PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Going to Cairns?

HOSE B ROMERO
07-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Well heading up to Cairns for a ahem, romantic week away and just noticed we've got a football match smack bang in the middle :rolleyes:... anyone else heading to the game?

The Underdog
07-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Well heading up to Cairns for a ahem, romantic week away and just noticed we've got a football match smack bang in the middle :rolleyes:... anyone else heading to the game?

Just spent a week in the Daintree, am down on the Tablelands now. Will be there for the game. We'd actually booked the first week of accom but not flights then the fixture came out and I worked out if we stayed a few extra days we could catch the game.

Maddog37
07-07-2015, 08:28 PM

Reminds of the beer ad, "Michael Jamison, as I live and breath!"

F'scary
07-07-2015, 08:42 PM

You are sounding like one of those mid-strength beer ads! ;)

F'scary
07-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Reminds of the beer ad, "Michael Jamison, as I live and breath!"

beat me to the punch!

Twodogs
07-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Cairns and the Daintree is just about perfect country I reckon. The rainforest coming right down to the coast and the Great Barrier Reef.

Dunno if I could take the summers though.

Twodogs
07-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Just spent a week in the Daintree, am down on the Tablelands now. Will be there for the game. We'd actually booked the first week of accom but not flights then the fixture came out and I worked out if we stayed a few extra days we could catch the game.

When we went to Cairns we found out that one of our favourite bands were doing 3 shows there that week. Gee they were mighty gigs.

boydogs
07-07-2015, 09:25 PM
I live here, looking forward to seeing us live. I'll be sure to report back on how we go :)

bornadog
07-07-2015, 11:06 PM
While you are there go to the club function, they are well worth it.

always right
08-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Heading up on the 6:00am flight Saturday for four nights with the whole family. Really hoping we get a result.

bornadog
10-07-2015, 02:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJglMbcUYAAa8SP.jpg

HOSE B ROMERO
15-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Well just got back from the Cairns match and would recommend it. Quite different from ACT or Adelaide away experience. Beautiful setting.

Things i learned:

Sitting in front of a Collingwood supporter, wherever you may be in this country, leaves you with the conclusion that you are the smartest bloke on earth;

Getting into a football ground with their confusing queing/ticketing systems, should be made an Olympic event;

Our boys are finding a way to win games when only playing one or two good quarters;

always right
15-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Three quarter time started to think what a waste of time it was travelling up to Cairns with the family. Half an hour later I'm competing with my 26 year old son in a vigorous session of kick to kick celebrating our win.

Loved our trip up north although I did discover how Bulldogs supporters travelling north are far more passionate than a hundred locals are wearing Gold Coast merchandise.