PDA

View Full Version : Port Adelaide Away Queens Birthday Long Weekend: Gathering the Pack

SonofScray
25-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Evening Woofers.

I am interested in Gathering a Pack for the Port Adelaide game. Will be driving over with my wife, sister and mate. Would be great to meet other Scraggers pre game at a nearby pub and enjoy the camaraderie you only really feel on away days like this. We've got our seats via the Club so other than that it's a case of determining the venue for a pre game beer and feed.

The Adelaide Connection
26-05-2015, 12:57 AM
The Queens Head is a great little pub and probably the closest (about the same distance as the cathedral). The Wellington is a little deeper into North Adelaide but they actually offer a gameday shuttle to the ground (and back to the pub after the game) and is a good option if you are wanting to get a meal beforehand as it is not quite as packed (and they also have an incredible range of beers on tap).
I play soccer on Saturdays so I will struggle to get anywhere beforehand unless I have an early game. I should find out this week, would be keen to meet up for a beer if the stars align.

Throughandthrough
26-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a plan

LostDoggy
26-05-2015, 06:32 PM
If it wasn't my daughter's birthday I'd be road-trippin' myself. Have a beer for me.

Go_Dogs
26-05-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm heading back to Adelaide for the weekend, although unsure what I'll be doing pre-game.

KT31
27-05-2015, 10:44 AM
If it wasn't my daughter's birthday I'd be road-trippin' myself. Have a beer for me.

Surprise birthday road trip or better still tell her you bought her a pony and have to go on a road trip to pick it up.
Then use the old, it had horse flu and I wasn't allowed to bring it back over the border trick.:)

Ozza
28-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Would love to be going, and a few bulldogs mates are headed over for the weekend.

If it wasn't the mrs' birthday, I'd have been joining them....but got to pick your battles!!!

bornadog
28-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Would love to be going, and a few bulldogs mates are headed over for the weekend.

If it wasn't the mrs' birthday, I'd have been joining them....but got to pick your battles!!!

Queens Birthday :D

KT31
28-05-2015, 03:58 PM

Is that you Prince Philip ?:)

SonofScray
01-06-2015, 09:28 PM
The Queens Head is a great little pub and probably the closest (about the same distance as the cathedral). The Wellington is a little deeper into North Adelaide but they actually offer a gameday shuttle to the ground (and back to the pub after the game) and is a good option if you are wanting to get a meal beforehand as it is not quite as packed (and they also have an incredible range of beers on tap).
I play soccer on Saturdays so I will struggle to get anywhere beforehand unless I have an early game. I should find out this week, would be keen to meet up for a beer if the stars align.

The Wellington looks a goer. I will put the call out here and on social media, gather a few travellers over a beer.

LostDoggy
01-06-2015, 10:43 PM
Surprise birthday road trip or better still tell her you bought her a pony and have to go on a road trip to pick it up.
Then use the old, it had horse flu and I wasn't allowed to bring it back over the border trick.:)

I love my daughter more than life itself. But not quite enough for a road trip to Adelaide with a 9 year old. :-)

LostDoggy
01-06-2015, 11:29 PM
If work has the planned extended Long Weekend maintenance break I might make the trip over , I,ll find out tomorrow

SonofScray
03-06-2015, 11:52 PM
I hope this works:

Keep an eye out for the FFC flag, the pub suggested we book a table in advance.

The Adelaide Connection
04-06-2015, 12:15 PM
For those interested you pull up a virtual seat selector of Adelaide Oval to see the type of view you get from each seat.
Access it here:

http://afc.io-media.com

For those making a last minute dash, I just rang membership and got a ticket sorted without an issue. My Dad and I were able to put it against one of the games on our Long distance membership too, but he did ask me how many extra tickets I wanted so obviously could have purchased more if needed.

The guy on the phone mentioned that they had Bays 542 and 543 but that mine would likely be in bay 542.

Cyberdoggie
04-06-2015, 01:27 PM
That a pretty cool little virtual seat explorer.

NoName
04-06-2015, 07:45 PM
For those interested you pull up a virtual seat selector of Adelaide Oval to see the type of view you get from each seat.
Access it here:

http://afc.io-media.com

For those making a last minute dash, I just rang membership and got a ticket sorted without an issue. My Dad and I were able to put it against one of the games on our Long distance membership too, but he did ask me how many extra tickets I wanted so obviously could have purchased more if needed.

The guy on the phone mentioned that they had Bays 542 and 543 but that mine would likely be in bay 542.

SonOfScray is also sitting in section 542. Row B

Twodogs
04-06-2015, 11:38 PM
SonOfScray is also sitting in section 542. Row B

Which must mean they have completely empty bay at the moment.

SonofScray
04-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Hopefully Row A is empty so I can hang a few flags up.

The Adelaide Connection
05-06-2015, 12:02 AM
Which must mean they have completely empty bay at the moment.

Sounds like they had just filled one and started on the next. I am not likely to sit there anyway, have roped in a few more mates and sourced a few extra AO members tickets so will have to sit in GA somewhere. Might start down next to the cheersquad.

Throughandthrough
05-06-2015, 08:25 AM
My seats are in the second row of the cheer squad. I'm the bloke with the buddy holly type glasses. And dreamy good looks.

Ps for those going, make sure you are seated and ready for when port run out. It's pretty good.

The Adelaide Connection
05-06-2015, 12:04 PM
My seats are in the second row of the cheer squad. I'm the bloke with the buddy holly type glasses. And dreamy good looks.

Ps for those going, make sure you are seated and ready for when port run out. It's pretty good.

If I end up around the cheer squad I will keep an eye out. Would second the sentiment about getting there for the pre-game stuff. I had seen it on TV and was impressed but it doesn't really do it justice, it really is incredible.

Twodogs
05-06-2015, 03:31 PM

Pretty sure that's me.

bornadog
05-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Anyone go out to training?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGtwRC3VAAADAQr.jpg

Looks like Caleb has travelled with the boys. Great experience for him and is he a late chance to come in?

KT31
05-06-2015, 06:21 PM

Looks like Caleb has travelled with the boys. Great experience for him and is he a late chance to come in?

If it is just to give him a feel of the emotions involved in lead up to an interstate game , I think it is a great initiative.

SonofScray
05-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Training was sharp, goal kicking practice saw blokes nailing them well.

Throughandthrough
05-06-2015, 08:28 PM
If it is just to give him a feel of the emotions involved in lead up to an interstate game , I think it is a great initiative.

And a chance to catch up with his family

The Adelaide Connection
05-06-2015, 11:47 PM

I've got a feeling he is going to be a late in. He played three Sanfl finals at Adelaide Oval last year (and had about 60 possessions across the three games) so he certainly knows the ground better than anyone else in our squad.

Eastdog
08-06-2015, 05:49 PM
In future years when I do an interstate trip to see the Dogs I will have meet you SonofScray and the crew :)

SonofScray
08-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Crossed paths with a few Scraggers, Easty. Was a good afternoon at both The Strathmore and then the Wellington before walking to the stadium. If we ever played an interstate PF, the atmosphere would be brilliant as a travelling fan. Even for this weekend, spotting Footscray fans on the street pre and post game, driving home today etc, all the cheering and acknowledgment is fantastic. Makes you feel part of the club.

We saw Bobby Murphy walking around town, gave him a good reception. He gave us a cursory fist pump in return, clearly enjoying that part of footy still.

Eastdog
08-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Good to hear SOS. A few Bulldog mates I know went on Saturday and enjoyed the experience but not the result of the game which ended in a loss for us.