PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 14 vs Carlton

Eastdog
23-06-2015, 10:04 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 14 match against Carlton at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Bump.

Throughandthrough
27-06-2015, 10:56 PM
get another 6 Easton Woods?

boydogs
27-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Need to see who puts their hand up in the VFL

G-Mo77
27-06-2015, 11:21 PM
There will be some tired bodies from tonight and some might be given a break. I still think Dale needs a breather although did some nice things at times. Do we keep going with Minson/Roughy?

Mantis
27-06-2015, 11:43 PM
There will be some tired bodies from tonight and some might be given a break. I still think Dale needs a breather although did some nice things at times. Do we keep going with Minson/Roughy?

Agree that Dale needs to go back and Minson too.. Just not offering much to our set-up.

GVGjr
27-06-2015, 11:44 PM

Do we really have other options? I'm not that keen on bringing Campbell in unless he has better form. If Cordy backs up last weeks effort again he might come into the mix.

I'd be looking at bringing in Crameri, Jong and Honeychurch.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2015, 11:47 PM
In: Crameri
Out: Dale (rested)

In: Jones
Out: Kruezer

whythelongface
27-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Do we really have other options? I'm not that keen on bringing Campbell in unless he has better form. If Cordy backs up last weeks effort again he might come into the mix.

I'd be looking at bringing in Crameri, Jong and Honeychurch.

Who would you look at dropping GVG

Scorlibo
27-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Dale doesn't do enough to stay in the team, seems to always do one or two great things during the course of the game but hasn't yet put together anything close to four quarters of footy.

Not that it's likely he's dropped from here, but I thought Morris was underdone and it cost us at times tonight. Additionally, the balance isn't right with Morris, Hamling, Roberts plus two ruckmen. It makes us look slow when we move forward and would much prefer to play another midfielder.

GVGjr
28-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Who would you look at dropping GVG

Webb and Dale spring to mind. I'd need to find someone else

LostDoggy
28-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Ins:

Jong.
Honey.

Out:

M Boyd (rested)
Anybody pulling up sore.

I would've said drop T Boyd for some confidence, but against Carlton he's better off in the side.

boydogs
28-06-2015, 12:45 AM
Not that it's likely he's dropped from here, but I thought Morris was underdone and it cost us at times tonight

I thought Morris was great. Compressed a lot of aerial contests, got the critical fist or tap in a number of times. Validated the decision to bring him back IMO

kruder
28-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Really need another midfielder Jong in please.

Hopefully Crameri responds well happy to give both Webb and Dale a rest.

Rocco Jones
28-06-2015, 01:18 AM
I really see why Beveridge is playing all the kids, love it but winter is here and it's a long season. Love, LOVE getting games into the likes of Dale, McLean and Webb but we can rotate them a bit more IMO.

Hard to tell the ins before the VFL game but I would be looking to give both Webb and Dale a rest. Crameri, Honey and Jong in line to replace them.

Will doesn't offer us much either short or long term. If we had any confidence in our young rucks then he would be out for sure but Ayce was nowhere near it and I really don't think Campbell is up to it. Roughy is more of a 2nd ruck type atm and it's a big risk to play someone alongside him who cannot be competitive in the ruck (which Will offers). If Ayce has another strong game, I would go with Roughy, Ayce and co. sharing the load...ruck stocks are very ordinary!

comrade
28-06-2015, 01:42 AM
Hate dropping the sub so I think Webb gets another go next week. His foot skills are very handy.

It's time for Dale to finally have a rest, I think. Has done a great job but does't get enough of the pill yet. Time to run around in the VFL and win possessions for fun.

Oh, Minno. What do we do with you? If Cordy has another big day out, I can see him getting the nod. It's not as if Carlton's ruck stocks are teeming with quality either.

All of Crameri, Hrovat, Jong, Honeychurch, Talia, Cordy and Daniel are in line for a call up. Plenty of options.

Remi Moses
28-06-2015, 03:57 AM
I thought Morris was excellent considering it was his first game back.
Maybe Prudden for Dale, or Daniel to debut . Depends on tomorrow which is streamed live on the vfl website.
That wasn't an overly physical game compared to others .
Looked a bit of keepings off

whythelongface
28-06-2015, 07:30 AM
I thought Morris was excellent considering it was his first game back.
Maybe Prudden for Dale, or Daniel to debut . Depends on tomorrow which is streamed live on the vfl website.
That wasn't an overly physical game compared to others .
Looked a bit of keepings off

Dale has been good and looks a likely future prospect. Would like to see him rested from the Seniors. Would like to see Prudden given a debut to see what he has to offer at AFL level.

Hotdog60
28-06-2015, 09:17 AM
What's peoples thoughts on Dahlhaus?
He had a heavy strapped leg and I thought he was either well held or was down on output. Just couldn't get near it and was sloppy at times. If he is carry a niggle would a rest serve him better this would give Honeychurch a spot.

comrade
28-06-2015, 09:31 AM
He had a heavy strapped leg and I thought he was either well held or was down on output. Just couldn't get near it and was sloppy at times. If he is carry a niggle would a rest serve him better this would give Honeychurch a spot.

I think Hrovat would be the most like for like replacement for Dahl.

Hotdog60
28-06-2015, 09:33 AM
I think Hrovat would be the most like for like replacement for Dahl.

Is that because Honeychurch doesn't the tank for the midfield yet?

comrade
28-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Is that because Honeychurch doesn't the tank for the midfield yet?

Yes. I also think he's better utilised forward with his defensive pressure and goal sense.

Hrovat is more of a genuine mid.

SlimPickens
28-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Yes. I also think he's better utilised forward with his defensive pressure and goal sense.

Hrovat is more of a genuine mid.

We miss Honeychurch.

LostDoggy
28-06-2015, 11:02 AM

He copped the heaviest tag of the match from Geary. Still tried hard and didn't seem too held back by the strapped knee.

comrade
28-06-2015, 11:15 AM
We miss Honeychurch.

He'll be right in the mix with a strong performance today.

bornadog
28-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Before we start upgrading players, let them show some form in the VFL. Jong was terrible after his broken hand, so I would like to see another big game from him today.

SlimPickens
28-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Before we start upgrading players, let them show some form in the VFL. Jong was terrible after his broken hand, so I would like to see another big game from him today.

He isn't named to play today.

SlimPickens
28-06-2015, 11:34 AM
He'll be right in the mix with a strong performance today.

Just think he worked really well under Boyds feet and his manic pressure is something we miss

bornadog
28-06-2015, 11:34 AM
He isn't named to play today.

Thanks Slim, I had forgotten that.

GVGjr
28-06-2015, 11:47 AM
With Campbell being the exception?

azabob
28-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Webb and Dale spring to mind. I'd need to find someone else

Webb on form or a rest?

F'scary
28-06-2015, 01:09 PM
I think Bailey Dale is due some time in the VFL - he's shown enough that he'll be back but at the moment he doesn't have the form to pick up enough possessions to keep his spot.

With Morris back, Webb should go to the VFL as his strong suite is the same position that Morris plays.

I'm not sure about Minson. He is not suited to our game where we are tactically electing to not go long around the boundary line and use boundary stoppages or bomb it long and hold it for a stoppage if we couldn't win the contest. Last night we were clearly choosing to hold the play up and shift the line of attack to the centre corridor or the fat side of the ground using keepings off rather than go long and hold for a stoppage (the hallmark of the McCartney era).

Tactically, next week I would like to see more long kicking to position in the forward line and look to win the contested ball on merits, either marks or crumbing. Dickson and Stringer should be positioned much deeper to support Toyd. I thought we blew Brisbane away when we started doing this in the second half last week.

If we play Minson again, we should be prepared play more stoppage situations, reset and go again - this worked well against GWS, I thought.

Basically, I thought last night, like the first half against Brisbane, there was too much finessing in the middle, there should be more long kicking, even if the results are boundary throw ins or ball ups 50-60 metres downfield. Beat the zone with long kicks, that in turn can open it up through the midfield as the opposition starts to anticipate and flood back deeper.

LostDoggy
28-06-2015, 01:55 PM
Carlton have 3 big forwards, Henderson, Casboult and Kruezer. So whilst I'm not a fan of Roberts, Hamling, Morris all playing as well as Rough and Minson. It's probably needed again this week.

Rocco Jones
28-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Carlton have 3 big forwards, Henderson, Casboult and Kruezer. So whilst I'm not a fan of Roberts, Hamling, Morris all playing as well as Rough and Minson. It's probably needed again this week.

Really, really hurts that we can't play Campbell or Cordy with any confidence of them being at least competitive in the ruck. We could be giving a young ruckman 20 games of experience this season.

F'scary
28-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Really, really hurts that we can't play Campbell or Cordy with any confidence of them being at least competitive in the ruck. We could be giving a young ruckman 20 games of experience this season.

spot on.

GVGjr
28-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Webb on form or a rest?

A bit of both. He's played 8 games in first season already so a couple of games back at Footscray will hopefully ensure he finishes the season nicely

Rocco Jones
28-06-2015, 05:11 PM
I think with Morris back in, it makes it hard to find a role down the chain for Webb. Bob, M Boyd, Wood and JJ taking the medium/small roles down back.

bornadog
28-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Well after the VFL game, perhaps the only change would be:

In - Hrovat and Honey

Out Dale and Webb

comrade
28-06-2015, 05:53 PM
No Crameri?

bornadog
28-06-2015, 05:54 PM
No Crameri?

I wasn't impressed at all.

jeemak
28-06-2015, 06:04 PM
No Crameri?

He was ordinary for the 2.5 quarters I saw. Really ordinary.

SlimPickens
28-06-2015, 06:33 PM
After today I'd go

In. Redpath, Honey and Daniel

Out. Minson, Webb and Dale

Carlton Ruckmen aren't very good so Redpath or Boyd to give Roughy a chop out.

bulldogtragic
28-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Jones kicked 6 on a witches hat in the VFL today in a 170 point win. We might have to bolster our defence if they rush him back in, so perhaps Daniel?

jeemak
28-06-2015, 07:04 PM
I'd be going with:

In - Biggs
Out - Dale

Hrovat really tried to create for us today, and if we think Webb should be dropped we might let him in.

LostDoggy
28-06-2015, 07:19 PM
After watching todays game i think Hrovat is the only player who could possibly come in.

Hotdog60
28-06-2015, 07:24 PM
I only saw up to 3 quarter time which Hrovat must have had a good last quarter. The 3 quarters I saw he was a case of the fumbles.

Nuggety Back Pocket
28-06-2015, 07:33 PM

You would need to bring back Crameri. Our attack was pathetic yesterday with just three goals from our regular forwards. Tom Boyd's reluctance to lead makes the forward line too static. It might be time to bring back Redpath following his 5 goals in the VFL today .He is a leading forward.This would leave to ruck Roughy and Boyd changing out of the forward pocket with Minson to miss.

Hotdog60
28-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Crameri was down on par for VFL level. I like the idea of giving Redpath another shot.

jeemak
28-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Crameri was down on par for VFL level. I like the idea of giving Redpath another shot.

If you were to compare the impact each had, you'd think Redpath gets the nod if selection is purely based on VFL form.

Go_Dogs
28-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Outs:-
Dale, Webb, Minson

Ins:-
Honeychurch, Biggs, Redpath

HC and Biggs are in to replace Dale and Webb. I'd go with Boyd as the second ruck this week and Redpath to help keep us straight when Boyd is in the ruck and hopefully string together a few good games at senior level. That being said, I'd be OK with leaving Minson in and allowing Redpath another week at VFL level if we think he's starting to build form and confidence and would benefit from that.

azabob
28-06-2015, 08:06 PM
I'd like know posters reasons for dropping Webb?

Hotdog60
28-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Might have something to do with little impact coming on as a sub with only 3 touches, although he managed a goal. Maybe the sub is the next step for demotion.
I hate the sub rule and the sooner it's gone the better.

chef
28-06-2015, 08:21 PM

Yeah, I'd keep him in..

Some are saying he might need a rest, well he got one yesterday.

Rocco Jones
28-06-2015, 10:38 PM

I think a couple of things:
- Morris back along with Wood, JJ, M Boyd and Bobby means medium small defensive spots are taken
- Form hasn't been great (I rate him highly and get it's primarily about development)
- Winter is here and I think we need another senior/more mature body
- We can give other kids a guy/rotate the opportunities
- Being dropped doesn't have to be completely negative. Not like the olden days. He can play a couple of full games at VFL, it has it's own development advantages

Rocco Jones
28-06-2015, 10:48 PM
In- Hrovat, Daniel, Redpath
Out- Dale, Webb, Minson

Redpath for Minson is the dilemma for mine. If next week's game lived in isolation, I would keep Minson, however his short and long term value to the team are low. The issue is that the other ruck options run a high risk of not being able to be competitive. I think if we need to give Redpath a go and this is the best/only? time to do it. He has had his best game of the season and we have two games that are a bit 'easier'. Hopefully it doesn't cost us the game.

I really love the look of Daniel. He seems the type of player who can do a lot with 15 touches, great decision maker, things happen when he gets it. I think he can some in and add a bit of value to the side, as well as getting games into him.

I would like to see Honeychurch in as well but can't fit 23 into 22.

whythelongface
28-06-2015, 10:54 PM
- Being dropped doesn't have to be completely negative. Not like the olden days. He can play a couple of full games at VFL, it has it's own develop advantages

That is an excellent point you make. I'm sure that is the message that the coaching staff would relay to the players, particular to the younger guys.

It is great that the young guys are getting a taste of AFL footy and seeing the level they need to be at to be a success. But, particularly with the sub-rule, it is important they continue to get regular game time therefore I believe it works to their (and the team's) advantage to be rotated in and out of the seniors.

ledge
29-06-2015, 05:53 AM
Who will play on their big forward with the best grab in the league, he is a big boy Casboult and we might need a big body in Minson to push him out of the way to stop the big marks in packs.

GVGjr
29-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Who will play on their big forward with the best grab in the league, he is a big boy Casboult and we might need a big body in Minson to push him out of the way to stop the big marks in packs.

Minson in a defensive role?

Mantis
29-06-2015, 09:16 AM

Roberts is the man for this job.. The days of having your rucking sitting back behind play finished in the 90's.

Sedat
29-06-2015, 09:19 AM
I reckon we'll need Minno this week so that Roughy can match up on Casboult - Minno should also match up well with Wood and Kreuzer.

Carlton are much improved the last few weeks - no coincidence that it has been since Kreuzer has come back from injury. He adds that bull-at-a-gate competitiveness they've lacked in the middle. They won't be easybeats this week by a longshot.

Rocco Jones
29-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Roberts is the man for this job.. The days of having your rucking sitting back behind play finished in the 90's.

Also, Will is pretty poor in marking contests IMO.

Ozza
29-06-2015, 12:06 PM
Having watched a lot of the Hamling/Roberts v Riewoldt/Bruce match ups - where the work rates involved was outrageous, I'd hope our staff were watching Hamling and Roberts very closely this week.

Those two saints players are about as good athletes as you will find, so our guys would be pretty sore and tired. At one point very late in the game Riewoldt led, doubled back, led, change direction, led again - and this went on for about 60-90 seconds while the saints stuffed around with the ball up field. Roberts was probably delirious by the end of it! And I've heard that Bruce goes close to keeping up with Riewoldt at training (running-wise).

LostDoggy
29-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Minson in a defensive role?

I think Redpath is the ideal canidate for this role.
Can go forward if Boyd pinch hits in the ruck and vice versa for Roughy to give him a chop out in defence.
Has played both ends of the ground previously and also gives us that biged bodied strength factor.

GVGjr
29-06-2015, 11:00 PM
I think Redpath is the ideal canidate for this role.
Can go forward if Boyd pinch hits in the ruck and vice versa for Roughy to give him a chop out in defence.
Has played both ends of the ground previously and also gives us that biged bodied strength factor.

I don't mind the idea of Redpath doing a spell in the back line. I wonder if he has the tank though

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-06-2015, 11:21 PM
I don't mind the idea of Redpath doing a spell in the back line. I wonder if he has the tank though

I would question that Redpath has the footy smarts to play forward and back. Redpath's appeal is as a leading forward who is still to prove that he is good enough at senior level. By contrast I could see Fletcher Roberts becoming a key forward. This could only occur if Talia was able to prove that he is capable of becoming a reliable key defender.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Can't wait to see what changes the committee makes or even if there are no changes. The committee has been awesome so far this year and have had a great playing group with which to work. We had a few that were down on form last week like Stringer who will hopefully step up. Reciprocally Easton Wood was magnificent and I hope he can be so consistently, there's no rule against it. It would be great if the committee deem Redpath can step up and take Rock the Casboult and help out in the ruck.

Hotdog60
02-07-2015, 07:30 PM
In:

Jack Redpath,
Mitch Honeychurch,
Caleb Daniel

Out
Lukas Webb (Omitted),
Tom Boyd (Knee),
Bailey Dale (Omitted)

westdog54
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Brilliant to see Daniel get a crack, and to see Redpath get another shot.

Remi Moses
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Young Webb a tad unlucky.
Big chance for Jack Redpath as a mature recruit ,his career is on the line.
Well done to Caleb Daniel. Let's keep count of Height references to Caleb.
My prediction triple figures by Saturday night

comrade
02-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Good ins.

If Boyd has a niggle, give him time to rest and heal. No need to cook the golden goose :D

Redpath has every reason to play out of his skin, Honey will bring back relentless pressure in the forward half and Caleb will be hitting up dinky little 30m passes like he's Sam Mitchell's love child.

And for the record, in the under/over for height references, I'm taking over 100.

boydogs
02-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Hope Boyd's OK, but love the changes. The kids have had a good taste, Redpath needs another shot, Daniel is ready and we have missed Honeychurch's frantic pressure and forward line crumbing

jeemak
02-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Awesome to see Daniel get a game.

I thought Biggs was a bit stiff not to, though another good performance will see him get a chance.

Drunken Bum
02-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Stoked to see Daniel get a game, especially against carlscum who gave us that pick for jones, really hope he rips it to shreds while Tutt and jones tear up the vfl

comrade
02-07-2015, 07:59 PM
So in the 2s we have the following who have played senior footy this year and could come in and play a role:

Talia
Hrovat
Jong
Crameri
Hunter
Cordy
Webb
Dale
Biggs

Usually by this stage of the year you start realising the depth you thought was there, isn't. Doesn't seem to be the case in 2015.

Remi Moses
02-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Stoked to see Daniel get a game, especially against carlscum who gave us that pick for jones, really hope he rips it to shreds while Tutt and jones tear up the vfl

They got a bit to prove against their old team
Our Vfl side

Drunken Bum
02-07-2015, 08:03 PM
They got a bit to prove against their old team
Our Vfl side

"tear it up in the vfl" was really meant to read "tear up in the vfl"

josie
02-07-2015, 08:06 PM
I am SO EXCITED - YAY YAY YAY. Go Caleb - you little ripper !!

I reckon Caleb will help heaps as an outside, clever disposal midfielder - we've been needing one in last few weeks.

Honeychurch a good in with his tackling pressure which I think will help Redpath and Stringer.

Really happy Big Red has another go at seniors too. Love the big heart of this monster and really hope he makes it at senior level.

My niggling concerns are; I thought we were one short of good inside midfielders last week - perhaps Honeychurch will rotate through there and would also love some more outside mid leg speed (will be good when Jong is fit and ripping it up at VFL as we really miss the verve he brought early in season).

boydogs
02-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Carlton have lost Menzel, Carrazzo and Docherty to injury. We should really pull their pants down

bulldogtragic
02-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Carlton have lost Menzel, Carrazzo and Docherty to injury. We should really pull their pants down

Did Jones get promoted?

boydogs
02-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Did Jones get promoted?

Jones & Tutt both emergencies

bulldogtragic
02-07-2015, 08:24 PM
Jones & Tutt both liabilities

Ta. Edited for accuracy... :)

F'scary
02-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Spewing that Tom Boyd is out. Hope its nothing much.

F'scary
02-07-2015, 09:57 PM
What about a bit of analysis of the opposition?

I understand the Blues midfielder Cripps is hot, Everitt is having his best season ever and is a dangerous forward, Casboult is a monster who can take a grab in the forward line, Kruezer in the ruck is on fire, Henderson has been doing well at CHF the past couple of matches, Murphy, Yarran and Tuohy are in form and that the Blues beat Port Adelaide at Etihad in a close game 2 weeks ago.

Lest we not underestimate our opposition, last year we went into the corresponding match as warm favourites and they beat us convincingly (it was Bonti's first game and that was the only good thing to come out of the evening). They played a fast leading game and we had trouble keeping up with them, conceding chains of possessions between half back and half forward far too easily.

boydogs
02-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Lest we not underestimate our opposition

They're no chance mate. Gibbs is suspended, Judd is retired, Menzel, Carrazzo (best tagger) & Docherty (best rebounder) are injured, Jones & Tutt are going so badly they can't get a game, and instead they've brought in a mature aged recruit who has managed 2 games and a rookie. They've won 3 games for the year and are averaging 79 points for and 108 points against, they've been so bad they sacked the league's longest serving coach for a rookie, and when they do manage to win against the bottom side they kick 5 more behinds than goals

F'scary
02-07-2015, 10:52 PM
They're no chance mate. Gibbs is suspended, Judd is retired, Menzel, Carrazzo (best tagger) & Docherty (best rebounder) are injured, Jones & Tutt are going so badly they can't get a game, and instead they've brought in a mature aged recruit who has managed 2 games and a rookie. They've won 3 games for the year and are averaging 79 points for and 108 points against, they've been so bad they sacked the league's longest serving coach for a rookie, and when they do manage to win against the bottom side they kick 5 more behinds than goals

I had a look at the first quarter of their game against GCF on the replay and I have no doubt that we can crack them like a peanut by just putting our standard "men of mayhem" pressure on them. But there is still that lingering concern due to that 2nd half against the Saints (first encounter) and the awful loss to the f'n Dees.

Dry Rot
03-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Good to see that the match Committee finally took notice of my sig here, and dropped Boyd for Daniel.

Twodogs
03-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Good to see that the match Committee finally took notice of my sig here, and dropped Boyd for Daniel.

And your avatar.

The Underdog
03-07-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm still a long way off the Redpath bandwagon so hope he can provide the contest T Boyd provides when we play well. I won't get to see this game so look forward to reports especially re Calebs debut.

Cyberdoggie
03-07-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm still a long way off the Redpath bandwagon so hope he can provide the contest T Boyd provides when we play well. I won't get to see this game so look forward to reports especially re Calebs debut.

I think they are actually quite different players even though they are similar builds.

Boyd isn't the quickest and is more of a contested pack marking player while Redpath tends to be better as a leading forward. Jack's contested marking isn't really his best asset.

Cyberdoggie
03-07-2015, 11:57 AM
I think they are actually quite different players even though they are similar builds.

Boyd isn't the quickest and is more of a contested pack marking player while Redpath tends to be better as a leading forward. Jack's contested marking isn't really his best asset.

If we pass to him like he is Tom Boyd with 2 defenders sitting on him he will barely get a touch.

Cyberdoggie
03-07-2015, 11:59 AM
If we pass to him like he is Tom Boyd with 2 defenders sitting on him he will barely get a touch.

Whoops, I'm replying to my own posts now, thought I had pressed the edit button.

Maddog37
03-07-2015, 12:26 PM
I would think Ruff or Minno would play deep forward more with Boyd out to maintain our structural patterns. Maybe Minno at FF with instructions to bring the ball to ground at all times. Just spitballing of course.......

SlimPickens
03-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Maybe Minno at FF with instructions to bring the ball to ground at all times. Just spitballing of course.......

Well he ain't going to mark it ;)

comrade
03-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Well he ain't going to mark it ;)

Park him at full forward and instruct every one else to stand 10 metres in front of him to catch the rebound as it trampolines off his hands :D

Greystache
03-07-2015, 01:39 PM
Park him at full forward and instruct every one else to stand 10 metres in front of him to catch the rebound as it trampolines off his hands :D

His marking is so terrible these days that in all likelihood he won't get a hand on it. So often he flies for a mark a doesn't get anywhere near it. It's quite extraordinary.

Greystache
03-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Agree. He's really a Barry Hall lite type of forward. Strong one on one, can mark well on the lead, but rarely has any impact in a pack situation. I've been really disappointed he hasn't been paired with Boyd much this season as I think they compliment each other well.

The Pie Man
03-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Agree. He's really a Barry Hall lite type of forward. Strong one on one, can mark well on the lead, but rarely has any impact in a pack situation. I've been really disappointed he hasn't been paired with Boyd much this season as I think they compliment each other well.

Agree - I think the 2 big KF structure, particurlarly where they have alternate strengths like these 2, is the way forward. Especially finals.

If that formation is tried & persisted with, Minson shouldn't play.

Hotdog60
03-07-2015, 06:30 PM

I agree also, pin one down and the other could get off the leash.

Nuggety Back Pocket
03-07-2015, 09:20 PM
His marking is so terrible these days that in all likelihood he won't get a hand on it. So often he flies for a mark a doesn't get anywhere near it. It's quite extraordinary.

Will's value these days unfortunately is limited to his physical strength at ruck work around the ground. His forward work in the past two weeks has been a liability. The emergence of Roughead has tended to lessen the influence of Minson whose selection these days is far from certain.

F'scary
03-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm picking Minson to have a big game tomorrow. Carton are supposed to be pretty reasonable with the clearances. I have a feeling Minnow is going to control things and we are going to reap the benefits with the clearances.