PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Gehrig Nominates for National Draft

The Coon Dog
21-11-2007, 04:52 PM
It seems Fraser's changed his mind about retirement & lodged a nomination for the National Draft just prior to today's 2pm deadline.

Would we use a late pick on him?

Pro's/Con's.

hujsh
21-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Will be possible he makes our team worse when be plays bad. He did that at St Kilda

LostDoggy
21-11-2007, 06:26 PM
He is finished, his last season was pretty average and he is a trouble maker.

BulldogBelle
21-11-2007, 06:49 PM
l think he is past it.
Would only be a very short term prospect, he would hold a spot in the team from one of the young guys who need experience.

bornadog
21-11-2007, 06:52 PM

Agree, we don't need a 33 year old has been

LostDoggy
21-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Go Youth!!!!!!!!!!

Topdog
21-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Agreed. His last game was quite good but the 18 or so prior to it were rubbish. He could barely turn, couldnt jump much and is basically useless.

Dogs 24/7
21-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I dont mind him as a footballer but I dont want him either. We have been drafting and trading for too many of the older players recently.
Fraser will only play for the Saints if what they said on SEN is correct.

Max469
21-11-2007, 09:41 PM
No thanks - we do not need a has been who thinks he his better than everyone else, is a thug and trouble maker.

Dry Rot
22-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Do you reckon he's mad or has been approached by a club?

westdog54
22-11-2007, 02:54 AM
It seems Fraser's changed his mind about retirement & lodged a nomination for the National Draft just prior to today's 2pm deadline.

Would we use a late pick on him?

Pro's/Con's.

What is it with the AFL and 2pm deadlines?? They seem to have a thing for them.

Wouldn't go anywhere near Gehrig, well past his best and wouldn't be a major contributor IMO

The Coon Dog
22-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Do you reckon he's mad or has been approached by a club?

It appears he's approached St.Kilda & told them he's changed his mind. Seems to be suggesting he'll only play if drafted by the Saints.

The Coon Dog
22-11-2007, 05:17 AM
This from today's Herald Sun.

The Western Bulldogs, who have publicly stated they have been in the hunt for a power forward, will not stand in St Kilda's way.

"Count us out. We have a plan in place we are committed to," Bulldogs recruiting manager Scott Clayton said last night.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22801200%255E19742,00.html

The Underdog
22-11-2007, 09:57 AM
This from today's Herald Sun.

The Western Bulldogs, who have publicly stated they have been in the hunt for a power forward, will not stand in St Kilda's way.

"Count us out. We have a plan in place we are committed to," Bulldogs recruiting manager Scott Clayton said last night.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22801200%255E19742,00.html

A cunning plan perhaps?

Sockeye Salmon
22-11-2007, 10:22 AM
A cunning plan perhaps?

I don't know, Julian, the one with the crazy hair gives me the heebidy-jeebidies.

Bulldog Revolution
22-11-2007, 11:14 AM
From the herald sun on gehrig

Raw Toast
22-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Likely to be a very short-term solution, 3-4 years older than Welsh, probably wouldn't want to play with us (or anyone but St Kilda) and we've said we definitely won't pick him up anyway.

That said, I've had a soft spot for Gehrig since he chose the Saints over Collingwood and the people who are saying he's definitely past it somehow ignore the 59 goals he kicked last year when he struggled with some unusual (not that age-related) injuries. Still likely to win at least a few matches for the Saints if they pick him up, but not that suited to Lyon's style of play.

westdog54
22-11-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't know, Julian, the one with the crazy hair gives me the heebidy-jeebidies.

Ok, now this is getting to me.

I tried googling your sig and came up with, would you believe it, your posts on WOOF. Where does it come from?

Sockeye Salmon
22-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Ok, now this is getting to me.

I tried googling your sig and came up with, would you believe it, your posts on WOOF. Where does it come from?

Madagaskar

It's Maurice responding to King Julian's "cunning plan".

I like the quote because Peter Street (the one with the crazy hair) gives me the heebidy geebidies as well.

westdog54
22-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Madagaskar

It's Maurice responding to King Julian's "cunning plan".

I like the quote because Peter Street (the one with the crazy hair) gives me the heebidy geebidies as well.

Cheers, thanks Jim

mjp
22-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Cheers, thanks Jim

WD54, as you don't have kids there is no way you could be expected to know that.

SS, as the father of a soon to be childhood spelling prodigy, you need to learn to spell Madagascar, or was your use of the letter 'K' some kind of subliminal support for the ALP?

bornadog
22-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Clayton on SEN today discussing the draft, confirmsed, we won't be chasing Fraser, but will be chasing Welsh.

Also mentioned we have our eye on three players so depending on how the first four picks go on who we choose at pick 5.

westdog54
25-11-2007, 02:07 PM
WD54, as you don't have kids there is no way you could be expected to know that.SS, as the father of a soon to be childhood spelling prodigy, you need to learn to spell Madagascar, or was your use of the letter 'K' some kind of subliminal support for the ALP?

Not quite true Mike, I'm actually a big fan of kids movies and have been meaning to see Madagascar.