PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 13 Edition

Eastdog
23-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Once the Round 13 match against St. Kilda is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Please limit it to 3, and only Jarrad Grant.

westdog54
27-06-2015, 10:46 PM
1. Easton Wood might already have the B and F won.
2. Minson's days are numbered.
3. We've nailed another draft.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2015, 10:48 PM
1. Winning with two handfuls of teenagers has shocked me.
2. Kobes & Dickson are showing my past criticisms up.
3. Adding Libba and another first rounder or high trade will have us concerning oppositions next year even more.

westbulldog
27-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Easton Wood, best on ground, 3 Brownlow medal votes surely.
The draftees coming along very well.
I still love us beating Riewoldt's mob anywhere, anytime...excerpt from the Roar, Oct 17 2009.....Anderson, though, insisted several AFL clubs had raised concerns about the staging issue and wanted the topic up for discussion, although he denied it was a result of the infamous Preliminary Final incident involving St Kilda’s Nick Riewoldt and the Western Bulldogs’ Brian Lake.
But that incident alone highlights the problems involved in policing staging, where it was obvious contact was made with Riewoldt but the Saints skipper exaggerated the impact to win the free-kick.

a few were down on form today but we will take the win and move into the 8.

LostDoggy
28-06-2015, 12:29 AM
1. We are destined for finals success with this list.
2. Tom Boyd needs patience and understanding from our fans. He has the entire footy industry breathing down his neck, he needs to look to us for support.
3. We need to offer Grant a one-year-at-a-time contract.

bornadog
28-06-2015, 12:32 AM
1. Wood's 13 marks and 6 intercepts is fantastic to watch. AA is penciled in.

2. Saints coaching was superb tonight and Bevo responded well.

3. Channel 7 commentary, gets worse every week so when you watch the replay turn off the sound.:D

westdog54
28-06-2015, 12:57 AM
1. Wood's 13 marks and 6 intercepts is fantastic to watch. AA is penciled in.

2. Saints coaching was superb tonight and Bevo responded well.

3. Channel 7 commentary, gets worse every week so when you watch the replay turn off the sound.:D

Scary thing is, I think I prefer Darce doing the play by play to BT😮

Bulldog4life
28-06-2015, 02:19 PM
1. Good on you Bevo for getting Johnny Schultz to talk to the players pre match

2. Good teams win ugly while not playing their best.

3. Our backline can withstand immense pressure.

F'scary
28-06-2015, 02:27 PM
1. I learned that for the first time in about 4 years, we are good enough to "win ugly." That is a big change.
2. I was all for Minson returning and loved the GWS effort but in the longer run I am now not so sure how he fits in. He is a stoppage expert - if we are playing a style of game which isn't built around using stoppages as the primary control mechanism, he looks like a passenger.
3. Toby McLean really showed that he is an automatic choice for selection from here on.

Scorlibo
28-06-2015, 03:14 PM
1. Koby Stevens' strength and speed around the clearances have become very important for us. He's improved a lot this year.
2. Toby McLean is AFL standard.
3. The balance of the side is slightly out at the moment, we looked slow.

westdog54
28-06-2015, 06:34 PM
1. Koby Stevens' strength and speed around the clearances have become very important for us. He's improved a lot this year.
2. Toby McLean is AFL standard.
3. The balance of the side is slightly out at the moment, we looked slow.

Which he is complimenting with his strength overhead when he drifts forward.

Growing into a very handy footballer.

Dazza
28-06-2015, 09:34 PM
First time in a long time we have played poorly and won.

Wood has far exceeded my expectations.

We need to have a plan B if teams shut down our run from half back.

ratsmac
28-06-2015, 11:31 PM
1. McLean can play. He backed up last week's effort with another good showing.

Stkilda has shown the comp how to stifle our run. We looked slow and turned the ball over way to easily under their pressure. A top 8 team would of capitalised where the saints didn't. I think when the youngsters mature and get bigger bodies we will be able absorb that sort of pressure better.

Our defence is holding up well. We would of definitely lost if our back 6 or 7 didn't stick to their guns. We were losing the midfield battle and a barrage of ball was coming into defence but the boys held up for long enough. A great effort.

Ozza
29-06-2015, 10:02 AM
1. Koby Stevens has been a real improver for us this season. He has become better with disposal, cleaner below his knees, and in a midfield that doesn't bat overly deep (at this point) his ferocious attack on the footy and strength to hold onto the footy and get it out to one of ours, has become really important.

2. Our side is building a real resilience. Make no mistake, this was an important win on Saturday night. The game was played on St.Kilda's terms almost all night - and we hung in there and took opportunities when we created them. I'm absolutely rapt with this win - because we really haven't tended to win on nights when the game is not played 'our way'. To play under par and still win is a good sign (as long as we get back to good footy next week).

3. Roberts and Hamling might be the real deal as KPD's. From where I was sitting on Saturday night - I got to have a really close look at them playing on Riewoldt and Bruce - who are both phenomenal athletes and absolute worked their backsides off. Considering the gap in experience, and the amount of opportunities Riewoldt and Bruce had - our boys really did a hell of a job.