PDA

View Full Version : MRP Round 8

bornadog
25-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Brett Goodes can accept 1 game, rough conduct on Matt Jones.

Goodes should have tripped him instead of bumping.

soupman
25-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Not surprising. Leaves the ground and collects him high.

Scraggers
Broke his arm or wrist didn't he? Take the one week

whythelongface
Brett Goodes can accept 1 game, rough conduct on Matt Jones.

Goodes should have tripped him instead of bumping.

I thought it was a legitimate bump. Might as well outlaw the old hip and shoulder altogether.

Interesting to hear what the reasoning is behind this decision - is it because he left the ground to make contact.

whythelongface
25-05-2015, 05:44 PM

But did he collect him high?

Happy Days
25-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Brett's just stiff that he's not in contention for the Brownlow I guess.

soupman
25-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Heres the clip, I don't know how to post GIF's:
http://zippy.gfycat.com/ScaryValuableElephantbeetle.gif

Definitely high.

bornadog
25-05-2015, 05:48 PM

I don't believe he collected him high, but I could be wrong. The charge is rough conduct. As I said should have kicked him in the legs and he gets a fine instead.

whythelongface
25-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Heres the clip, I don't know how to post GIF's:
http://zippy.gfycat.com/ScaryValuableElephantbeetle.gif

Definitely high.

Thanks for the link but that is inconclusive. If it was slow mo or freeze frame it may tell a different story but to me it just looks like he has collected his shoulder.

Ozza
25-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Disappointing that Jeremy Cameron only got a $1000 fine.

Axe Man
25-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Brett Goodes, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Matt Jones, Melbourne, during the third quarter of the Round Eight match between the Western Bulldogs and Melbourne, played at the MCG on Sunday May 24, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with medium impact to the head. The offence was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a one-match sanction.

Also of interest incidents involving GWS players:

Jeremy Cameron, GWS Giants, has been charged with making forceful contact from front-on against Kyle Cheney, Adelaide, during the first quarter of the round eight match between the GWS Giants and Adelaide, played at Spotless Stadium on Saturday May 23, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with low impact to the head. The offence was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Phil Davis, GWS Giants, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Luke Brown, Adelaide, during the fourth quarter of the round eight match between the GWS Giants and Adelaide, played at Spotless Stadium on Saturday May 23, 2015.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Adelaide Crows Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with medium impact to the head. The offence was classified as a two-match sanction. The player has no applicable bad record. An early plea can reduce the penalty to a one-match sanction.

Jeremy Cameron very lucky, that could have been a nasty incident but fortunately seemed to get mostly shoulder rather than head.

always right
25-05-2015, 06:39 PM
If Phil Davis takes the week, we should play Tom Boyd.

Throughandthrough
25-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Goodes deserved a week for that. You can't pick blokes off, anymore.

1eyedog
25-05-2015, 08:45 PM
That's a great bump. How footy has changed.

SonofScray
25-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Rough conduct is a bullshit charge. Its the little disclaimer at the end of any venue's Condition of Entry which "reserves the right to remove you from the stadium at the Managers discretion," an asterix rule to give an organisation scope to make an arbitrary call to appease political pressure.

If you apply the laws of the game to Goodes bump, it is a fair play. Within 5m of the ball, shepherding the ball carrier. The contact was not high. If anything it was marginally late. Just another example of the AFL crucifying blokes for executing a skill of the game and making excuses for deliberate, dirty acts on the other. The logic is so messed up, I find it infuriating.

ratsmac
25-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Great bump! however you just can't bump these days unless you want to run the gauntlet of the MRP.

Ozza
26-05-2015, 09:58 AM
It is quite ridiculous that you can no longer shepherd like Goodes did. Great part of the game gone.

soupman
26-05-2015, 10:09 AM
It is quite ridiculous that you can no longer shepherd like Goodes did. Great part of the game gone.

You can though. Just don't get them in the head.

Twodogs
26-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Rough conduct is a bullshit charge. Its the little disclaimer at the end of any venue's Condition of Entry which "reserves the right to remove you from the stadium at the Managers discretion," an asterix rule to give an organisation scope to make an arbitrary call to appease political pressure.

If you apply the laws of the game to Goodes bump, it is a fair play. Within 5m of the ball, shepherding the ball carrier. The contact was not high. If anything it was marginally late. Just another example of the AFL crucifying blokes for executing a skill of the game and making excuses for deliberate, dirty acts on the other. The logic is so messed up, I find it infuriating.

His brother wouldn't have been reported. Even if he did it would be apologies all around from the MRP and "have another Brownlow for the trouble we've put you to"

Mantis
26-05-2015, 12:38 PM
I fully expected Goodes to get charged & weeks because:

1/ he made contact to the head

2/ he left the ground

If he hadn't had jumped he would have hit him below the shoulders and wouldn't have had an issue.

Sedat
26-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Goodes should contest the charge to get his carry-over points lowered. He's out for a couple of months anyway.

Axe Man
26-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Goodes should contest the charge to get his carry-over points lowered. He's out for a couple of months anyway.

There are no demerit points or carryover points anymore.

Sedat
26-05-2015, 01:07 PM
There are no demerit points or carryover points anymore.
Thanks for clarifying. Shows how little I've concentrated on anything AFL this season that isn't Bulldog-oriented.

Cyberdoggie
26-05-2015, 01:54 PM
You can though. Just don't get them in the head.

Or hurt them at all.

If the bump didn't get him in the sweet spot then no one looks it.

bornadog
26-05-2015, 01:58 PM
All sanctions have been accepted.

Phil Davis will be out this week.

Go_Dogs
26-05-2015, 06:51 PM
All sanctions have been accepted.

Phil Davis will be out this week.

Does this mean we persist with Boyd rather than resting him, and perhaps, bring Redpath in to try and expose them for height in defence?

WBFC4FFC
26-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Shows how little I've concentrated on anything AFL this season that isn't Bulldog-oriented.

Know what you mean. I turnded-up to the Freo game wearing prescription sunglasses. I was not aware the roof would be closed a fine, still 20 degree day. (The closest I am ever to looking like a hipster, wearing sunnies indoors)!