PDA

View Full Version : Brad Scott out for a month

Twodogs
01-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Just announced on SEN. North coach Brad Scott has been admitted to hospital for surgery to his back. Will miss the next four games. Darren Crocker to take over the reins in the meantime.

Poor old North. Can things get much worse for them?

Greystache
01-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Just announced on SEN. North coach Brad Scott has been admitted to hospital for surgery to his back. Will miss the next four games. Darren Crocker to take over the reins in the meantime.

Yes, Brad Scott could be available for the next four games.

Sedat
01-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Beat me to it 'stache :D

westdog54
01-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Yes, Brad Scott could be available for the next four games.

Ouch.

bornadog
01-06-2015, 04:56 PM
This funny tweet sums it up:

Brad Scott ‏@bradscottwhinge (https://twitter.com/bradscottwhinge)

This hospital is a disgrace. The food is disgusting, the bed is flabbergastingly appalling and the nurse won't close my window #getwellbrad (https://twitter.com/hashtag/getwellbrad?src=hash)

Ghost Dog
01-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Maybe his days of 'flag flying' are catching up with the ol' Brad Scott Bod. What? Oh yeah, "Flying the flag is just..just... crap. "

Flamethrower
01-06-2015, 07:50 PM
If they win the next 4 under Crocker, will Scott get a pink slip?

LostDoggy
01-06-2015, 11:13 PM

Oh God I hope so.

Roscoe_G
06-06-2015, 03:49 PM
If they win the next 4 under Crocker, will Scott get a pink slip?

Flamethrower,

It is an excellent question, and one to which I would be delighted to give an affirmative answer. Crocker's last stint as interim coach at North yielded success, and I was an advocate for him getting the gig ongoing. Brad Scott's withering critique of his team last week is a DIRECT AND UNEQUIVOCAL reflection of his own mismanagement and inadequacies. The last nail in his proverbial coaching coffin was surely hammered by himself following the insipid loss to Hawthorn, with his nonsensical declaration that "flying the flag is just crap ..." I am certain that past Shinboner legends such as Carey, Martyn, King, Archer, Stevens and Schwass just hang their heads in shame at such pacifist drivel.

If Crocker can go 3-1 over the next 4, he should get the job, and even 2-2 should at least rouse the Board and its constituents to make a move. For a financially struggling club like North, the current ineptitude is simply uneconomical and ultimately unsustainable.

Roscoe

Ghost Dog
06-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Flamethrower,

It is an excellent question, and one to which I would be delighted to give an affirmative answer. Crocker's last stint as interim coach at North yielded success, and I was an advocate for him getting the gig ongoing. Brad Scott's withering critique of his team last week is a DIRECT AND UNEQUIVOCAL reflection of his own mismanagement and inadequacies. The last nail in his proverbial coaching coffin was surely hammered by himself following the insipid loss to Hawthorn, with his nonsensical declaration that "flying the flag is just crap ..." I am certain that past Shinboner legends such as Carey, Martyn, King, Archer, Stevens and Schwass just hang their heads in shame at such pacifist drivel.

If Crocker can go 3-1 over the next 4, he should get the job, and even 2-2 should at least rouse the Board and its constituents to make a move. For a financially struggling club like North, the current ineptitude is simply uneconomical and ultimately unsustainable.

Roscoe

During his career, he was pretty good at flying the flag iirc. So yeah, i found this a bit hypocritical. I don't actually mind his pressers, and he is brutally honest. Can't blame him for last week's fade out really.

azabob
06-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Good to see North MC followed through and dropped senior players for this match.... Not....

Roscoe_G
06-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Good to see North MC followed through and dropped senior players for this match.... Not....

Yes, great point. Talking the talk and walking the walk are two different things. It is simply yet another indictment on Scott.

Remi Moses
06-06-2015, 05:02 PM
During his career, he was pretty good at flying the flag iirc. So yeah, i found this a bit hypocritical. I don't actually mind his pressers, and he is brutally honest. Can't blame him for last week's fade out really.

He gives false promises, and he just sounds like a disgruntled fan .
That nonsense he dished up last week was comical.
Shaun Atley and Luke McDonald ! Pleeeease

Roscoe_G
07-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Three goals ahead in the first quarter.

What the heck .... out with Scott and in with The Crock for 3 years!

Greystache
30-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Good news all round.

Brad Scott has been extended till the end of 2018!!

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/north-melbourne/brad-scott-signs-contract-extension-with-north-melbourne-until-end-of-2018/news-story/a5e26a4924ad94fcff77c4d7dda5839d)

Bulldog4life
30-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Good news all round.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/north-melbourne/brad-scott-signs-contract-extension-with-north-melbourne-until-end-of-2018/news-story/a5e26a4924ad94fcff77c4d7dda5839d)

Hooray. Makes for more brilliant television.

LostDoggy
30-11-2015, 02:09 PM
B.Scott does come across as a bit of a flog quite a lot of the time but, in fairness, he has taken a so-so list to 3 prelims in a row.

bulldogtragic
30-11-2015, 02:24 PM
B.Scott does come across as a bit of a flog quite a lot of the time but, in fairness, he has taken a so-so list to 3 prelims in a row.

To be fair, they were the quintessential 'purely making up the numbers' side in the prelims.

LostDoggy
30-11-2015, 02:28 PM
To be fair, they were the quintessential 'purely making up the numbers' side in the prelims.

Still think as a coach he took them about as far as they could reasonably expect to go. Probably the biggest query is the list management side of the role, but it's hard to knock his results given what he has to work with.

bulldogtragic
30-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Still think as a coach he took them about as far as they could reasonably expect to go. Probably the biggest query is the list management side of the role, but it's hard to knock his results given what he has to work with.

Their best tall forwards are Petrie & Waite 33 & 34.
Their best small forward Harvey 46.
Most experienced outside runners Wells injured & 31 and Farren Ray, who cares.
Their best player Del Santo 32.
Their best stopper Firrito 33.

If they were floated on the stock exchange, you'd be dumping all share holdings looking at future returns.

LostDoggy
30-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Their best tall forwards are Petrie & Waite 33 & 34.
Their best small forward Harvey 46.
Most experienced outside runners Wells injured & 31 and Farren Ray, who cares.
Their best player Del Santo 32.
Their best stopper Firrito 33.

If they were floated on the stock exchange, you'd be dumping all share holdings looking at future returns.

Agree with all that. Their list managers have made some pretty irresponsible calls. Still think his results as head coach have been pretty damn good given a middling list.

Remi Moses
30-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Where's Roscoe ?
Won't be pleased

Go_Dogs
30-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Just saw this, quite a few NM supporters will be unhappy, but like PP it's hard to argue that he's actually seen some reasonable results over the past few seasons, where they've finished higher than I thought they were capable of finishing.

They are going to face some significant challenges over the 2017-2018 years even if they don't drop away this year, so he may not make it through the end of the contract if the results drop.

Remi Moses
30-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Agree with all that. Their list managers have made some pretty irresponsible calls. Still think his results as head coach have been pretty damn good given a middling list.

It's interesting in that he's recruited for a tilt, yet most would agree the current list won't deliver .
Decent finals team with some hard at it types, but I just don't think they have the polish of the top few

GVGjr
30-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Good news all round.

I know clubs don't like letting coaches come out of contract because it creates a lot of media noise but they are clearly of the belief that two final 4 finishes is a reflection on Scott's coaching ability which surprises me. Where does that leave them if he falters over the next two seasons and they slip out of the 8? Will he be seen as the man to start the rebuild or refresh because many on their aging list have retired?

GVGjr
30-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Where's Roscoe ?
Won't be pleased

I know for a fact he isn't. He might pop on tonight

Twodogs
30-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Good news all round.

Fantastic news for a handful of plodders at different clubs who thought they were entering their last AFL year.

LostDoggy
30-11-2015, 08:54 PM
I know clubs don't like letting coaches come out of contract because it creates a lot of media noise but they are clearly of the belief that two final 4 finishes is a reflection on Scott's coaching ability which surprises me. Where does that leave them if he falters over the next two seasons and they slip out of the 8? Will he be seen as the man to start the rebuild or refresh because many on their aging list have retired?

They only just scrapped into the 8 this year on the back of headhunting "talent" Higgins and Waite to push for a tilt at a Premiership and at the very least a GF possie.
Got past a typical insipid Tigres as expected in an Elimanation final and an equally disapponiting Sydney.
Who have they drafted or recruited this off season to give hope to any Norf supporter that they can go one step further next year with Dads Army.

FFS Their best player is about to cash in his Super.

Dosn't say much for the rest of the "in their prime" playing group.

A team of list clogger plodders at best.