PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Wallis extends for three years

Twodogs
21-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Great news.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-wallis-signs-new-three-year-contract-says-theres-new-found-belief-at-western-bulldogs/story-fnp04d70-1227451424933

AndrewP6
21-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Great to hear they're all getting on board.

1eyedog
22-07-2015, 12:15 AM
Crucial signing

Remi Moses
22-07-2015, 01:27 AM
How does that go about not being able to sign their young talent:D
Great news

merantau
22-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Great news. He has really stepped up this year to answer the call. A chip off the old block for sure.

LostDoggy
22-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Super news for the club and supporters.

azabob
22-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Twodogs, smashing out the thread count.

Mofra
22-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Great news - Tom Boyd deal haters just threw up a little (again)

Murphy'sLore
22-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Hooray. Been a big year for Mitch.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
22-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Is Talia due to re-sign this year?

bornadog
22-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Is Talia due to re-sign this year?

Talia and Grant will be out of contract at the end of the year.

Mofra
23-07-2015, 10:12 AM
I hope we keep both but let's be honest - we've already signed the core players we need to keep.
Next step is extending Bonti's contract again (expires end of 2016 I believe?)

Greystache
23-07-2015, 11:08 AM
I hope we keep both but let's be honest - we've already signed the core players we need to keep.

Agree. I think we've signed who we want and we can pick and choose who to keep/trade/delist from the rest once the season is finished.

Bonti's signed until the end of 2017, but I think we should be looking to add another 2 years to his current contract during next season.

whythelongface
23-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Great news. Mitch has really stepped up this year in the absence of Libba.

G-Mo77
23-07-2015, 01:05 PM

I did hear that Grant is in negotiations and they expect him to sign on.

whythelongface
23-07-2015, 01:28 PM
I did hear that Grant is in negotiations and they expect him to sign on.

Let's hope so. Great news if you are on the money.

Go_Dogs
23-07-2015, 07:14 PM

Do we give him a one year deal?

bornadog
23-07-2015, 11:15 PM
read the same thing

merantau
24-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Grant should be signed on a one year deal. He has been around a long time and is playing his best football for a long time but there are still areas he needs to improve (set shots, tackling, decision making) and a one year deal puts him on notice. If things don't work out he has shown enough over his career to be of interest to other clubs at trade time. Guess I'm becoming hard-nosed and cynical as time goes by but I'm desperate for us to win a flag and want us to dot every "i" and cross every "t" in the quest to achieve that goal.

Twodogs
24-07-2015, 09:26 AM

I see what you mean about the really important players being signed but we don't have too many true forwards on the list. Who's going to be the Stevie J/Ryan O' Keefe of this group? We have tall mids who can play forward for a while but not many who can play whole matches in attack.

I'd be signing Grant for two years. Don't forget Stevie J was a failed medical away from going to Collingwood in 2006.

Mofra
24-07-2015, 10:07 AM
I see what you mean about the really important players being signed but we don't have too many true forwards on the list. Who's going to be the Stevie J/Ryan O' Keefe of this group? We have tall mids who can play forward for a while but not many who can play whole matches in attack.
I think - by design - Redpath and that's about it.
The guys who are forwards and have goal sense - Stringer, Boyd, Grant, Dickson, Dahl - all play through the middle at times as Bevo seems to value flexibility in players.

If we do have anyone who plays only forward their time at the club may be limited. Grant is playing good football up the ground, ditto Dickson, and pre-season most of us would have pegged them as pure forwards (myself included)

Mantis
24-07-2015, 10:08 AM

There's this kid called Stringer who pundits think goes ok. ;)

Greystache
24-07-2015, 10:09 AM

I'd be signing Grant for two years. Don't forget Stevie J was a failed medical away from going to Collingwood in 2006.

He's kicked 6 goals for the season.

When Stevie J was Grant's age he'd played in 2 premierships, won a Norm Smith medal, and been multiple all Australian. Let's not compare Chris Judd with Brad Murphy.

boydogs
24-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Who's going to be the Stevie J/Ryan O' Keefe of this group?

Tory Dickson is a mid sized player who does his best work up forward, or Lachie Hunter if you're referring more to their bag of tricks

Twodogs
24-07-2015, 05:36 PM
He's kicked 6 goals for the season.

When Stevie J was Grant's age he'd played in 2 premierships, won a Norm Smith medal, and been multiple all Australian. Let's not compare Chris Judd with Brad Murphy.

Don't say things like that. It's depressing.

It's most depressing because it's true.

Twodogs
24-07-2015, 05:41 PM
I think - by design - Redpath and that's about it.
The guys who are forwards and have goal sense - Stringer, Boyd, Grant, Dickson, Dahl - all play through the middle at times as Bevo seems to value flexibility in players.

If we do have anyone who plays only forward their time at the club may be limited. Grant is playing good football up the ground, ditto Dickson, and pre-season most of us would have pegged them as pure forwards (myself included)

There's this kid called Stringer who pundits think goes ok. ;)

Tory Dickson is a mid sized player who does his best work up forward, or Lachie Hunter if you're referring more to their bag of tricks

OK. So about a dozen or so Stevie J types before we get to Grant then. We're pretty well set for them.

He's more of a Glen Jakovich type then. Who's going to be our Glen Jakovich?

boydogs
24-07-2015, 08:14 PM
He's more of a Glen Jakovich type then. Who's going to be our Glen Jakovich?

Talia. If we lose/trade Talia then I think we need to replace him with someone else. Grant not so much

Eastdog
24-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Great news!

jeemak
25-07-2015, 02:45 PM
I really like Mitch as a player, he has worked on his basic skills as hard as anyone else and now executes them all well. I still think we'll see him become more creative with his ball use, and if he can continue to contribute on the score board he'll be a vitally important part of our midfield.