PDA

View Full Version : NSW parliament officially labels Eddie McGuire a 'boofhead' over Adam Goodes remarks

Dry Rot
03-06-2015, 03:23 PM
What do you think of Eddie McGuire?

My state of NSW thinks he is a boofhead:

On Wednesday, Greens MP Jeremy Buckingham put forward a motion in the NSW upper house chipping McGuire. The motion declared support for Goodes' actions and noted his Aboriginality and sporting achievements.It condemned McGuire for "his comments that 'this is a made-up dance, this is not something that has been going on for years'," and for "being a continual boofhead".

The Legislative Council passed the motion.

Mr Buckingham said the upper house had "recognised that Adam Goodes is a sensational footballer, a great Australian and a mentor to many, and supported his cultural expression in celebrating a great goal".

"As a life-long Collingwood supporter, I'm embarrassed by Eddie McGuire's blunders and racial gaffes, so I'm glad the NSW Upper House has officially condemned Mr McGuire for being a 'continual boofhead'," he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-parliament-officially-labels-eddie-mcguire-a-boofhead-over-adam-goodes-remarks-20150603-ghfnal.html

Ozza
03-06-2015, 03:25 PM
NSW parliament dealing with the big issues, obviously.

bornadog
03-06-2015, 03:28 PM
They are not wrong