PDA

View Full Version : Be Loud, Be Fair Campaign

azabob
14-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Reinforcing the Western Bulldogs’ commitment to protect all fans’ right to enjoy their time at the football, the Club has launched the Be Loud, Be Fair campaign on Tuesday night.

Following on from the Club’s Member Code of Conduct established early last year, the Western Bulldogs are asking members and fans to support everyone’s right to enjoy the footy free from abuse, by signing an online petition at westernbulldogs.com.au/beloudbefair

The Club has produced a short video highlighting its values and expectations on appropriate crowd conduct — which features President Peter Gordon, Coach Luke Beveridge Captain Bob Murphy, as well as Club legend John Schultz, among others.

Peter Gordon said it was important the Club and its members led the way in providing a safe and enjoyable match day environment for all fans.

“As a Club, we are against all forms of abuse, or any other action that degrades or disparages people and negatively impacts their match-day experience,” Gordon said.

“Our Club is for everyone and we want our fans to be expressive and in full voice when supporting our team, but we also expect that they are mindful of their surroundings.”

The Western Bulldogs will play the Be Loud, Be Fair video on the big screen at all home games for the remainder of the season, beginning at the Round 17 match against Collingwood.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/beloudbefair%20?camefrom=EMCL_697300_29563272

Bulldog4life
14-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Fantastic effort and initiative from our great Club So proud

bulldogtragic
14-07-2015, 09:31 PM
They played the video on 360 just now. Talk about turning a negative into a massive positive. I hope some idiots take note we don't want them at the footy, or at least behaving as such.

Bulldog4life
14-07-2015, 09:33 PM
They played the video on 360 just now. Talk about turning a negative into a massive positive. I hope some idiots take note we don't want them at the footy, or at least behaving as such.

Saw it too BT it was terrific

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
14-07-2015, 09:34 PM
You can sign up on the club website now

BulldogBelle
14-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Brought a tear to my eye.
l felt very proud to be a Bulldog.
Loved John Schultz in it!

merantau
14-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Have just signed. Great initiative by Club. Football has been a wonderful vehicle for integrating and including people of all backgrounds into Aussie culture and way of life. We want to take people with us, not leave them on the margins looking in.

LostDoggy
14-07-2015, 11:05 PM
Just signed on.
This great club of ours is kicking more goals on and off the field then it ever has in it's history.
So very,very proud.

Twodogs
14-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Another reason to love this club.

Sedat
14-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Fantastic, proactive and very important initiative. Well done to the club.

AndrewP6
15-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Great vid, great initiative. Well done to the club.

angelopetraglia
16-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Fantastic stuff from the club. Showing real leadership.

SonofScray
16-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Going to buck the trend. Don't like it.

100% agree with the values that underpin it, would never suggest anything promoting social inclusion has no place, but I don't like the wording in the actual petition. It is explicitly broad and increases the scope of what might be determined as deviant behaviour. I am inherently suspicious of this stuff in a world where the media is fuelled by fits and spurts of moral outrage and surveillance is so heavily embedded in day to day life.

I don't think the Club has gone that deep into things and clearly it has been generated in good faith, so well done. But it's not for me. I would prefer more freedom in my life over more elements of control, even if that means I may need to enact my freedom to belittle someone who is being racist, sexist, homophobic, or deliberately vile.

I like the commentary around "our club is for everyone" in the context of promoting social inclusion. Not sure it is a wise branding strategy, but that's neither here nor there. Perhaps it could have been less controlling and more positive by going further with the social inclusion idea. This Club is for everyone, you are welcome, we want you here, there is space, come and take it if you like.

boydogs
16-07-2015, 08:46 PM
It is explicitly broad and increases the scope of what might be determined as deviant behaviour

Which part?

I support the call from our captain, our coach, our players and our Club to give my very best at our games. That means I say no to all forms of abuse, or any other action that degrades, vilifies or belittles people. Everyone, even our opposition supporters, are entitled to come to the footy to enjoy it free from abuse. I will be loud, and I will be fair.

G-Mo77
16-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Havent't had a chance to look at this yet, just what is quoted above by boydogs. So I can't call Riewoldt a diving sook? Brent Harvey a scab? Etc etc.