PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to The Glove - 200 games round 16 2015

bornadog
13-07-2015, 05:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJxgzhNUsAAqZuq.jpg

From Rookie to All Australian and now 200 games.

Great achievement, great warrior and the pillar of our defence for 10 years.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
13-07-2015, 05:32 PM
What bornadog said. Quality player and person

Daughter of the West
13-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Congratulations on 200 games Dale! So happy to see you in the side and running amok in the back line, especially after that horrible broken leg.

boydogs
13-07-2015, 07:51 PM
It's remarkable that he came back from his broken leg and this season from his torn pectoral at his age without missing a beat. Must be doing everything to get himself right

F'scary
13-07-2015, 08:16 PM
A player whose entire career on the field I have been able to follow. A-grade from the first game and well-decorated with honours. Hope he can go on for another season or so. We will miss him when he's gone.

LostDoggy
13-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Cograts Moz on 200 blanket smothering games.

bulldogtragic
13-07-2015, 08:37 PM
450 games off the rookie list (Boyd & Dale). Wow.

Well done Dale.

Twodogs
13-07-2015, 08:39 PM
I can remember seeing him train for the first time. I must admit to agreeing with the general consensus that he wouldn't make it. So glad he's proved that hasty and uninformed statement wrong.

LostDoggy
13-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Of all the milestone games, this one will be right up there for me. Absolutely love and respect Dale as a footballer and a bloke of the highest intelligence and integrity. Future coaching star in the making also.

Congratulations Dale Morris on 200 games richly deserved.

josie
13-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Hear hear BornAScragger.

Morris is a true gentleman on (i.e. no dirty tactics) & off the field whilst still being a tough defender that makes forwards earn every possession. One of the best I've seen including a rare ability to often keep his feet & keep his cool. Exemplary role model and faithful bulldog player.

whythelongface
13-07-2015, 10:27 PM
Another legend of our club. Well done Moz.

merantau
13-07-2015, 10:34 PM
As we can see from the above tributes, Dale is a man held in the highest regard by Bulldog supporters. When the curtain comes down on his wonderful career he will be remembered for his un-wavering dedication to the cause, his un-flinching courage, his skill and his determination to overcome whatever is put in his way. To come back so well from a broken leg says it all about Dale Morris the man. His name will always be bracketed with the great Bulldog defenders of past years - Henderson, Donald, Whitten, Darcy, Walker, Jillard, Wheeler, Foster, Kennedy, Egan and Lake. I expect him to be around for a few more years. Keep on keeping on, Dale - you are the people's favourite.

Sedat
13-07-2015, 10:35 PM
450 games off the rookie list (Boyd & Dale). Wow.

Well done Dale.
Picken, Dahl, JJ as well - the rookie list has been kind to us.

Fantastic achievement by Morris. Prior to his broken leg, you could count on the one hand how many games he was beaten by his opponent in.

Smads57
13-07-2015, 11:37 PM
Really pleased for Dale that he has gotten to this milestone with the club he loves (and who loves him).

The Bulldogs Bite
14-07-2015, 12:00 AM
Great effort. Very resilient and reliable. Congratulations to Dale, well earned.

1eyedog
14-07-2015, 12:06 AM
What a player! Love him.

Go_Dogs
14-07-2015, 02:26 AM
One of the better football stories. I'm pretty certain it was his first game in 2005, playing the Crows at Etihad. He spent the night on a mixture of McLeod and Rucciuto and from memory, did a reasonable job for a first gamer in a shutdown role.

It was tragic when he broke his leg, and a testament to his peerless work ethic and dedication that he was able to return at all, let alone as well as he did. Congrats Moz!

jazzadogs
14-07-2015, 05:02 AM
One of the better football stories. I'm pretty certain it was his first game in 2005, playing the Crows at Etihad. He spent the night on a mixture of McLeod and Rucciuto and from memory, did a reasonable job for a first gamer in a shutdown role.

It was tragic when he broke his leg, and a testament to his peerless work ethic and dedication that he was able to return at all, let alone as well as he did. Congrats Moz!

His is actually one of the few debuts I remember from back then. He spent most of the night following McLeod and did a great job, while Luke Darcy was taking grabs, throwing his mouth guard and kicking goals. I think it was the week before he did his knee?

Anyway, congratulations to Dale. Has been an incredibly reliable player over a long period and deserves every accolade that comes his way this week.

LostDoggy
14-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Let's bribe somebody at Champion Data and have it upgraded to 300 games.

SlimPickens
14-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Great player, even better bloke. Well done Dale

ReLoad
14-07-2015, 09:24 AM
He personifies the bulldog spirit, given his terrible broken leg and the true professionalism to leave no stone unturned in coming back, the guy is pure class.

Has to be in serious contention for the current team of the century.
No doubt post playing career will be a genuinely fantastic backline coach too.

Would love to clone him!

Bulldog4life
14-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Yes congrats to Moz as others have said he has been such an important part of our team for a long time and an inspiration also to all the youngsters playing with us today. Again a lovely guy to talk to. A real gentleman.

Eastdog
14-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Congratulations Dale. What a great player he is. He is still vitally important and provides experience for the younger blokes. Loving his efforts for us this season.

Ozza
14-07-2015, 01:39 PM
If we're talking defenders in the sense of purely stopping his opponent - and doing everything he can to help his team win - I don't believe we have had a better one in the time I have been going to the footy (1989-now).

A great bulldog, through and through.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-07-2015, 01:55 PM
I can't recall many others who have performed as consistently at a high standard from game 1 all the way through their career as Moz. Neither can I recall too many other high performing AFL players who have remained as consistently grounded and likeable as Moz.
He has a steely competitive on the field that is just so admirable. He must be one of the hardest opponents to play on, yet also one of the most fair.

boydogs
14-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Prior to his broken leg, you could count on the one hand how many games he was beaten by his opponent in.

You don't think he has been as good since his return?

The Pie Man
14-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Still can't believe how well he played the 09 finals series injured - hoping he feels fresh and wants to keep going, as he's still important.

Thank-you Moz & well done.

merantau
14-07-2015, 02:45 PM
As we can see from the above tributes, Dale is a man held in the highest regard by Bulldog supporters. When the curtain comes down on his wonderful career he will be remembered for his un-wavering dedication to the cause, his un-flinching courage, his skill and his determination to overcome whatever is put in his way. To come back so well from a broken leg says it all about Dale Morris the man. His name will always be bracketed with the great Bulldog defenders of past years - Henderson, Donald, Whitten, Darcy, Walker, Jillard, Wheeler, Foster, Kennedy, Egan and Lake. I expect him to be around for a few more years. Keep on keeping on, Dale - you are the people's favourite.
Left a couple of my favourites out of this list: Steve Wallis, Steve Kretiuk and Matthew Croft.

merantau
14-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Oh, and Steven Power

Twodogs
14-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Fruitcake Ford.

Twodogs
14-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Brian Cordy.

anfo27
14-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Congratulations Dale on getting to 200 games and also the quality of those games. The ultimate professional who left no stone unturned to get the absolute best out of himself. A player that when he hangs up the boots will be proud of his achievements because he left everything out there.

Early on was always concerned with his kicking but not only did he improve over time but he never bites off more than he can chew. As Dermie always says 'a mans got to know his limitations' and Dale is a perfect example of this. If he played for a big club would have more than one All Australian. Champion!

merantau
14-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Brian Cordy.
I wouid've added Mark Kellet to the list if he'd played more games. Had the best 'Don't Argue' of all time. He gave us great service in the short time he was with us

Remi Moses
14-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Well done Dale and a great bloke to boot.
Played with a broken jaw, and once played with a broken leg!!
Great warrior

Twodogs
14-07-2015, 10:50 PM
I wouid've added Mark Kellet to the list if he'd played more games. Had the best 'Don't Argue' of all time. He gave us great service in the short time he was with us

Loved the Captain and his don't argue, not many won an argument with the palm of his hand.

He was a bit like Hamling this year. A player type we were desperately crying out for sitting on another clubs list that just sort of fell through to us. That's probably over simplifying the situation but you know what I mean.

craigsahibee
16-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Congratulations Dale.

He's not the most skilled player going around, but at least you know you will get nothing less than 100% effort from Dale, every week.

After the success of Matthew Delllavedova during the NBA Finals, The Wall Street Journal ran a story entitled "Why Every NBA Team Needs an Australian". I reckon "Every Footy Team Needs a Dale Morris".

He's reliable, selfless, proud, dedicated and committed. Everything you want in a team-mate.

One of the greats.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Well done Dale and a great bloke to boot.
Played with a broken jaw, and once played with a broken leg!!
Great warrior

Played with a broken back (vertebrae) in a finals series too.

He'll go down as one of our best ever defenders,.

Mantis
16-07-2015, 03:44 PM
He's effort never waivers, which is a great trait to have.

Hopefully we can make it a day to remember for him & his family and celebrate with another win.

Greystache
16-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Great achievement. He has mastered the art of the body spoil throughout his career.

bornadog
17-07-2015, 01:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKFIPnBUMAActfg.jpg

First game and Grant's 300

always right
17-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Champion bulldog...champion bloke. Zero ego and one of the club greats.

bornadog
17-07-2015, 02:17 PM
Career highlights - The spoils, the tackles, the marks.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-07-17/dale-morris-career-highlights

Ozza
17-07-2015, 03:59 PM
How time has flown when you see the picture of Chris Grant's 300th being Morris' 1st.

Twodogs
17-07-2015, 04:54 PM

Dale looks exactly the same. He hasn't aged a day.

Jeanette54
18-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Congratulations Dale on 200 games, well played.

Dale Morris, the thinking woman's footballer of choice.

The bulldog tragician
19-07-2015, 12:34 AM

Just as an aside, who's the guy with Scott West?

boydogs
19-07-2015, 12:56 AM
Just as an aside, who's the guy with Scott West?

McMahon on his right and Murph on his left

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Jordy

Ozza
20-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Defended grandly (again) on the weekend. I probably should have included him in my votes.

Axe Man
20-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Great banner for Dale on the weekend. Was lucky enough to have seats above where the boys ran out.

http://s28.postimg.org/ggj29c1rx/Morris_Banner.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/tkomm0ttl/full/)

Twodogs
20-07-2015, 01:04 PM

I love how Dale instinctively reaches out to know where the forward is even when he's singing the theme song!

boydogs
20-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Defended grandly (again) on the weekend. I probably should have included him in my votes.

He was good early but Motlop got on top of him in the second half

merantau
20-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Motlop made the most of his extremely limited opportunities. He kicked goals when he had the chance unlike a few players on both sides. Considering how Motlop has often cut defences to ribbons and given defenders nightmares Dale did a really good job on him IMO.

Twodogs
20-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Motlop made the most of his extremely limited opportunities. He kicked goals when he had the chance unlike a few players on both sides. Considering how Motlop has often cut defences to ribbons and given defenders nightmares Dale did a really good job on him IMO.

Dale seemed to get a fair bit of the ball himself on Saturday. More than usual.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2015, 07:24 PM

I think Motlop got the last 3 Geelong goals

bornadog
25-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Great banner for Dale on the weekend. Was lucky enough to have seats above where the boys ran out.

http://s28.postimg.org/ggj29c1rx/Morris_Banner.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/tkomm0ttl/full/)

Brilliant