PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 15 Edition

Eastdog
05-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Once the Round 15 match against Gold Coast Suns is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.

GVGjr
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
11-07-2015, 08:30 PM
1. I've learned if we get consistent we will be 'the threat' in actuality.
2. I've learned that I'd like to see Talia a run given up forward.
3. I've learned that three ugly wins might not a have me watching game replays in full, but it's 12 points.

AndrewP6
11-07-2015, 09:26 PM
1. Talia can go forward if/when he's stinking it up in the backline.
2. These boys can fight. Boy, can they fight. Played like poo for most of the day, but someone had the belief.
3. I have learnt not to pause live TV when the phone rings, lest you post on social media and make an idiot of yourself.

LostDoggy
11-07-2015, 10:33 PM
1. Fumble city continues. Our skills rank with a bottom 4 side.
2. We have to get the balance right. One too many slower players in the side. Redpath, Minson and Boyd can't all be there together. Our mids need more variety.
3. We are developing an amazing back half but when Murphy, Wood, JJ or Boyd are held we lose fluency of ball movement and direction.

ratsmac
12-07-2015, 03:45 AM
1. Macrae likes the top end
2. When the Bont gets his game on we all of a sudden look dangerous.
3. 10 goal last quarters make me happy

jeemak
12-07-2015, 03:58 AM
1. Fumble city continues. Our skills rank with a bottom 4 side.
2. We have to get the balance right. One too many slower players in the side. Redpath, Minson and Boyd can't all be there together. Our mids need more variety.
3. We are developing an amazing back half but when Murphy, Wood, JJ or Boyd are held we lose fluency of ball movement and direction.

Wouldn't any side say the same thing about their key movers out of defence? Most good sides are made from a strong defencive six, it's a great thing that ours is good enough to be a key component in our fortunes.

LostDoggy
12-07-2015, 08:31 AM
1 We have a great mix of talented and potentially spectacularly skilled youngsters that are standing up when we need them and willing us to win
2 the coaching team are not stagnant in their structures and will switch it up to try to get things happening
3 Talia may become a swing man

LostDoggy
12-07-2015, 08:58 AM
1. Kicking a couple of needed goals can redeem you in the eyes of fans for most of a game spent chasing your own tail. Talia, Stringer say hello particularly. Go on about Talia being a swing man all you like, he was moved forward because he was being monstered by a hobbling Dixon. Stringer was off as well, gee he's amazing when he's on. Wish that was 120 minutes each week, he'd win the Brownlow/Coleman double.
2. Related to point 1: I've become a much harder judge of our performances as expectations rise.
3. We need to hire that “you can doooo eeeeet!” Bloke from The Water Boy. When the team get their mojo on…

always right
12-07-2015, 09:30 AM
1. I love the fact Murphy, even when under defensive pressure, is still always thinking how can I turn the situation into an attack on the rebound.
2. Redpath is worth persevering with. His work rate really surprised me.
3. My mood can swing dramatically from......not sure coming up to Cairns was a smart decision.....to what a beatiful place Cairns is the morning after a Bulldogs victory.

GVGjr
12-07-2015, 09:43 AM
1) The commentators got it right when they tipped a Bulldog resurgence in the last quarter
2) When we are switched on our best football is very good
3) It's OK to mention the F word

jazzadogs
12-07-2015, 09:52 AM
1) The commentators got it right when they tipped a Bulldog resurgence in the last quarter
2) When we are switched on our best football is very good
3) It's OK to mention the F word

From what I recall they didn't tip the resurgence until we'd kicked our fifth goal for the quarter! And then in the same sentence Al Lynch said it was 'rather predictable' but 'completely unexpected'. Morons.

GVGjr
12-07-2015, 09:56 AM
From what I recall they didn't tip the resurgence until we'd kicked our fifth goal for the quarter! And then in the same sentence Al Lynch said it was 'rather predictable' but 'completely unexpected'. Morons.

They tipped that the Suns were stopping and that we were lifting and most on here thought they got it wrong.
No one, commentators included, tipped the outstanding final quarter we put together.

bulldogtragic
12-07-2015, 10:07 AM
4. 48 point turnaround in 14.28 minutes...

Smads57
12-07-2015, 10:14 AM
1. even though we keep introducing new players and some of the youngsters can play ordinary for a while, there is still enough talent to win games (looking forward to the day it all comes together)
2. I love watching Murphy kick the ball - he must have the best passing kick in the AFL at present
3. there is a real passion to win in the group as evidenced by the song being sung at the end of the game

ledge
12-07-2015, 11:18 AM
1 jack redpath when looked for can be a very damaging player, he was our only forward in the tough times and proved he us up
To AFL today more than any of his previous games.
2 Our reserve team is full of players ready and confident they can play at the standard required and will not give in.
3 I believe the coaching group are doing a great job of managing our list as far as getting games into young ones and giving them a taste of AFL football without compromising the chance to win.

SonofScray
12-07-2015, 11:42 AM
1. I can't count this squad out anymore in those scenarios. We were lame ducks early, but did just enough to stay in the game and with some prompting took the opportunity just in time. Turned a negative into a huge positive.

2. The Path is able to have a scoreboard impact and win the ball when it is put to his advantage. Looked much better this week, especially without the footy.

3. Wallis is an exceptionally smart player, he is doing things with an incredibly high level of discipline. N.b ran the ball out of bounds in the F50 rather than turn it over 3v1 with a speculative handball inside.

merantau
12-07-2015, 01:15 PM
We are a lot better side now than any we have put on the field since 2011. The competition for a spot in the 22 is intense. Tom Boyd does not need a rest. He needs to attack the ball more and he needs better delivery. Also umpires need to pay him free kicks when they are due. Bob Murphy, Dale Morris, Matthew Boyd, Luke Dahlhaus, Koby Stevens, Easton Wood, JJ. J. Grant, Roughie, Liam Picken are playing the best football of their careers and our young guns are all having their moments in the sun - some of them spectacularly so.In short, we have a lot of blokes with their shoulders to the wheel.

Jeanette54
12-07-2015, 01:37 PM
I learnt the most important thing of all. That when some of our boys are down and out, with nothing left to give; they can still find something. It just doesn't get more bulldog that that.

F'scary
12-07-2015, 01:58 PM
1. Don't underestimate depth. It was excellent to have a creditable KPB like Talia to come in when the current first choice misses through injury. We probably need one more decent KPB on the list (maybe Zaine can become that).

2. Our VFL side has a good raft of players ready to get a chance in the seniors, I wasn't sure about our depth a few weeks ago but now that we are getting a few injuries and the odd form lapse, I am seeing that there are players to come in for a number of positions.

3. Jack Macrae is no show pony. He has worked really hard to hold his spot and be a leading player after his earlier form loss.

SlimPickens
12-07-2015, 02:43 PM
1. Watching the game slowly update on the AFL app sucks (In Hawaii).
2.Being in Hawaii doesn't suck, not one bit.
3. I expected us to lose one of the last four, we didn't! This is great.

bornadog
12-07-2015, 02:46 PM
1. Watching the game slowly update on the AFL app sucks (In Hawaii).
2.Being in Hawaii doesn't suck, not one bit.
3. I expected us to lose one of the last four, we didn't! This is great.

Lucky you, it's 7 degrees and raining in Melbourne

SlimPickens
12-07-2015, 03:04 PM

It's 31 and sunny here. Swings and roundabouts ;)

LostDoggy
12-07-2015, 04:51 PM
We are a lot better side now than any we have put on the field since 2011. The competition for a spot in the 22 is intense. Tom Boyd does not need a rest. He needs to attack the ball more and he needs better delivery. Also umpires need to pay him free kicks when they are due. Bob Murphy, Dale Morris, Matthew Boyd, Luke Dahlhaus, Koby Stevens, Easton Wood, JJ. J. Grant, Roughie, Liam Picken are playing the best football of their careers and our young guns are all having their moments in the sun - some of them spectacularly so.In short, we have a lot of blokes with their shoulders to the wheel.
This team, on song, would beat the 2008-10 Dogs.

It's not that cold. Went camping the other day even, was beautiful to get outdoors.

Sedat
12-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Haven't watched the game yet, but from the highlights package I bet every player wishes they had the same 2nd year blues as the Bont ;)