PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 13 vs St. Kilda

Eastdog
19-06-2015, 08:19 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 13 match against St. Kilda at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
20-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Plenty of challengers for a spot.

bornadog
20-06-2015, 11:18 PM
In T Campbell Crameri
out Minson, Hrovat

hujsh
20-06-2015, 11:26 PM
If Roughead is now our 1st ruck then is Cordy or Campbell a better fit than Minson? I'm hesitant to see Cordy in the team again but given his performance today he has to be mentioned

westbulldog
20-06-2015, 11:40 PM
no change

kruder
20-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Hrovat, Webb and Minson will be the ones under pressure.

Id like an extra midfielder hence

In Jong Crameri
Out Webb Hrovat

LostDoggy
20-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Minimal changes needed, maybe give Dale a break and Bring Hunter or Honeychurch back in

westdog54
21-06-2015, 12:10 AM
In T Campbell Crameri
out Minson, Hrovat

Never thought I'd see the day you'd write that.

In saying that he didn't have a great game.

I'd be happy with those changes.

Doc26
21-06-2015, 12:29 AM
In T Campbell Crameri
out Minson, Hrovat

Beveridge's presser seemed to indicate that there would be no change to the ruck spot for this coming week when asked about Minson.

GVGjr
21-06-2015, 12:36 AM
I need to give this some more thought but..

Out - Webb, Dale and Minson
In - Crameri, Jong and Cordy
I think the coach will be very tempted to look at Cordy coming in for Minson which I think should be in order. It will be an interesting choice between Campbell and Cordy.

F'scary
21-06-2015, 12:41 AM
I know he didn't get a lot of possessions and was subbed after half time, but I thought Minson played a reasonable part and gave our midfield great opportunities at the centre bounce and the stoppages. I think he was subbed off for balance (Brisbane talls did nothing) and to try and get fresh legs to counter our second half fade-out syndrome.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-06-2015, 12:45 AM
I'd give Minson another week, especially against St. Kildas youth - our duo could make life difficult for them.

In: Crameri
Out: Dale

- The only other player I'd bring in is Daniel, maybe for Hrovat, but I'd leave it as it is for now. Jong was OK in the VFL but not worth a recall IMO, he needs to string a few good games together.

bornadog
21-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Beveridge's presser seemed to indicate that there would be no change to the ruck spot for this coming week when asked about Minson.

Yes I heard that and now looks like I may change my suggestions. Bevo also said they wanted abit more run, so Minson was subbed out. I think he only had 3 disposals for the game.

Crameri will come in, but ay whose expense?

What do we do with Morris? I think at least another week at VFL, looked very rusty today

G-Mo77
21-06-2015, 01:08 AM
Morris is the kind of guy who won't miss a beat coming into the team. Not sure if he should push anyone out but he'd be in the mix.

Crameri would be the only in. I'd say Dale would be the unlucky one there.

comrade
21-06-2015, 01:21 AM
Interesting that no one is really mentioning Morris as an in.

Suggests Roberts & Hamling are doing the job.

I think it's time for Dale to go back down and get a full game at VFL level.

And without seeing the Footscray game, I'd be tempted to reward Hunter after a big game. Had 28 touches, 10 marks, 3 tackles.

IN: Hunter, Cordy
OUT: Dale, Minson

Morris and Crameri to play 2s.

G-Mo77
21-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Hunter got a ton of it comrade but was nowhere near selection worthy in my eyes. I'd be disappointed if he got a call up after that. Jong, Daniel, Honeychurch would be well ahead of him.

GVGjr
21-06-2015, 01:30 AM
Interesting that no one is really mentioning Morris as an in.

Suggests Roberts & Hamling are doing the job.

I think it's time for Dale to go back down and get a full game at VFL level.

And without seeing the Footscray game, I'd be tempted to reward Hunter after a big game. Had 28 touches, 10 marks, 3 tackles.

IN: Hunter, Cordy
OUT: Dale, Minson

Morris and Crameri to play 2s.

I think Morris needs another week. Hamling and Roberts weren't great tonight but have been solid enough. I wouldn't be upset to get Morris back into the line-up against the Saints though

josie
21-06-2015, 01:34 AM
Would like Caleb Daniel to get a game - perhaps Hrovat out (although I thought he played ok tonight).

Based on tonight's game though difficult to find any outs, perhaps Dale out for Crameri - just so Dale plays a full game.

Did not think Hunter's game was enough to deserve a promotion.

Go_Dogs
21-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Out: Minson, Webb, McLean

In: Morris, Honeychurch, Daniel

This means we play Roughead ruck with Boyd giving him a chop out. Roberts to swing forward when Boyd rucks and Roughead off the ground, with Morris providing the defensive chop out.

Webb has had a couple of quiet ones and McLean has had a good taste but there is no harm in sending him back to the VFL to continue to develop.

Honeychurch adds a lot of our forward half and we have missed his tenacity in recent weeks. He deserves to come back in after a solid performance at VFL level.

Daniel is the other draftee who after the summer was probably the most likely/deserving of our first year players to be selected. He's played some good football at VFL level and I would like to see him get a game this week.

F'scary
21-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Out: Minson, Webb, McLean

In: Morris, Honeychurch, Daniel

This means we play Roughead ruck with Boyd giving him a chop out. Roberts to swing forward when Boyd rucks and Roughead off the ground, with Morris providing the defensive chop out.

Webb has had a couple of quiet ones and McLean has had a good taste but there is no harm in sending him back to the VFL to continue to develop.

Honeychurch adds a lot of our forward half and we have missed his tenacity in recent weeks. He deserves to come back in after a solid performance at VFL level.

Daniel is the other draftee who after the summer was probably the most likely/deserving of our first year players to be selected. He's played some good football at VFL level and I would like to see him get a game this week.

Disagree on McLean, thought he earned his spot last night. I have put in a pitch for Minson too. If the MC is looking to refresh and strengthen the side, perhaps Webb and Dale for Morris + 1 (haven't got a handle on who is in the front of the cue in the VFL).

Go_Dogs
21-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Disagree on McLean, thought he earned his spot last night. I have put in a pitch for Minson too. If the MC is looking to refresh and strengthen the side, perhaps Webb and Dale for Morris + 1 (haven't got a handle on who is in the front of the cue in the VFL).

Don't get me wrong, I thought McLean was OK last night and had a couple of very good moments. The other I was contemplating in his place was Hrovat, but at the moment I think Hrovat has more potential to impact our season than McLean, so elected to persist with him. Dale could be another, but I thought he had a good impact when he came on.

Good signs when selecting the side is so damn hard.

bornadog
21-06-2015, 10:58 AM

I thought McLean started to get into the pace of the game and his third quarter was very good. Bevo likes to give players a few games before they are dropped and McLean has only had one game as a sub and one full game.

On reflection and based on Bevo's press conference, my changes now would be:

comrade
21-06-2015, 11:57 AM
I thought McClean started to get into the pace of the game and his third quarter was very good. Bevo likes to give players a few games before they are dropped and McClean has only had one game as a sub and one full game.

On reflection and based on Bevo's press conference, my changes now would be:

It's McLean.

boydogs
21-06-2015, 11:59 AM
I was disappointed in Hamling last night, just a non factor in some of the marking contests and made McStay look like Cloke. He's got to watch the ball and get a running jump at it when it comes in long. No excuse for uncontested marks 20m out from goal and it's not a height or a size thing

Talia, Morris or Roughead in defense might be worth a look for Hamling next week

Scorlibo
21-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Keeping in mind that it was McLean's first full game, he did really well. Found it 16 times, kicked a nice goal, had 2 assists and was generally very clean with the ball.

Out: Minson, Webb, Dale.
In: Cordy, Prudden, Crameri.

Wouldn't be surprised or alarmed to see Webb and Dale both stay in the side but on raw performance they probably deserve a spell. It would be great to see Prudden make his debut. He can add a little depth around the clearances.

lemmon
21-06-2015, 12:33 PM
I was disappointed in Hamling last night, just a non factor in some of the marking contests and made McStay look like Cloke. He's got to watch the ball and get a running jump at it when it comes in long. No excuse for uncontested marks 20m out from goal and it's not a height or a size thing

Talia, Morris or Roughead in defense might be worth a look for Hamling next week

I agree that we're one key defender short of an ideal backline but Talia hasn't done enough to be recalled, Morris is taking smalls and Roughead is beginning to transition into the ruck so for continuity I'd rather he stayed there. If St Kilda decide to recall McCartin or debut Goddard who has been kicking goals as a forward at VFL level alongside Bruce, Riewoldt and Membrey we might be in trouble

bornadog
21-06-2015, 01:14 PM
It's McLean.
Thx, amended

Ozza
21-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Out: Dale to go back and get a full game at vfl level.
Webb would be unlucky, but I think it's time to get Caleb Daniel into the midfield for a taste of AFL.

Caleb Daniel probably has to play AFL based on yesterday's VFL game. Thought he turned the match for us.

The coach stated in the presser he could almost guarantee we'd go in with the same ruck set up next week.

LostDoggy
21-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Out-Minnow,Dale
In-Ayce,Crammers

Maddog37
21-06-2015, 05:58 PM
No one screamed senior promotion imminent in the VFL game in my opinion. CD was good but I feel he has more improvement to be made playing VFL. Ayce needs to do what he did yesterday consistently to get back. Morris and Honey looked rusty and Hunter and Biggs played ok but need to tidy up their games a bit more.

always right
22-06-2015, 05:55 PM
No one screamed senior promotion imminent in the VFL game in my opinion. CD was good but I feel he has more improvement to be made playing VFL. Ayce needs to do what he did yesterday consistently to get back. Morris and Honey looked rusty and Hunter and Biggs played ok but need to tidy up their games a bit more.

I don't disagree but if your logic was adopted, we wouldn't have seen Dale, Webb and McLean in the seniors at all, let alone the amount of matches they have been selected in. Beveridge seems to be the type of coach who is ready to throw the young blokes in which will be to our huge advantage in seasons to come.

Personally I think we might see two changes this week...Crameri for Dale who needs a full game and CD for Hrovat who simply needs to win more footy to compliment his pressure acts.

I'm for keeping the Minson/Roughead tandem. Didn't work as well on the weekend but was fine the previous two. We could need Minson if the saints forwards get on top and we need to push Roughy back.

Remi Moses
22-06-2015, 07:30 PM
In Crameri
Out Dale ( very unlucky )

Can we put some work into Armytage this time !!:(

Scraggers
22-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Fit or unfit, I think Dale Morris is the best match up for Reiwoldt. If they play him on the wing again like they did last time, then let Roberts run with him.

Billy Longer killed Cordy last time ... Minson stays !!

I don't want to attack our small fleet though ... we definitely need someone to run with Armitage for all four quarters this time.

In :- Morris
Out :- Dale (probably deserves another games or two but ...)

F'scary
22-06-2015, 09:04 PM
If Morris comes in for Dale, where does Webb play? Time for a turn as the sub?

comrade
22-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Anyone think Grant could take on Riewoldt if he plays up the ground?

always right
22-06-2015, 09:33 PM
To quote an ex-coach, if they promote Morris to play on Riewoldt...I'll spew up.

We have to put trust in our younger defenders even if there is some short term pain as there is zero future in continuing to play Morris on the gun forwards. We've all been surprised how well our defenders have combined this season, so we should show some faith. If we are to bring Morris in.....have him play on the medium/small forwards.

comrade
22-06-2015, 09:37 PM
To quote an ex-coach, if they promote Morris to play on Riewoldt...I'll spew up.

We have to put trust in our younger defenders even if there is some short term pain as there is zero future in continuing to play Morris on the gun forwards. We've all been surprised how well our defenders have combined this season, so we should show some faith. If we are to bring Morris in.....have him play on the medium/small forwards.

Understand and agree somewhat, but I REALLLLLLLY want to beat the Saints after last time. And if it takes Moz manning one of their key forwards, I'm all for it.

Not sure he's 100% ready to go, but I would feel comfortable with him back there.

Greystache
22-06-2015, 09:45 PM
As hard as Morris tries Riewoldt takes him to the cleaners every time. He's a poor match up for him.

Talia is probably the best match up but I can't see him being promoted after the weekend. I'd go with either Roberts or Hamling and focus on limiting his supply.

GVGjr
22-06-2015, 09:57 PM
We need players that can contribute over the 4 quarters and make their midfield accountable.

Crameri needs to come in and now I'm warming to Honeychurch and Jong for Webb, Dale and Hrovat.
I want to give the younger guys plenty of chances but we must get our best team in against the Saints.

Rance Fan
23-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Wood to take Reiwoldt is the best fit in my opinion

jeemak
23-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Fit or unfit, I think Dale Morris is the best match up for Reiwoldt. If they play him on the wing again like they did last time, then let Roberts run with him.

Billy Longer killed Cordy last time ... Minson stays !!

I don't want to attack our small fleet though ... we definitely need someone to run with Armitage for all four quarters this time.

In :- Morris
Out :- Dale (probably deserves another games or two but ...)

If by killed Cordy you mean won more tap outs you're right. Cordy clearly smashed him around the ground, however.

I don't think Cordy's ready for a call up as yet. I want to see him continue to play well at the lower level over an extended period of time.

That's not to say that I wasn't completely underwhelmed by Roughead and Minson last week, though funnily I did see some reports stating Roughead was influential in the second half and was a catalyst for our late surge, so perhaps I'm judging him harshly.

In - Crameri
Out - Dale

1eyedog
23-06-2015, 11:46 AM
In T Campbell Crameri
out Minson, Hrovat

What's wrong with Hrovat is he injured?
I thought he did his bit. 15 touches and a goal is not dropping form is it?

1eyedog
23-06-2015, 11:47 AM
We need players that can contribute over the 4 quarters and make their midfield accountable.

Crameri needs to come in and now I'm warming to Honeychurch and Jong for Webb, Dale and Hrovat.
I want to give the younger guys plenty of chances but we must get our best team in against the Saints.

Agree with this. Crameri needs to come in and it's time to unleash Honeychurch but I have no idea who comes out for him...
I quite like the idea of Hamling starting on Riewoldt. He matches up with him in athleticism and height although will struggle to stay with him for 4 quarters.

INS: Crameri
OUTS: Dale

bornadog
23-06-2015, 11:51 AM
What's wrong with Hrovat is he injured?
I thought he did his bit. 15 touches and a goal is not dropping form is it?
In hindsight make that out Dale

LostDoggy
23-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Can we put some work into Armytage this time !!:(
Is there any chance we might look at the 'Aints before Friday this time too please Bevo? :rolleyes:

bornadog
23-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Note: This game is a replacement game for membership holders in lieu of the Cairns match. Just scan your ticket to get into GA areas on level 3.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Note: This game is a replacement game for membership holders in lieu of the Cairns match. Just scan your ticket to get into GA areas on level 3.

Thanks for that BAD didn't realise it was a replacement game, will be there for certain now.

Dry Rot
25-06-2015, 01:35 AM
Time to **** with the minds of old and infirm saints fans attending the game.

Time to play our mini-Burke Caleb Daniel.

That will confuse the old Sainters fans, seeing a dwarf Burke running around in red white and blue.

1eyedog
25-06-2015, 01:44 AM

That will confuse the old Sainters fans, seeing a dwarf Burke running around in red white and blue.

Hope they don't try to set fire to him!

F'scary
25-06-2015, 09:02 AM
no more LOL posts while I'm drinking my coffee, thanks guys.

Doc26
25-06-2015, 10:50 AM

I hope Caleb doesn't visit this site and to think we worry ourselves about spelling mistakes of players names.

bornadog
25-06-2015, 01:17 PM
I think there will be minimal changes with just Crameri in and perhaps Dale out

LostDoggy
25-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Our 2nd half destroyer against the 'Aints last time round.
-Billings won't be playing cause of shin splints.;)

Remi Moses
25-06-2015, 03:08 PM
They've upgraded young Schneider to coach on the ground .
He'll be coaching the other youngsters like Ray, Riewoldt, Gilbert, Dempster, Montagna and Fisher

bornadog
25-06-2015, 03:32 PM
I really hate the Saints, I hope we knock them off and show no mercy this time.

LostDoggy
25-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Anywhere between 1 and 100 pts would be satisfying enough for me.

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 05:12 PM
I really hate the Saints, I hope we knock them off and show no mercy this time.

I hope so BAD. We need to win this one.

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 05:13 PM

Not too close as I'll be very nervous then.

bornadog
25-06-2015, 07:22 PM
In Morris
out Hrovat

Remi Moses
25-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Where's Crameri?
Thought Morris would have had another week in the seconds.
Thought Hrovat was decent in the second half, and a tad unlucky .

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Great to have Morris back for experience down in defence.

What's going on with Crameri?
How far away do you reckon Talia is from selection?
Will Tommy Campbell feature this year?

divvydan
25-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Crameri named for VFL team.
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-06-25/vfl-teams-footscray-v-sandringham

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Crameri named for VFL team.
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-06-25/vfl-teams-footscray-v-sandringham

One more week in the VFL before his AFL return off the back of the injury.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Interesting.

We really want to play the young kids, that's for sure. I like Dale but I don't think he's ready yet, and would rather Hrovat take his place. Playing all of McLean (did well last week), Webb and Dale is a little risky week after week. Typically 2 of the 3 are quiet. I think Nathan is really stiff to be dropped and would love to know why.

Thought Morris was very average last week in the VFL. Hopefully he returns to form quickly.

Less fussed about Crameri playing VFL.

Remi Moses
25-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Wow! Saints stacking their team with youth I see....
10 players over 100 games . Hmmm pretty young team:eek:

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Any surprises the Cordy wasn't named?

F'scary
25-06-2015, 08:00 PM

What! Has he been dropped from the VFL?

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 08:01 PM
What! Has he been dropped from the VFL?

No no! He hasn't been named for the AFL.

F'scary
25-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Webb would be the choice for sub this week, Morris back and all...

I like the look of our side much more than last time against the Saints. This time, we have not one but two good ruckmen working in tandem. Last time, zero. This time, Minson (yeah, sort of mentioning him twice, I know), Morris, Wallis, Matt Boyd, Grant and Bontempelli are in the side. That is a pretty major difference and obviously we are talking about a serious strengthening of the line up here. And this time, Magic McLean is playing, he is top-shelf and we will see more of it on Saturday night.

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Webb would be the choice for sub this week, Morris back and all...

I like the look of our side much more than last time against the Saints. This time, we have not one but two good ruckmen working in tandem. Last time, zero. This time, Minson, Morris, Wallis, Matt Boyd, Grant and Bontempelli are in the side. That is a pretty major difference and obviously we are talking about a serious strengthening of the line up here. And this time, Magic McLean is playing, he is top-shelf and we will see more of it on Saturday night.

Great signs very early from Toby.

comrade
25-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure Bonts played last time but was quiet.

Wallis and Boyd are massive ins.

The bulldog tragician
25-06-2015, 08:44 PM
I've got mixed views about this selection. I love Dale (Morris) and all he's done for our club but judging on reports, he clearly showed that he'd been out for a long time and was rusty. I'd have preferred him to have another week. But I'm kind of chuffed that we are sticking with our kids, we still have those 5 teenagers getting a bit more exposure and they're also getting the message that if they do their bit they'll be kept in the side and not dropped simply because they're young. This might not be everyone's view but I'm ok about foregoing finals footy this year and getting games into these kids, so I'm happy to see Bailey Dale, McLean and Webb keep their spots.

GVGjr
25-06-2015, 09:02 PM
We have to get this win as dropping the game will be a big problem for us. I'm surprised we didn't bring in Jong or Honeychurch for either Webb or Daniel as it's imperative that we have as many players as we can that are capable of running out the 4 quarters.

Hrovat hasn't been able to establish himself as a senior player and now must have a lot of challenges in front of him. I find it intriguing that he can't hold his position in the side because physically he is ready to go so I suspect it has something to do with not being able to play the type of game the coach expects. At the start of the season I would have thought he was the type of player that the coach would have given the benefit of any 50/50 selection decisions because it was in our best interests long term to get him as close to 40 games senior games experience by the end of the season.
Hard to know what he will be requested to work on back at Footscray but I can't see him bouncing back after just one week.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2015, 09:04 PM
We have to get this win as dropping the game will be a big problem for us. I'm surprised we didn't bring in Jong or Honeychurch for either Webb or Daniel as it's imperative that we have as many players as we can that are capable of running out the 4 quarters.

Hrovat hasn't been able to establish himself as a senior player and now must have a lot of challenges in front of him. I find it intriguing that he can't hold his position in the side because physically he is ready to go so I suspect it has something to do with not being able to play the type of game the coach expects. At the start of the season I would have thought he was the type of player that the coach would have given the benefit of any 50/50 selection decisions because it was in our best interests long term to get him as close to 40 games senior games experience by the end of the season.
Hard to know what he will be requested to work on back at Footscray but I can't see him bouncing back after just one week.

Hrovat not even named as an emergency which is surprising as I thought he didn't do too bad last week

Eastdog
25-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Hrovat not even named as an emergency which is surprising as I thought he didn't do too bad last week

I reckon Hrovat has been alright despite what some have said. Will Tommy Campbell feature at some point this year?

Bulldog4life
25-06-2015, 09:19 PM
I reckon Hrovat has been alright despite what some have said. Will Tommy Campbell feature at some point this year?

Not sure Easty

lemmon
25-06-2015, 09:57 PM

I watched him pretty closely in the first half and they had Paparone trailing him everywhere and he was pretty well beaten. No doubt he was quiet but I still thought he was working hard if not getting his hands on the pill. He was better when freed up in the second half and put through the midfield. I think he's restricted playing on a half forward flank despite how clean he his delivering into the forward line and wouldn't mind him being given an opportunity to play as a full time mid. I think he'd be quite a nice option linking up and receiving outside of the stoppages

F'scary
25-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Pretty sure Bonts played last time but was quiet.

Wallis and Boyd are massive ins.

You are correct, my mistake.

comrade
25-06-2015, 10:23 PM
I watched him pretty closely in the first half and they had Paparone trailing him everywhere and he was pretty well beaten. No doubt he was quiet but I still thought he was working hard if not getting his hands on the pill. He was better when freed up in the second half and put through the midfield. I think he's restricted playing on a half forward flank despite how clean he his delivering into the forward line and wouldn't mind him being given an opportunity to play as a full time mid. I think he'd be quite a nice option linking up and receiving outside of the stoppages

I agree.

He's a genuine mid, IMO.

Playing him as a high half forward isn't working. He's not winning enough possession or generating enough inside 50s. Let him chase kicks around in the middle and see how he goes.

jeemak
25-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Interesting.

We really want to play the young kids, that's for sure. I like Dale but I don't think he's ready yet, and would rather Hrovat take his place. Playing all of McLean (did well last week), Webb and Dale is a little risky week after week. Typically 2 of the 3 are quiet. I think Nathan is really stiff to be dropped and would love to know why.

Thought Morris was very average last week in the VFL. Hopefully he returns to form quickly.

Less fussed about Crameri playing VFL.

The main thing I can think of is (what seems) his weekly instance of propping and turning towards traffic rather than taking it outside when we're trying to break between half back and wing.

G-Mo77
25-06-2015, 10:41 PM
I've got mixed views about this selection. I love Dale (Morris) and all he's done for our club but judging on reports, he clearly showed that he'd been out for a long time and was rusty. I'd have preferred him to have another week.

Looked a little rusty but I've got no doubt Morris will be Dale Morris Saturday night. There is a matchup for him and the 2 talls down back. It'll work.

Hotdog60
25-06-2015, 11:05 PM

I hope we do a little better than round 13 in 1978. Boyd Jr. can wear number 31 for the day.

:)

jeemak
25-06-2015, 11:10 PM

Didn't Beveridge suggest it would be the same ruck combination as last week?

With that in mind it's probably not unexpected that Ayce didn't get picked.

Rocco Jones
25-06-2015, 11:19 PM
I am happy with Morris being named. I think our team is 'too' young at the moment. It is great to play kids for development but kids being surrounded by kids is counter-productive IMO.

jeemak
25-06-2015, 11:31 PM
I am happy with Morris being named. I think our team is 'too' young at the moment. It is great to play kids for development but kids being surrounded by kids is counter-productive IMO.

Choosing when to stack the kids and when not to is a delicate thing.

Players like Morris don't stay rusty for two weeks. He'll be right to go.

kruder
25-06-2015, 11:32 PM

Agree with your views on Hrovat time is now for him. He is actually my most disappointing player this year, I really thought he was a midfilder but the one thing that really stands out for mine is that he is not clean in the contest. He has been fumbling all year and really hasn't taken his chance. I still think he can make it, but love the consistent message from Luke that if you your in poor form you go back to Footscray to work on things.How things have changed in that area? For the greater good.

Our coach continues to play the long game playing the 3 kids again hence still light on in the midfield(was keen for JONG to come in) and it will result in a few extra losses of the season which I'm fine with as long as it doesn't kill our forward momentum.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-06-2015, 01:19 AM

Agree with all of this GVG.

It's a little concerning he finds himself on the outer again at this point. Whilst I thought he may have come on a little quicker, I don't think he's been bad - agree with others he isn't necessarily suited to playing as a half forward. He's a mid. Will be intriguing to see where he goes from here.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Choosing when to stack the kids and when not to is a delicate thing.

Players like Morris don't stay rusty for two weeks. He'll be right to go.

Hope he hasn't been picked because we are playing the 'Aints and just to play on Criewoldt as that would be a backward step in our development IMHO.

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Hope he hasn't been picked because we are playing the 'Aints and just to play on Criewoldt as that would be a backward step in our development IMHO.

Why? Despite a big win last week our development players weren't that great. I think Hamling was on McStay and was beaten convincingly. I'm surprised to see so many doubt Moz.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 09:31 AM
L.Jong not named in both afl or vfl as far as I can see, is that right?

Mantis
26-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Why? Despite a big win last week our development players weren't that great. I think Hamling was on McStay and was beaten convincingly. I'm surprised to see so many doubt Moz.

Not sure I agree with that.. Whilst McStay kicked 3 ( included 1 joe the goose) he was hardly a damaging player.

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Not sure I agree with that.. Whilst McStay kicked 3 ( included 1 joe the goose) he was hardly a damaging player.

He wasnt going to break the game apart but I thought he bet Hamling on the night. Certainly not disgraced though.

Ozza
26-06-2015, 10:35 AM
After a very very rusty looking game in the VFL last week - I have some trepidation about Morris coming back in. Particularly for a different type of player in Hrovat.

I'm not too phased with Crameri coming back via VFL. He hasn't had a great season, which I guess you could trace back to both missing the pre-season games, and then having some injury related interruptions. Thought it was time to give Bailey Dale a VFL stint.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 10:41 AM
With Moz coming back into the lineup, does this now force one of JJ or Boyd into the midfield / wing? Maybe Boyd will get a run with role on Armitage?

bornadog
26-06-2015, 10:44 AM
With Moz coming back into the lineup, does this now force one of JJ or Boyd into the midfield / wing? Maybe Boyd will get a run with role on Armitage?

I think we need Boyd in the backline, he is playing career best footy. I would imagine Web may move up the ground.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 10:51 AM
For mine Webb is too light to rotate through the centre at this stage. Possibly could come off the wing. I could see Webb being the sub and save for an injury, replacing Moz at some stage during the game.

bornadog
26-06-2015, 10:54 AM
For mine Webb is too light to rotate through the centre at this stage. Possibly could come off the wing. I could see Webb being the sub and save for an injury, replacing Moz at some stage during the game.

I agree he is not a mid, I was thinking more wing.

Happy Days
26-06-2015, 01:09 PM
So apparently Crameri was straight up dropped, not "managed" or whatever...

Axe Man
26-06-2015, 01:11 PM
I think we need Boyd in the backline, he is playing career best footy. I would imagine Web may move up the ground.

Not sure it's quite career best. Take 2009 for instance - best and fairest and all Australian in a side that went within a whisker of a Grand Final. Boyd was one of the top midfielders in the league for a few years, lets not undersell that.

kruder
26-06-2015, 02:00 PM

The consistent approach from Luke continues.....

Happy Days
26-06-2015, 02:14 PM
The consistent approach from Luke continues.....

I really like it in all honesty. Crameri has been not so good this year, and his continued inconsistency and infuriating lack of discipline costs us each and every game.

He'll get back but he's far from beyond demotion.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-06-2015, 02:16 PM

I like his approach to senior players. It sends a strong message through the group. The decisions have all had merit behind them too (especially with Macrae and now Crameri).

My only surprise is how hell bent he is on playing Dale/Webb/McLean. In an ideal world I'd only be playing one, maybe two at times.

Cyberdoggie
26-06-2015, 02:16 PM
After a very very rusty looking game in the VFL last week - I have some trepidation about Morris coming back in. Particularly for a different type of player in Hrovat.

I'm not too phased with Crameri coming back via VFL. He hasn't had a great season, which I guess you could trace back to both missing the pre-season games, and then having some injury related interruptions. Thought it was time to give Bailey Dale a VFL stint.

Agree it is confusing how they are going to line up. Another defender means Fletch may have to go forward, or Perhaps Roughead.
The saints are playing 3 tall forward, although Riewoldt may push up the ground further. Either way will be some interesting changes. I hope we don't lack for run minus a midfielder.

I thought Dale was ok as the sub, Luke doesn't drop the sub to the VFL and I think that is a fair way to do it.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 03:41 PM

Bevo has gone on record previouslly that he dosen't want Mozz to play on key forwards and nor shoud he for the better ment of the team and for the continued development of our playing group.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Personally if Criewoldt does push up the ground further I would like to see one Spindleshanks have first crack.
He may just surprise a few people with what he can do given the chance.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Not too close as I'll be very nervous then.

;) Meant to say a win of any margin would be fine.
Maybe though start at about 30pt margin :D

Axe Man
26-06-2015, 03:57 PM
At 188cm Membrey should be a good matchup for Morris.

Along with Hamling, Roberts and Roughead it provides some great flexibility, with those 3 able to play back or forward and of course ruck for Roughy as well.

The suggestion of Grant to Riewoldt if he pushes up to a wing is a good one Redders.

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Bevo has gone on record previouslly that he dosen't want Mozz to play on key forwards and nor shoud he for the better ment of the team and for the continued development of our playing group.

It's one thing to develop and another to feed wolves. It can have a negative effect on a player if they get destroyed. Fortunately we haven't experienced that yet. Morris can play big or small and will advise younger players on the ground. To say he'll be a detriment to younger players is garbage.

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 04:42 PM
At 188cm Membrey should be a good matchup for Morris.

Along with Hamling, Roberts and Roughead it provides some great flexibility, with those 3 able to play back or forward and of course ruck for Roughy as well.

The suggestion of Grant to Riewoldt if he pushes up to a wing is a good one Redders.

I had him penciled for Membrey. Not sure on throwing him forward which was thrown around in the press conference.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 05:49 PM
To say he'll be a detriment to younger players is garbage.

Who said that?

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Who said that?

Your saying it's a backwards step and will discontinue the development of our younger players if he's playing on KPP's. Sorry but that's garbage redders.

bornadog
26-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Your saying it's a backwards step and will discontinue the development of our younger players if he's playing on KPP's. Sorry but that's garbage redders.

I have never liked Morris playing on big KPP types, he rarely won the battle and it was unfair on him as well.

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 06:48 PM
I have never liked Morris playing on big KPP types, he rarely one the battle and it was unfair on him as well.

We've had to in the past and fortunately we've found some depth down back so that frees him up to play on a weaker forward and can help out with one on one entries. I don't see Riewoldt as a traditional big KPP but I think he'll spend some time on him Saturday night.

Not sure how they'l match up. Saints seem a little shorter than they were last time. Are we too tall?

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 06:51 PM
I have never liked Morris playing on big KPP types, he rarely one the battle and it was unfair on him as well.

Agree BAD

azabob
26-06-2015, 07:17 PM
I like his approach to senior players. It sends a strong message through the group. The decisions have all had merit behind them too (especially with Macrae and now Crameri).

My only surprise is how hell bent he is on playing Dale/Webb/McLean. In an ideal world I'd only be playing one, maybe two at times.

All three are good users of the football and have football brains, I think Beveridge rates that extremely highly. So the quicker he can get games into them the better long term we will be.

I think that is why Macrae, Crameri, Hrovat, Honeychurch are getting dropped / missing games more so than we expected.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 08:26 PM

That's not what I'm saying G-Mo.
What I'm trying to say is why should Mozza play on and expect to on Criewoldt when Bevo and the MC have put and shown there faith in guys like Roberts,Hammer and to a lesser extent Talia to give them the big jobs on the KPP'S and persist with them as a learing curve for the future.
I just see Mozz under the Bevo plan being another defensive rebounding attacking option off half back instead of a negating,nullifying shutdown role under Bevo's attacking high octane game plan.
I have and always loved what Mozz has done and sacrificed for this club that we all love and hopefully continues for a few more years yet.
Like BAD said in a previous post have always felt sorry for him that he mostly had to play on guys a lot taller then him because out of sheer team neccesity.Never gave an inch,qtr and never gave up and was always punching out of his weight division.
I have nothing but total admiration and sheer respect for one of our true warriors at the club,even more so to come back from that horrific leg injury.

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 08:55 PM
That's not what I'm saying G-Mo.
What I'm trying to say is why should Mozza play on and expect to on Criewoldt when Bevo and the MC have put and shown there faith in guys like Roberts,Hammer and to a lesser extent Talia to give them the big jobs on the KPP'S and persist with them as a learing curve for the future.

Moz is probably still our best defender so when the chips are down he's likely to be that guy to take a rampant forward of almost any size or at least take a shot at them. Ideally Moz doesn't have to take the big guys, Saturday he'll likely lineup on Membrey and help double when he can. That being said I'd have no problem with him lining up on Riewoldt. A game is there to be won if we're going to get an upper hand on these guys by playing Moz on Riewoldt it's got to be done.

LostDoggy
26-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Let's hope our chips aren't down that far in the bag where Mozza has to go to Criewoldt for us to get over the line and a 4qtr effort is produced this time against the'Aints ;)

G-Mo77
26-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Let's hope our chips aren't down that far in the bag where Mozza has to go to Criewoldt for us to get over the line and a 4qtr effort is produced this time against the'Aints ;)

I'd love the game to be over at half time. Oh wait....:)

Mantis
26-06-2015, 09:33 PM

I agree with Redders on this.. Morris shouldn't be used on KPP anymore, other than for the occasional chop-out.

boydogs
27-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Personally if Criewoldt does push up the ground further I would like to see one Spindleshanks have first crack.
He may just surprise a few people with what he can do given the chance.

I'm keen for this, so long as we're organised enough for a switch to be made if Riewoldt sneaks back inside 50. Grant seems to do his best work as the +1 defending the corridor, but Riewoldt to the wing turned the game last time