PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs and Footscray

Twodogs
12-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Between them kicked 19 goals in the last quarter yesterday.

That must be a record.

The bulldog tragician
12-07-2015, 12:43 PM
The surprising thing about our barnstorming last quarter was the fact that I'm pretty sure we were just about the poorest performed last quarter side for most of the season so far.

To be able to finish so strongly in warm conditions was (sorry Rocket) pleasing.

Maybe our fitness base is starting to take shape, or maybe our club is just learning to really dislike losing.

SonofScray
12-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Both games the boys turned around a deficit. While the Men of Mayhem stuff has died down, that real manic intensity, the actual will to get the result is still there. I thought the seniors were very listless, meandering through the corridor for a lot of the game. However, in those conditions to kick 10 in the last took a lot of hard work. I noticed Dahl and Fletcher Roberts vomiting on the field after a few repat efforts.

Chalk and cheese conditions, with the Reserves toiling in cold, damp conditions. I think that stuff hardens you up too. They are all coming up to the Firsts hungry and ready to go.

ledge
12-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Reserves are getting back to last years form, quite incredible when half the players are playing AFL now, we have an awesome reserve set up.
Worth taking in that at the Northern Blues game I ended up being asked questions about players in our team by Carlton spectators I didn't realise were the Carlton hierarchy until I heard them discussing meetings later in the week.
They were blown away by the players we had that werent known and commented to each other how we are going to be one hell
Of a side in the next ten years with this squad.

LostDoggy
12-07-2015, 04:27 PM
Reserves are getting back to last years form, quite incredible when half the players are playing AFL now, we have an awesome reserve set up.
Worth taking in that at the Northern Blues game I ended up being asked questions about players in our team by Carlton spectators I didn't realise were the Carlton hierarchy until I heard them discussing meetings later in the week.
They were blown away by the players we had that werent known and commented to each other how we are going to be one hell
Of a side in the next ten years with this squad.

I like that, but I also heard Carlton hierarchy at the start of the year say Carlton were top four material, so take their judgement with a grain of salt.

bulldogtragic
12-07-2015, 05:02 PM

That must be a record.

If you consider and count the last 4 times we kicked 10 in a quarter, then we averaged over 240 points over a game. Not bad.

Twodogs
12-07-2015, 05:17 PM
If you consider and count the last 4 times we kicked 10 in a quarter, then we averaged over 240 points over a game. Not bad.

We need a way to bottle things like that and hand it out before matches.

bulldogtragic
12-07-2015, 05:22 PM
We need a way to bottle things like that and hand it out before matches.

Surely we can get KT, Turtle and Beasley some surrogate mums. A bit like a Father Son Academy, but taking the FSA program to the next level by proactively making lots of potential father sons. Bags of ten goals, per forward, per game then becomes easy.

Twodogs
12-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Surely we can get KT, Turtle and Beasley some surrogate mums. A bit like a Father Son Academy, but taking the FSA program to the next level by proactively making lots of potential father sons. Bags of ten goals, per forward, per game then becomes easy.

I've long been an advocate of beep testing the kids at the day centre alongside the Whitten Oval and adopt the kids who test highest out to 100 game bulldog players. We would probably have to organise other kids for the parents concerned though.

bulldogtragic
12-07-2015, 09:11 PM
I've long been an advocate of beep testing the kids at the day centre alongside the Whitten Oval and adopt the kids who test highest out to 100 game bulldog players. We would probably have to organise other kids for the parents concerned though.

I don't have any myself. I might have put up Eastdog.

1eyedog
12-07-2015, 10:43 PM

That's so funny but so wrong at the same time.

I don't have any myself. I might have put up Eastdog.

Ha ha now that's funny!

BornInDroopSt'54
13-07-2015, 01:23 PM

That must be a record.

It's a measure of our potency. Great ball movement and club ethic. It is so good that we are rotating players and have skilled and disciplined players throughout our ranks. There is belief and freedom to self actualise, a stark contrast to our dour efforts last year, yet because of them.