PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 18 vs Essendon

Eastdog
25-07-2015, 06:40 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 18 match against Essendon at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
26-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Bump, Zaine Cordy a chance to debut?

bulldogtragic
26-07-2015, 04:52 PM

In my dreams.

Roughy, Hrovat, Robert & Hamling possibles.

bornadog
26-07-2015, 05:07 PM
How did he go yesterday

ReLoad
26-07-2015, 05:09 PM
How did he go yesterday

Was our best in a crap team display.

Go_Dogs
26-07-2015, 06:09 PM
In: Hamling, Boyd
Out: Talia, Dale

Hamling is hopefully right to go. Boyd to come in and play second ruck too.

Talia, I'm not prepared to write off and thought he'd had some tough match ups today with his opponents at various times having too much height, speed and agility but prefer Hamling at the moment. Dale unlucky but think Prudden has done enough to get another game.

Would be great if either Roughead or Roberts can come in, but I'm not sure either will be ready. Tough to decide who would miss, too.

azabob
26-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Safe to assume Macrae will get a fine at most?

Mantis
26-07-2015, 06:15 PM
How was Honeychurch yesterday? Think we need his F50 pressure, probably at Caleb's expense.

Rocco Jones
26-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I would have Roberts, Hamling and Roughy in our best 22. I wonder if they would risk playing all three coming off injury. I think it's less of a risk than playing Talia as a KP defender.

Go_Dogs
26-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Safe to assume Macrae will get a fine at most?

Based on the vision, for sure.

GVGjr
26-07-2015, 06:29 PM
How was Honeychurch yesterday? Think we need his F50 pressure, probably at Caleb's expense.

He was good, got a bit of the ball.

bornadog
26-07-2015, 06:29 PM
I would have Roberts, Hamling and Roughy in our best 22. I wonder if they would risk playing all three coming off injury. I think it's less of a risk than playing Talia as a KP defender.

Talia's lack of height was evident today as was Morris'

Mantis
26-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Talia's lack of height was evident today as was Morris'

Did Morris lose a 1 on 1 contest? I can't remember it happening.

bulldogtragic
26-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Do we go tall and try to get Hooker playing defence?

Roughy and Boyd could be the ones to play ruck, defence and forward with Campbell and Redders??

Rocco Jones
26-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Only one I can really think of against Grundy but that was a clear Collingwood break and the big was perfect for Grundy.

bornadog
26-07-2015, 06:37 PM

Yes he did, several times.

comrade
26-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Thought Morris was in our top couple on the ground.

The player who is most impacted by our lack of defensive talks is Easton Wood. Forced to man up and play taller, his intercept play was well down and he looked lost at times.

Roberts and Hamling back in will help him immensely. Hopefully we get at least one back this week.

GVGjr
26-07-2015, 06:53 PM
In my dreams.

Roughy, Hrovat, Robert & Hamling possibles.

Zaine probably played too well to earn a promotion ;)

bulldogtragic
26-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Zaine probably played too well to earn a promotion ;)

I can't wait for everyone else to lose their minds when we all realise how good Zaine is going to be. :D But if genuine KPDs are fit I'm not sure who we would drop unless Murphy goes back to his amazing form of 07 (was it) when he was AA CHF until his knee? Go Boyd FF and Bobby CHF with our others?

I hope to see him soon.

F'scary
26-07-2015, 07:07 PM
You would think Biggs and Hunter get another game next week. That was something right out of left field to have two fringe players right up the top of our best players list.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2015, 07:10 PM
You would think Biggs and Hunter get another game next week. That was something right out of left field to have two fringe players right up the top of our best players list.

For sure no doubt

azabob
Do we go tall and try to get Hooker playing defence?

Roughy and Boyd could be the ones to play ruck, defence and forward with Campbell and Redders??

Yes. I dont think we have anyone capable going with Hooker or Carlisle.

bulldogtragic
Cooney was named in the VFL bests. I wonder if he comes back in whether playing us is likely to impact him positive or negative.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2015, 07:13 PM
I still think Tom Boyd and big Jack can play in the same side

Jack is a better leading forward while Tom is a stay at home big marking forward and better second ruck too

Bulldog4life
26-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Yes. I dont think we have anyone capable going with Hooker or Carlisle.

Carlisle is injured

Mantis
26-07-2015, 07:22 PM
I still think Tom Boyd and big Jack can play in the same side

Jack is a better leading forward while Tom is a stay at home big marking forward and better second ruck too

You can.. But I feel our forward line functions better with just the one tall. Gives the likes of Stringer, Crameri and Dickson more room to work in.

josie
26-07-2015, 07:23 PM
I can't wait for everyone else to lose their minds when we all realise how good Zaine is going to be. :D But if genuine KPDs are fit I'm not sure who we would drop unless Murphy goes back to his amazing form of 07 (was it) when he was AA CHF until his knee? Go Boyd FF and Bobby CHF with our others?

I hope to see him soon.

I liked it when Murph played in forward line tonight and it would be sensational to have luxury of playing him there a bit more. Go Zaine Train !!

Not sure who has to make way, however if Hamling or Roberts or Roughy are fit perhaps one of them in for Talia as we need someone agile to play against Daniher. Maybe Zaine if none of those are fit - that would be brave of MC, but hey they've been brave all year and we are reaping the rewards so far.

Also thought Campbell tried his guts out & despite making quite a few errors would like to see him get another go - thought he got better as game went on. Chance he might be dropped for Roughy or Minson if fit.

Toyd might come in for Redpath, however again I thought Redpath tried his guts out today & would like to see him get another go (just gotta slot those goals though Big Red).

Bulldog4life
26-07-2015, 07:26 PM
I liked it when Murph played in forward line tonight and it would be sensational to have luxury of playing him there a bit more. Go Zaine Train !!

Not sure who has to make way, however if Hamling or Roberts or Roughy are fit perhaps one of them in for Talia as we need someone agile to play against Daniher. Maybe Zaine if none of those are fit - that would be brave of MC, but hey they've been brave all year and we are reaping the rewards so far.

Also thought Campbell tried his guts out & despite making quite a few errors would like to see him get another go - thought he got better as game went on. Chance he might be dropped for Roughy or Minson if fit.

Toyd might come in for Redpath, however again I thought Redpath tried his guts out today & would like to see him get another go (just gotta slot those goals though Big Red).

Jack seems to be more accurate within 30 metres from goal most times

anfo27
26-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Talia singled handedly got the pies back in it in that last quarter. The kid just doesn't back his own ability. Too often he is looking for his opponent instead of watching the footy and usually when he looks for his opponent he ends up holding him. Has to be banished to Footscray and hopefully not seen again in the seniors this season. Miles away from Roberts & Hamling.

G-Mo77
26-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Talia singled handedly got the pies back in it in that last quarter. The kid just doesn't back his own ability. Too often he is looking for his opponent instead of watching the footy and usually when he looks for his opponent he ends up holding him. Has to be banished to Footscray and hopefully not seen again in the seniors this season. Miles away from Roberts & Hamling.

Up until that horror stretch in the 4th I thought he did a reasonable job out there today. Yeah Roberts and Hamling are ahead of him but to say banished to Footscray is a harsh and unfair call for someone who is still learning his trade. At the start of the season most were saying he needs to be re-signed ASAP, he was doing well. Like all young players it's a roller coaster ride with ups and downs.

anfo27
26-07-2015, 09:09 PM
I don't think it's harsh. He was clearly a liability today and worst player on the ground. I certainly wasn't one of the posters calling for him to be signed up and i don't think he was doing well either, i'd rather call his form as just ok. The kid has zero composure with the footy in hand as well. I hope to god we are not in a position again this season where Roughead, Hamling & Roberts are all out and we have to play Talia.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2015, 09:23 PM
I think Talia would gain from some coaching from Moz as to how to combat bigger players without giving frees away
This is his biggest concern
I have not lost all faith in him

Doc26
26-07-2015, 09:56 PM
With the exception of a goal in the last, Bailey struggled to have an impact for the most part. Would like to bring Hrovat in for him. Similarly, and as others have mentioned, we have others ahead of where Michael Talia is at. Hopefully Roberts or Roughead are available for selection this week. I liked Prudden's game today but he may be vulnerable given the availability of others.

It's a tough yet handy position to be in where there are many that could come in this week, but the tough question is for who. Any or all of Tom Boyd, Roughead, Roberts, Hamling, Minno, Hrovat, Honeychurch, Jong and Webb would all be legitimate inclusions.

A winning performance against a finals contender in Collingwod today would limit the number of changes that we're likely to make.

In: Roughead, Roberts, Hrovat
Out: Dale, Talia, Prudden

Rocco Jones
26-07-2015, 10:15 PM
People had given up on Lachie Hunter 2 weeks ago. At the moment Talia should only be a break glass only in emergency type selection but I am not a fan of the harsh words like 'banishing' him etc. His main issue is confidence. Under Beveridge (any good coach), going to the VFL seems less punitive and more about developing aspects of your game. I don't think his attitude stinks. As long as he wants to stay, we just have to be patient. He is what? 22 years old? A baby in KPD age.

kruder
26-07-2015, 10:24 PM

I think Caleb brings a better all round game than Honey. Honey hasn't fired a shot since the first few rounds VFL included.

kruder
26-07-2015, 10:28 PM
Up until that horror stretch in the 4th I thought he did a reasonable job out there today. Yeah Roberts and Hamling are ahead of him but to say banished to Footscray is a harsh and unfair call for someone who is still learning his trade. At the start of the season most were saying he needs to be re-signed ASAP, he was doing well. Like all young players it's a roller coaster ride with ups and downs.

i thought he was awful. But for some reason I'm prone to the idea of backing him in this week. I'm not sure dropping him back to the VFL again is the answer.

Rocco Jones
26-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Ideally for me

In- 2 of Roberts/Hamling/Roughy, maybe Honeychurch
Out- Talia, Dale, maybe Prudden (harsh coming off a better game but may get lost in defensive shuffle)

It will be interesting if all 3 defenders are ready.

Rocco Jones
26-07-2015, 10:30 PM
i thought he was awful. But for some reason I'm prone to the idea of backing him in this week. I'm not sure dropping him back to the VFL again is the answer.

Not sure it's so much dropping him when we have up to 3 key defenders coming back. He is a back up/developing KP defender.

The Underdog
26-07-2015, 10:31 PM
I think Talia would gain from some coaching from Moz as to how to combat bigger players without giving frees away
This is his biggest concern
I have not lost all faith in him

Talia needs to be much stronger in the air. The amount of times he flies and doesn't impact the contest is a big weakness.

Rocco Jones
26-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Talia needs to be much stronger in the air. The amount of times he flies and doesn't impact the contest is a big weakness.

Deer in headlights.

Smads57
26-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Having watched the VFL game live yesterday, I'd only consider Hrovat for promotion. Although Zaine played well, Bevo mentioned in his presser that he expects Hamling and Fletch to be right to go next week. I'd keep Roughy out for another week so he can get his back right for the run home.

In Hamling, Fletch
Out Dale, Grant

The Underdog
26-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Having watched the VFL game live yesterday, I'd only consider Hrovat for promotion. Although Zaine played well, Bevo mentioned in his presser that he expects Hamling and Fletch to be right to go next week. I'd keep Roughy out for another week so he can get his back right for the run home.

In Hamling, Fletch
Out Dale, Grant

I'd like to see Grant dropped but mainly just to see what level of postal BT gets to.

I agree but think it should be Dale and Talia out. Could possibly see Hrovat for Daniel too.

bulldogtragic
27-07-2015, 12:25 AM
I'd like to see Grant dropped but mainly just to see what level of postal BT gets to.

I agree but think it should be Dale and Talia out. Could possibly see Hrovat for Daniel too.

Think Michael Douglas in Falling Down. To begin with. I don't want Hrovat, I want Grant.

D-Fens!!

ReLoad
27-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Hooker for the bumbers is totally on fire, he is marking anything that comes in his direction at the minute, and likewise Daniher has his tail up too. We are going to need to bring in at least one of Roberts, Roughy and Hamling if we are to compete, Ideally 2 of these guys.

Wood was totally ineffectual given he was minding a player on the weekend, which we cannot afford against essendoom.

The Bombers are actually not playing bad footy and have pretty much a full squad (minus the son of a weatherman).

Calls to bring back Hrovat are interesting, he hasn't set the world on fire at all, in saying that Dale and to a lesser extent Prudden haven't been wild either (I was happy with Prudden on the weekend though)

Finally there is no way Grant should be the sub. if anything have him run his guts out for 3/4 then sub him off, we know he is good at covering ground.

Mantis
27-07-2015, 09:51 AM

In Hamling, Fletch
Out Dale, Grant

We aren't going to play Roberts, Hamling and Talia in the same team.

G-Mo77
27-07-2015, 09:52 AM
We aren't going to play Roberts, Hamling and Talia in the same team.

Roughy, Roberts, Hamling were all said to be right to go.

1eyedog
27-07-2015, 10:01 AM
I don't think it's harsh. He was clearly a liability today and worst player on the ground. I certainly wasn't one of the posters calling for him to be signed up and i don't think he was doing well either, i'd rather call his form as just ok. The kid has zero composure with the footy in hand as well. I hope to god we are not in a position again this season where Roughead, Hamling & Roberts are all out and we have to play Talia.

I think Talia's performance yesterday was due in part to the context in which the game was played. It was a high-energy frenetic game, something we haven't seen since the very early rounds and a game style we really haven't tested Roberts or Hamling in. The games Roberts and Hamling have played for us have been failry static in comparison. How would they have stood up with super-fast ball movement into the F50 playing on guys 10cm taller than them? Pretty much the same as Talia did yesterday I reckon.

It was a game which saw the back half under the pump all day, with very little let up. I agree that Morris excelled, but he's a very good 200 game player. Wood struggled and so did Talia, but so did Frost and Brown down the other end. It's just the way the game was played. I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water because I saw enough of Talia against GCS to believe that there may be something to work with, potentially at both ends of the ground.

bornadog
27-07-2015, 10:13 AM

Pretty sure Bevo said Roberts and Hamling will be right over the next fortnight.

kruder
27-07-2015, 07:06 PM

The question is would we bring all 3 back in the one week after injury? I doubt it.

JohnGentStand
27-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Ins: Fletch,
Outs: Prudden
A bit of extra height will be needed down back

I would also consider Boyd in for Dale but not too fussed.

anfo27
27-07-2015, 09:30 PM
I think Talia's performance yesterday was due in part to the context in which the game was played. It was a high-energy frenetic game, something we haven't seen since the very early rounds and a game style we really haven't tested Roberts or Hamling in. The games Roberts and Hamling have played for us have been failry static in comparison. How would they have stood up with super-fast ball movement into the F50 playing on guys 10cm taller than them? Pretty much the same as Talia did yesterday I reckon.

It was a game which saw the back half under the pump all day, with very little let up. I agree that Morris excelled, but he's a very good 200 game player. Wood struggled and so did Talia, but so did Frost and Brown down the other end. It's just the way the game was played. I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water because I saw enough of Talia against GCS to believe that there may be something to work with, potentially at both ends of the ground.

In the 3 contests that stand out to me and which cost us a goal on each occasion, i have no doubt Hamling & Roberts would have done a lot better. I haven't seen anything from Talia to suggest we have a 100 game player on our hands so i'm not sure what you have seen in GCS game. You need players on your list that are just depth players and thats all Talia is. I'm happy to be proven wrong but as long as he proves me wrong in the tri colours but i'm pretty confident that won't happen.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-07-2015, 03:55 AM
Dale isn't ready just yet. As Mantis said last week, he is excellent when he gets the ball but at this stage he's caught in between VFL/AFL in that he can't quite get enough of it at senior level. However, the future is really bright for him - he's going to be a good damaging player. Great goal under pressure late.

Talia as mentioned will make way for one of our key defenders.

IN: Roberts, Hamling
OUT: Talia, Dale

* Could see sense in Hrovat for Daniel. I'd give Roughead another week off - he isn't needed down back or in the ruck given Essendon have no quality rucks and Daniher/Hurley are more suited to Roberts/Hamling. I don't think he's had a good year, either.

1eyedog
28-07-2015, 10:58 AM
In the 3 contests that stand out to me and which cost us a goal on each occasion, i have no doubt Hamling & Roberts would have done a lot better. I haven't seen anything from Talia to suggest we have a 100 game player on our hands so i'm not sure what you have seen in GCS game. You need players on your list that are just depth players and thats all Talia is. I'm happy to be proven wrong but as long as he proves me wrong in the tri colours but i'm pretty confident that won't happen.

Fair enough. Will be interesting to see how Roberts and Hamling stand up when the heat is really on, but as I said I haven't seen them under the sort of pressure every player on the ground was under on Sunday. Looking forward to it and looking forward to them proving you right.

F'scary
29-07-2015, 11:24 PM
The Bombres started the season ok. But their recent form has not been good, they have won only 1 of their last 8. Most of their losses have been by convincing margins.

Big Joe Daniher is a threat up forward, he has 31 goals so far this season. Hooker (196cm, 97kg) has been doing well as a marking forward in recent games. Goddard, Stanton and Heppell pick up heaps of possessions every game.

The Bumbers seem to get about as many possessions as their opponents but don't get a lot of goals on average (they average 10 a game, we average nearly 13). They appear therefore to be somewhat inefficient users of the ball. In terms of team/opponent averages differences, they are also amongst the worst teams in the comp at winning the clearances, they get less contested possessions and have less inside 50's than their opponents.

While their attendances over the season are 45,000 on average, in recent weeks there has been a marked decline. Also, if they are behind at half time by more than a goal, half of their supporters leave. When they are losing, their supporters blame the other team for being on performance enhancing drugs.

Greystache
30-07-2015, 12:09 AM
Roughead looks an ideal match up for Daniher, both very tall, attack the ball at its highest point, and neither great aerobically. Likewise Roberts is ideal for Hooker, neither quick, both smart and read the play well, and a good mark vs a good spoiler. Talia doesn't appear a good match for either.

Do we take the risk and bring them both back this week?

lemmon
30-07-2015, 12:37 AM
I dont disagree Grey but that is probably the same logic used for Roughy v Carlisle last year

Twodogs
30-07-2015, 02:26 AM
I dont disagree Grey but that is probably the same logic used for Roughy v Carlisle last year

It's that sort of thing that can get overlooked with a new coach. Same assistants though so it will probably be pointed out. Unless Roughead on Carlisle was their idea.

Mantis
30-07-2015, 08:48 AM

Roughy couldn't lift his arm above his head last year due to his bung shoulder... He shouldn't have been playing.

bornadog
30-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Roughead looks an ideal match up for Daniher, both very tall, attack the ball at its highest point, and neither great aerobically. Likewise Roberts is ideal for Hooker, neither quick, both smart and read the play well, and a good mark vs a good spoiler. Talia doesn't appear a good match for either.

Do we take the risk and bring them both back this week?

Heard Roberts may not be ready to come back.

Flamethrower
30-07-2015, 09:41 AM
For the Dons, Carlisle and Myers are ready to go, but Hurley is in doubt with a knee injury.

Possible match ups are Hooker or Hurley on Redpath and Gwilt on Stringer for them. Adding Tommy Boyd could really stretch them.

For us we need to cover Daniher and either Carlisle or Hooker (or all 3 if they try to stretch us) in their forward line. We really need at least one of Hamling, Roughead or Roberts to give Morris, Wood and Talia a chop out.....Essendon's tall forwards are far more talented than Collingwood's, and they kicked 9 goals between them last week.

bornadog
30-07-2015, 09:47 AM
For the Dons, Carlisle and Myers are ready to go, but Hurley is in doubt with a knee injury.

Possible match ups are Hooker or Hurley on Redpath and Gwilt on Stringer for them. Adding Tommy Boyd could really stretch them.

For us we need to cover Daniher and either Carlisle or Hooker (or all 3 if they try to stretch us) in their forward line. We really need at least one of Hamling, Roughead or Roberts to give Morris, Wood and Talia a chop out.....Essendon's tall forwards are far more talented than Collingwood's, and they kicked 9 goals between them last week.

Is Carlisle ready to come back?

westdog54
30-07-2015, 10:11 AM

Please let it be so...

I can't see Hooker playing back for them. They'll want to try and expose us down back.

Mofra
30-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Please let it be so...

I can't see Hooker playing back for them. They'll want to try and expose us down back.
If they do we could end up with a shootout like last week. I think our ball movement is better than Essendon's so that could actually suit us - we do set up well off the HB line in those rare games players are afforded time and space

westdog54
30-07-2015, 11:03 AM
If they do we could end up with a shootout like last week. I think our ball movement is better than Essendon's so that could actually suit us - we do set up well off the HB line in those rare games players are afforded time and space

Agree.

One of Stringer or Dickson (Here's hoping both) could run riot in this game. I can see Redpath, Stringer, Dickson and Dahlhaus combining for 12+ goals, plus whatever the midfield contributes.

Happy Days
30-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Who played on Stringer last time? Fanfooty is telling me Hurley but I don't think that's right.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Is Carlisle ready to come back?

thought he was still 2 weeks away

dog town
30-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Who played on Stringer last time? Fanfooty is telling me Hurley but I don't think that's right. Think he had a mixture of opponents but Fletcher was definitely on him for a bit. Teams definitely going smaller more often on him now willing to concede the risk of a mark or two.

Axe Man
30-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Think he had a mixture of opponents but Fletcher was definitely on him for a bit. Teams definitely going smaller more often on him now willing to concede the risk of a mark or two.

I would also go that way if I was an opposition coach. Stringer is far less dangerous taking a mark and having a set shot than he is on the run where he is near unstoppable. I hope somebody can fix his set shot goal kicking, for someone of his skill level it is deplorable.

Doc26
30-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Who played on Stringer last time? Fanfooty is telling me Hurley but I don't think that's right.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Hurley matching up on Crameri. He backs himself against him and from what I've seen he does seem to have his measure. Big test for Stewie if it does goes this way again.

Mofra
30-07-2015, 01:36 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Hurley matching up on Crameri. He backs himself against him and from what I've seen he does seem to have his measure. Big test for Stewie if it does goes this way again.
Crameri will rotate through the middle though - happy if Hurley gets dragged out of his comfort zone

always right
30-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Hurley is the bomber's linch pin in defence and I think he's almost certain to pick up Crameri again having dominated him previously. Crameri may need to play a sacrificial role this weekend dragging Hurley away from our other forwards such as Redpath and Stringer. The knock-on effect might be that Essendon are forced to push Hooker back again, robbing them of some forward marking power.

Reckon we have to bring in Roughy to play on Daniher and Roberts is probably the right match-up for Hooker. Talia and Prudden to make way.

One other change for mine....bring Hrovat in for Dale. Hrovat's been in great form with Footscray and probably gives us more at senior level than Dale currently does.

bornadog
30-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Hurley is the bomber's linch pin in defence and I think he's almost certain to pick up Crameri again having dominated him previously. Crameri may need to play a sacrificial role this weekend dragging Hurley away from our other forwards such as Redpath and Stringer. The knock-on effect might be that Essendon are forced to push Hooker back again, robbing them of some forward marking power.

Reckon we have to bring in Roughy to play on Daniher and Roberts is probably the right match-up for Hooker. Talia and Prudden to make way.

One other change for mine....bring Hrovat in for Dale. Hrovat's been in great form with Footscray and probably gives us more at senior level than Dale currently does.

Roughy and Roberts still doubtful, I hope they can get up.

always right
30-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Roughy and Roberts still doubtful, I hope they can get up.

If that's the case you'd think we wouldn't risk both. Roughy is the major one we need. Perhaps Talia gets another chance.

bornadog
30-07-2015, 02:38 PM
If that's the case you'd think we wouldn't risk both. Roughy is the major one we need. Perhaps Talia gets another chance.
May have to go Talia and Hamling?

Ozza
30-07-2015, 03:07 PM

Definitely Fletcher, as the footy shows during the week following highlighted how Fletcher might have been struggling and showed the young upstart in number 9 leading fletch to the ball and kicking 5 on him!

bornadog
30-07-2015, 03:38 PM
Definitely Fletcher, as the footy shows during the week following highlighted how Fletcher might have been struggling and showed the young upstart in number 9 leading fletch to the ball and kicking 5 on him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=023z9re8CK8

westdog54
30-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Man that third goal is a thing of beauty.

Doc26
30-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Bit of a nothing stat from our previous encounter with them but of our 8 goal scorers from the 14 goals we kicked, 7 of our guys are likely to be playing, make that all 8 if Hrovat (x 1 goal) is selected. Essendon's 15 goals scored in this match came from 7 unique goal scorers, with only one of them, Ambrose (x 1 goal) likely to play this week.

Their two standout players in this match Carlisle (8 goals) and Ryder will not be out there, nor will their Captain, Watson.

Sure make ups change year on year but we really need to put the foot down against this rabble and stamp ourselves.

Axe Man
30-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Bit of a nothing stat from our previous encounter with them but of our 8 goal scorers from the 14 goals we kicked, 7 of our guys are likely to be playing, make that all 8 if Hrovat (x 1 goal) is selected. Essendon's 15 goals scored in this match came from 7 unique goal scorers, with only one of them, Ambrose (x 1 goal) likely to play this week.

Their two standout players in this match Carlisle (8 goals) and Ryder will not be out there, nor will their Captain, Watson.

Sure make ups change year on year but we really need to put the foot down against this rabble and stamp ourselves.

It's been reported that Carlisle will be back this week. We will find out in a couple of hours if he's named.

bornadog
30-07-2015, 05:49 PM
It's been reported that Carlisle will be back this week. We will find out in a couple of hours if he's named.

I wonder if he will come straight back in?

always right
30-07-2015, 06:00 PM
May have to go Talia and Hamling?

Going to the East West annual dinner tonight. Hamling is attending so hopefully he is named.

Doc26
30-07-2015, 06:41 PM

I wonder if he will come straight back in?

I heard earlier in the week, from Hird I believe, that if he was right that he would come back through the VFL. Maybe there's been a change in thinking ?

Hotdog60
30-07-2015, 07:26 PM
In: Tom Boyd, Sam Darley, Lin Jong

Doc26
30-07-2015, 07:27 PM

You're spot on. Carlisle back in.

comrade
30-07-2015, 07:35 PM
No Hamling, Roberts or Roughy?

Geez, we're light on again.

azabob
30-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Yep. I'd be hesitant to being Roberts or Hamling straight back in. Hamling is coming back through the VFL.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-07-2015, 07:38 PM

Concerning. What's wrong with these 3 guys? None were meant to be long injuries but the first two especially have missed a bit of footy now.

Essendon have named one of their strongest sides for the year. This could be a struggle, especially if they have Carlisle/Hooker/Daniher up forward. We almost need to play Boyd to (hopefully) force them to play Carlisle or Hooker down back.

comrade
30-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Hamling playing VFL.

Doc26
30-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Concerning. What's wrong with these 3 guys? None were meant to be long injuries but the first two especially have missed a bit of footy now.

Essendon have named one of their strongest sides for the year. This could be a struggle, especially if they have Carlisle/Hooker/Daniher up forward. We almost need to play Boyd to (hopefully) force them to play Carlisle or Hooker down back.

Maybe we're just backing in the likes of Talia, and Dale or Prudden for another week and set ourselves up for the longer game come September. There's going to be some tired young bodies come August. Might be a master stroke in man mangement IF it pays off.

Mantis
30-07-2015, 08:02 PM

Yep, we got away with it last week.. 2nd time lucky?

The Underdog
30-07-2015, 08:02 PM

I'd almost prefer them to park T. Boyd 30m out from Essendon's goal. At least we'd have someone near the height of Daniher, Hooker and Carlisle.

comrade
30-07-2015, 08:08 PM
We're sacrificing Wood's intercept skills by going so short which is a real shame. His marking is an attacking weapon, especially in an open game which I think this will be.

Morris needs to have another blinder.

LostDoggy
30-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Redders going back,gives more open space forward for Toyd and our Swarming crumbers at his feet to ravage their backs.

jazzadogs
30-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Does it matter if Daniher, Carlisle and Booker each get a couple of goals? Our team defence has been brilliant this year, generally stopping opposition attacks before they get a chance to kick it to the talls. We then rebound and score our own goals.

Campbell should beat Giles in the ruck, we should beat them in the middle and then our forwards just need to make the most of their opportunities.

Rocco Jones
30-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Yep, we got away with it last week.. 2nd time lucky?

Daniher, Hooker and/or Carislie
vs
White, Moore and Grundy

comrade
30-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Does it matter if Daniher, Carlisle and Booker each get a couple of goals? Our team defence has been brilliant this year, generally stopping opposition attacks before they get a chance to kick it to the talls. We then rebound and score our own goals.

Campbell should beat Giles in the ruck, we should beat them in the middle and then our forwards just need to make the most of their opportunities.

Yep, certainly need to win the midfielder battle.

I think Giles v Campbell is a decent match up for Essendon. Both similar types.

I hope Picko goes head to head with Coons and smashes him.

Remi Moses
30-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Must admit I'm a tad worried .
We got away with it last week, although We had a greenhorn give us a touch up .

comrade
30-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Darley in the squad is another surprise. IMO, Hrovat and Webb are definitely in front of him as next in line based on form and talent.

Rocco Jones
30-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Darley in the squad is another surprise. IMO, Hrovat and Webb are definitely in front of him as next in line based on form and talent.

Not sure about Hrovat short term. Has had two games back from injury. Didn't do much game one and while he got a bit of it and was one of our bests vs Coburg, I wasn't overly impressed with how he would fit in our side.

Rocco Jones
30-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, really like Hrovat long term.

comrade
30-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Not sure about Hrovat short term. Has had two games back from injury. Didn't do much game one and while he got a bit of it and was one of our bests vs Coburg, I wasn't overly impressed with how he would fit in our side.

But compared to Darley?

Rocco Jones
30-07-2015, 10:19 PM
But compared to Darley?

Oh yes, sorry. Compared to a guy I already have delisted, he is awesome.

Rocco Jones
30-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I think Beveridge is so development focus he will just play guys in the VFL if it's better for their development, even if our AFL team that week.

Hrovat and Honeychurch are coming back from injury and gaining form and momentum in the VFL. Hamling has had a few games at AFL level but probably best for him to return via the VFL, not being thrown back to the wolves etc.

boydogs
30-07-2015, 10:27 PM
We're sacrificing Wood's intercept skills by going so short which is a real shame. His marking is an attacking weapon, especially in an open game which I think this will be.

Morris needs to have another blinder.

Heard that a few times re. Wood, yet Morris played tall too and was marking everything. Maybe Wood just had a bad game

bornadog
30-07-2015, 10:46 PM
From the bench I see only one change.

In - TBoyd and Out - Dale

I am surprised Jong has been named and Prudden may be dropped for Darley. Prudden actually played well last week, so I think he would be stiff

Rocco Jones
30-07-2015, 10:51 PM
From the bench I see only one change.

In - TBoyd and Out - Dale

I am surprised Jong has been named and Prudden may be dropped for Darley. Prudden actually played well last week, so I think he would be stiff

Agreed. Jong for mine looks unable to comfortably get through a VFL game, let alone an AFL one. Seems constantly sore.

Beveridge selections are fascinating. I had Prudden dropped every week, I bet the one week I have him as an in, he is an out.

always right
31-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Beveridge has made all of us look silly with our criticisms of his team selection at various times this year but I have to say I'm perplexed at this week's selections. Perhaps he simply doesn't have enough confidence in the fitness of Roughy, Hamling and Roberts but we are so light on for height in the backline it's ridiculous.

Daniher, Hooker and Carlisle versus Morris, Talia and Wood.......wow.

G-Mo77
31-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Yeah real worry alwaysright. I was confident before selections, now not so much. Fortunately none of those forwards are reliable in front of goal. I watched Hooker over the last couple of weeks. He's got a real unorthodox approach as a forward. He's the one I'm most concerned about.

1eyedog
31-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Beveridge has made all of us look silly with our criticisms of his team selection at various times this year but I have to say I'm perplexed at this week's selections. Perhaps he simply doesn't have enough confidence in the fitness of Roughy, Hamling and Roberts but we are so light on for height in the backline it's ridiculous.

Daniher, Hooker and Carlisle versus Morris, Talia and Wood.......wow.

Hang on that only leaves Hurley back for them. So going on your logic they have Hurley, Bagley, Hibberd vs Boyd, Redpath, Stringer. They would be just as undersized. Hooker will have to play back on Redpath, Carlisle on Boyd and Hurley on Stringer. Talia on Daniher with Wood third man up. Laverde's barely 6'3 so Wood or Morris can go to him.

Going by this it is clear the match will be won in the midfield, plus we have way, way, way better small forwards.

jeemak
31-07-2015, 12:35 AM
If our team defence is up and we force Bombres to kick laterally as they're prone to doing all day then we'll be able to congest their forward line enough to double and tripple team any high ball target of theirs.

If our team defence is lacking we're severely exposed.

This is probably one game I don't want to see as open as the game against Collingwood as getting the better of tall forwards with medium sized defenders two weeks in a row is a tough ask.

As it stands, if Hamling, Roberts and Roughead aren't as fit as they need to be then so be it, they miss out and we make do with what we've got and we adjust.

The Underdog
31-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Hang on that only leaves Hurley back for them. So going on your logic they have Hurley, Bagley, Hibberd vs Boyd, Redpath, Stringer. They would be just as undersized. Hooker will have to play back on Redpath, Carlisle on Boyd and Hurley on Stringer. Talia on Daniher with Wood third man up. Laverde's barely 6'3 so Wood or Morris can go to him.

Going by this it is clear the match will be won in the midfield, plus we have way, way, way better small forwards.

I'd imagine Carlisle starts back but they have guys we'll struggle to defend if the game is played as it was last week. As great as Dale Morris is, he's going to struggle against guys that size with good delivery. On exposed form Talia will struggle in the air against them full stop. It's a shame we're as depleted as we are in that area as we've got them covered elsewhere.

Ozza
31-07-2015, 09:09 AM

Darley was the carry over last week. We've brought that player into the senior team the following week a few times. Wouldn't be surprised if Sam got a crack this week.

ReLoad
31-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Hooker will play CHF and Daniher will play at FF. Carlisle will swing between attack and defense quite a bit, depending on who is on top of the middle. They will get their turn out of the middle, so its when the tide is against us and they load with talls that we will be most exposed.

Hooker is marking anything that comes his way at the minute, currently the best mark int he AFL by a fair bit, and he is running and covering a lot of ground, very difficult to match up against. the trick is to body Daniher around, i would have thought we needed roughy back to be at optimal height levels.

The real key for us is the smalls, we need to blanket out a couple of their smalls and restrict them down to 12 goal scoreline.

it will also be nice to see Carlisle playing with his future team mates. ;)

JohnGentStand
31-07-2015, 10:55 AM
We don't know if Big Boyd will even be in the final squad... it seems a must but the way Bevo goes is unpredictable. Expect Dale to miss out.
Darley would be a show just so he can have a look at his prospects for 2016.
I wont begrudge Cooney a good game. He was great for us, we got a fair trade for him and he wouldn't have too many more good ones left in him.

Cyberdoggie
31-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Darley was the carry over last week. We've brought that player into the senior team the following week a few times. Wouldn't be surprised if Sam got a crack this week.

You are right he usually does reward a player when named, whether it be as sub or if they are on the fringes, and when they get their chance he gives them a good go, usually 3 games at least.

I think Dale is the one that probably could go out but not sure there is room for another HBF'er unless Prudden is out.
I think Prudden deserves another game, he's been improved each game and was quite good last week.

I don't think Boyd will find a spot unless there are surprise injuries we aren't aware of.

bornadog
31-07-2015, 12:55 PM
You are right he usually does reward a player when named, whether it be as sub or if they are on the fringes, and when they get their chance he gives them a good go, usually 3 games at least.

I think Dale is the one that probably could go out but not sure there is room for another HBF'er unless Prudden is out.
I think Prudden deserves another game, he's been improved each game and was quite good last week.

I don't think Boyd will find a spot unless there are surprise injuries we aren't aware of.

Surely Boyd has to come in, we were really well down on one tall last week, (I know in defense) and Redpath struggled going into the ruck.

Axe Man
31-07-2015, 01:03 PM

New game plan - we play 5 half back flankers and run the ball down the ground in a flying V, Mighty Ducks style!

Sedat
31-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Their youth policy was pretty short-lived - only lasted 2 weeks. Very strange for a team who are out of contention and who have an old list.

Ghost Dog
31-07-2015, 02:13 PM
It seemed to work for us going in small V the pies. We can have claims on having the best mosquito fleet in the AFL.

Dry Rot
31-07-2015, 03:13 PM
1:39pm: TOP DON OUT

Essendon's Michael Hurley has withdrawn from Essendon's team for Sunday's match v Western Bulldogs. Tayte Pears has been brought into their squad of 25. Will Pears be named for his first senior game since 2013? Check back at 5pm when squads are finalised.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-31/late-mail-live-round-18

G-Mo77
31-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Huge out for them but I suppose Carslisle or Hooker drops back there now.

Ozza
31-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Great result that Hurley is out. He is their best tall player imo.

Happy Days
31-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Great result that Hurley is out. He is their best tall player imo.

Just straight up best. This is huge for us.

Ozza
31-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Just straight up best. This is huge for us.

Yep - rarely beaten. I can't actually think of a time when Hurley has been beaten by his opponent this year. There may have some games where the team gets belted and weight of numbers gets him in the end - but on his merits, Hurley wins his position on most occasions.

I hope we play Boyd. This might mean Hooker has to go back. Hooker is so good in the air that Boyd would struggle to get much of the footy himself, but we all know Boyd generally brings the footy to ground/isn't outmarked in a contest which is what we need.

always right
31-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Crameri just got a little more excited about this week's game.

Ghost Dog
31-07-2015, 05:24 PM
How have Essendon players treated Crameri in the past?

bornadog
31-07-2015, 05:29 PM
How have Essendon players treated Crameri in the past?

I think ok, but he hasn't fired a shot and played his worse football.

jazzadogs
31-07-2015, 05:36 PM
I wonder if Pears will play. Similar to how we are saying that Essendon could beat us with their height, I would be concerned if I was a Bombers fan that we will beat them with our speed and skill on the ground (not that our guys are quick, but they're quicker than Pears/Daniher/Hooker/Carlisle/Giles etc).

ReLoad
31-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Well, if TC doesn't smash Giles ill be really disappointed. We should have plenty of run, especially out of the backline, the trick is we need to kick enough goals, they will score at least 14.

bornadog
31-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Final Team

No Changes, emergencies same as last week

Essendon:

Cooney, Giles, Melksham, Carlilse in for Howlett, Hurley, McKernan, Edwards.

Rocco Jones
31-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Hurley a massive out for sure. Really helps us out indirectly with our tall defender issues. They will need to have at least one key defender meaning they can't play all of Carislie, Hooker and Daniher forward.

Interesting to see us go with Dale ahead of Tom Boyd. I personally feel as if Tom can offer us a bit more with match ups, maybe force them to send another key defender back etc but can also see the other side. Our forward line did function well without him last week. Stringer and Crameri can expose Steinberg and Gwilt.

F'scary
31-07-2015, 07:43 PM
We can still play Tom Boyd, now that we know Hurley is out. Ooops....shhhhhh....

Sedat
31-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I wonder if Pears will play.
If he does, I can feel an update to the Ekers thread coming on.

Rocco Jones
31-07-2015, 08:01 PM
No disrespect intended, I do hope they play Pears. The best thing the opposition can do when you're struggling for talls, is play additional ordinary talls. It allows you to expose them back.

GVGjr
31-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Whilst I half expected it I still find it hard to believe we didn't make a couple of changes.

bornadog
31-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Whilst I half expected it I still find it hard to believe we didn't make a couple of changes.
First time this season there have been no changes.

Nuggety Back Pocket
01-08-2015, 12:01 AM

A bold move to stay with the same team. A decision made easier with Hamling Roberts Roughead and Stevens out injured. If you add McLean then we are probably 5 players short of our best team. We are beginning to develop some real depth which is a good sign.

Rocket Science
01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
A bold move to stay with the same team. A decision made easier with Hamling Roberts Roughead and Stevens out injured. If you add McLean then we are probably 5 players short of our best team. We are beginning to develop some real depth which is a good sign.

Liberatore Jnr says heya!

Toyd says hmmph.

Agreed, lovely problem to have.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-08-2015, 01:56 AM
We keep backing the kids in don't we?

Dale did end up with 14 possessions and a key goal, one of his better performances statistically. Still I find it intriguing that Hrovat can't dislodge him or Daniel. No Hamling/Roberts/Roughead/Stevens/Libba/McLean does hurt and ties our hands a little, I wonder if Essendon will decide to risk it by playing somebody like Gwilt on Redpath and having a trio of Carlisle/Daniher/Hooker up forward? Gwilt/Steinberg v Redpath/Crameri or Stringer would be nice though..

Remi Moses
01-08-2015, 02:24 AM
Redpath should be able to eat Gwilt .
I'd say Carlisle would play back with Hurley out

always right
01-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Nervous about this game but also looking forward to seeing what Beveridge will do tactically to cover for our lack of height. It's one of the key differences between our last two coaches........one seemed to think we could overcome teams by congesting the game and try and choke them to death.....the other tries to find a way of getting the game on our terms, backing our strengths against the opposition. I know which one I prefer.

BornInDroopSt'54
01-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Nervous about this game but also looking forward to seeing what Beveridge will do tactically to cover for our lack of height. It's one of the key differences between our last two coaches........one seemed to think we could overcome teams by congesting the game and try and choke them to death.....the other tries to find a way of getting the game on our terms, backing our strengths against the opposition. I know which one I prefer.

Men of Mayhem coming up.

azabob
01-08-2015, 11:20 AM
We keep backing the kids in don't we?

Dale did end up with 14 possessions and a key goal, one of his better performances statistically. .

From the naked eye and not looking at stats, I think Dale is more damaging with his touches than Hrovat.

I think we will be light on in defence for a few more weeks yet.

I am happy to see Hamling come back through the VFL and I expect Roberts to also come back through the VFL. Mainly because it is unknown how they will both play first up when returning from injury.

Rocco Jones
01-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Redpath should be able to eat Gwilt .
I'd say Carlisle would play back with Hurley out

I think Gwilt will get Stringer.

F'scary
01-08-2015, 01:21 PM

Package time!

F'scary
01-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Men of Mayhem coming up.

Bombres have better talls than Coll did last week but the Bombres midfield is inferior. If we play like we did last week, the ball won't be in the Esserdon forward 50 often enough for them to kick a winning score. They only average 10 goals a match, anyway. We average nearly 13.

hujsh
01-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Think or hope? :D

kruder
01-08-2015, 01:34 PM
I reckon the boys will have the game last year in the back of their minds. We absolutely should have won that game and it was the start of the downward spiral. A touch of redemption in it for mind add that too a potential finals berth I just think we have too much to play for when the heat goes on.

Massive game for Talia. Fingers crossed he can have a good one as last week was one of the poorer performances we have seen in a bulldogs jumper this year.

Rocco Jones
01-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Massive game for Talia. Fingers crossed he can have a good one as last week was one of the poorer performances we have seen in a bulldogs jumper this year.

His first half against the Suns while playing down back was even worse. Don't get me wrong, I am very patient with Talia, just share your concerns short term.

Rocco Jones
01-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Just watched interview with Beveridge re: injuries. Hamling coming back via VFL as coming back from leg injury raised concerns about him being able to play a full game at AFL level. Sounds like they will do the same with Roberts and Roughy is 1-2 games away. Such a massive difference to B-Mac playing Roughy with one arm, Griff a sore back and Roberts playing injured in the VFL.

merantau
01-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Over many years I have developed a fairly healthy disdain for Essendon supporters mainly because those I've had much to do with often exhibited a certain level of arrogance and superiority. I'm sure there're some decent ones about - it's just that I've not yet visited that cave on the edge of the Mojave Desert.
Furthermore, there is a personal element in this game. My brother, who got me barracking for the Bulldogs really shocked me about 30 years ago when he told me that he now barracked for Essendon. I couldn't believe the treachery. He said to me back in the 90s at a time when Essendon were going bad, "The Bulldogs are doing well." Quick as a flash I snapped back, "Pity you don't barrack for them anymore."
So, this is a big game for me and I am desperate for us to win. If we bring the same intensity as win did last week we will.

jeemak
01-08-2015, 04:55 PM
I reckon the boys will have the game last year in the back of their minds. We absolutely should have won that game and it was the start of the downward spiral. A touch of redemption in it for mind add that too a potential finals berth I just think we have too much to play for when the heat goes on.

I remember that game. The one where you could clearly perceive the instruction was to move it quickly by the coverage around the bench, but everyone on the ground construed the message as kick it quickly, in the air and to Dustin Fletcher!

Such a frustrating finish to the game, and I'm not surprised for it to be perceived as the beginning of McCartney's end as it would have been enough to make any coach go insane after three years of trying to get players to follow instructions.

jeemak
01-08-2015, 05:16 PM

I've always thought it was an over simplification of McCartney's game plan to suggest it relied only on congestion, as when we played well in spurts under him you could clearly see it was much more than that. Unfortunately for him he couldn't bring out the positive attributes within the playing group consistently which made for poor viewing.

There's no doubt Beveridge has a more positive way of distributing his message (all players have either said that without saying it, or said it straight up) than his predecessor, and I think he's benefited from not having the influence of Cooney, Griffen, Higgins and Lake (only one season under McCartney - but dispensed with efficiently) around the club, who in retrospect might have provided a hindrance to McCartney in getting his message across to the players.

As for the game plan I look forward to watching it evolve. There have been times this season where we've looked just as impotent as we did in previous years where congestion has been the flavour of the day, and easily scored against behind our defence after the ball has been choked up between our wing and forward pockets for what seemed an eternity.

I do agree with you however, it does seem Beveridge is following the trend of a lot of coaches who nowadays prefer to concentrate on what their teams do well from a set up and system perspective, and test these aspects against the opposition with only moderate regard given to line by line personnel.

The bulldog tragician
01-08-2015, 06:18 PM
I've often been nervous about our selections this year, but the match committee usually seem to get it right, and I agree they're working to a future and making their calls on that basis.

I think one of the truly amazing things about this year is that we are a completely new outfit. Looking back to when we beat the Pies only 12 months ago (which was a really unexpected win at the time) I worked out that only ten 'survivors' remained in last Sunday's team.

It's not because we got rid of rubbish players either. Missing from our ranks, forever, are the experienced quartet of Giansiracusa, Cooney, Higgins and Griffen - and the 780 plus games of experience they had amassed between them. Still on our list, but missing through injury or form issues are last year's best and fairest winner Tom Liberatore (who was BOG that day) as well as Minson, Roughead, Stevens and Hrovat. Liam Jones and Jason Tutt, who both actually played well that day, are the only ones who were fringe players last year.

Realising this is why I'm the most optimistic I've ever been that this is an exceptional group of young players who can take us to the Promised Land!!

Dancin' Douggy
01-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Package time!

I can hear it now. Hey kids your package has arrived!!!

ledge
01-08-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm worried to be honest , the talls like Stanton, Carlisle and Hooker are our Achilles heal and we have gone in with no roughead or Roberts, if we are going to beat them with run I think They run better than collingwood.

Rocco Jones
01-08-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm worried to be honest , the talls like Stanton, Carlisle and Hooker are our Achilles heal and we have gone in with no roughead or Roberts, if we are going to beat them with run I think They run better than collingwood.

Daniher?

I don't think they run better than Collingwood. Well maybe running one way they compete with them, but Collingwood are far better with running as part of a team defense.

Bulldog4life
01-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Daniher?

I don't think they run better than Collingwood. Well maybe running one way they compete with them, but Collingwood are far better with running as part of a team defense.

Not today:)

LostDoggy
02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Bailey Dale named to start as Sub.