PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stories that you have with people out and about talking the Bulldogs or general footy

Eastdog
17-06-2015, 07:03 PM
What are interesting stories woofers have when they are out and about talking with the general public out there about the footy?

With myself recently at my local BWS store I was wearing my Bulldog jacket and we struck up a conversation about the Doggies and how we are going quite well thus far.

Also my local fish and chip shop I go to has an owner who is very keen on his footy. He supports Carlton but we usually get into good conversation about the Dogs and how we will go week by week.

Twodogs
17-06-2015, 09:01 PM
On Saturday I had to get Skybus back to the city from the airport. They make you walk through a bunch of barriers before you can get on the bus and just as I was got to the front of the queue the guy pulled the little bit of rope in front of me and was about to say "bad luck, next bus" to me until he realisedI was wearing a bulldogs jumper. He gave me a big smile and said "there's always room for a bulldog supporter" and yelled to the driver "it's alright he's wearing the right colours." and I was on the bus!

AndrewP6
17-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Couple of years ago I was in the NT. I came across a guy who told me he had a Bulldogs museum, at Kings' Canyon! It's on my bucket list to see now.

Eastdog
17-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Couple of years ago I was in the NT. I came across a guy who told me he had a Bulldogs museum, at Kings' Canyon! It's on my bucket list to see now.

Will be a fascinating visit.

Remi Moses
18-06-2015, 01:23 AM
On Saturday I had to get Skybus back to the city from the airport. They make you walk through a bunch of barriers before you can get on the bus and just as I was got to the front of the queue the guy pulled the little bit of rope in front of me and was about to say "bad luck, next bus" to me until he realisedI was wearing a bulldogs jumper. He gave me a big smile and said "there's always room for a bulldog supporter" and yelled to the driver "it's alright he's wearing the right colours." and I was on the bus!
Yes, and so he should .

Cyberdoggie
18-06-2015, 01:49 PM

Is that out near Wolf's Creek?
The guys name isn't 'Mick' is it?

Twodogs
18-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Yes, and so he should .

One of the happy benefits of being a bulldog supporter.

bornadog
18-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Neil's Meats at Prahran market - two butchers including Paul, son of Neil who now runs the shop, are Doggies supporters. We talk about the dogs every Saturday morning. I guess Paul's dad Neil is also a doggies man.

BulldogBelle
19-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Is that out near Wolf's Creek?
The guys name isn't 'Mick' is it?

You must be reading my mind!
l was thinking exactly the same thing.

Eastdog
30-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Went to JB Hi Fi at Knox Ozone last Saturday the same one where I met soupaman :) and I was wearing my Doggies jacket and the doorman said I like your team and I said are you a Dogs fan and he said yes. He thought we may lose on Saturday but hoped we would win and we sure did.

LostDoggy
30-06-2015, 07:46 PM
I have to book a double appointment with my tax accountant because he's a Dogs man.

Twodogs
30-06-2015, 08:08 PM
I have to book a double appointment with my tax accountant because he's a Dogs man.

My kid's Phys Ed teacher is Mark Komp. The school must wonder why I spend at least an hour talking to him every parent/teacher night when neither of my kids do Phys Ed.

jeemak
01-07-2015, 12:17 AM
Neil's Meats at Prahran market - two butchers including Paul, son of Neil who now runs the shop, are Doggies supporters. We talk about the dogs every Saturday morning. I guess Paul's dad Neil is also a doggies man.

Do they do good brisket there BAD?

bornadog
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Do they do good brisket there BAD?

Pretty sure they do. The meat is excellent there.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/prahran-market-moves-with-the-times-20141124-11rjzt.html