the Dogs.
I take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Ozza
29-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Really happy with the changes. Think the selections give us our best chance of winning.

Talia the only one with an asterix, but good to see Hamling get an opportunity - and he does gives us that extra athleticism which could be handy in dealing with Cameron, McCarthy and Stewart.

1eyedog
29-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Bar Talia's omission it's the first time I've been happy with the ins / outs all season. It should be noted that any combination that has Goodes and Cordy out would have provided the same self satisfaction.

Maddog37
29-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Don't watch the footy show please people. The only way to get rid of it is to switch it off.

Rocket Science
29-05-2015, 12:38 PM
The Footy Show still airs?

Fancy that.

Cyberdoggie
29-05-2015, 12:54 PM

He hasn't been great but I think it could be a bit more about matchups this week.

GWS are Cameron and McCarthy, both very quick agile forwards. Talia, Roughead and Roberts are slow at best.
The Hammer is our best option to try and match up for pace with one of their forwards.

Ghost Dog
29-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Don't watch the footy show please people. The only way to get rid of it is to switch it off.

It's a show you can laugh at, not with.

KT31
29-05-2015, 01:11 PM

I like Fatty and the Big Marn ?;)

Sedat
29-05-2015, 01:38 PM
There's your problem right there in bold Remi - he aint one ;)

Eastdog
29-05-2015, 02:02 PM

Don't even watch the footy show. Back in the day it was better.

Eastdog
29-05-2015, 02:03 PM
He hasn't been great but I think it could be a bit more about matchups this week.

GWS are Cameron and McCarthy, both very quick agile forwards. Talia, Roughead and Roberts are slow at best.
The Hammer is our best option to try and match up for pace with one of their forwards.

Yes I wish Joel Hamling good luck on his debut with us. What about Biggs getting dropped. Was that harsh after his first game.

Axe Man
29-05-2015, 02:08 PM
What about Biggs getting dropped. Was that harsh after his first game.

He hasn't been dropped.

Eastdog
29-05-2015, 02:15 PM
He hasn't been dropped.

Sorry my mistake :) In that's good.

Cyberdoggie
29-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Sorry my mistake :) In that's good.

One thing you can be sure of with Bevo is that he likes to give guys a chance when he brings them in to the side (usually).
He doesn't seem one who dumps a guy as soon as he's had a bad game. There is obviously some fundamental non negotiables (ask Macrae) that can force his hand but generally guys getting a look in like Biggs, Cordy, Dale, Roberts, Talia, Hunter, Goodes, have been given several goes at it. So I would expect Hamling to get a few weeks to prove himself unless he has an absolute shocker.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-05-2015, 03:41 PM
One thing you can be sure of with Bevo is that he likes to give guys a chance when he brings them in to the side (usually).
He doesn't seem one who dumps a guy as soon as he's had a bad game. There is obviously some fundamental non negotiables (ask Macrae) that can force his hand but generally guys getting a look in like Biggs, Cordy, Dale, Roberts, Talia, Hunter, Goodes, have been given several goes at it. So I would expect Hamling to get a few weeks to prove himself unless he has an absolute shocker.

Yep. Whilst I haven't agreed with it being applied to Cordy or Goodes, that method has worked for Roberts and Webb, and it's good to see Dale string another game together. I thought even though he was the sub, he'd probably make way this week but he's held his spot. Longer term it can only benefit the young kid.

bornadog
29-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Interesting in Bevo's press conference he mentioned TBoyd's energy levels were down last week, he had been crook during the week.

Hopefully he is fired up tomorrow.

Eastdog
29-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Interesting in Bevo's press conference he mentioned TBoyd's energy levels were down last week, he had been crook during the week.

Hopefully he is fired up tomorrow.

Let's hope he tears it up.